HATE - Jan 9

August

Cathlete
Morning!

I got some good sleep (tonight you'll sleep like a charm, Michele!), but woke at 6am with a slightly funky throat, so I got up and had some of those herbs I told you about a while ago...and woke up again at 8am feeling dandy!

So I've just eaten and will do my Gym BSB.

Michele - I would definitely consider the work on your workroom a workout. In fact, yes, call it weights AND cardio. Wow, 8 bags of trash! I love to throw stuff, so that sounds like a dream! Anyway, congrats on working so hard on it! LOL that you got the Jari DVDs. I look forward to hearing what you think of them. But more than that, I want to know what you got as a free gift, you loyal shopper, you! What on earth could it be?!

Diane - That's great that you did some exercise, and good for your for keeping up your ETL! Are you eliminating all your dairy, too? It would be hard to take out my yogurt and cottage cheese since that's what I eat in the morning (with lots of fruit).

Dana - Pink eye? Sounds cool! Does the eye get pink? But that's no fun for Gannon. I hope he feels better soon. The DOMS are from Gym Style Legs on Wednesday and then doing step on Saturday. But I also had DOMS in my upper body from the other Gym Style workouts. I can totally see what you mean about being out of commission for a week! I'm finally ready to start up the Gym Style again though. Heh. Just in time! You got a bread maker? Ohhh, that is so nice to wake up to the smell of fresh bread!!

Robin - Wait, you did both upper Gym Style workouts in ONE day?! I did not catch that. You nut!! LMAO about the 900 ml bladder!

I actually wrote that this morning and on my way to work realized I hadn't posted it!

What, I'm back from work and nobody's up yet?!

:7

ETA : I'm just now rereading my post and man, I used a lot of !! and ?! marks, didn't I. I must have been excited.

Oh, I forgot to tell you. I've gone on to the second week of Gym Style and on to the second level of pain. Last week was DOMS city. This week, well, it's only been one day, but this week seems to be barfy-feelings. No actual barf involved, but about half an hour after I finished working out, and after I left my apartment for about an hour, all that ran through my head was...vomit bag.

LOL.

"ugghhhhh......vomit bag."

It was funny for me to repeat that to myself. I think my thinking it funny helped me from it actually coming true. :eek: But I have no eye twitching, so I think it must be just a fluke.

Hey, that rhymes with puke.

Sorry. I'm tired and kind of bored.

You're right! Just what I was thinking. I'm off to play in my Nintendo village now.

Good morning August and all!!

August, oh no! Puke...that's so...pukey. Oh, there's just nothing worse than feeling that way. Tell me again about the herbs. I remember you saying something about a special herb mix a long time ago but I can't remember what they are now. Do you put them in tea? I definitely think you should rest and play with your Nintendo village today:). Are you still following the gut busters rotation? Maybe that's what I'll do...the half-assed version, of course. :p

Diane, good for you! You're doing so well on the diet. I agree with everyone else--you'll be back in fighting form in no time. Just do what you can everyday and don't worry about it.

Dana, we've had a bread machine for years...like 14 or 15 years. We don't use it much anymore but we probably baked at least 2 loaves of bread a week for the first couple of years that we had it. My grocery store has a fantastic bakery and it's just to easy to buy a fresh loaf from them if I want one. I should probably dig that thing out and see if it still works. We haven't used it in about 2 years :eek: . They are nice though, and I think you'll really enjoy it. You'll have to tell us about all the yummy bread recipes you come up with:) .

Robin, I guess I didn't realize that you did TWO GS workouts in one day either:eek: . What, are you crazy!? I've never done even 1 full GS workout in a days time much less 2 of them. I only do premixes and that's always been enough for me. So, can you move your upper today--LMAO! --Have you heard Greyor's cooing yet? And why were you working those nutty hours last night? Are you off today? How's your bladder? Did they find anything after the test?

Kate, are you feeling better today? Sometimes those viruses hang on for a couple of weeks. I hope that's not the case for you. Maybe you can get some magic herbs.

It was a chip and dip set--LMAO!! My grocery store gave me a chip and dip set along with 2 coupons for a free cheese spread that are good until the end of March. It's kind of pretty -- it's made of a clear material that looks like crystal but it's plastic--LMAO! I was actually thinking that it would make a really nice veggie and dip set, too, or a pita and hummus set. I'm sure I'll be able to use it sometime. It was nice of them to give me a freebie, but what it really signifies is that I'm spending way too much money in that store :eek: . I've gotten to be friends with a few of the employees and they told me that only the top 1% of shoppers got the gift. That's pretty sad considering that DH and I aren't shopping for a house full of kids:eek:.

I made a HUGE pot of minestrone last night. I spent a lot of time on it, cleaning and chopping vegetables -- carrots, onion, garlic, celery, zucchini, tomatoes, cauliflower, green beans, and spinach. Instead of pasta I used...you guessed it...barley! I only mention all the vegetables so you'll have some idea how long it took to prep them --a long time. To make a long story short, I forgot to put the soup in the fridge last night. All that lovely soup and now I have to throw it away;( :-( x( .

