HATE - Jan 6

August

Cathlete
Moornin!

I woke up to silly Mooch trying to dig in my comforter. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/love054.gif He'd hop a little and do a little bunny dig with his front paws, then he'd hop a tiny to the left and dig some more. He's just the cutest thing and it just made me laugh. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/love060.gif

Today is Better Burn Better Buns to be followed by Better Smoothie and possibly Better Get Some More Cheese & Whole Grain Crackers.

I have very mild DOMS in my upper body, and though Michele doesn't, I LOVE them! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/love063.gif

MICHELE - Eeg, the cold symptoms are back? Those buggers are persistent, aren't they! I hope your workout got you to sweat them out of your system.

>We've been thinking about getting an iMac. They came out with a new OS called Leopard, and I've been reading some pretty bad reviews on it.

I have the Mac OS X version 10.4.10 laptop and I bought it just before my Oregon trip, what, a year and a half ago? Man, can you believe it's been that long already? I've used Mac since I was a little girl (my dad always used Mac), so I wouldn't have it any other way. I've never had any other kind of computer, and will probably always buy Mac.

That being said, I had lots of trouble with this model. There was a battery recall (the battery would heat up and possibly cause a fire - nice), and there was also a problem with the actual computer where it would just suddenly decide to turn off on its own (lovely). I had to send in my computer A FEW TIMES urgh, so they could fix it - free of charge, of course, but a pain in the butt nevertheless.

I don't keep my eyes open for other reviews about computers and don't know if these kinds of problems that you are reading about the Leopard are standard complaints for computers in general........

But before my current Mac, I never never had any trouble and had always been very happy with my Mac.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

But you should get one. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy119.gif

>I was getting ready to work out. I went to my workout room to look at my schedule and lo and behold!, it was a rest day! ...It was like a gift from heaven

Oh, Michele, that is so awesome. That must have felt like being in bed having to wake up to go to icky school and then your mom comes to tell you it snowed and school is closed.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy093.gif

>I think this is the year when I will get a new blender and start making fun smoothies!

Please do - I know you'd come up with some really delicious ones and I need some more ideas!

>Oops...uh oh! So did the dirt come out of the carpet?

I scrubbed the carpet for an hour, I'm not kidding. Unfortunately The Ghost of Filters Past has left his evil mark. I don't know what I was thinking to put the thing directly down onto the carpet.

Well, at least Mom's heater will work more efficiently. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/merv/groucho.gif

JENNIFER -

>Picking up the tab was part of her Christmas gift but I covered a co-worker's beer too on top of my own.

Woo! That means you've got some freebies coming your way some time in the future!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy098.gif

Hope you had a nice rest day and a good time at Church.

JEN - How cool is that that your two cousins would by chance go to the same restaurant at the same time? I've never lived close to relatives like that, but it sure does sound fun.

Anyway, it sounds like you're all the way better. I'm so glad. What an ordeal you went through.

>Apples, eh? I saw on a show the other day a good idea for a snack or quick b-fast- get a whole wheat wrap, spread some PB on it, cut up apples slices on top, roll and eat...sounds easy enough for us non-cookers!

That sounds so good and so perfect for us LOL. Unfortunately, I can't find whole wheat wraps in Japan. I LOVE whole wheat wraps, but nada.

That reminds me when I told Mom someone else had sent another box of apples, she said, "Well, an apple a day keeps diseases away." LOL. Close enough.

>I'm going to get a new laptop soon & not sure what I want to get either...

Mac. Get a Mac. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy121.gif

MICHELE!!!

>I got a brand.new.MacBook Pro

This is great!! GREAT!! This is the model (the older version of it) I had before my current laptop, and it is FANTASTIC!! I totally agree with your DH for getting the laptop, even though they are much more pricey. If you also get AirMac, you can bring your computer ANYWHERE in your house and use internet. It's really fabulous and I highly recommend it.

Anyway, YAY and welcome to the world of Mac!!

Okay, I'm off to do something with BUNS.

Later! :D

OMG -- It's after 3 AM and I'm still up messing around with this computer -- LMAO! :p ;(

August, which MacBook do you have?

