Hate-a-rama - Apr 25

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Well, YEEHAW, it's only two more sleeps until Sophie and I head to Robin's!!!

How is everyone this fine Hump Day? I'm groggy.... didn't want to get out of bed this morning (especially when my SO is still in there all snuggly and warm and he's off todayx( )

Jen - YOU DIDN'T WORK OUT???? *falls off chair* Hey, if you have a sinus infection, then don't work out tonight either. I had one of those last year and it was all I could do to just lie on the couch. You know, I was really sick in December, had a massive chest infection and couldn't work out (I tried a couple of times - big mistake). I ended up taking 10 rest days in December. And you know what? I LOST weight. And I didn't lose any gains in conditioning. I was shocked. I think that went a long way towards helping me see that taking a rest day occasionally isn't going to undo all my hard work.

Robin - I FOUND THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!:7 :7 :7 :7

Everyone else, I'm waving madly to you. Get yer butts in here and say hello! I have to run to work now. I'll be back to check on y'all.

Yay! The birth certificate has been found!!! All systems are go for lift off in about 100 or so hours.

Jen, that wasn't very nice of Michele to give you her sinus infection. I'm glad you didn't push yourself and workout. You NEED TO REST, at least once every 6 months or so.

Dana, my friends store is right in Williamsport. I feel so bad that I rarely go in, but frankly, it's way too upscale for me. I don't have the disposable income to buy the really expensive cookware. I keep promising myself that someday I'll get a really good knife or two, and a good saute pan, but I've done OK so far with what I have.

Deb, I'm glad the substituting continues to work out well. But Tony must miss you so.

Last night I ended up doing PUB (for Michele.) I'm taking a rest day today, since I have a paper gown docotor visit after work. Who knows how long that will take. I have to remember to ask him about my flakey Aunt Flo visits.

Have a wonderful day haters. I'll probably pop back in later.

Hate Sodium Bloat and Sleepless Nights

Good morning! Well, it is morning anyway. I did not sleep a wink last night. Why? So glad you asked. A couple of rowdy men decided to shout at each other between midnight and 3:00 a.m. and stood outside my window to do it! Did I mention that I hate obscene language? Hate it, hate it, hate it. I was tempted to grab a bar of soap and go outside and wash their mouths out with soap and choke them with the bar of soap while I was at it so I could get some sleep. They seemed violent, so I decided to pray instead. Very effective! I started praying, a big storm rolled in, and they left!

Since I could not sleep, I beat myself up for eating unclean yesterday. I was bloated and miserable all night. I started thinking about my mother’s upcoming visit in a few weeks and the Road Trip and how big my butt still is and felt like a total failure. Why oh why is it taking me so many years to shed this blasted fat?! I started reading Beth Moore’s new book this morning, which inspired me and made me laugh out loud. Yes, I am in a pit in more ways than one. Yes, I feel stuck. Yes, I want to get out. I love Miss Beth! I did my Breaking Free Bible study lesson and the Kick Max boot camp challenge premix.

I am too tired to move, and my boss is returning to the office today after being out since last Thursday. Hell day. Ugh!

Did I mention that I had a run-in with a giant pickle yesterday? The pickle won. I hate the morning after succumbing to the lure of a giant pickle. I hate sodium bloat. I hate my scale. I think I should hurl my scale at the next hooligan who interrupts my sleep.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Hate Sodium Bloat and Sleepless Nights

Yes, Robin, it's been found, so all systems are go!

Good luck with the paper gown visit. Blech.

HEATHER!!!!! I'm so happy to see you! I'm so sorry that there were rude, offensive men keeping you up all night. I love your idea about the scale. I'm laughing my head off about your fight with the giant pickle. Hide under your desk and nap.

Heather, I'm hating that you sound a little down. Please don't be. Think about the wonderful strides you have made. The rest will come with time. And using your scale as a weapon against offensive men is a great idea.

Hey haters!

Heather - glad you stopped by! :) What a bunch of idiots you had to deal with last night. But at least they got rained out. Don't beat yourself up - you are doing great. But it is frustrating when the weight doesn't come off.

Robin - have fun at the doc. :p I wouldn't be able to afford your friend's store either. I have a hard time even buying from Pampered Chef b/c I think some of their stuff is overpriced.

Hi Shelley!!!

