HATE - Jan 19

August

Cathlete
Hi there!

Finished up my Gym Chest and Biceps and followed them with the abs from PUB.

OMG, that's a total lie. I did Christi's Humble Beginnings 9801 and followed them with the abs from PUB. So I guess it was only half a lie. :)

Dana - Oooh, that peanut butter donut sure does sound good. I can't imagine going to the donut shop to buy a drink though, no matter how good it is! Unless it's Cup O'Donuts or something. Hate that PMS Monster. Hope he went elsewhere by now, and took your cold with him.

Jana - Hey you! Nice to see you here!

Robin - So how did the Jean Day tradition get started, anyway?

All right, sorry to be so dull but I've got to get my butt and gut out the door.

Later!

August - Cup O'Donuts - Hahahaha. Next thing you know, Starbucks will offer Donut Frappacinos. How about a donut pizza from Pizza Hut. And McDonald's will get on board with Big McDonuts. Wow. I think you've come up with a whole new craze. The Jean Day isn't a tradition yet, but it was kind of fun, so it may become one. We may have to share the blame though. I'd kind of like to have a Kick Ed In The Butt Day, since he is a pain in mine. I'm also LOL at your lies. How could you? Maybe you need a tee shirt that says "I lie about cardio." Today's plan (uh oh, plan is a 4 letter word) is Drill Max. Yesterday I did Pyramid Lower Body and was certain it would be hard to stand up today, but so far, no DOMS. We'll see how tired the legs are when I try to do DM. Later haters.

Moring August, Robin and all to follow.

The cold is still here, PMS is still here and I can't blame Jean today. Oh well!!!!

Last night I didn't get in a work out - I knew that was going to happen. Tonight we will all be home so I am going to make time to do some sort of workout.

Robin - what did you think of PLB? Working LB is my second dreaded thing (cardio is first of course). Once I get past the leg presses, I don't mind PLB.

August - I think our shirts should say, "I lie about cardio". Ha!

Michele - how was your day yesterday?

Jana - HI!!!!!! You can keep your crappy weather down south! I seriously can't believe that TX got an ice storm. That is crazy! Be careful!

Hi to Deb and Kate and Diane!

My Granny's sister died on Monday. So that makes her my great aunt right? She was 87 and lived in OK. Granny's nephew from OK called to break the news. He told us to please not come to OK b/c there probably wouldn't be any flights due to their terrible weather. Granny probably isn't up to flying anyway, she is in her mid-80's too. Not only did her sister pass away, a friend of hers did too. I think last weekend?? She was 97!!!! Granny told me that she is going to outlive her - to at least 100. I hope she is right b/c I can't imagine not having her in my life. :-(

I'll check back later. Just got in to work but I don't think that I"ve got much to do.

Have a great day everyone!

LMAO. Holy crud, can you imagine a donut the size of a pizza?! And the McDonuts. I cannot believe they have not thought of that yet. That is totally catchy! McDonut!

I Lie About Cardio

THAT...That is a great t-shirt right there. I totally vote for that.

Dana!

We posted at the same time!

Two votes for I LIE ABOUT CARDIO!

:)

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother's sister and friend. Losing one person is hard enough, let alone two. Give her extra love and attention when you can!

Dana, here's to a long and happy life to your Granny. I agree about the leg workouts. It's second in hate to plank work for me. Sorry, I still love cardio. Don't hate me.

I think I will drop an email to McD's corporate headquarters re:McDonuts. Maybe I'll become rich. Probably should copyright the word first, huh.

Make that 3 votes for "I LIE ABOUT CARDIO"!!

I couldn't get on the internet this morningx( , and now I have things to do so I don't have long to play :-( .

Dana, I'm so sorry about your great aunt. My mom died 3 days before her 90th birthday, and the hardest thing about old age for her was watching all of her friends die.

August is a big fat liar...OK, you're probably NOT big and fat...but you're definitely a liar:p :7 .

Robin, I didn't get to blame Jean for anything so I hope I get to kick that...that guy...in the head or in the butt. I can't remember the guys name or where you want to kick him but I want in on it--LMAO.

My DH annoyed me last night. He informed me that he has a meeting to go to this weekend LAST NIGHT!! He always does this and it drives me totally crazyx( ! The good thing...there's an antique show this weekend and now I can go to it:p :D }( :7. Shhhhhhh...cause I still reserve the right to be MAD at him:7 . I've had a long talk with his secretary about this and I've learned he drives her crazy, too. She says it's really hard to keep him organized (don't I know it!) and that he never looks ahead on his calendar -- he just looks to see what he has scheduled for the next day. That's just so $%(%$ infuriating! It's a good thing he's cute!

I better get my business done. We have some tax stuff to take care of today and I need to review some papers and get them signed. If I don't get back here today you'll know I've been carted off to jail or something--lol!

ETA Robin, when you talk to the higher ups at McDonalds, tell them to make the McDonuts with barley flour...then they'll really be on to something!!

Hi ladies -

4 votes for "I lie about cardio."

August - Did you ever buy any Kundalini Yoga dvds by Ravi Singh & Ana Brett? I bought a copy the other day just to have something new to motivate me to workout. I haven't done a workout in forever. The reviews were just so good it is hard to believe.

Do you all recall when August really, really lied about cardio? The day she proudly told us all that she was using TWO steps????? August don't say you don't remember, you big ole liar.

I bought a vegetable that I had never tried before, broccoli rabe. Not too keen on it. It kinda reminded me of spinach but has little broccoli's on it. Have you ever tried it? I steamed it like spinach but it has a very bitter taste. The little broccoli's taste like broccoli though. I did see a recipe in my WW cookbook but I didn't have any of the ingredients for it. I know it called for rice vinegar which I didn't have. I bet that would've taken some of the bitterness out of it. I did eat some for lunch today and I"ve got one serving left. I might as well send it to August to put in her smoothie - she'll try anything as long as she can put it in her blender. :p

I went for a shorter walk today. I went about 2.5 miles. It is so windy, by the time I got back my face was numb. Now I really need to do something tonight.

I am so bored. Either I am swamped or have nothing to do. I cleaned out my desk drawers, deleted some unused files on my computer. I could really go for a coffee but I don't think I can just up and drive off to Dunkin Donuts (for coffee, no donuts). This weekend I"m going to make chicken pot pie. I think it may be a regional thing where I live but it is not chicken pot pie like a pie. It is chicken soup but instead of putting noodles in it you make dough and cut it into squares and drop it in the soup. My mam-mam used to make the best. I don't think she left my mom the recipe though before she passed away. I swear that she purposely omitted things out of her recipes when she wrote them down b/c nothing tastes quite like hers did. Did any of you ever see the episode of Every Body Loves Raymond where Ray's mom (Marie) gave Deborah (Ray's wife) a recipe and she put a different label on a spice so that Deborah thought she was using the right spice but really wasn't. That show is so funny.

Have a great weekend everyone. I"ll probably BBL in less I find something to do. I have 3 hours til quitting time

Robin - I don't care for planks but the are not a dread factor. What I hate is pikes but that is b/c I cannot do them to save my life. I look like such a fool trying to do them.:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.