HATE - Sept 11

August

Cathlete
Hi there!

Sorry I didn't pop in yesterday. I went to the vet and came home and was just tuckered out....it was probably from all that scrubbing my carpet the day before LOL.

All the squirrels are totally healthy and great, and all is ready for their surgeries next week.......but can I just tell you how stunned I was to get the bill for the day's tests, and also the bill that I'll be paying for the surgeries next week?

I took a look and literally did a

http://bestsmileys.com/surprised/1.gif
WHAT?!!?!!!!

When I saw the price, I was totally surprised how expensive it was. But then the real shocker came when I found out it was PER squirrel!!

It was kind of like not spilling just one big bowl of red tomato sauce with cottage cheese all over myself, my sofa, my Step and my carpet, but FOUR bowls of it! LOL.

Ahhhh, gotta love Japan and the prices.

Everybody, come visit! http://bestsmileys.com/bubble/2.gif

Okay. I'm off to do some arms and abs.

Have a great day and check back later!

JENNIE -

>I feel like such a loser.

We'll have none of that here!! http://bestsmileys.com/nono/6.gif Now, I don't know you all that well yet, but I do know that you are not a loser.

Things in common aside, do you and Chris get along? He seems like a good person?

JENNIFER - How fun for your cats to have such a great fort in your basement LOL. But oh gawd, that must have been awful if it stunk.

When she first started renting from you, what was the time length arrangement? It sounds like the 6 months is more than you imagined it would be?

I liked what Michele wrote and agree with what she said. (Except for this part : "That's what I would do, but then, I'm just an old meany" LMAO)

I'm sending tons of good vibes to you and your cats for your appointment tomorrow. LOL about having to use treats to get them into the carrier.

Enjoy your vacation in the meantime!

JEN - Glad you had a great time with your family. And congrats on finding some comfy flip-flops!

Did I just read that Chad is having you over for a home-cooked meal? http://bestsmileys.com/hyper/4.gif

MICHELE - Well, my Step is a little more to the left than it was before, so I don't see any [font color=red size=+2]pasta stain[/font] . So as long as I don't use my Step, all's good LOL!

Oooh, your DH is getting an iPod Touch! Very cool!

And when on earth are you getting your Mac computers?!

I do love that photo of Siegfreid and Johnny (LOL about the shoe box!!). Siegfreid von Hassenpfeffer! LMAO! Makes me think of the Bugs Bunny episode where the king is shouting out "Where's my Hassenpfeffer?!"

>he used to kind of hop through the snow

OMG, how cute!

Your menu sounds healthy and yummy. Cheers!

DANA - Sees! Sees! Do you not know Sees Chocolates?! Ah yes, I see Michele has posted a link! I love dark chocolate caramels.

>S: 1 bell pepper, cup of grape tomatoes

That is a fabulous snack http://bestsmileys.com/lol/25.gif . How on earth did you choose that for a snack?! But seriously, your menu sounds healthy and nice, too.

Wow, we've got some great motivators here!

I hope you feel better soon. The cold sounds miserable.

ROBIN - Oh no, you caught a cold, too? I'm glad you had a fun time at the festival, and I hope you feel better soon.

>In fact, the people who had a balloon land in their yard had a better show then those who went to the airport.

LOL.

DIANE -

>Cheese has been one of my biggest cravings this pregnancy!

Oh, totally me, too, me, too...except for the pregnancy part. http://bestsmileys.com/blushing/7.gif

Anyway, sounds like you're feeling well and things are going smoothly. I'll be sending good vibes and I can't wait to hear all about the delivery!!

Have fun everybody. Motivation! Healthful meals! Fabulousness to all! :* :* :*

I just realized right now that it is 9/11 and wanted to send warm thoughts out to all.

August, when I realized what day it was I got sad. I'm sure that pet bill was out of sight. They always are.

Dana, I'm not sure what catagory to put HTC in for WW ( I know I'll burn more calories then the points they give me). Do you have any ideas?

O.k. ladies I'll check back in later.

Jennie

~Straighten out, fly right~

Cathe Friedrich

Morning haters!

