HATE IT? It's Here - Oct 1

August

Cathlete
Hey there!

I ate my apple oatmeal! It was good, but I used wa-wa and not soy milk (didn't have any) so it was a bit "light", and I think my oatmeal thing is more a problem with the protein powder not making it sweet enough...or not giving it enough depth or something. But the cinnamin was really good in it! I found another oatmeal recipe for chocolate protein powder and organic peanut butter, so I'm going to give that a try tomorrow morning. It's called something like Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cups. :9

Diane - glad to hear you splurged on the Ellen Tracy! It looks totally cute in the photo, and if it's big, that's even more awesome! Anyway, good thoughts going your way.

Well, today I made myself do a Cathe stretch workout only. I'm itching to crawl up on my step but I know I've got to take that one day a week off (which I didn't do last week),..not to mention this throat cold is still a-lingering. x( Plus, it's raining. Oh wait, that has nothing to do with working out LOL.

I watched a bit more of Oprah with Mom on the video tape. It was some kind of interview with Brooke Shields. Good lawd, that woman's been working out. Like, you wouldn't want to run into her in an alley when she's mad kind of buff. I was a bit taken back.

So what are you guys doing for Sunday? Kate, how was the party?

Okay, I've moved on from sore throat to dry-heaving wino cough. It's actually kind of funny to listen to. For now, at least. :D

No can play today:-( . Received word last night that my MIL has to have surgery today!!! She apparently startd feeling poorly last Tuesday with unbearable pain, and tests indicated a huge gall bladder stone. We had just spent last Saturday with my in-laws and she was fine so we were rather shocked to get the call last night. I'd appreciate your prayers/vibes.

Oatmeal PB cup what!?!? OMG!!!:eek: }( :eek: }( :eek: }( :9

Have to run--I'll try to post an update tonight.

Michele, oh, that's horrible news about your MIL. But so good that she went to see someone a.s.a.p. about the pain. Still, it's surgery...and that is worrisome. Please tell her that she has big ol' healthy good vibes coming at her from Japan. Please do keep us posted.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{super hugs for your MIL and your family Michele}}}}}}}}}}

We had a fun party last night, it was crazy as usual. About 25 people and I think me and DH were the only ones not drunk..haha....

It was crazy. If anyone wants to see pics email me and I will send some to you. It was DH's b-day party.

I am super busy this AM with school so I will be short.

August...I am with Michele....OATMEAL PB CUP?????OMG do tell more!!!

Ok, I will check back in a bit later. Hello to Kate, Dana, August, Michele and Diane

PS-Diane sent you an email to your yahoo address. Please keep me updated on how you are doing and if you need anything at all.

BB in a bit
janjan

gall bladder, I have heard that hurts. Actually I hate anything with the word "bladder" in it. Well, at least it is being taken care of. Good
My back went out yesterday, long after cardio. I guess I am skipping the workout today. It was a weight day. Oh well, I will take a couple days off then get right back into it. What will actually happen it I will love watching tv and yelling at the kids to stop whatever they are doing and pick up all the messes on the floor. I mean one day, all this working out isn't going to show. I do plan to hit 90 and who am I going to date? I gotta stop thinking. Murphy's Law is well within me.

My daughter's birthday party is today. Wish me luck. I am dragging my older daughter because she takes over and today I actually need her to take over.

So, everyone have a great day. Ice-skating. HELP!!

Advice : When you fall on the ice, be aware of where your fingers are.

:p

Ugh about your back.

My cold has taken on a sort of Willy Wonka-ness about it. Two days ago it was a throat cold, yesterday it was a cough cold, and today it is a nose cold. Tomorrow I'm thinking I'll turn into a blueberry.

Hello ladies.

Michele I hope that everything is OK with your MIL. I will keep her in my prayer.

Diane, I am so sorry. ((big hugs to you) Please take care of yourself.

August - sorry to hear that you aren't feeling the best. Don't over do it with the cardio and rest. You aren't going to get rid of that cold if you are excercising like a mad woman.

And Kate, what are we gonna do with you? I hope that your back feels better soon.

Nothing much going on here. DH called and now he won't be home until tomorrow. Thank God that I didn't go. Actually, I had no desire to go. Thursday-Monday of dragracing, sleeping in a motorhome with 2 kids, NO THANK YOU!!!!

We just finished decorating the inside of the house for Halloween. Looks scary!!!! I have to wait for DH to get home so he can help decorate the outside. Still have to buy some pumpkins though. I don't want to go back to work tomorrow. I was off since Thursday so now I"m used to sleeping in.

I have been begging my DH for 2 years to please put me an exercise room in the basement. He built our house so he would have no problem finishing an area of the basement for me. But will he???? Nooooooo!!!! So I'm thinking about going down there and cleaning and just designating myself a little area. We would need to but a tv and a dehumidifier though. Also an area rug. But then I would be able to workout in the mornings. I really don't have the time after work and all of my workout stuff is in the bedroom so I can't workout in the morning or I"d wake everybody up. What's a girl to do????

Have a great rest of the day ladies!

Hi, Dana,

Well at least one of us is having a great weekend! LOL.

The house sounds like fun. I'm sure it looks good and scary! Does your neighborhood have a trick-or-treating thing going on, or is that totally a thing of the past now (for safety)?

Yeah, why not try to fix up the basement for yourself? It sounds like a great idea and what inspiration it would give you! I wish I had that kind of space. Lucky you! Take advantage of it!

Oh, and as for my even thinking about doing exercise tomorrow. Of course, it's out of the question.

..............................x(

But my new rotation starts tomorrow and all I did today was stretch!! ;( ;( Tomorrow is a low impact step one, so it must be all right, isn't it isn't it isn't it? :*

Hi all!

Thank you all so much for your kind words, prayers, and vibes. My MIL's surgery proved to be a little more involved than anticipated. She came through it just fine but her blood pressure bottomed out in the recovery room. She is awake and alert and stable, but her pressure is quite low so they took her to the ICU. My FIL is doing okay but as I've stated in the past, he has trouble getting around and needs assistance. This day proved to be too long for him and he is utterly exhausted. We took him home and got him a bite of dinner and hopefully, settled down for the night. I may not be around tomorrow, so I just want to thank you all again for your kindness and support. You gals are THE BEST!!

August, Oprah and the couch;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.