HATE - Nov 9

August

Cathlete
Mornin!

Well, I did Step, Jump, Pump for the first time today. You know, a lot of the moves in this one sort of reminded me of a Christi one (but not as dancy, of course). And it was kind of new to get some kickboxing in a step routine. I sure do love Cathe's weight lifting work.

Anyway, my legs are still aching from yesterday's workout, so I did all the lunging and squatting with no weights and still got a pretty intense workout.

Ahhh. I'm...sleepy. :) Or am I supposed to say I'm feeling revived? ;)

Dana - About WillPower & Grace, in case you missed it, I wanted to repeat - I have dread factor with this workout. I think it's because it's challenging. :* It looks like it's going to be cool and breezy, when actually, it's a blizzard. I usually follow the easy modifiers, and still feel like I'm going to keel over at any moment. If there's any way to rent it before buying it, do that. This workout will have you in tears (it did for me, at least).

Diane - I like the shape of the dark dress. And I agree with Michele in that either would work for you - the blue one is nice for your coloring. The dark one is more sophisticated and elegant. The blue one will make more on an entrance - I think heads would turn with that one.

Wow. I think I might need to take a nap. Or maybe some yoga or something ;) .

Tonight is konnyaku noodles with spaghetti sauce and veggies (and maybe cottage cheese for the protein) - do they sell konnyaku in the States? Virtually no calories, is full of minerals and fiber, and are sold in blocks or noodles?

:) Later!

If I could decide between a nap or yoga......well okay I don't need to state this right? :p :p :p :p

Briee (Waves to all you haters....enjoyin those new DVD's????? ROTFLOL)

Konnyaku noodles? I never heard of them. Is this manna from heaven? A no calorie food that tastes good and is good for you? I must Google!!

August, I don't have SJP. It was like Christi? So that means you liked it? What in the he!! is happening to us!? Why are we suddenly always doing cardio? Before you know it Briee will be doing yoga everyday:p! We must be on a parallel universe or something.

I know what you mean about your legs aching. I have DOMS in my hamstrings that won't go away x(

I need to go to bed now. I have an early morning appt tomorrow for some dental work. I broke a toothx( and my dentist is prepping me for a crown. Dental work doesn't bother me at all but I always get a migraine headache from the anesthesia injection;( . I'm going to take a big dose of Ibuprofen before I leave in the morning to try and nip it in the bud. I may not be on the boards tomorrow much if at all.

I'm scheduled to do BMax 2 tomorrow and I'm shaking in my boots over it. I'll be doing a premix for sure.

Good night August and all. I hope you sleep well:* :*

I didn't know pumpkin spice glazed donuts could break a tooth!

Bahahaha.

Ooooh, hate pain in mouth. No pain in mouth. Nooo gooood. I'll be sending you good dental vibes.

You know, my sleep has been very strange lately. I generally sleep from 3am to 8:30am, and then right after I have my post-workout smoothie, I can't keep my eyes open, so then I end up sleeping on the sofa for 45 minutes around 2pm. Oops, hopefully you're sound asleep and not reading this - I'd hate to influence you in any way. :)

Yes, we all certainly are working out a lot, aren't we. It's rather alarming. Maybe it has to do with Thanksgiving looming around the corner. Well, I certainly am not going to skimp on that day. Bring on the bellyache! LOL.

I did like SJP, even though I'm in my little dance phase. I thought the weights were really nice in this workout, though I can't lie and say it didn't feel a tad long. :)

Oh yes, yes, Google konnyaku. Wait, here is a link :

http://www.shakespeare-w.com/english/konnyaku/whatis.html

I personally like the ones that are shaped into noodles, and then eat them in light vinegar-type dipping sauce. All you have to do is buy them, open the package, get rid of the water that's in the package, and eat them. They're very slippery and if you don't chew well, they'll just slide on down, which can't be too good a thing. :*

I must find these noodles....hmmmm....whole foods trip! I am up xtra early so I can try to fit in all of P90X arms and shoulders this am.
I don't know if I will have all the time for it, but going to try. I still have DOMS from Tuesday....wow.....never had that before!

August, you never fail to crack me up when I am .2% awake in the mornings!

Michele, I hope the dentist goes ok, deep breath, in out it will be ok. Good luck on BM!

Diane, I like the first dress.

Dana, oh the first b-day, you know how it goes! We had to walk in Toysrus and Wal-Mart to try and find a gift yesterday. It was actually hard to find her something she does not already have! How was Gannon's first b-day? How are the boys?

Ok, welll I must get going here to get this workout in.

I will attempt to check back in later.

Hope everyone else is having a great morning!

Janjan:7 :7 :7

Hey, I found more info on those konnyaku noodles :

http://216.109.125.130/search/cache...nefits+konnyaku&d=fb67PJIFNuzn&icp=1&.intl=us

And there are recipes for low-carb pasta dishes - and here I thought I was being so original!

My konnyaku pasta was really yummy tonight. Of course, that's what happens when you use organice pasta sauce that you buy in a jar. ;) Anyway, I added tons of veggies and garlic, and also cottage cheese to give it a lasagna feel and it was totally good!

I've never tried or even seen the tofu konnyaku noodles that are on that link. I always get a dark brown one.

Fascinating, I know.

All right, it's Yoga time.

Hope you had a great workout, Jana!

Good morning,

Today was 1/2 hour from Christi Taylor's Hi-Lo Heaven. I think this is the first time I've finished all of the combos from it. I'll have to look and make sure, but I think I finished it. I then added on Butts & Guts stability ball abs. I liked this one, works the abs a little bit differently.