I'm supposed to be starting a P90X nutrition plan today and I'm SCARED! It's quite limiting for the first couple of weeks (you're only allowed one serving of carbs PER DAY). Yeah, and I'm eating my serving of carbs right now (my cereal) so that's it for me. Now I have to fit in five proteins, two dairy, one fruit, two veggies, one snack and one fat. Ugh. I guess it's tuna for lunch. I'm sure August's squirrels would be thrilled:p

August - sorry to hear about the hugeanic vet bill for the snipping of the squirrels. I hope you recover soon!

Michele - your picture was SO CUTE! I'm beginning to gain a new appreciation for doxies. They're adorable. And I love Johnny's face as he sits in the shoebox.

Robin - how was the first day with Bevdemort?

Jen - did you eat last night? I hope so!

Diane - glad to hear all is going smoothly. I'm sure it won't take you any time at all to lose your excess weight. Like you said, it's water weight. Are you getting to the "get this thing out of me" stage yet?

Dana - sorry to hear you're sick. That sucks. I'm actually starting to feel better. The room doesn't spin when I move my head now!

Jennie - I have to go back and see what you posted about Chris. I don't think it's necessary to have every little thing in common. My SO and I differ on quite a few things and it makes things interesting;-) When we were first together, there were a LOT of fireworks. And I'm not talking those little fizzley ones. I mean the HUGE ones that explode into a million sparks. Only nobody was going OOOOOOOOOH or AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!:p

Hi to anyone I've missed. And I'm sending warm thoughts to everyone on this sad day.

Popping in quick b/c I need to get working. I'll try to BBL.

Yesterday's workout was PS chest/shoulders/triceps and I took Ralphie for a 1 mile walk.

Today will be a 3 mile walk (if it stops raining) and PS back/biceps/abs.

Jennie - sorry but I don't think I have the workout you are referring to. Which one is it? It is too early for me to think right now. Is it the one from the Hardcore Series?

Shelley - glad to hear you are feeling better?

Robin - thanks for the review on the hot air balloon festival. How are you feeling today?

Hi August, Michelle, JT, Diane, Jenn and everyone else I may have missed.

Any of you deal w/migraines? Gabe has been getting awful headaches lately. Yesterday when I picked him up from daycare he was sitting inside with his head on the table. The girl that works there said he was fine one minute, running outside playing then all of a sudden he was screaming that his head hurt and started throwing up. This is the 3 episode of this (headache then vomiting) in about a month. I just made him an appt w/his dr - he goes on Sept 27.

Good morning http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/lotsocoffee.gif

Todays workout calls for flexibility training so I'm doing a segment from Classical Stretch. I highly recommend this workout http://www.classicalstretch.com/ . It makes you feel so good and relaxed. Whenever I do it in the evening I sleep really well that night, so I think I'm going to wait and do it late.

I might have an answer for weight training -- I'm going to get another splint to hold my wrist in neutral position. I have one but I don't want to get it all sweaty and stinky;( . My workout yesterday was pretty pathetic -- I really couldn't do it. I cannot do triceps extensions at all, and bicep curls and lateral shoulder raises just about kill me. Any kind of repetitive arm movement is quite pain producing;( x(

My menu for the day isn't planned yet so I'll have to get back with you on that.

AUGIE - thanks for the warm 9/11 thoughts. That was a horrible day. I was watching the morning news when the first plane hit the WTC, then I watched the whole thing happen right before my very eyes. It was so scary and surreal. I'll never forget that day.

Oh yeah, vet fees are out of this world http://bestsmileys.com/surprised/2.gif . I swear it's more expensive to take your pet to the vet than it is to take yourself to the doctor. I can kind of understand the cost for a spay because that's real surgery, but a neuter? OMG, it takes about 2 minutes to neuter a cat! I can't understand why they set their fees so high -- it's not like they have a lot of liability, and they're making pet ownership unaffordable for lots of people x(

>Makes me think of the Bugs Bunny episode where the king is shouting out "Where's my Hassenpfeffer?!"

I remember that!! LMAO! I love Bugs Bunny:7

JENNIE - I've never followed WW but I remember someone on the forums talking about how Cathe's workouts burn so many calories that it actually allowed them more points so they could eat more:eek: :D

SHELLEY - P90X vibes coming your way. Oh man, I'd have trouble with a carb restriction, but then, the term "carbs" is used so loosely anymore that I'm never totally sure what it means. Is this like a bread/pasta/potato restriction?

