HATERS CLUB Dec 19

August

Cathlete
OMG.

I wrote such a long post, and then my computer froze ;( and whisked my little words to Cyberland of the Lost.

And now I'm late LOL.

I'm still a bit in shock for losing all that I wrote!

I'll have to come back later.....but I must write that your poem, Michele, is AWESOME! I really, really enjoyed reading it.

I seriously can't believe I lost that post!!

Okay, I'm off.

Good day to you all!

I'm very disappointed that August lost her long post. I hope she gets a chance to rewrite it. The Chex Mix is in the oven and that's one thing crossed of the long list of things to try to get done today. Also on that list is something cardio, but I'm not sure what. I'd love to do Cardio Fusion, but I'm not sure I have the time.

Be back later to check on you all.

Good morning, everyone!!!

Poor August, I hate when that happens. Actually, that's happened to me a few times in the past couple of weeks--I've been having computer issues;(. I'm a painstakingly slow typist so it's really a blow when I lose a post.

So did August workout today? I think you should do a Christi to celebrate your homecoming, after all, she is your favorite. Did you get a new blender? What are you doing for Christmas?

Robin, I love, Love, LOVE chex party mix and I can't ever have it--I cannot STOP eating it once I start. I swear you are the queen of treats!

Thanks for the compliments on my poem--lol! Robin, no!! DH wouldn't dare touch my antique tree -- the one with all my little antique glass birds -- because then I would surely have to kill him. That tree is in my living room year round. We don't put up a big tree anymore so the tree in question is a table top version that I ordered from a florist. The ornaments are wired on so all I have to do is take it out of the closet and plug it in:). Unfortunately the lights are burned out, too, and I think it's from the rattling it took from DH. The lights were fine a few days ago and the tree doesn't get used enough for the lights to have burned out. We tried replacing some of the bulbs and we still can't get it to light up. The lights are wired on, too, and it would be pretty hard to remove them and put on a new strand. This means we won't have a Christmas tree this year.

I thought yesterday was supposed to be GS legs but I was wrong. Today is GS legs, which is good because I didn't do my workout yesterday;( . It was supposed to be cardio so I'll just tack it on to today's w/o.

I have to run, folks. I have a very long to do list and a few errands for my MIL. I'll try to BBL.

Oops, I responded on the wrong day. I am reposting here.

Hi Everyone -

Michele - Thanks for the shot out about the shoes The poem was hilarious.

Yesterday I bought the "Eat to Live" book from Amazon. Does anyone on here follow this? I really want to add more fresh veggies and fruits and whole foods into my diet (I know I have said this before but it is still a struggle). I like the 5 Factor Diet except that it seems to have some high sodium stuff in it. And I want to cut down on my animal products (though I probably won't ever go vegetarian). I like how the focus of the book is on health as opposed to weight lose. I am really more concerned about long term health and energy level, and I know a good weight will follow from this. My DH is really on board with this too and wants to cut down on meat and eat healthier. But I am not sure how he feels about salad as the main dish...

Diane, I'm glad you like my poem--lol!

You should post on the OD forum about the Eat to Live book. There are several people on the forums following that plan. I'll never convert to veganism because I just don't see it as essential for good health, nor do I have ethical issues with the consumption of animal products but, like you, I do see a need to cut back on animal fats and protein. I think it's pretty easy to do really.

I rely on beans quite a bit as a meat substitute. My DH loves tofu and seitein but I can't stand them -- tofu tastes like dirt to me no matter how it is served. I can't deal with fake tofu milk, either --lol! My DH loves grilled tofu on salad or served up with tomato sauce.

When I want a vegetarian meal I'll make something like lentil soup with a vegetable broth, and I'll load it up with tons of vegetables like canned tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, green beans, and of course, lentils. This is really a complete meal. You could add a nice loaf of bread for the comfort factor, or a side salad. I also make vegetarian chili and I don't miss the meat at all. WW pasta has a lot of protein in it and I'll whip up a quick pan sauce with canned tomatoes, onions, and sliced bell peppers. You could also make a sauce with EVOO and vegetables -- like a primavera. My pantry is always fully stocked with beans, canned tomatoes, pasta, barley, and broth of all kinds.

To add more veggies to my diet, I like to roast large sheet pans with mixed vegetables. I drizzle them with EVOO, sea salt, and pepper and roast in a 400 degree oven for about 35 or 40 minutes. They make a delicious side dish with anything.

HTH:)

I'm off to Target!

Hi everyone. :)

Michele - your poem cracked me up, you silly girl. I'm always making up goofy poems and songs - Gabe thinks it is hilarious. DH thinks I'm a weirdo. Oh well! Did you do GS legs? I bet you won't have DOMS so bad this time.

August - I hate when you type something and then poof! it is gone. What the heck happened? On my end, it is always due to a one year old who likes to crawl under the desk and push the pretty orange button. Ha! Is Christmas as commercialized in Japan as it is here? Are you and mom doing anything special?

Diane - have you been able to get back into a routine yet? I know that yesterday (I think) you said that you were going to try to get in some 30 min workouts.

Jana - how are you feeling? How's the job going?

Robin - I love Chex Mix too but I do not make it or buy it. No way! Same w/Rice Krispy Treats. I cannot eat one, therefore I don't make them. I am so happy for your grandson. That is amazing.

Kate - let me guess, B&G today????? LOL

What happened to Jeanette & Deb - have you guys deserted us or what?

