HATE June 3

purple_magada

Cathlete
Hey haters. Just starting the post this a.m. Where the heck is everyone????

Yesterday's workout was 2 walks totaling 6 miles.

Have a great day all! I'll try to BBL.

Good morning everybody!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/eatdrink059.gif

We're back! We're back from the MMGHH in the heart of the breaded pork tenderloin capitol of the world! We got home early last evening and then I spent the whole night nursing my poor darlin DH. You guys should see his foot!! It's all red and swollen and he can barely walk. We can't figure out what happened to it, but I had to put him to bed as soon as we got home and pump him full of Ibuprofen. I kept ice on his foot all night, too. It looked a little better this morning but he still limped out of here. I told him he better have it checked out!

Anyway, I felt so sorry for him that I didn't rip his head off for forgetting to pack my pillow in the car http://www.pic4ever.com/images/smashfreak.gif . He was supposed to load the car while I was sweeping the cottage. I put my pillow RIGHT BESIDE the suitcase, but he apparently didn't notice the huge white marshmallowy rectangle x( . I can't sleep without me pillow http://www.pic4ever.com/images/165fs373950.gif

And as if all that wasn't bad enough, Mr Johnny puked BIG TIME all over my bedroom this morning -- a big, orange, projectile bomb that is sure to leave a stain :-( . Johnny seems fine now -- I think he's just as happy to be home as I am -- LMAO! I really have to find a substitute for pumpkin puree.

You don't even want to know what we ate while visiting the breaded pork tenderloin capitol of the world, where the second most popular dish is broasted chicken and potatoes...and lets not forget the sausage gravy and biscuit breakfasts with a side of fried head cheese drowned in maple syrup. Yes, my DH ate THAT for breakfast. WTH is head cheese anyway!? I don't even want to know http://www.pic4ever.com/images/184.gif . I stuck with scrambled eggs and toast.

I guess I better read the weekend thread. I have no clue what y'all've been up to. I'll BBL, after I've done laundry and paid my bills, etc! :*

Howdy, Haters -

Dana - don't you just love walking? I want to incorporate it into my workouts more, too.

Cuz - According to Wikipedia, head cheese is....

Head cheese (AmE) or brawn (BrE) is in fact not a cheese, but rather a terrine of meat from the head of a calf or pig (sometimes a sheep or cow). It may also include meat from the feet and heart. It is usually eaten cold or at room temperature as a luncheon meat. It is sometimes also known as souse meat, particularly if pickled with vinegar.

Historically the cleaned (all organs removed) head was simmered to produce a gelatin (formed from the collagen in the bone) containing any incidental meat which came off the head. The more modern method involves adding gelatin to meat, which is then cooked in a mould.

Sounds positively hideous, doesn't it? You truly were back in the far corner of the world if they still eat that stuff.... :p But hey, at least your annual visit to the MMGHH is DONE. Now you can enjoy the summer. Whew. Well, you'll be able to enjoy it once you get your pillow back....

Okay, Haters, get this. I was supposed to do cardio last night, but I did not. I replaced it with GS CT. Yep. Why, you might ask? Me??? Skip cardio??? Well, I really had no choice. I messed up my calf a bit this weekend because I did every single plyo move in Imax 1. So now I'm paying for it. It's not bad, but I'm trying to be a good girl and "listen to my body," as we're fond of saying around here.

Back to work. I'm still working on updating a 409-page manual. Oh yeah, it's great fun. :p

Oh YUCK!!!! I'm never going to kiss my DH again! -- LMAO!!!

Oh yea, Cuz, we were in the heart of Amish country, about as far back in a corner as you can get. ;)

OMG I hope your leg heals before you get your Cardio Coach workout! You ordered it, right? At least I thought I saw where you ordered it. I ordered the CD for myself even though Sean gave me the download. I just like having the CD in case something happens to my iTunes library. You remember the legendary incident when DH lost my music library? It's a darn good thing he's cute, that's all I have to say -- LMAO!!!!!

Hows the weather in Arkansas? It's so muggy here right now! I will say this -- the weather at the lake was gorgeous all weekend. Sunny and cool and breezy. We were so bummed that the boat wasn't ready. DH's parents have a boat they keep stored during the winter but it won't be ready until next week -- BOO HOO!

Okay, I really do have to go now. I have sooooo much to do today. ;(

Cuz - of course I ordered CC8!!! I started typing so fast when I saw the OD post that it was available I just about dislocated my fingers. :p The weather here is typical. Hot and humid. Summer has arrived! We had a whopper of a thunderstorm Sunday which knocked the power out for about four hours, but we sure did need the rain! I'm glad the weather, at least, was nice at the MMGHH, so you could get outside and way from the mold and mildew!!

Michele, so you're saying that your DH left your pillow at the MMGHH??? If so, that is his evil plot to get you back there! HA! Do you think that something may have bitten your DH? I hope he feels better soon!!!

Shannon - thanks for posting what head cheese is as I'm having my morning snack of cottage cheese & fruit, I about puked!!!! Thanks again. :p Weren't you having problems w/your calf before? Yep, I love walking. I actually could've kept on walking last night but I knew I had better turn back b/c it was already after 8:00pm.

I have a friend (haven't seen her in years) and back in the day befored kids and husbands, her and I would walk at least 5 days a week, 6-10 miles per walk. Too bad she moved away - the time would fly when we were walking. I miss her.

Well, back to work.

Dana - Oops. Sorry!!! }( Yes, I tore my calf last fall, and it took forever to heal. I think it's not fully strengthened yet, so all that plyo in Imax 1 bothered it a bit.

When I was in high school, I'd take off on weekends and be gone all day. We live out in the country, and back then, NOBODY lived near us. There were acres and acres of forest and fields to roam around on, because the farmers who owned it didn't care if we trespassed. I miss those walks. Too many people have moved in now, and I have to stay on the road.

Okay, I think I threw up reading what Michele's DH ate!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am worn out... I can't believe it is only Tuesday! I did 4DSKB last night, actually did as is with the legs & abs, normally I'll do the cardio & some other lighter weight/more rep leg w/o. Tonight was KPC/L&G premix & then 20 min butt/thigh/hip floor work. Tomorrow will either be Tone It Up or Shape It Up & probably the other on Friday. Thurs getting my hair done so will be my rest day.

Chad gets home late tomorrow night, I think he thinks he is coming here but I think I'll be snoozing by then... I'll break it to him tomorrow when they are driving back from St. Louis! He said they are both ready to come home & 2 days shorter would've been perfect.

Our weather here is high 80's/low 90's with SO MUCH HUMIDITY!!! It is GROSS outside! We've had bad storms all last night & this morning & it is starting up again now. I even made a trip to Chad's house at 7AM this morning to ensure he had power b/c the news said places were without power so I would've worried all day about it.

Okay...well off to get something to eat, probably oatmeal & egg beaters! :9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.