Did I read somewhere that your dizziness is better? I hope so -- I can't imagine how hard it would be to function if you felt dizzy all the time.

Oh yeah, wieners are as cute as they come and they really know how to tug at your heart strings, but know this...they are the spawn of Satan. They're nearly impossible to train with their tenacious hound temperament. But yeah, in terms of cuteness, they're off the charts:+

DANA - ^5's on the workout! I'm sure Ralphie enjoyed the walk, too.

Poor Gabe! I'll keep him in my prayers. The headaches do sound like migraines, so the good news is they can fix that! Does Gabe get car sick? Kids that suffer migraines often get car sick, too (or any kind of motion sickness -- just a bit of trivia;)) . I'll ask my DH what you should do if he gets another headache between now and his appointment.

Hello to the rest a youse! It's time for breakfast, and then some errands. I'll BBL, though :*

Hello Haters.

About the renter using basement space. Yes, it stunk. You could be outside my house and smell the ashes. And, I was concerned about Seville and Madrid with URI issues, they had when they came home from the Humane Society so it makes them more susceptible to diseases like that. My windows were open for days so the odor wouldn't settle in my stuff. 6 months was the original agreement. And, I remembered last night that we were going to discuss an increase at this time. Her lack of motivation to take charge of her life is waring thin. She has a golden opportunity to change her life, her health, etcc. and she's just stewing. Rate increase is on it's way. Michele, you're not a meany.

About Match..Some good news. There is a guy named David. He originally told me that he thought I was adorable but too busy to be involved, well, he's making time for me now. GOD only knows what will happen.

It's hard to believe it's 9-11. ABC had a special announcement during GMA, I thought something else happened, it freaked me out for a second but it was for the memorials at all 3 sites.

BBL.

Well, I don't hate doctors I just don't like what my BMI came out to today. A friend told me that it's more than what you think it will be, and she is correct.
For my insurance, if I had 3 more points, I would have to be on a dcc diet and exericse progream-not me. It's my wake up call to trim the fat off my diet, workout more vigorously, smaller portions and eating alot slower. Being on vacation is hard on my diet,

Hello everyone,

I have good news. Well for me at least. Chris asked me out again. We're planning on doing something this weekend. We're just not sure what yet.

August, me and Chris do have things in common. For one, we're both home bodies. Neither of us want kids. Don't get me wrong, I like kids but they're just not for me.

Michelle, LM is not easy for me. Sometimes I only do a premix, but this time I actually did the whole work out. And I only use the 6 inch step. What's wrong with your wrist?

Dana, I meant HSC. It was early when I asked you that question. :7

Shelley, there is no way I could only have one serving of carbs. Ain't gonna happen. I love my carbs.

Jennifer, would this guy want someone that does NOTHING all the time? I don't think so.

Hello to everyone else.

Jennie

~Straighten out, fly right~

Cathe Friedrich

[font color=red size=+2]WOW!!![/font]

Have you guys seen the preview of the new workouts!? They look great! I love the music. I can't wait for the extended clips so I can see more of the weight work. The cardio parts look like fun (that is, for people who love cardio:p ) but I already know I won't be able to do it. I might manage some of the low impact step.

JEN, I'll bet you'll love the boot camp and kickboxing workouts! There's a pretty wicked push up segment, too!

JENNIFER - I'm glad you heard from David and I'm sending amore (that's Italian for love) vibes your way. I love that he thinks you're adorable. David -- nice name!

Don't sweat the BMI. I think it has a very limited usefulness anyway. IMHO it's better to go by your waist measurement;)

JENNIE - WOO HOO!! Have fun with Chris and we want all the details! Nothing wrong with not wanting children -- I never had children. I wanted them but it just didn't work out for me. In retrospect it's probably good that it turned out this way ;)

My wrist is fine -- I hurt my elbow and the wrist splint helps protect it by keeping the wrist in a neutral position. Flexion and extension of the wrist affects the elbow so I need to avoid that.

