Hate Friday -No, that's not true

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Well, I hate Friday when I have to work the weekend. Yay for Shelley's last day of work before vacation. Live it up, sweetie pie.

Dana, your post last night had me laughing and crying. Mostly crying. We have to get together, no boys, no babies. Besides, I still have something for you from Shelley. Tell your DH and his buddies to get their own pizza, sheesh.

Anyone expecting anything exiciting, or giving anything exciting for Mother's Day? I know Shelley is hostessing a GTG for the Poodle, her SOIL. Yuk, yuk, SOIL, I like that. I sent my mom flowers and we are taking my MIL out for dinner, I think.

Uh oh, I have to run. Time for work. Later haters. Enjoy your Friday.

Morning haters!

Robin - someone better be doing something nice for YOU for Mother's Day or I'll come down there and kick their butts.

Dana - okay, WHY did you go get your DH and his buddies pizza? Please explain that one to me? And I'm sure the puppy doesn't hate anyone, he's just playing with the smallest person in the house because he's the least threatening! I hope today is a lot calmer for you. Deep breaths!

Jen - no concert tickets yet. They go on sale this morning, so send me concert ticket vibes!!! I'm hoping that when I pick Sophie up today, I can surprise her with that news.

Yes, I am hosting a GTG on Sunday for my SO's damily, including the Poodle, who, for those of you who don't know, is my SO's stepmom and man, that woman is a piece of work. I'm fully expecting that she'll pull some passive aggressive crap and show up several HOURS late, like she has on every other occasion when I've hosted something here. Like the first Christmas Eve I hosted when they were supposed to come over at 4 and they showed up at 8. So much for dinner. Anyway, I could go on and on, but I'll try to remain poised and calm.;-)

Morning ladies. I went for the damn pizza b/c I wouldn't hear the end of it. Seriously, it wouldn't die down for quite some time.
I doubt I'll get anything for Mother's Day. Never do. Unless the kids make something in school. I think that the daycare will do something, they usually do.

Shelley - how in the world did you come up with the name Poodle???? Is she hoity-toity like a poodle? Don't even tell me she has the same 'do as a poodle. HA!!!!

Hi Robin!!!! Enjoy your day at work!

I better get some work done!!!

Shelley - I forgot to say good luck in getting the tickets! Just shows what a great mom you are to take your DD to see Hillary Duff. Will you be wearing your ipod during the concert???}(

I took Gabe to see the Wiggles when he was three. I was so excited b/c we were in row 10 and even got our pic taken with Murray Wiggle. I"m a dork. :p

Prior to having kids I had no idea who Barney was. I am dead serious when I say I thought Barney was Barney Rubble from the Flintstones and I couldn't understand what all the hype was about Barney Rubble. I didn't know he was a big purple dinosaur. Personally, I prefer Barney Rubble over the dinosaur.

Dana - Barney was not allowed in my house. I find him way too creepy.:p

To be honest, I don't hate Hilary Duff. So I think I'll be okay. And it'll be fun.

I just found out the tix don't go on sale until 12. So I have to wait longer! I hate waiting.

I won't get anything for Mother's Day either. Just a card. And maybe Sophie made something in school.

The Poodle was so named by my SO because she's little with big poofy hair and she yaps like a little annoying dog. Now, it's not entirely apt because from what I understand, poodles are smart dogs.;)

Good morning haters!

I have to park my big butt in here today and say:

Dana-Send me your address I will send you something for Mother's day! You are such a wondeful MOM!!!

Shelly, how sweet Hilary Duff. I saw her in concert at the Rodeo (yes I said the Rodeo....not a cowchick or anything, it is just a really big deal here in Texas and they have good concerts). Anyway, you are super mom! I will for sure be keeping my fingers crossed for you!! As for the poodle, can you play football with it after dinner...LOL...I AM JUST KIDDING....:p :p

Diane, first Mother's day! yeah!!! I am sure your DH will do something sweet.

Ok I am going back to work. (BLAH, YUCK and all of the above). I am starting to HATE my JOB!!!! Can I quit now???

Hello Robin, Michele, August, Jen, and everyone else!

Good morning fellow haters!!

I don't know where to begin. I have so many things I need to do that I literally feel paralyzed by it. That always happens to me. I just see this huge pile of stuff that needs to be dealt with and then it all becomes a blur and I can't even think straight. Does this happen to any of you?

I have no clue what I'm doing for my MIL for Mother's day. I think I'll defer to my DH, after all, it's his mother. He'll be home tomorrow night so there's plenty of time for him to pick up a card and some candy or flowers. He sent me flowers form Germany for my birthday so he can do the same for his mom, right? I'm kind of funny about Mother's day. I love my MIL and I'd do anything for her, but she's NOT my mother and I don't feel like it's my responsibility to get her a gift. Okay, rant over.