I didn't workout last night. Well, I tried to but got discouraged and said the heck with this. I was going to do DrillMax but didn't want that long of a workout so I thought I would try the 1-5 interval premix of IMAX3. Big mistake. I couldn't follow so I yelled at Cathe and turned off the tv. I don't think I"m gonna like IMAX 3 - that was only the 2 time I even put that one in the DVD player. I like IMAX 2 much better. Tonight I'll walk 4-5 miles.

My DH & I were supposed to meet at our bank at lunch today to close on a loan. When I spoke to the loan officer yesterday she said we didn't need anything and that our loan check would just be deposited in our account and we can write our own checks. Well, she just called and said she needs all of our account numbers and payoffs and they will issue the checks. I don't have any of that info with me. What does she think, I keep that kind of stuff in my purse just for the hell of it???? So I had to reschedule for Friday and now my DH won't answer his cell phone. Arrgghhh!!!! I hope he checks his voicemail.

Today is another hectic, crazy day. Is there a full moon or what???

Hey there!!

Sorry I'm so late checking in. I was sitting at my computer at about 8 this morning, and just as I was getting ready to post I got called away and I've been busy ever since.

I did PUB last night for the 2nd time ever. The first time I did the Pyramid Up premix but I couldn't finish all the reps with the heaviest weight. I did the Pyramid Down premix this time and liked it MUCH better. I was able to match Cathe for chest and back http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/6.gif , but had to go a little lower for bis, tris, and shoulders. I felt like I made some gains since the last time I did the workout so I was pretty happy with myself, especially since I had a sinus infection and didn't workout at all last week. I have CC on tap for today but I won't have time to do it until late this afternoon (so much for getting my workout done first thing in the morning -- *sigh*).

My SIL is coming this Sunday and I'm having her and DH's parents over for a cookout Sunday night http://bestsmileys.com/cooking/6.gif . I have quite a lot to do between now and next Wednesday when DH leaves for Germany.

Shelley, I feel so out of the loop -- why do you need a birth certificate? Is it required to cross the border? Can't you just use a passport?

I'm excited about your GTG with Robin -- AND jealous. Is Sophie excited about it? I understand you're going to have a rootin, tootin, SHOOTIN good ole time -- LMAO! My DH would LOVE to take you out shooting. He lives for target shooting. http://bestsmileys.com/shooting1/3.gif

Robin, thanks for doing PUB for me last night. Did you do the WHOLE workout? I might try a whole workout sometime -- right now I'm thoroughly enamored with the premixes. I don't think I could've done the whole workout -- my endurance isn't good enough, and neither is my attention span:eek: .

Ooh, a paper gown visit. Egad, I hate those things! Don't you dare forget to discuss your visit from Aunt Flo!!

{{{{{Heather}}}}} I'm so happy you found something to hate today!!! I love giant pickles and vulgar men outside your window because they bring you to us:p. Robin made a good point -- if this ever happens again fling open your window, pick up your nasty scale, and drop it on their heads }( . THAT'S what scales are for;) . As for the pickle, enjoy it and drink up! There's nothing like cool, refreshing water to flush the salt out of your system, and after all, pickles aren't ALL bad. Now stop beating yourself up. You're doing GREAT and you're a constant source of encouragement to the rest of us slobs who aren't doing so great;)

{{{{{DANA}}}}} I know what you mean about feeling discouraged. That's kind of how I felt the other day when I tried Cardio Fusion. I ended up doing basic step and knee ups through most of the drills. I cannot do high impact aerobics -- I just CAN'T. I figure I still got a good workout though. The music was good and I was motivated to keep moving. I did the best I could and that's all anybody can do.

How annoying that the loan officer totally screwed up like that. You'd think she'd be able to tell you in advance what you need to take to a closing! What a moron!

Jen, I'm very proud of you for behaving and taking care of yourself last night. It IS good to rest. You should try it for a week and see if it makes a difference in your results. I really hope you're not getting a sinus infection. I was totally out of commission for at least 2 full days, and still felt rotten for nearly a week. I definitely could NOT workout. Please take care of yourself!!

I'm about to run a few errands and amend my list. I'm still practicing with this whole list thing. I decided that my lists were to broad and I needed to break them down a little more. I'm probably making this list thing way more complex than it needs to be ;) ;(

I'll BBL :* :* :*

Michele - a passport would be great, but unfortunately ours expired in March and I haven't got around to renewing them yet. It's been crazy at the passport office here because now you have to have one to fly to the States, so EVERYONE applied at the beginning of the year. Anyway, I have the forms all filled out and the pictures are taken, just need to get some things signed and I can send them off.