Can I scream for a minute here???? I am stressed from the holidays. I love Christmas and the true meaning of it but my goodness am I worn out. I am BROKE!!!! Last night my DH was making me feel bad - I wanted to get him a recliner but with everything else I have to buy I don't have the money. I told him that he will be getting one but not until my 2nd pay in January. So he's like well now I won't have anything to open on Christmas morning. He really doesn't need anything which is why I thought of the recliner. He said he could use tools or racing stuff for his car. HELLO, does he not remember that I know nothing about that stuff. And it is like I'm just handing money out everywhere. I had to buy 3 ($5) gifts for gift exchanges, gifts for daycare, a gift for Gabe's teacher, money to buy all the ingredients for all the cookies I made, $ for the cookie tins, etc. I am broke!!! My house is a mess, my kids are bad, LOL. Yesterday Gannon was laughing hysterically so I look to see what was up and he had a fly swatter and was beating the Christmas tree with it. Last night he took a bag of cold fish crackers, dumped them on the kitchen floor and crushed them. DH was eating cookies and he snatched one and crumbled it up all over the couch. He is a one man wrecking crew! I am so tempted to take off from work on Thursday to clean but I really hate using a vacation day to clean, but I think that it is the only way I"m going to get it done. I am off all next week from work but I doubt I'll get anything done.

Please say a prayer for my friend Amy. Next Thursday she will have to go to Baltimore for surgery. She has a tumor in her brain. She is a single mom w/a 10 year old daughter. Her daughter will be staying with us from Wed-Sat b/c Amy's mom has to be with her in Baltimore and Jas isn't old enough to go into ICU. They told her it is a pretty routine surgery for them but even though the doctors say that, it is serious. The tumor is benign but it is continuing to grow and causing all sorts of problems for her (weight gain, migraines, depression) I'm hoping that I can find somethings for Jas to do to help take her mind off of everything. Amy's mom will be picking her up on Saturday to go to Baltimore to bring Amy home.

Have any of you been following the story about the 3 climbers in Mt. Hood, Oregon? I have and it is so sad. Yesterday when they released the name of the climber that they found dead, I didn't think it was going to be Kelly James. I don't know why I thought that but when I read that, my heart sank. I can't even imagine what their families are going through right now.

Well, I think that I have written a book. Oh yeah, can you tell that I have been avoiding the main subject of this thread, CARDIO. So no, I didn't do it. I didn't do anything. Tonight is Gabe's Christmas concert at school, tomorrow is CCD, Thursday *maybe* will get cardio in, Friday exchanging gifts w/Amy & Jas. Cardio, shmardio, don't want to do it.

Michele - Thanks for your suggestions. I don't think I will ever go vegetarian either, much less vegan, but I want to cut down my meat to only a few times a week instead of every day two times a day! I may try the 6 week program in Eat to Live that is very strict for 6 weeks to kinda flush out my system. We will see.

Today at lunch I was looking at the menu to see what I would get at this restaurant when I would be on the 6 week plan (Chinese food - I didn't pick it, I went with colleagues). They had salad but it didn't come with lots of veggies on it. I would just be eating iceburg lettuce and some fatty dressing. I could probably order a plate of steamed veggies, but I just hate being difficult. Today I ate steamed chicken with lots veggies, but the sauce on it probably had so much oil in it. I just don't know how people eat healthy when they are eating out (which I have to do 5 days a week for lunch). Most of the time we go to sandwich places where I can more easily get a good salad, but some days we go to chinese or other kind of food which is harder.

Hi Diane. There is no way that I could eat out 5 days a week. Shame that it is expected of you, ya know? I don't think that ordering steamed veggies is being difficult.

When I am doing the 6 week plan, I may bring my lunch to work sometimes just to have something different than the same old salad. It is just very frowned upon in my group which is very annoying. I like the social activity of going out to lunch, but it is expensive and unhealthy.

Also, does everyone try and eat healthy at holidays or do they just count it as a cheat day and don't worry about it? With Christmas around the corner, and then New Years right after that, it seems impossible to eat healthy. We are hosting a New Year's Eve get together - a group of about 12 going out to dinner first then coming over to our house for wine and festivities. I can try to make healthier choices, but restaurant food is always covered in butter.

Poor Diane. I know what you mean though. Sometimes it is just socially impossible to eat as healthy as you'd like. Tomarrow is our party at work and I know there won't be anything healthy beyond a carrot stick or two. I cut back a little today in anticipation of tomarrow. I do pretty well with the treats I make to stuff my guests. My theory is if they all blow up and look like balloons, well, I appear all the svelter. Is that a word?

Dana, you poor thing. I used to hate to take vacation days to clean too, but sometimes that is the only alternative. I've been pretty sane this year, money wise, compared to the past. I haven't had time, with the baby and the second shift weeks of work, to really go shopping.

I ended up doing Rythmic Step and a segment from core max today. RS has always been one of my favorites. I have it on DVD, and it flickers in a couple spots, so I know the time is coming to replace it with a DVD.

August, what did you do for your cardio hating workout today?

Oh Diane!....You know what....I gained 8lbs since I went back to work and it was ALL from eating out at lunch every day. It is really hard in this town to try and eat good, I know how you feel.
My best thought would be to try and find Jason's Deli or somewhere like that were you can get better stuff.

I had to start just packing my lunch everyday and eat at the office and then run around during lunch time, like go get the car washed or stuff like that. Very frustrating!!! I feel your pain!!!

Not to mention all the cake and candy and crap.....oh.......bad, bad, bad!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.