HATE, Thank You DEC 21

August

Cathlete
OMG!

Michele, this is my 1000th post?! I totally didn't notice! YAY!

Glazed donuts for everyone!!

Oh yeah, Blazed donuts. Those come after the 10th or so Glazed ones.

Kate - Sounds like you're all ready for a good booze fest LOL! Santa will be proud. I might be small in height, but my feet don't show it. You'd think I'd be your height (well, okay, I'd settle for even just a couple more inches) with my 7.5 feet. Nevertheless, I'm with Michele. I can't wear high heels. Remember, I wear mules. Every day. And I speed walk. Everywhere.

Jeanette - I hear you on the posting. I come here first and by the time I finish posting here, getting to the yoga thread is really difficult unless I have a lot of time! I can't imagine posting on FOUR! How great that your P90X is still going strong. I can't wait to hear what it does for you and how you feel about it. And how you recommend that I don't need to go to the trouble to get it and spend a lot more money LOL.

Robin - Oh yeah, I really needed to see that list of party food LOL. And you listed fudge twice. You know how much I love fudge? I don't want to talk about this anymore. LOL.................Oh yeah. Okay. That's it. I REALLY needed to read "PB meltaway cake."

Deb - Okay, I'm totally going to do a GS rotation next month. You and Michele did it. Gimme that rotation, girl!

Dana - That's great that Gabe's Christmas performance was a smash! How great that so many people took the time to gather to watch it. That must have been exciting for the performers! Yeah, what Robin said - how'd you figure out how to get the recliner?

Michele - I'm so sorry to hear about your DH and the work situation. Goes to show you what an important person your DH is (though I guess you don't want to hear that right now...LOL). How about thinking to celebrate the Japanese way and have a wonderful family time together on the 31st? That GS rotation has really got me curious. I'm going to use Deb's Blaster rotation (heh, sorry, Deb, for naming your rotation) and maybe I'll check out Cathe's December one to see what's going on. Haha, okay, promise not to laugh at me? I don't have a credit card. Yes. I know. But there's a reason, and it's not because I've been in trouble LOL (I won't be visiting you in jail, Jeanette). I never got around to getting a credit card while I was in the States, and now that I'm in Japan, it's a little difficult (if I want a Japanese one, and I do). The credit card companies here don't believe that I'm not going to charge up the card and then dash off away from Japan. They didn't tell me that directly when they turned me down THREE times LOL, but since I'm a foreigner living here without a contract with a company, I can only imagine that that's the reason. But to tell you the truth, one of my errands yesterday was a trip to the bank to complain (the Amazon thing being the last straw). The bank ended up telling me that they will send a personalized mail to the credit card company in hopes to help me get a credit card (banks are so helpful when you imply you might move to a different bank LOL). Keep your fingers crossed for me....Now, what's this about a 5K? LOL.

Janjan - That sinus thing sounds totally horrid. I hope you feel better soon. Oh my. Did you read that weird thing that Kate wrote about hating donuts? Did I read that right? I could not possibly have read that right.

Oh man, look at the time. I can't believe I have to go out again. I'll be gone for the next few days again, so have a great weekend and talk with you after Xmas! Have a wonderfully merry one (and a Happy Chanukah, too!).

Hey, where is everyone today?

August, you speed walking blazed donut hater, gone again?!!?

There is still a room full of party food across the hall. Some of it has infiltrated our own department office. Must be strong. Must resist. (Is hearing a small voice saying "Resistance is futile.")

Today's plan is for KP&C. Friday will hopefully be something in a circuit mode, maybe Drill Max. I'm not sure I'll get a workout in on Sat, with a house full of company, and Sunday is a rest day. My company will be leaving Monday, late afternoon, early evening, so I may manage to get something done Christmas too. Now, if only I can keep the Eating Of Goodies under control, I may get through this weekend without gaining. If only....

Have a great day and a great workout all.

Good morning everybody!!

August, we'll miss you! Have a good trip and we'll be right here when you get back. Are you going to the donut town again? --LMAO!

I can't believe how hard it is for you to get a credit card in Japan! You've lived there a long time now, haven't you? Why not just get a U.S. card? In fact, I'd get both Japan and U.S. cards. You still do a fair amount of shopping on U.S. based websites, and if you ever do decide to move back here it may help to have established credit.