Hate Defective TVs

Thanks for the welcome back to Hatesville. I posted too soon this morning. I forgot to mention that Cathe was green this morning. I thought it was a pickle juice hangover, but my TV is on the fritz. My new TV that I just bought last year. The warranty expired last month, and this little repair will cost more than I paid for the darn thing brand new! I did not budget for a new TV this month. My old one was a 1991 model that was still going strong but did not connect to a DVD player. I bought a new one last year expecting at least a few good years out of it. According to the guy at the repair shop, most TVs that were made after 1991 are junk and are built to survive the warranty period. Great! I want to do some research before I buy a new one, so it looks like I will have to deal with pickle juice Cathe for a few days.

Thankfully, the sound is fine. But everything is fluorescent green. Everything. It looks like viewing through green tinted glasses. On the bright side, I have another weapon if those rowdy men return tonight. Sigh!

I think the devil is having a party in and around my home. Out my house! Out my house! In Jesus’ name!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Hate Defective TVs

Heather - have you ever considered doing stand-up comedy?:p Pickle juice Cathe! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA - sorry to laugh, I know the TV thing is vexing, but you have such a way of telling stories... I just can't help it:)

Sending hugs.

Just popping in before I leave for the day. I doubt I'll get a walk tonight - it is pouring and I mean pouring out. I have a headache. Gabe's teacher e-mailed me about his bad behavior. He has been lying to me and that is one thing that I cannot tolerate. I want him to tell me he got in trouble at school not lie that he had a great day. Urgh!!!! I told his teacher to send him to the principal's office.

Heather - sorry about your tv. Might as well drop that on the idiotic noise making men that lurk outside your window.

Jen - how are you feeling today?

Hey haters... I am not a happy camper, went to the doctor & have a sinus infection. I feel worse today then I did last night, I guess at least I have medicine now but I refuse to take more than 2 days off of working out. So, my plan is to do B&G tomorrow night- since it isn't as much cardio then do Thurs w/o Friday night & just not do the one I had scheduled for Friday. My throat feels like it is closing on me & I'm starved but don't want to eat b/c I'm not working out. My doctor was shocked to see me, haven't went in for anything in like 2 years.

Shelley- You must have been deathly ill in December to stop you from working out for 10 days! I do agree though about the weight thing, which isn't a bad thing but I still feel giggly when I can't workout for more than 2-3 days. Probably more mental than anything but hey, I never said I was normal.

Robin- I know, how dare Michele send me her sinus infection. Although not 100% sure I can blame her- my mom has one also. She let hers get so bad though that she was out of commission for 2 days. How was the paper gown appointment?

Heather- Why were the men outside your window...neighbors? Sorry you couldn't sleep. I love pickles but agree with you 100% on the sodium bloat they give you.

Dana- You should fire the loan officer & go get the loan somewhere else, she knows what she is doing & that is obsurd that she would tell you you don't need that information & then the day of tell you that you do need it. Are you getting a line of credit or a loan? Typically with a line of credit they either give you checks or credit card to use that comes from that credit line, and with a loan it is generally them paying the bills directly... I would still fire her & take your business elsewhere!

Michele- Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear you about me being good & you being proud but I just feel like a slacker... a slacker that feels like crap none the less but still a slacker. I have a sinus infection & not happy about it at all.

Okay, well I am going to get a few things done around here that don't require me to move much, I bent down to put something away in a cabinet & thought my head was going to pop it hurt so bad.

I'm sure I'll check back in sometime before I head to bed at like 8!

Hi girls- probably no one around this late but I have a quick second so I thought I would stop by-Dana-the exam I took is the administrative support exam #5029--it took about 2 hours-and I'm sorry byt your little man sounds like the cutest little stinker-

Robin & Shelley-I want to know how your weekend goes and raise a glass for me (now why did I assume you both would be imbibing??...)just kidding-I will raise one for you two-Shelley-I bet Sophie excited-

Michele-are things going any better with your brother-he's lucky to have such sweet siblings-

Jen-REST-now-I mean it!!!-hope you feel better-

Heather- nice to see you-I don't get into fights with pickles, I choose to keep my battles with choclate bars..

hi to EVERYONE else-where are you?--deb

Jen, I don't know if you're still lurking around, but this scared me...

"I'm starved but don't want to eat b/c I'm not working out..."

That sent off all sorts of warning bells in my head. I don't want to chastise you, but you KNOW that's not a healthy attitude, right? I'm really worried about you, girlie.:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.