What internet browser do you use? Safari was already on my laptop but I've always used Mozilla. The different browser will take some getting used too.

I will also have to get used to a laptop in general. I'm so accustomed to using a mouse and that tracker doodad is annoying me -- lol!

And another thing -- the websites I frequent all look different. I don't think I can check out the VF forums anymore because they look totally different and the site is really hard to read.

And the little smilie doodads look really tiny. They're pretty big on my PC.

I signed up for a workshop so I can learn all about Macs and the new OS, and they're supposed to transfer all the data from our PC to our laptop. The only problem is, I have to wait until mid January before they have an opening! Grrrrrrr...I want to learn NOW!

Oh, and we haven't been able to send email. We can receive it, but it won't let us send anything x( . It's just crazy!

I'm sure I'll grow to love it in time. It's just going to take some getting used to. And I'm not the least bit computer literate, but I have figured out how to do a few things.

Sorry for the totally self absorbed post.

Augie -- are you working?

I'm going to bed now but I'll see y'all later today :*

Hello August and Michele and Other Haters.

How are you all doing?
Today is clean my house day, change the cat litter with the boys (always a family thing), and hopefully workout.

MACs are good pcs and laptops. My parents that can afford to buy most anything they want, have Apples.

Well, it's about 8AM but I'm ready to go back to bed for awhile.
Hope you all have a Great Day today!

MICHELE - Are you STILL awake?! I just got home from having dinner with Mom.

I have the Mac OS X version 10.4.10 laptop. I bought a smaller screen from what I was using last time, thinking it would be easier to carry around, but even this small one is totally too heavy and I only lug it when I really, really want to. x(

But I totally use it all over my apartment, even though I live in a small place. Right now I'm at my sofa, but sometimes I use it in bed, or on my floor, and I'll use it in my work room. Sometimes I'll even take it down to Mom's where I can pick up on someone else's internet service. Laptops are the only way to go.

Actually, you know, come to think of it, when I updated my previous PowerBook years ago , I did first get an iMac! And then a few days later, I realized I'd have to sit exactly where I put it LOL, so I decided to do away with it and got a laptop. LOL. I'd forgotten about that.

>What internet browser do you use? Safari was already on my laptop but I've always used Mozilla. The different browser will take some getting used too.

I've always used Safari, so I don't know anything else. But sometimes I'll check the forums when the hotel has free internet in the lobby, and it's totally confusing!

>I'm so accustomed to using a mouse and that tracker doodad is annoying me -- lol!

A lot of people buy a mouse -- in fact, there are wireless ones now that are pretty good. You could look into something like that!

ETA : There's one that's specifically made to go with the Mac Laptop and looks all fancy schmancy, but it's pretty expensive (at least in Japan it is), and not worth it in my opinion. I got one by a no-name company for verrrry cheap and it works totally fine (though I don't use it ever LMAO).

>And the little smilie doodads look really tiny. They're pretty big on my PC.

Really? LOL!

>I signed up for a workshop so I can learn all about Macs and the new OS,

Ooh, that's very good news for me. :)

Anyway, I'm so excited for you and your new computer! Congratulations! Hey, does it have an iCam?

>Augie -- are you working?

Yup! It's been a while since I had work to do at home. I've got to say, it's nice to be reminded how much I love what I do!

JENNIFER - Hi there! Cleaning house?

>change the cat litter with the boys (always a family thing)

Haha, I know what you mean. Whenever I change the litter (which is at least once a week -- that reminds me the new litter was no different from the one I always use) the kittens come to watch. And everyone always wants to be the first to use it. :D

Are PCs that much less expensive than Apples? I had no idea since I've only used Macs and never thought to try anything different because I don't need that kind of stress in my life LOL. I already get enough trying to figure out the Mac LOL.

I've seen some really, really lightweight PCs and wished Mac would figure that out and make it. It would be so nice to be able to take my computer on the road without having to break my back.

Mooch and Cham are wrestling and running around like nutsos. It's a riot. I've finished work for the night and it's 11pm and I'm WIDE awake.

So.........hmm. What should I do now? LOL. Maybe I'll wash my face. :*

I'm eating an apple. Actually, only half, since each apple is is the size of a grapefruit.

