Hate! Monday April 30

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Morning haters. Can you believe April is over already? May is one of my favorite months, but I'm not ready for it yet. With the yucky weather we had in April, I feel like I've misplaced a whole month somewhere.

I had a lovely visit with Shelley and Sophie over the weekend. It wasn't long enough. Shelley and I didn't get a chance to workout together. That's probably a good thing. She brought P90X for me to preview and we only had time to watch a few minutes of Tony. I'm not sure I'll ever get the series. It looked WAY to hard.

It's off to work with me in a couple minutes. I have a few errands to run after work, then home for something cardio. I may pull Amy or Tracey out and give one of them another chance. Then I hope to get the summer clothes out of the attic.

Hope you all have wonderful plans for Wonderfulday New Life Monday. See you later.

Good morning!

We had a crazy weekend around here and DH just left for Germany:-( http://www.smileyarena.net/Library/packs/transport/default/plane.gif . He won't be back in time to make my birthday volcano cake:-( .

A celebration of sorts is in order because I actually completed a rotation -- well, sort of;) . I did all of the April rotation except for maybe 5 days where I was pretty sick with a sinus infection. I did Muscle Max on Saturday and I'm still sore from it. I did the workout as produced instead of a premix and managed to keep up pretty well until the end. I couldn't complete the core work -- I should've done that part first. When I had a PT she always made me start with core work, and if we finished early she'd make me do a little more core at the end.

Robin, no I can't believe April is over. I'm so glad you had a GTG with Shelley and Miss Sophie. It sounds like y'all had a fantastic time. Does your DH still think we're all ax murderers and perverts -- LMAO!!

I'll bet you can too do P90X. You should be plenty strong enough to handle Tony after years of Cathe. It might even do you some good to switch it up a little. I say give her a go!!

Jen, I was glad to see you posted over the weekend. It sounds like you're feeling better and back to your crazy workouts :eek: :7. I don't blame you for going into work and catching up. My DH likes to do that if he's been away from his office for awhile. He feels overwhelmed when work piles up. May will be hard for him with 2 trips -- Germany and Italy! He'll be way behind.

August, are you back yet? We miss your chipper morning posts. Have you had any more donuts?

I wonder if Cathe will post a new rotation today? I'll probably do a CC today. My SIL is in town for the week so I'll probably spend a lot of time with her. I know we're going shopping one day and out to dinner with my IL's another evening. I'm going over to my IL's later today, too.

Hello to everyone else and I'll be checking back to see if anyone else has checked in -- check!

I'll see y'all later:* :*

Hate Mondays

Good morning, friends of Hatesville! Ugh! It is Monday morning again. My boss is returning to the office, and this will be hell week at work. We have a lot of work to do this week.

I had an interesting Sunday. I spent the entire day buying and returning TVs. Is there a Cathe calendar sticker for this? Does hauling TVs up and down the stairs and back and forth to the stores count as a workout? I think I bought all the lemon TVs in Central Texas! You can read all about my TV shopping adventure here in yesterday’s hate check-in:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=9&topic_id=51738#51755

I did not get anything else accomplished yesterday. Thankfully, I finally found a TV that I love, and it was on sale. I looked at it Saturday night and had my heart set on it, but the price was $100.00 more than I wanted to spend. The price dropped $120.00 overnight! What an answer to my prayers. I am so excited. The picture and sound are amazing on this TV. I played part of IMAX2, and the music rocks. I did IMAX3 late last night. Even the Hardcore Series looks and sounds great on this TV. It was a blessing in disguise that the cheap TV I bought Saturday night and the replacement TV I bought yesterday were defective because I would not have returned to Circuit City yesterday afternoon and discovered this great deal otherwise. I got a $300.00 Sharp LCD TV for $180.00!

I did the warm-up, standing segment, and stretch from Gym Style legs this morning. I am planning to jog in the pool at the club with Rebecca after work.

Robin and Shelley, welcome back.

Michele, a nice intense cardio workout will make you feel so much better. Cardio is better than volcano cake. Yes, it is!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Hate Mondays

Hello everyone. I'm actually glad that it is Monday and I"m at work and I can relax. HA! My weekend was crazy!!!! Yesterday the only time I sat down was when I was driving. Come to think of it, Saturday was that way too.

Michele - kudos for you for finishing the rotation. Did you see any results with it? Sorry to hear that your DH won't be around to make your cake. Although I love Heather, I'm going to have to disagree with her. Cake is way better then cardio. Ask anyone. :p

Robin - so what did you and Shelley do over the weekend?

Shelley - what did you think of Pa?

Heather - I'm glad that you finally found a tv and Cathe is no longer green. And if it is making the GS workouts appealing, then all the better. Do you think that I could find one that makes cardio look fun?

I'm pretty busy here so I just wanted to pop in and say hello to my fellow haters.

Have a happy Monday all!!! :)

HI Everyone!!

Michelle, I completed the April Rotation too and am feeling pretty smug about it !:p ;-) :eek:
It's been a while since I've done one without missing a workout!