Thank you for your kind words about my DH. Yeah, he's pretty special, at least I usually think so...when he's not busy infuriating me--lol! We never go out on New Years Eve. We try to reserve that holiday just for ourselves and besides, my side of the family is usually working New Years Eve. Both my brother and my sister's DH play in bands and they usually have a NYE gig. We like to stay home and light a fire and make a nice dinner. The Scifi channel usually runs a Twilight Zone marathon on NYE and we enjoy watching that. Try as hard as we might, we have trouble staying awake to usher in the new year. We're so pathetic--lol!

Robin, I'm so glad every time a holiday rolls around that I'm no longer employed. The treats would absolutely do me in. My resistance is low and I would gorge myself on lovely crap. --I saw your post about your friend being paged back to his room in the hospital;. ROTFLMAO!!! That would be me!

Deb, did I mention that I would love a copy of your rotation, too?

Jana, it was good to see you here again last night. I would be a cow if I went back to work!

Diane, did you get a copy of Eat to Live? What do you think about it? I have some great vegetarian recipes for lentil soup and chili that I'd be happy to email to you if you're interested.

I did a GS legs premix last night and I became dizzy and nauseated during the workout. I managed to finish it but I had to take frequent breaks and I didn't complete all the reps. I've had a terrible cold and bad cough but was feeling better the past couple of days. I guess I jumped the gun. GS legs is very aerobic for me and I ended up in a coughing fit;( . I have GS SBB on tap for today but I'm not sure I'll get to it. If I do, it won't be until this evening.

Hello to everyone else and I'll BBL:* :*

Michele, those Twilight Zones, are they the classic episodes, the good ones...cuz that sounds great to me

I was looking for Diana Krall's Christmas album and I came across Jim Brickman's, perhaps next year. I try to do one per year, last year was Nat King Cole. Do you have it?

I have to run, gotta get the kids ready for school..

Okay-4 days now??? (re: Christmas) LOL-here is what I do in a nutshell- rotation wise that is-(this is so embarrassing- it's like exposing my diary- I'm a liitle sheepish)-anyways

Sunday-off
Monday- Cardio (yes cardio and lots of it)-20 min. HIIT with jump rope/ C & W Abs only/ GS Back, Shoulders, Biceps
Tuesday- Cardio-Cathe Mega Step Blast (it's old)
GS Legs/ 20 min. elliptical
Wednesday- Cardio-30-40 min. Jump rope OR Kathy Smith Pwer Step
GS Chest & Triceps/ 20-25 Min. elliptical
Thursday- 30-40 min. run on treadmill/PUB abs only
Friday-Gin Miller Intense Moves (HIIT) and sometimes a total body weight workout
Saturday-sometimes off but on "off" days I take a walk or do elliptical for 20-30 min. depending on the time

Things that I'm doing differently is having a whey shake everyday/trying to eat more veggies (still not where I want to be with that)/when I'm hungry I make myself eat a fruit or veggie first then if I still want that "treat" I eat it & not feel bad/trying to put more protein in my diet/ cut out 1 cup of coffee in morning-down to 1 a day/every 1-2 weeks I chanllenge my weights by moving up--I hope this helps someone/anyone but I am no expert-I think it's been a lnog and slow process and and I'll probably reach my goal in a couple of months-I may have to switch it up by then--deb

Kate, oh yeah, it's the classic TZ!! They start airing the shows on New Years Eve in the morning and they run through New Years Day. They do this every year.

I love Diana Krall but I don't have any of her CD's. I have 2 Jim Brickman Christmas CD's; The Gift and Peace. I love them both.

I adore Nat King Cole and have a CD of his Christmas music.

Deb, thanks for posting your "dirty laundry"--lol! It looks similar to the December rotation Cathe posted which is the GS workouts alternating with different cardio workouts. It's a great rotation! I could never plan a rotation by myself. I'm such a dork!

Diet is so hard to manage this time of year. Great job on the coffee. I must have at least 2 cups in the morning but I don't drink anymore the rest of the day. Sometimes I have a cup of green tea with stevia in the afternoon or after dinner. I need to get myself a blender--I'd love to make a post w/o shake.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.