Hate Monday 5/7

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Good morning all. Today I'm hating that it is Monday and the weekend was so darn short.

Yesterday DH and I got to church early because we were responsible for setting up communion. The monthly Pot Luck dinner was scheduled for after church. Nothing was set up for the dinner and no one had seen the woman who signed up to run it for several weeks. Guess who set up the dinner. At least others volunteered to do clean up, since we wanted to get on the road for our redbud viewing trip. The weather was lovely, the redbuds were beautiful, but the restaurant I wanted to eat at was closed on Sunday. We ate at a 50's style dinner that everyone likes. I didn't manage to get up early enough for a workout. I hope I feel more motivated this week.

Dana, I didn't know your DH had a car that he raced. I thought you just went and watched. I'm glad he was OK, but sorry he wrecked his car. Will he be able to rebuild it? My DH wondered where he races.

Michele, will you be around this week? When do you leave for Italy? I think you have a special day coming up very fast!

Shelley, what's new? What was wierd about Friday night? I found myself not enjoying stopping in State College yesterday. All the girls were young, slim, cute and didn't have babies. I was feeling bad for both Emily and me, although she didn't seem bothered.

Jen, I'm glad you got your computer back in order. I'm such a computer doofuss. Fortunately, knock on wood, we haven't had any major issues with ours or our server.

Hi to deb, Diane (isn't your birthday soon too?), Mariah, August, Corrie and any other haters who I missed or are lurking.

Oh yeah, I guess I'll be doing whatever Cathe's May rotation week 2 Monday workout is. I think it's something lower body.

Morning Haters!

Robin - sorry you ended up having to fix everything at church with the Pot Luck. Did anyone have any idea what happened to the woman who was supposed to be doing it?

Not much new here. Chris got home yesterday morning from being away since Wednesday. We went and saw Spiderman 3. It was pretty good.

Friday night was weird because I went out with some friends I hadn't seen in a while, including an ex- who I wanted to impress;) Anyway, HE GOT FAT. He was practically drooling all over me and it was really kind of bizarre.

Okay, I must run but I'll check back in with y'all later for more personals.

Morning ladies! Robin, my DH has/had a 1970 Nova and we race at Numidia Dragway. He isn't sure if he can rebuild but he is just sick over it. He bought the car over 4 years ago and has put a lot of time and money into it only for it to be gone in the blink of an eye. The owner of the racetrack is a great guy and said he has a car he can use until he rebuilds or finds a different car. He said he is really sore today. Sorry about your potluck yesterday. Did anyone ever hear from the person who set it up?

Shelley - that is too funny about your x!!!! You are one hot mama so he should've been there drooling over you. The summer I was pregnant with Gannon I saw my x at an amusement park and I don't think he saw me but oh my did he get ugly. He was balding and he and his wife must've shared the same bottle of sun in b/c their hair color was just pathetic. His wife had summer teeth (some where here, some were there). I was thinking to myself, what was I thinking all those years ago?????

Michele - what date is your b-day?????????? I'm notorius for sending b-day cards nowhere near the birthday.

Hey to everyone else. BBL.

Good morning!

I sure appreciate Robin's post this morning because I'm so far behind and I don't really have time to catch up with old threads right now.

Sorry I haven't been around but I've been so darn busy. I took my SIL to the airport yesterday (there's a whole big story involving Nervous Nelly but I just can't get into it right now). I feel sort of bad for all the complaining I did -- it was actually a beautiful day for a drive and there wasn't much traffic at all, and it gave she and I a chance to talk.

When I got home from the airport I called my IL's to make sure they were okay, stopped at the grocery store, ate lunch, and decided to lay in bed and watch a little TV. I ended up falling asleep and slept for 5 hours:eek: I got up, fed kitty, made myself a little dinner, then went back to bed and slept until 7:30 this morning. I really needed the rest -- I've been feeling so wiped out lately.

I'm way behind on my workouts. I don't even remember the last time I worked out, but I'm going to jump back into Cathe's rotation today. I'll be calling my IL's later this morning and I'm planning to take dinner to them this evening.

Robin, I'm sorry the restaurant you wanted to go to was closed. It seems like most of my favorite restaurants are closed on Sundays. x(

And who's this woman that was supposed to set up the pot luck? Was she even at church? Does she have a reputation for offering to do stuff then not following through?