I started FitnessFreak's updated Get Ready for Summer rotation this morning , with BM2 double upperbody premix ! YIKES}( I lifted heavy and feel PUMPED this morning!!!:7

Today is my DD's (the youngest) 16th birthday!!! How can it be??
Time sure flies.
We have family coming over tonight and too much cake and ice cream in the house!! :eek: :9
I have lot's of cleaning and getting ready to do, plus taking my car to the shop , so I gotta get going.

Have a good one everybody!!

Hey Dana, I have something for you from Shelley. I should dangle it in front of you like a carrot, promising to give it to you only if we get together. You could stop by, we could meet, or I could mail it. PM me. I took the girls on a walk of the State Game Lands near our house in the morning. We went to Reptiland, then to Lewisburg for the Market Street Festival. We came home and grilled shrimp for dinner, followed by blueberry pie. Then we had a fire in my fire pit on the patio, but it started to rain before we could make s'mores, so we had to move inside and toast our marshmallows over a fire in the livingroom fireplace. They left Sunday morning so they would have time to make a stop at Niagra Falls and a Target on the way home.

Michele, I'm sorry your DH will be gone over your birthday. He'll have to bring you home something extra special. You may be getting a little something from PA though.

I better go. I'm at work and the hospital computer system crashed, so someone is supposed to be around to do something to each terminal. It would probably not be a good thing to be found in Catheland.

just a check in
ref and stove being delivered and installed as we speak

sounds like a good weekend girls
Jen glad your feeling better

again ill ask, what with Diane??

Robin, Gabe's class went to Reptileland on Friday. I've never been there. Are you working on Friday? I have to take off b/c Gabe doesn't have school.

Mariah, you got a new stove and frige?

Almost lunch. Gotta run out and buy ketchup (of all things). My children MUST have ketchup or I"m in big trouble.

yes
very exciting for me
since i was gonna get eye surgery and it was gonna cost me $2000, and was told i couldnt get it done, figured i could treat myself to things for my home

Hiya!!

I've read all your posts but I'm in an unbelievable hurry today. I'm on my way to my in laws to visit and figure out what we're going to do this week. My SIL is here until next Sunday.

The morning has been crazy. DH had to take an earlier flight because they fouled up his ticket somehow. He's pretty irritated because he had work to do at the office, and he originally booked a direct flight -- now he has a long layover. Needless to say, he is not a happy camper.

I just finished my lunch (see the link I posted below). I made it last night for the damily and had just enough left over for my lunch. I used WW pasta (De Cecco brand -- the only WW pasta I'll eat) and it was really delicious and EASY to make. We grilled these HUGE shrimp (ha ha...huge shrimp) to have with it and it was a big hit.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_36676,00.html

Robin, now you don't need to send me anything for my birthday -- really. OTOH, I do love presents:p :7

Heather -- OMG your TV story had me rolling! I'm so glad you found the TV you wanted for a great price!! I'm really happy to see you in Hatertown today!

>>Michele, a nice intense cardio workout will make you feel so much better. Cardio is better than volcano cake. Yes, it is!

*GASP* That's crazy talk!! C'mon now -- would you pass up a slice of birthday cake to do GS workouts!? I didn't think so:p:7

Hi Dana, Becky, Mariah, and everyone else!! I need to run but I'll see you later.

Well howdy to everyone! Yes, I do still exist..hehe!

Ok, let me start, Michele...sorry about the DH...grrrrr...not fun. I have had that happen to me before and ended up sleeping at the airport for a night. So not fun. Hopefully things will go better for DH once he is finally there. I am going to check on the recipe you posted, I have some shrimp I need to use up. How is everything else?

August, oh August, well I always miss you! You crack me up too much. How is the weather over there and what new crazy workouts have you done lately?

Dana, I thought I was the only that felt that way on the weekend. Marley is 100 miles per hour Sat and Sun, it is very exhausting! I can only imagine 2 boys! I am going to have to agree on the ketchup. I think I feel the same way, it is a staple. Too bad I don't get to eat it anymorex( . Trying to loose some pesky lbs which do not want to come off. I think it is the "I am almost 30 thing". They say it slows down at 30, but I think 29 is what they really mean! The way I see it, all the chasing and running around counts as a really good workout! :p

Diane, boy or girl? Do you know yet??? Have you gone nuts buying baby stuff yet? It's fun, but then your house becomes overloaded! I am really excited for you!

Ok, well I have got to get my biscuit back to work. Work, work, work, work, work....that's all I ever do!...I need a vacation!!!

Hello to everyone else!! Sorry to be short, busy at work as usual!!

Hope everyone is doing super good!

Jana

Hey Jana!!!!!

So that's why I can't lose this weight, I'm over the hill!!!

Diane hasn't been around in a few days. I think her appt is soon though so she better let us all know if it is pink or blue. I'm thinking pink!!!!

This last hour is dragging!!!!

Hi Ladies -

Just stopping by. Nothing to report yet on the gender, I find out Wednesday morning and I will be sure to log on in the afternoon and let y'all know. Dana, I have a feeling it is pink as well, but DH thinks its a boy. But what does he know.