I did my free iClimb workout last night. It was a real sweat fest, too. I chose iClimb #17 which is a cardio and core conditioning workout. It starts with a 39 minute segment that mixes elliptical with squats and lunges using a medicine ball, followed by a 15 minute core workout on the stability ball. It really got my HR way up there.

Hey ALL you hater moms -- I'll be very upset if your families don't treat you right for Mother's Day.

Dana, I would SOOOOOO tell your DH to get his own friggin pizza, and to pick one up for you and his children while he's at it!!! Honey, you need to stand up for yourself. I'm not saying you should never do nice things for your DH, but you already had one hell of a busy day -- working, taking the kids to the doctor, grocery shopping -- and you still had to feed your kids. I love my DH and he's a real sweetie pie most of the time, but I guarantee you that I don't take any crap from him. You deserve every ounce of respect your DH can muster. He needs to start showing a little appreciation for you and everything you do. Another rant done -- LMAO!!

Jen, I hate to see poor, sick little strays, too. That's so sad. I have a theory about your hunger crisis -- you workout so much that it's making you hungry! I can tell you that weight lifting makes me ravenous, as does a lot of leg work. Cardio doesn't increase my appetite though, so at least I found one positive reason to do more cardio -- lol!

Robin, I hope you weekend flies by. Are you off on Monday? What are your Mother's Day plans? Please don't tell me you're going to cook for an army of relatives. I think someone needs to take YOU out for dinner!

Shelley, did you come up with a menu for your party? Did you find something to mask the taste of arsenic? -- LMAO!! Just chain the poodle in the backyard and have yourself a good time }(

Jana! Why don't you quit that job!? We miss you around here but I'm glad you've been popping in for visits lately. I hape you have a nice Mother's Day.

I better get off my butt and get something done around here. I'll check back later:*

Hello to any and all haters, posting and/or lurking:*

Hey chickies!

Jana, oh no, you hate your job???? They over work you, that is why!!!!

Shelley - I have a recipe for homemade dog treats of you are interested? But why waste all that time, just give the poodle a rawhide and be done with it. }(

Michele - that sounds like a great workout! Is it on cardio coach?? My DH does not appreciate anything I do and is always taking things for granted. It is not even worth the effort with him - believe me, I"m too exhausted to even argue. It the winter he's fine but as soon as this stupid racing season comes around (Apr-Oct) look out. He thought he was making a great suggestion last night by asking me if I wanted to spend the weekend Sat night to Sun in the camper AT THE RACETRACK, which is only 20 min from our house. No thanks. He was in the shower and asking me and I shut the door, and I heard him say, well, I guess you don't want to talk about that. Well hell no!!!!!!!!!!! This morning he asked if I would go to the bank for him. HELLO, I only get 30 minutes for lunch and that is when I go for a walk. I told him he's gonna have to go himself. Plus, he was working in the area where the bank
is.

Here is my rant for the day: it is freezing in my office. There are 4 of us that sit in the same area and I am the only one that is cold. Not just cold, but brrrrrr freezing. I have on a sweater, my legs are cold, even my toes are froze. I'm bringing in bedroom slippers. It is only in the 70's - there is no need to have the a/c on. OK, I'm done!!!

I've actually got quite a bit accomplished today. Still swamped but at least I can say I got a ton done. That is b/c my co-worker is actually quiet today. She usually chats CONSTANTLY.

I sound really grouchy today don't I????? Sorry!!

Jen - let us know how your kitties did at the vets today!

Hi Haters!!

I've had a busy day already but still no workout and I am usually a morning exerciser .

I went to Penny's and got my mom an outfit for Mother's day, then to Hallmark for cards for her and MIL....then got beautiful light and dark pink azaleas (sp?) for my MIL and went to the grocery store.
I guess we are taking my MIL to breakfast and giving her the flowers and having my mom and dad over later for a cookout. The menu : grilled cornish game hens, Mesclun strawberry salad, corn on the cob, peanutbutter pie and banana pudding !

Imax2 is on the rotation but since I just did cardio from Imax2 earlier this week I'm going to pop the earbuds in and take a walk outside. It won't be as intense as an Imax- but I feel a need for lower intensity today anyway, so that's what I'm doing !;-)

I'm doing laundry and have a list of phone calls I need to make.
I did sit down to make them a little bit ago and got recordings saying the office is closed for lunch, so will try again! GRRRRRR I HATE wasting time on the phone!!! Phone calls I WANT to have with family & friends is different of course, but dealing with everything automated and waiting on hold...............x( Can't stand it !

We have an art show to go to tonight because my dd has work in it.

I'm not hating this day......just wish there were more hours in it!!:p

Hi to everyone!!!

Well Becky, it sounds like you'll be working hard on Mother's Day - lol! I hope there's something special for you. Your menu sounds wonderful:9 . What's it like outside? It's kind of hot here. I like to walk outside either in the early morning or after the sun goes down. I can't take the sun or afternoon heat.

And I hear you on the whole phone thing. I've been doing the same thing today -- and getting the same automated phone systems. OMG I HATE those things!