Your redbud drive sounds so lovely. It was a gorgeous day yesterday and I wasted the whole dang day by sleeping;(

I leave for Italy in 2 weeks, I hope;( . I'm not even close to being ready for that trip.

Shelley, so your old BF was fat -- ROTFLMAO!! That's so icky that he was drooling over you. I want to see Spiderman 3 in the worst way. I heart Spiderman.

Dana, OMG!! I would have a stroke if my DH raced cars. That must've been so scary!! I saw your puppy thread in the OD forum:) :+ :) :+ . Gannon and Gabe must be over the moon with excitement! He's a cute little guy. :+ Pet your pooch for me, kay?

I just saw your post -- I think my bday is tomorrow. I have a little confession to make...I've been eating cake every day}( :9. My grocery store started making these little cakes called Baby Cakes. They're just BIG cupcakes -- about the size of a large muffin -- and you can get them in chocolate or white with butter cream icing:) :9. They're the perfect size for one person and they make me really happy. I've had one almost every day for the past week:eek:

Hello to everyone else. I miss chatting with y'all. To be honest, I have an awful lot going on right now and I'm a little overwhelmed. There's so much to do and I still need to try to fit in a shopping day somewhere. I ordered a few things online but had to send all of it back:-(. anyway, I'll post when I can. Thanks for all the moral support -- I really need it :* :*

Hi Becky!! We must've posted at the same time.

Hi Fellow Haters!

I also hate Monday & hate that the weekends are only 2 days and the fastest days of the week!

Dana, my BIL races in off road races. He has had jeeps for years and once I got to go 4 wheeling up in the mountains (they live in Colorado) with their big jeep club and had a BLAST !! It was awesome what they do. They still do that but now he races a VW bug and is loving it. He's won 2 big races already. That is one EXPENSIVE hobby though.
I'm glad I knit. ha !

Today was ME Upper body premix & arm drills from CK ! That was a good workout.
I also need to mow the grass today (takes an hour pushing), and we are having my MIL over for dinner and then later babysitting our grandson. BUSY day!

Did everyone have a nice weekend??
Only 5 more days till the next one!!!

050208_10008324294.gif
:p

Michele - you THINK your birthday is tomorrow?:p And please send me a small cake with buttercream icing. Thanks:)

Dana - yeah, it was kind of funny but really made me feel gross. I'm really sorry about your DH wrecking his car! It must be awful for him after putting so much work into it.

Becky - whatcha makin' for dinner?

050208_10008324294.gif

Hi Michelle and Shelly!

I had bought shrimp and veggies to grill out but then we decided to invite my MIL over and she is allergic to shrimp, so that's NOT going to work at all! I guess we'll save the shrimp and do porkchops instead. I'll make a huge salad and and get some corn on the cob and we should be good to go !

My MIL lives alone and has Parkinson's disease. She just decided - to our GREAT relief to give up driving. She is turning 85 years old in July and has spells where she passes out and right now most of her face is bruised from her latest fall. So you can see, she was NOT in the position to be behind the wheel anymore !!
We've come to the conclusion that she needs to live with us. She has been very independent up to now so she won't agree easily, we've been taking it in steps.
Unfortunately our house isn't big enough and so we are facing having to move into a bigger house that will accomodate us all.
We found a house right here in our neighborhood that we have already looked at and it would work out very well. So tonight we are taking her to see it.
I have no idea what's going to happen but we'll see.
If we do it , it will be a BIG change for us all !
I will be her caregiver since I am home during the day and I know it will be stressful, but it's what she needs and my dh is an only child so this is ours to do.

Now that I've written a book and my whole life story (practically), I better go get some things done.
I keep thinking how much I have to get done today but I've been practically glued to this chair!!:eek:

{{{{{BECKY}}}}}

MY DH and I may be faced with a similar situation in the future. I think we still have a few years but we've been discussing it and, well, I guess you do what you have to do. I'll be praying for you. I agree that it will be hard, especially since YOU will be the primary caregiver and she's not your mother, not that you don't love her, but, do you know what I mean?

My DH has 3 siblings but they all live out of state, and 2 of them have children. My DH and I never had children and we live close by. The thing is my DH works about 14 hours a day so it's really up to ME to take care of his folks. It's not that I don't want to help them because I do, it's just that...well...it's hard to put into words but I'm definitely feeling the squeeze.;)

Your dinner sounds delish! Maybe I'll do something similar for my IL's tonight.