We haven't bought any baby stuff yet, but found nursery furniture we liked this weekend. We are waiting to buy until after we find out the sex though.

I did buy a car this weekend though! We have been wanting to get me an SUV (I drive a sedan). We decided on a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee and told my DH's cousin to look out for one in the color and features I want b/c she works at a dealership. Turns out they had the exact car I wanted already. And we got a great deal on it through her. So I go pick it up on Friday afternoon (cousin lives an hr and 1/2 away). It is a dark metallic blue and is really pretty.

Hey Diane! Yeah a new car! Oh how fun. I got a new one in November and can you believe I bought a sedan. I wanted a SUV, but I did not want to pay the gas....yeah right! It was $50 to fill up my tank last week. Don't get me started on gas prices....moving right along, I can't wait for Wed! You will HAVE to tell us as soon as you know!!
There is a really cute store called Baby's first furniture on Richmond and Chimney Rock. They have some good stuff. And..if it is a girl Haute Baby in the Uptown shops, oh they have the cutiest clothes!!! They have good boy stuff too!

Anyway, yes Dana it is an age thing ;) Yeah ok, I have no idea what it is. Possibly a bum knee too.....However, weight watchers is working, but I tend to get dirty looks for other people in there. People think that just because I am tall I don't look pudgy, but I feel pudgy and have gained weight since I went back to work and need to loose it. I go to ww for support, DH eats like a piggy, so I need support from somewhere.

Ok, back to work...I am so hot in this building!

Jana - Baby's 1st Furniture is where we went this weekend! It is right down the street from our house. That is where we found the nursery furniture we want (a crib and 2 dressers - the 3 drawer dresser is a changing table that changes to a regular dresser for when they are older). They had such cute bedding and decorations there too. They also carry the brand of furniture we want at USA Baby, so we are going to check there too to see if the prices are better.

The gas shouldn't be any worse for me since my car uses the premium gas now so I pay about the same amount/mth for gas as DH who has an Explorer. But once I stay home and don't have a commute, the gas won't be as much of an issue.

By the way, they changed our bonus structure at work to where I would have to work MORE to get my bonus, so I am not going back to work now to get my bonus. So I will just quit sometime during my maternity leave (at least get some of the money, but I feel bad taking all of it).

Also, my DH got a call from a recruiter the other day about a job working for a large energy company here in Houston. He has done work for this company before and likes the people there. The pay would either be the same or a little more as he makes now, but he would be working a lot less, more of a 8-5:30 M-F type job instead of 8-whenever and weekends. So please please please pray that he gets an interview and gets the job. He was planning on applying for jobs like this in a year from now, even to this company specifically, but it would be so wonderful if he could have this job now and have more time at home for when the baby is here.

Good evening haters. I did Tone It Up, 10 min thigh blaster, & 200 jumping jacks tonight. I think tomorrow I'll do Firm It Up, then off Wednesday so will plan the rest of the weeks workouts then.

I am feeling better but still a little low on my energy & Sport has developed a need for me to entertain him when I am home & isn't happy unless I am doing what he wants...a typical man, LOL! ;-)

Robin- Glad to hear the visit w/ S&S was wonderful. What workout did you end up doing? Have you done Tracey's yet, wait I think you had done the sculpt one once & didn't really care for it...you didn't preorder the others, right? I plan on giving the cardio one another chance sometime but I am 99% sure it'll be once in a blue moon type workouts for me.

Michele- Sorry your DH's flight was messed up, that REALLY stinks & I feel for him. Hope he is able to get caught up on the work he didn't get done at the office during his long layover, what a pain in the *ss!! Happy early b-day...what day is it again, I need to go back & look, but you typically aren't around on the weekends which is when I think it is so HAPPY EARLY B-DAY now in case you miss my post this weekend!

Dana- I will say it again, I don't know how you do it- work & workout with 2 boys & a DH. You make me tired just thinking about it. Did you get the ketchup today?

Becky- Wow, 16, so what did she ask for? Cake... what kind of cake? I love cake...

Mariah- Congrats on the new stove & fridge, that is a great way to spend that money. Did you get a workout in today?

Diane- I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I believe it is either 03 or 04...that is sad I can't remember! It is a V8 & 4 wheel drive & I love it but it does eat up the gas! I live about 1 mile from my office though so that helps. I know it being a V8 makes it worse on gas mileage though. Good choice, great minds think alike! ;-) I can't wait until Wednesday- I'll even have to check the posts from work that afternoon to see! I will say a prayer for your DH, how wonderful would that be to have everything fall into place!!!

Okay, well I am starving...imagine! I think I'll do a BBQ LC pizza tonight, it has been almost a week since I've had one of them so it should taste even better tonight!

Hello to all you lurking haters...yeah, I see you out there! Corrie, where are you? Come in & say hello!!!

Hey Shelley!!! Glad you & Sophie made it home safe & sound from PA.

Wow, that is a really good picture of the two of you! You must post more for us. Robin, I really like your hair- it looks a lot different than the picture in your avatar picture. You look so young, two thumbs up for the two of you! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.