Well, I'm off to do the workout that I didn't do yesterday. I was out shopping and running errands all day, then I made soup and watched West Side Story. By then it was too late to do a workout but I have Jari Love S&L in my portable DVD player just waiting for me so I better get going :*

Hiya, Michele,

I'm taking a break from my Nintendo village. :)

Those herbs are a Chinese herbal remedy called Kakkonto. It's a packet of quite gross tasting powder that you drink down on an empty stomach with water. It tastes vile. But it sure does the trick if you drink it just at the right time.

Yeah, I'm doing Deb's Tummy Blaster Rotation for Half-Asses. Only half and it's making me ill! LMAO.

> All that lovely soup and now I have to throw it away

Hey, I think you might be able to get another freebie soon. :7

A chip and dip set! Haha! Well, congratulations on being in the top 1%! That's pretty incredible, and quite an accomplishment! LOL.

Your minestrone sounds super yummy.

I am so jealous of everyone that got good sleep last night. For some reason DH and I have been bouncing off the walls until late in the night. I will try to go to bed but not be sleepy at all. And this is after a couple hours of relaxing and reading with no TV. I think that our new diet gives us energy at the wrong time of day!!

No workout this morning, because as I said above, I barely got any sleep last night. It is weird that both DH and I are going through this, since he never has sleeping problems. It must be the food.

Hi ladies.

Oh Michele that stinks about the soup spoiling. I did that last year when I made chicken noodle soup. Which Jari DVD's did you get? I have Slim & Lean and that gave me some pretty good DOMS. I haven't tried any of her other ones.

August - do you think that, perhaps, you feel pukey from that herbal drink you drank? You said it tastes disgusting. You asked about Gannon's pink eye? It was gross. His eyes had green goop coming out of them and after he would wake up in the am they would be pasted shut and all crusty. Holding a warm wash cloth over the eye helped loosen the goop. Both of his eyes looked like he had been swimming in a pool of chlorine that is how red they were. He is taking an oral antibiotic now (rather then the eye ointment) and it looks better and he seems to be feeling better.

Diane - what are the changes in foods that you and DH have been consuming? That is weird that both of you couldn't sleep.

Robin - do you have any good bread machine recipes? You are the baking guru so I'm sure that you do.

Kate - hope you are feeling better today.

Last night's workout was StepBlast (minus the challenge) and abs from SPJ. Not sure what I'll do tonight. It'll depend on what I'm in the mood for come 7:00pm.

Hi to JanJan & Deb.

Have a great day ladies!

L:)

Thank you everyone, I am back and worse than ever. I even did all of Butts and Guts today. That one really kicks my ass (or arse as they say over there). I know I have to do other muscle workouts along with it but I really love this one. I mean I really dread most of it. Tomorrow I am going to do a circuit sans the lower body. But Cathe says we are going to get so fit after doing it over and over and over and over

I am so glad school is back in session. I love the summer weather but I cannot take the fighting. It is no wonder my mother was on tranquilizers. My father was in pharmaceutical sales and back then, they were easy to get. I am so envious. I remember her sitting on the sofa staring at the laundry on the line. Ah......sounds so good/

I am really late today. Mega errands. Must go.

Tomorrow!

Chips and dip, puke and fluke. You guys crack me up.

Yes, I did two GS workouts in one day. I hope never to repeat that feat. Today I just did GS C&T and it was much easier. My doctor called yesterday all concerned about my enlarged bladder. I assured him it was a result of my obsessive compulsion to follow instructions and that my bladder isn't always that full.

Kate, I'm glad you are feeling better and back to your beloved B&G.

Dana, as soon as I get some time (maybe over the weekend) I'll try to email you some of my favorite bread machine recipes. I have one that calls for whatever cooked grains you have on hand. Bet you could use barley! Emily and I were at Geisinger today and I thought of you. Greyor had an appointment with physical therapy. He did pretty well, mostly because he was mad.

Michele, I love West Side Story. It's been a long time since I've watched it. Someday soon, maybe. That's funny that you are such a good customer of the grocery store.

Diane, I sure hope you and your DH get the sleep issue solved soon. I hate not getting a good night's sleep.

Hi to anyone else out there in cyber-hate-land. See you tomarrow.

It's late and I STILL have not done my workout but I will, I swear. I'm going to do it RIGHT NOW...I promise...really...no joke.

Poor Gannon! I'm at the tail end of an eye infection right now and it hasn't been fun. I didn't have pink eye but I did have plenty of eye goo and itching and waking up, unable to open my eye because it was sealed shut with dried goo. That antibiotic should clear it up fairly quickly.

Kate, you're too funny. I'm glad you were able to do your beloved B&G. I'll be able to sleep tonight now that I have this knowledge.

Robin, I hadn't seen West Side Story in YEARS. In fact, I couldn't remember the story very well. I missed the first half of it so I'm probably going to have to rent it. I love the music in that one (there's really only a handful of musicals that I like--one being Oklahoma ;) ). Maybe you can come over and watch it with me and I will serve chips and dip in my new bowl:7

August, I hope you slept well. Are you still feeling pukey? I think Dana made a good point--it was probably those vial tasting herbs that made you nauseous--lol!

Okay, I have a date with Jari:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.