HATE - Jan 5

August

Cathlete
Hello!

I'm making my smoothie as I write. If you can imagine this, it was difficult for me to wash and cut my freakin greens. I did Gym Style Chest and Tris this morning, and it is very, very clear that I have not been lifting much the last two months on my TLT rotation. I am a completely wasted burned up piece of toast! I'm talkin' crust that falls away and crumbles at the slightest touch! I got up this morning and tip-toed around (being that that position is more comfortable on my calves) and was cursing myself doing those dang pushups, on my knees, and having to rest waaaay more than I used to.

Kate, I think we need another pushup challenge. NOT. SO NOT.

Anyway, I was so totally finished by the end of GYM C&T, I went directly to Smoothie and didn't collect my CTX Step and Intervals. So I guess today I did the Quarter-ass rotation. Or would that be the Three quarters one?

My chest is spasm-ing while I type, oh my gawd. LMAO.

Deb - Who is Christi? Who is Christi?! And you call yourself a fake Cardio Hater who is a Cardio Lover cardio lover?! LOL. Christi is my Savior. She totally turned my life of cardio around. Totally. She does hi-lo and step, but she's got this awesome street-smart feel, and for me, doing her workouts is more like learning a totally fun street dance routine (and I don't like to dance either) rather than doing a workout. You MUST try her out.

http://www.taylordfitness.com/

You can also see lots of her workouts at Collage.

Diane - Hey there, glad to see you! Keep up the good eating!

Robin - LMAO about your having over three times the normal liquid content in your bladder. Goodness, but that must have been quite the satisfying pee afterwards LOL. I hope the result will bring some good news. You don't have S&H? You MUST get it. I haven't tried Leaner Legs yet either but I do have it (at least I don't think I've tried it yet?). That's great to hear that Greyor is doing so well. Ach, cooing. Maybe he just doesn't want to yet, eh? Cooing is over-rated.

On that note, I'm off to the shower. I hope I can manage to wash myself.

Hi to you others :* :* :*

August- I will check this Christi chick out-I love to dance so maybe I would like her workouts-and I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has workouts that they havn't tried yet-LOL--deb

Hey, Deb,

If you love to dance, you are going to absolutely flip over Christi.

FLIP!

I totally flipped! And am still flipping!

I've got all her DVDs but I've only done about half of them, so it's hard to recommend which one to start with....most people recommend the Fantastic Four (it has 2 hi-lo and 2 step), but right now Cardio Collectibles is coming to mind to recommend.

TOTALLY fun.

Good to see your still on-thought I'd check our thread out one more time before I go off to bed- I'm usually not up this late--ga night--deb

So OK, I was here (on Jan 4) and typed up this big long post and where is it!?!? It was good, and funny, too. I had some priceless remarks about poor August's legs. Ah well, it's almost 2 AM so I can't recreate it now. Anyway, poor dear August, I hope that hot shower helps to alleviate your nearly full body DOMS:*

Robin, Miss Olympic bladder, I agree with August that cooing is highly overrated. Personally, I think crying and fussing is an excellent form of communication. It always works for me--LMAO! Seriously though, I'm really happy about how well Greyor is doing and remember him in my prayers daily.

Deb, you NEVER heard of Christi:eek:. That's almost sacrilege in this thread. Oh hey, I have TONS of workouts that are still in their wrappers :eek:

Diane, Kate, Jana, Dana--I hope you're feisty as all get out!

I'll try to be around more tomo--er--today.

I'm practically done with my workout room:D. There's still too much crap in there but I have NO place else to put it and I've thrown out everything I don't need or want, about 8 trash bags full:eek:. I LOVE my DB and plate racks, and I found the perfect stand for my TV - one that won't take up too much room! I ordered this one:
http://www.racksandstands.com/Peerless-PM527-PE0037.html

I forgot to tell you - I bought a Yoga kit :eek: (I'm drawn to this smilie tonight for some reason). I was at Target one day and they had these kits with a yoga mat, a strap, a block, and a Rodney Yee DVD with AM Yoga. I also bought the PM Yoga with Patricia Walden. I've done each of them at least once. I'm not sure what I think about yoga just yet. It's OK...I liked it well enough.

Oh geez, I have to go to bed NOW. G'night:*

Awww, you guys were here all late and stuff! Nice! :p

I'm off to work now. First time in like a week I've actually put on clothing. :D

WAAAAAAAAAAA, where's your post, Michele? I want to read it! WaaaaAAAA! Find it! Find it! Find it!