050208_10008324294.gif

Michele!!!
Thank you for the kind words and support.
I was actually thinking of you while I was writing that......we seem to be in similar places. Since I don't work, I'm the one being Taxi right now, since my MIL gave up driving. She needs to be taken to the grocery store, doctor , dentist, and several times a week she needs prescriptions picked up. She lives across town so it's a lot of driving right now.

I know exactly what you mean about it being hard to put into words.
My MIL is nice to me but since my DH and I married , which will be 25 years in July (!!!) she has talked behind my back to her friends, neighbors and worse of all , my KIDS, criticizing me and how I parent, keep house , etc..
When my kids grew up (I have 2 grown kids and a daughter in high school living at home, of course) , they told me some of the things she's said. So it's difficult. That's just how she is and I know this won't be easy.
But I think too now that she knows she needs to rely on someone else, she might hold her tongue more......?! I hope!!
Right now she seems to be appreciating whatever we do. It's not that I want credit or anything.....it's just it will be easier on both of us if we put the past behind us and just deal with how things are NOW!
I do feel sorry for her and am just doing what I would do for my own mom. But YES, it would be a LOT easier to do for my own mom !!
:p That's a fact !!

We'll just have to take this a day at a time.

Michele, yeah, I probably should have realized the place would be closed, but I thought we'd been there on a Sunday before. Guess not. Those baby cakes sound dangerous. It will be good when you go to Italy and only have pasta and cannoli to tempt you.

Shelley, LOL at your fat ex. Turk and I saw my high school ex at an art show a couple years after we got married. I hid behind an easel, because I didn't want to talk to him. He'd grown this little mustache (spelling?) and look like Hitler. Turk got a good laugh out of it.

The woman who skipped out on the potluck is a relatively new church member who gets real excited about stuff, then forgets to show up. In all honesty though, we had changed to pot luck from Mother's Day to yesterday, so she not have had the right date. LOL if she shows up next Sunday ready to do a pot luck dinner.

Becky, lots of hugs over the parent thing. We finally talked MIL into selling her house and moving here 2 summers ago. She is 90 and now lives in an independent living setting in a nursing home. My mother is still in her own home in VT, hours away from my sister and I. My sister has set up daily care givers to come in and do some housework and run her on errands. She wouldn't give up driving until the state took her driver's license away after driving down the wrong side of the highway too many times. There is no way I could ever (EVER) live with my mother, but fortunatly, my sister is taking the responsibility. Sometimes having a retarded son and grandson comes in handy.

Robin, I really like the idea of an assisted living arrangement. Becky, would this work for you? Maybe you can at least talk about it. I've hinted at this to my DH but we think his parents would resist leaving their own home, even to live with us. They have a beautiful place on a couple acres surrounded by trees. I wish the house were more accessible though. It has about a kazillion steps -- it's a 2 story with a basement. The washer and dryer are in the basement, and the bedrooms and full bath are on the second floor. There's also steps to get into the house from the outside as well as from the garage. We've asked them if they had any plans to remodel and so far they don't. ;( x(

Robin, how is your MIL doing? Is she happy? Does she like this arrangement? Is there anything she doesn't like about it?

Becky, I have to say, it would be pretty darn hard to extend so much help and kindness to someone who treated you poorly. It's so good and speaks well of you that you would set aside your differences in order to take care of her. That's HUGE and I hope your DH knows how lucky he is! I'm not sure I could do that. My IL's have been pretty good to me and I'm not aware that they've ever spoken ill of me to anyone.

Okay kiddo's, I need to get going. I'll try to come back later this evening. Hugs and kisses all around:* :*

Edited to correct many typos:eek:

Michele, my MIL likes her place and is glad she made the move. The only real problem is that there isn't much variety in her day. She doesn't take advantage of most of the activities and programs available, instead sitting in her room watching TV all day. Meals are her only social time. As a result, she gets bored, spends a lot of time napping and I think she is losing some of her mental sharpness. She is a lot more forgetful and gets upset more easily then she used too. Or maybe this is all due to her age and we are lucky she made the move when she did. Who knows. It's just a huge relief to know she is close and safe.