G'mornin'

I...I feel like crying. I don't think I like this computer. I just can't get it to look right to me. I can't see the screen, even though it's supposed to be the best there is. Everything looks teeny tiny, and when I try to resize it it looks all out of proportion. And I can't see it with my glasses. I have progressive lenses -- distance vision is at the top of my lenses, and near vision is at the bottom. I can't get the computer the right distance from my eyes to be able to see it. Some of my favorite websites I can't read at all. It's just so different from what I'm used to. And nothing looks crisp and sharp -- it's all kind of fuzzy looking. I just want to cry. :-(

I wish I could move up my appointment for the worksop -- maybe they can help me reconfigure the darn thing.

I'm very tired. Maybe my outlook will improve after a good nap. sorry to be such a downer.

OH MICHELE! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/hug005.gif

I was going to try to go to bed but decided to come here one last time...

I wish I were there, only I wouldn't know how to fix it either!

But trust me, the screen will be very crisp and bright and whatever size you want to make it, so don't give up on it! It's an incredible computer, you just need to let it get figured out! Obviously, it wouldn't be such an incredibly popular computer if it sucked!

Could you call the store to have a brief set-up, at least to get the screen size and stuff the way you'd like it?

ETA : I know how frustrating that is. Any computer crap is totally frustrating!! Damn computers!!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/hug008.gif

PC troubles are a big pain, I've been there and done that. No more refurnished towers for me, I went brand new after my pc died after a year and a half.
Macs are different than HPs but are worth it. Give yourself some patience and time. When my family members are in the hospital, they use a Mac Laptop. At Mayo, I messed around with it and had fun.

Good evening haters! I've had a busy & productive day.

Workout- Drill Max (all) & then blasts from Kick Max
I also had the Jeep washed, went to the store, did laundry, dust, vacuumed, mopped the floors, cleaned the bathrooms, ceiling fans, and I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting!

Chad is coming over in a bit, think we are just hanging out here tonight doing nothing really. He's had the boys all weekend & I'm exhausted from today so vegging sounds good! I'm also not looking forward to my first full week back in the office. ;( x( :-( ;(

August- Mooch's digging sounds so cute! :) How do you like better burn/better buns, I think I had thought about getting that at one point but never did. I have WAY TOO MANY as it is anyway! I have baskets from target on the shelves in the entertainment center downstairs & I have 4 of the filled with workouts! :eek:
Yeah, it was really nice to run into them. Jennifer (yes our name is the same & even middle initial both start with E)lives about 15 miles south of where I grew up (about an hour from here) & Phil lives here in town, his parents actually live about 2 roads over from me. My dad is his uncle but he is young, almost 40, Jen is 1 year older than I. They had called me last week wanting me to go out but that is when I was sick. :-(

Michele- How is the computer coming along? Hopefully better?!?!? :*

Jennifer- Did you get the house cleaned? Did you not sleep well last night? I see you were heading back to bed at 8, heck I didn't get up until about 8 today, LOL! ;-)

Okay, well I may BBL depending on when Chad gets here, I'm thinking it'll be close to 8 so may have time to stop back if anyone is around.

Hiya ~~

My little hissy fit is over now. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ashamed002.gif

August, Jen, and Jennifer -- thanks for being so sweet in the face of my mini meltdown. I literally cried all day over this stupid computer, and that, coupled with a lack of sleep, gave me one hell of a migraine headache http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sad006.gif

We went back to the Apple store this afternoon and they let us trade in the high definition laptop for one with a lower resolution. They even waved the 10% restocking fee because they felt partly responsible for steering us towards a computer that was really designed for professionals and people who do a lot of work with photos and movies. I have 14 days to return this one if I decide I don't like it. The jury's still out, but it is easier to see than the last one. I know this computer can do a lot of stuff, but there are things I could do with my PC that I haven't been able to do on this one -- or if I can I haven't figured out how.

Please excuse me for not doing personals. I'm so tired and I'm feeling a strong magnetic pull towards my bed -- lol! I'll try to be a little less self absorbed tomorrow. G'night all and have a good day, Augie :* :* :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.