Hate - Sat June 9

buffettgirl

Cathlete
What a gloriously beautiful day it is here. There were some thunderstorms last night and today everything is shiney and fresh. Just the kind of day to garden. I also have strawberry picking and Step Blast on the list of things to do today.

Michele, we will patiently wait for the Italy report. I'm just so glad it turned out so well for you. You needed and deserved the trip.

Corrie, so glad to hear from you. I'm sorry about your step dad's health issues and will put him in my prayers. High fives on the cigarette avoidance, and keep that good work up.

Jen, whatcha gonna be doing today?

Hi to August, Diane, Dana, Shelley and any others who check in. I have to check in a couple other places and then get to work on my list.

http://bestsmileys.com/sun/4.gif Good morning Robin and all! http://bestsmileys.com/sun/4.gif

It's a gorgeous day here, too. The humidity is down and temps aren't expected to rise much above 80. It's been in the high 80's to low 90's since I got back which probably had a lot to do with why I felt so crappy http://bestsmileys.com/hot/3.gif

Robin, are you actually going to PICK your own strawberries!? Oh man, I hate working for my food -- ROTFLMAO!! My grocery store, the one I'm always raving about, sells produce from local organic farmers and I just buy that, or I go to farm stands and buy it there, but I never, EVER pick my own. I hate bugs and...and dirt and stuff like that. Then there's the whole aching back and knee syndrome from bending over and crawling around on the ground...with the bugs and the dirt. I'm such a girl:p :7 I saw your post in the clean eaters thread and I'd love to come over for some fresh strawberry shortcake. }( :9

{{{{{Corrie}}}}}, I'm so sorry to hear about your step dad. He will remain in my prayers, along with you and your mom. It must be so stressful on all of you. And congratulations on quitting smoking. I quit about 10 or 12 years ago and now I can' t even stand to be around it. It's hard for me to believe I ever smoked. I hope this is just a temporary setback for your DH and I'll cross my fingers and toes that he stops soon. As for working out, don't worry about it. It's very hard to do focused exercise when you're under this kind of stress. Try just going for a walk in the early morning or late evening. It's great exercise and it tends to have a calming effect. Hang in there:*

Jen, I think I'll follow your very good advice and just tell you about my trip in small increments. That's a great idea and I feel better all ready.

I haven't done a workout all week and I want to try and squeeze a quick one in before the graduation. I have no clue what DH and I will do the rest of the day, but I'm sure we'll have to visit my IL's sometime before the weekend is over. I'll BBL today or tomorrow with the first installment of My Big Fat Italian Vacation:7

Hello to everyone else.:* :* :*

Jen, Robin & Michele

Thank you so much for the support. I really needed to get my stress out and it helps to vent here.

Robin - I LOVE going and picking my own berries! When we lived in the Lower Mainland (the outskirts of Vancouver in BC) we usually picked stawberries and raspberries and froze a bunch. We would also be able to go down the road and load up on fresh blueberries and there was a greenhouse that had a little unmanned hut where you could get bags of peppers and tomatoes. You just put your money in the little lock box and away you went. I haven't found anything similar here yet, but I may try my hand at growing my own.

Jen - I hope you have a safe and fun trip. Thanks for replying last night - I don't want to smoke ever again and yesterday was one of the very few days I have even thought of it. It just really scared me that I even thought about! I certainly know that it will not make the situation any better and will actually add to my stress as I will feel soooo guilty.

Michele - I can't wait to hear about your vacation! Thanks for letting me know that you quit smoking and have been successful at it for soooo long! It is very encouraging. I am kind of embarassed to let people know that I ever smoked, but I knew that everyone here would be supportive of the fact I had quit.

Well, we are all a little calmer here today. My Mom will be heading to Vancouver tomorrow and we will all keep praying for Barry.

Thank you everyone!
Corrie

Yes, I pick my own berries. Actually, the fields are nice and bugless, with nice straw covered paths. There is the bending and stooping though. I picked about 6 quarts in less than 30 min. Corrie, I have a lovely blueberry patch about a mile from my house. DH and I always go to a mountain about an hour away and pick wild blueberries in August too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.