My MIL used to work in the dietary department at a retirement facility . She told us when we were first married and through the years that she was on a waiting list there and when one opened up & she needed it, that's where she would be going .
Well after my FIL died , she quit saying that and we finally asked her about it and she said she can't afford assisted living anymore! We suggested someone to come in, but she really is to a point that she shouldn't be alone anymore. She goes down the steps to the basement to shower each day, even though there is a tub upstairs.
She insists that's what she's always done and she'll continue to do it !! (can you say stubborn ???):*

Michele , about your kind words............we'll see how I am once she moves in ! :p It's one thing to talk about it, another to LIVE it !!
:eek:

Okay, I have to go wash the floors and finish cleaning up. Then get outside and cut the grass!

Hi ladies -

Well we had a big weekend. We got my new Jeep Grand Cherokee on Friday. It is awesome. We got such a good deal on it. DH's cousin gave me $2,300 more on my trade in than it is worth and gave us the car and warranty for just $100 above their cost. My monthly payments dropped by $110, so that will be helpful for once I am home and we have 1/2 the salary.

We also went furniture shopping again. We found a crib and dresser we liked on sale (will use the long dresser as a changing table) and they happened to have them in stock! It was Munire, which usually takes about 12 weeks to ship. We got them delivered yesterday and set them up, so the nursery is already started! It was so cool that Laney already has some furniture.

Also big news, DH saw Laney kick for the first time. I have seen it a few times, but DH always misses it. But he was able to see two strong pops where my stomach popped up. It was cool.

Also, I mentioned before the job that DH applied to last week. It would pay the same, but have much much better hours and lifestyle. The headhunter said he sent the resume out Friday late afternoon, and he got a call back Monday morning! They want to interview him later this week if possible. So sounds like they are interested. So please pray he gets this job, it would be so great for our family for him to have more time at home and be more relaxed.

Hiya!

I have some wonderful news! My friend Nancy called to tell me that they have upgraded her breast cancer from stage 3 to stage 2:) . I'm so happy and relieved for her. She goes to the oncologist Thursday and will find out then when they plan to start her chemotherapy. She developed a hematoma and is having a little pain from that, otherwise she is doing well and remains in very good spirits.

My MIL seems to be doing well, too. They didn't want me to come over today -- I think they appreciate having a little time to themselves -- but I'm taking dinner to them tomorrow. They sent me a bouquet of flowers today -- isn't that sweet!?

Diane, did you get the furniture you posted a picture of or something different? I'll keep your DH in my prayers and I hope that interview pans out. It would be wonderful if he could snag a less stressful job;)

I gotta go -- PHONEx(

Just a quick hello to everyone as I'm sure most are already away from the computer for the evening so won't do personals tonight. I was tired tonight from my hard weekend workouts so decided to do B&G floor glute work plus 2 sets of firewalkers, a 30 minute hip/thigh/butt workout I have, and 300 jumping jacks. Was planning a 30 minute cardio instead of the B&G work but didn't have it in me!

Becky- I will say a prayer for you & your family that everything works out good and isn't too stressful, that would have to be tough. Like Michelle said, if it was your own parent would be easier, still not easy though. My mom is an only child, her dad died when she was 12 & my grandma never remarried (they were 40 when they had my mom). So with my mom being an only child my grandma was like a 2nd mom to me, always around. When she got to the point she couldn't be on her own she was going through a stage of confusion & one family was trying to turn her against my mom (long story short but my grandma had money & this family was the guy who had farmed our farmland for like 20 years so he was trying to get her to put everything in his name). Needless to say it was a long few years & we ended up getting 24 hour care. Finally my grandma realized that all things being told her about my mom weren't true & was her "old" self again. My mom always was there for her & never turned her back on her but it was a hard few years for my mom & me, being the oldest daughter I was in the middle & upset at times at my grandma but knew that really wasn't her, just the age. My mom finally talked her into moving in with her & was planning on not going back to teaching the next school year & had things changed around the house for her & that is when she took a turn for the worst. I was holding her hand in the hospital when she took her last breath and she still had her wedding ring on. It was happy & very sad at the same time, she had waited 49 years to get to see her husband again & she was ready to go so I was happy for her but sad for me & my family, she was such a great person.

Okay, now that I wrote a book! Sorry about that. I'll be back tomorrow night, taking my off night a day early because of some work crap going on, ugh! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.