August, I've never seen the konnyaku noodles but then I never look at the Asian food section. I just might have to. I am sooo stuck on the same old foods every day. However, tonite I'm going to an Alison Kraus concert in Reno, NV, with dinner at probably Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill or something beforehand. Really looking forward to it.

Michelle, hope the dentist appointment goes well and that you can head off any migraines or headaches beforehand. I never used to mind going to the dentist, but now I get a bit tense in the chair, you know when you are grasping your hands together. I have a couple areas that have only a little enamel on the teeth down by the gum line, very sensitive. I'm always warning them ahead of time to be careful in those areas. Michelle, BM2 I thought was much easier than any Cardio Coach. CC#4 that I did the other night wiped me out. 1 minute at level 4 was tough, tough, tough for me. Any of Cathe's workouts are a piece of cake cardiowise when compared to Cardio Coach. He just pushes you further, that's where improvements are made, which for my bike riding is what I'm looking for.

Jan, happy birthday to your little one. Hope the knee is improving.

Diane, I loved the black dress too. Very elegant.

Jeanette

Hiya, Jeanette,

Everyone's been talking about Christi's Heaven lately...I haven't tried it yet. Maybe I should break it open soon. Have you tried Still Jumping? I hear it's better to start with that one before attempting the Heaven one.

Ooh, fun - dinner and a show! Have a great time!

I have Still Jumping and haven't tried it yet. I was thinking the opposite, that Heaven would be easier. Now I've got to try Jumping next time. I'm not a big impact person so the name Jumping skeered me. That's where the HATE in my cardio comes in. HATE jump tucks with a passion.

Jeanette

Hi Ladies -

I officially missed my first workout on the rotation yesterday. :-( I got home later than I thought from the prayer meeting last night so I didn't have time to go for a run. I went to sleep really late for the stupidest reason ever. The kittens wrestle and chase each other all the time and it all seems innocent and fun, not like they are actually hurting each other. But last night they were really roudy and seemed like they were really battling it out. There was no hissing or injuries, but I heard a few yelps as if they bit a little to hard. So I was not able to sleep because I would hear them playing in the bedroom and I was listening all night to see if they were hurting each other. Then I was up watching them play for a while to make sure it was okay. They seem like they are playing and don't seem to dislike each other, it is just SOOO rough now. Maybe they just have a lot of pent up energy. I played with them for a long time last night to try and get some energy out. Anyone had this happen? Is this okay?

Anyway, so I am planing on doing the 20 run and abs tonight after work. I shouldn't have to get home too late tonight.

Oh, and thanks ladies for the advice about the dress. After August's post saying that the second blue dress would "turn heads" I realized that it is clearly not the dress for this event. It is a very formal event with stuffy old people from work. Everyone talks about people that have dresses that are too sexy (usually trophy wives of the partners). I don't want to be one of those people. So looks like the dark brown dress is the winner. I am going to keep looking online to see if I spot anything else.

Oh boy, Diane! Actually, I like these as much as the formal gowns, and I think these dresses can be formal if paired with the right accessories.

The dresses I like the best, in the order that you linked them, are:
#1, #2, #5, #7, and #9.

I couldn't tell you which one is my absolute favorite, but #9 is a standout with the beaded skit. It's really elegant, but then, they ALL are. You can't go wrong with any of them.

I LOVE that "chili" color!! It's so festive.

The strapless dress with the ruched bodice is my least favorite. It looks too poofy around the boobs.

August, I'm going to see if I can find those noodles:9

Jeanette, thanks for the comparison between CC and BMax 2. I haven't tried CC #4 yet. I'm still a cardio baby--lol! I've done 1 through 3 so far and they give me an awesome sweat fest of a a workout. Did I just say that!?:eek: :7

I just got home from the dentist and a headache is setting in.;(

I'm going to take a little nap and then attempt BMax 2.

OH NO!! I AM SO SAD!!

I decided that I really liked that sage dress so I was about to buy it and it is on backorder or something until February!!! I guess I am not the only person that liked it.

Okay, I need to order a dress asap because they are apparently flying off the shelves. The only ones ACTUALLY available in my size are...

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2870972...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2384392&P=1 (I think the color ink would be good for my coloring)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2901140...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2384392&P=1

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2907896...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2378731&P=3

Out of these, which one do you like the best?

So sad...still sad about the sage dress...

Diane, I can't see your second option--it comes up as an error message. I LOVE the first one. I guess I'm a sucker for a sash;) . The 3rd one is very nice, too. They're both elegant with a nice drape. You can't go wrong with either one, really!

I just checked your 2nd link and it worked this time. LOVE it!! I love the detail in the halter top. If I wore that one, I'd pair it with lovely, dangly earrings and a bracelet.

Oh boy, you have a tough choice to make, but I stand by my earlier statement--you can't go wrong with any of them.

I am thinking of #2.

I already have these shoes below in the black luster color (not silver). Think they would go with the dress?

http://www.ninashoes.com/special-occasion-(263)-Silver%20Glimmer-(2012-8H6Y8J).html

ETA: For some reason this link doesn't work, will have to copy and paste to see them.

I agree, I would need dangly earring, not a necklace, because they neckline already has enough going on.

Okay, I bought dress #2 (lace halter with sash) and will be wearing with the satin shoes I already own.

I am thinking I will wear it with some dangling earrings and fun cocktail ring. What do you think of these?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2916146...04~2375354&SourceID=1&SlotID=2&origin=related

http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/product.do?cid=13895&pid=373418

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2909162...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2382466&P=1 (I love the jet black jewerly now)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2880518...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2382466&P=1 (these are really beautiful, but a little more than i was looking to spend - but I guess I don't have to buy shoes...)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2901863...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2375367&P=3

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.