Hello to everyone else. I'll BBL tonight if I can:)

Hi haters! I hate this not being able to check in until after work. I am having serious time issues.

Shelley, the first day with Bevdemort was OK. She made a silly little speech about being happy to be back and sorry things had ended badly last time. The supervisor just kind of blew her off, saying we all start fresh and the rest of us kind of ignored her. We were all super busy, so it wasn't obvious that we were pretending she wasn't there. We were pretty busy again today, so no one had to sit around and chit chat with her. I imagine she will behave herself for a couple months before some kind of upheaval occurs. I'm glad to hear the dizziness is getting better.

Michele, I hope the brace thingie helps. I'd be going stir crazy about now with how long the elbow problem has lasted.

Jenn and Jennifer, good luck with your men.

August, aren't vets bills outrageous!??! Tell the squirrels they need to find a job with health insurance.

Diane, I'm glad to hear you and Ella are still hanging around together. I can't believe your due date is so close.

Dana, wow, those headaches would make me nervous. I hope it's nothing to serious. My DD had a girlfriend who had migraines, but I don't remember them coming on so suddenly.

I have to get going. Cereal for dinner, then a meeting at church.

HIYA! My cats are driving me NUTS! They are so spoiled and with me not being home as much lately they aren't happy with me. I am exhausted tonight, I shouldn't have worked out but I did anyway...I'm taking tomorrow night off. Thought I was going to have to take Friday off to go to a party but it got moved to another weekend so now I can workout Fri and take tomorrow night off! I can tell I've been doing more AWT and upper body weights lately- anytime I increase my lean muscle my appetite goes through the roof, luckily I don't really gain weight when doing that so it's alright I guess but I hate being that hungry!

Well I had a nice evening last night- he grilled out chicken and then had baked sweat potatoes, spinach salad w/ wonderful tomatos, and a pear & apple salad. I ate my salad, and half my chicken & potatoes. He is a good cook... for someone who likes to eat! ;-)

August- So exactly how much more expensive is Japan than the US, like double? Man, I can't imagine... I know the vet bill here is never cheap so I can only imagine! :eek: Huh, maybe I should ditch the trainer and go for the vet... :p

Shelley- So how was the first day of the P90X diet? The low carb thing works wonders for my body type but it is SO hard for me to stick to. Whenever I first wanted to lose some weight I did the low carb diet (my version though which wasn't as limiting) and dropped like 15lbs. very easy. That is when I then started eating healthy and working out. There is no way I could no carb for a long time and I am not even a bread or pasta person at all but cereal, whole wheat wraps, etc... I can only go so long without!

Dana- Man, poor Gabe! I will say a prayer for him that it isn't anything serious...that sounds awful- does he have glasses? I can't remember sorry...

Jennifer- I can't wait to hear more about David & your next date... where are you going?

Jennie- Sounds like things are going good for you & Chris also... can't wait to hear more about that also, what do you think you guys will do? Dinner & movies get old for me- especially since I don't like eating out that much & really don't like going to the movies! Funny thing, Chad asked me to go the movie Friday night and I did, but when I met him there he asked what I wanted to see & I was like, I really don't care so he asked if I went to the movie a lot & I said no b/c I hate sitting still that long & not being able to talk. Come to find out he really doesn't like the movies either... go figure! I am glad though as I wouldn't be able to go often!

Michele- YES, I am SOOO excited about the Kickboxing & Bootcamp one, you know me well! :D I won't even do the other two- maybe the weights but for sure not the step so I could care less about them but the KB & BC were enough for me to fork over the dollar for them! You didn't tell Jennie HOW you hurt your elbow--- playing video games! :p

Robin- Hey, hey... guess we're having the same thing for dinner! What kind of cereal is on your dinner plate? I am getting ready to go get some Kashi GoLean, YUM!!!

Okay, well I am going to get dinner and be back to check out the clips and try to finally order some shoes... none of the ones I've ordered have worked but I checked out aviadirect.com today and thinking i like the 680 and 681 I think was the numbers, not sure I can find them on zappos or shoes.com but I will try there first as avia doesn't have the free shipping & returns but if I can find shoes I like I'll pay the shipping if I have to!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.