See Robin? Michele's right. Crying and fussing gets you much farther than silly cooing.

Love the rack, Michele, though I might be terrified of it toppling over!

That sounds rather raunchy if you don't know we're talkin' plate racks. :eek:

Yo...YOGA KIT?! :7 :7 That's great! I haven't done yoga for like three weeks. ;(

Uh oh, I'm getting late. I'm off SLOWLY.

LOL. Ow.

Usually all that Greyor's crying gets him is my little finger in his mouth to suck on, but if that makes you all happy, here it is. Oops, wrong finger.

August, I expect to have those post Gym Style DOMS this evening. It's been a long time since I've really (really) lifted.

LOL and OT. I have the news on and they are talking about the Farm Show in Harrisburg, which is like a big indoor fair held every Jan. They have a huge, life size sculpture of the Libery Bell and Ben Franklin made out of BUTTER. Maybe they should make something out of barley.

Gotta go - late for work.

Hi chickies!

Michele - I love that stand - so retro looking! I bet your room looks great. You'll have to post pics if you can.

Robin - ya know, I worked 5 minutes from the Farm Show complex for about 5 years and I never went to it. I really had no interest. What do you think they do w/all that butter after the show is over? How is Greyor doing? He is about 2 months now right?

August - guess what is in my purse right now? The Game Boy!!! It is raining pretty bad and I'm going to make every attempt to get out for a walk, BUT if I don't, I'm playing the GB during my lunch.

Deb - can't figure you out. You claim to be a hater but you really love cardio but you don't know who Christi is????? Hmmmmmm. Who are you??? HA!!!!!

I'm so disgusted. I still haven't gotten my real workouts in (only the daily walkds). DH has been working about an hour and 45 minutes from home so he isn't getting home from work until after 8:00pm and by then it is too late to work out. I can't take the boys down the basement w/me when I workout b/c who knows what they will get into.

Just saying hi to all! Will BBL.

Dana- seriously-I've done Kathy Smith, Gin Miller, a liitle firm and I hated Cory Everson, bill-tae bo (a little) (sp?) but when I found cathe I stopped looking--deb

oop- meant to write billy blanks-tae bo

Deb, Christie is worth looking into if you like cardio and want something new. I like most of her workouts, but I've found as I get fitter with Cathe, Christie isn't as much of a workout as she used to be.

Dana, we love the farm show. I grew up about 30 min away from Harrisburg and wasn't interested then either, but for the last few years, we've made a real effort to get there. We especially like the PA food court. They have booths set up selling all kinds of PA food, like PA potatoes, PA fish sandwiches, PA maple sundaes, PA apple cider etc etc. Yum. I think the butter goes to some kind of charity when it's all done. Unfortunately, my work schedule won't allow us to get down this year. Maybe next year. I bet the boys would like the animals.

I think I can no longer do any cardio. I started this morning and I felt like screaming. Yesterday I did B&G and today Slow and Heavy with upper and abs.

What is a girl to do? I guess I could be depressed but that would just mean I would have to making chocolate chip cookie dough and eat all of it and then I would have a reason to be depressed. Nope, depression is out

What if I can no longer take another step or punch!!!

Poor Kate!

I had a change of plans. There was a blood mobile nearby and since I was due, I stopped in. That means no workout today. This is why I hate trying to follow a rotation. I don't have half of the workouts and life keeps getting in the way. Ah well, I guess I should be glad I have a life. So tomarrow will be today's workout, Sunday will be Saturday's, and today will have to be Sunday's rest. Sigh.

Robin, I ate the %*&% cookies for you (in reference to your post in the <--- thread). I ate SIX cookies today, for crying out loud:eek:. I feel like crap now. I have 6 left and I'm stuffing them down the garbage disposal NOW.:eek: ;( :eek: ;( :-( x(

Kate, what's up with cardio? Is it your ear infection? Well at least you were able to do B&G. No need for you to be depressed...I'm depressed enough for both of us since the great cookie escapade.

I think we lost Diane to the E2L check-in:-( . They don't love you like we do, Diane:*

Dana, OMG, you got a Gameboy--LMAO. So, did you play with it over your lunch break? I hope your DH can help you with the kids so you can get in some decent workouts.

Okay, I have to do an extended Eli workout. How long will I have to do HIIT on Eli to burn off SIX walnut chocolate chip cookies? Well, at least they were made with WW flour. That's good...isn't it? ;(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.