Dana, I used an iTrain workout last night. iTrain has several workouts from cardio, to weights, to yoga and ballet sculpting. They're for mp3 players but you can burn them onto a CD, too. I did iClimb set 17. The iClimb workouts are specifically made for ellipticals and stair climbers. There's a promotional code for a free workout so you should take advantage of it.

The code is CW2007. It was working yesterday but I have no idea how long it will be in effect.

Michele,

I just got back and WHEW! It is WARM out there! I just checked because I am dripping with sweat ...it's 84 degrees and must be halfway humid too.
I'm with you and usually prefer an early morning walk. But today this the only time I was going to fit it in, so I went.
I came home and did ME abs.
So at least I got a workout in. I only walked about 40 minutes but that's all I'm doing in the heat !

Am drinking water and then will hit the shower!
050208_10008324294.gif
:p

I'm back! Gosh, I'm so tired. I don't know why either. I haven't done anything special today. Stress maybe?

Becky, that's quite a day! Your menu sounds great.

No Michele, I'm not cooking on Mother's Day. We will be taking Turk's mom out, but some other day. She has a big buffet at lunchtime and doesn't want to face to crowds on MD. We'll just do the pizza thing at the nursing home like most Sundays.

Dana, {{{hugs}}} You MUST love your DH, as much as you put up with. You can rant here anytime. I hate working in the cold. Sometimes the cafeteria is so cold, I shiver through the whole lunch. I thing they do it to make lunchtime short.

Jana, what do you do that you hate your job so much?

Today I did the cardio premix from KPC, along with the stability ball abs. I'm pretty pleased that I could do the pikes on the ball. It's been a while...

Tomarrow I have to work, then I'm going to a dinner arranged by you know who for my boss. It's being held at a local microbrewery. I hope the food is OK. We are having a chicken dish, salmon and pasta, and a beef dish. It was kind of expensive for a buffet, so I hope everyone is happy.

Hello haters, finally home from the vet & workout done. I took it easy tonight though- did Tamilee Webb's weight loss & B&G floor work. Sport has a bacterial infection in his ear so have to give him drops twice a day for 7-10 days. Storm was just going in for her shots so she is good.

Robin- You asked about mother's day gifts, I got my mom lawn mowing for a month for her. Her yard is huge, on a riding mower it takes about 4 hours to mow & once she is out of school for the summer she doesn't mind doing it but until school is over it takes so much of her weekend away so I paid for 4 weeks to have the guy she gets once in a while to mow her yard for her.

Shelley- So, do we have concert tickets???

Michele- I asked the vet today if I should be worried about Storm since the stray kitty got sick. She said no, as long as Storm has her shots she should be fine. I still feel terrible for the kitty, I hate knowing an animal is/was in pain.

Dana- Your DH better get you something for mother's day, as much as you do for your family you deserve a day of relaxing & the boys out of the house! You should tell your DH that his gift to you is him taking the boys some Saturday to the park or anywhere so you can relax- that doesn't even cost him anything.

Jana- What exactly do you do? I don't think I've ever heard, I know you are always on the go flying here & there.

Becky- It was hot here today too, actually broke the record - it was 89 here today & muggy... I miss spring, went straight from cold to hot, I would love to have a month of 70-75 degrees where you can have the windows open & a nice cool breeze in the evening. Sounds like you have a busy weekend, hopefully you'll get some time to relax.

I think I am going to crash early tonight, last night right before I was getting ready to eat dinner I felt like I could throw up. I never did but woke up this morning with a swollen throat, then about noon today it really starting hurting when I would try to swollow but seems to be a little better now so I'm hoping a good nights sleep will take care of it. Everyone in the office is sick & spreading germs, the guy next to me was hacking all day & another girl left at noon today because her throat/ears were really bothering her.

Evening ladies.

Becky - your dinner sounds wonderful! It wasn't too hot here today - I think it was about 80. You sound like you got in a nice workout.

Jen - I'm glad that it isn't anything serious with your kitty. Do you have to put them in a carrier when you take them? When I had my kitty, he was so mellow that I could just carry him in and hold him in my lap.

Robin - sorry to hear you have to work tomorrow. Are you guys eating at the Bullfrog Brewery? Never eaten there but that is what came to mind when you said you were going to a brewery. You did say brewery didn't you? Enjoy your meal!

My workout was just a walk today. DH is home but he is out mowing the lawn. I actually would have preferred to push mow the lawn and get some peace and quiet!!!!! But I'm sitting here instead doing NOTHING!!! OMG Gannon is falling asleep as I type. I hope he stays asleep. Wishful thinking I bet.

I'm really liking the WW online. I already logged in my points for today and for tomorrow's breakfast and lunch. I think that I'm going to go over to my mom's tomorrow evening and make us dinner. We wanted to go out just her and I but that isn't going to happen. So I"m going to go through my 2 WW cookbooks and come up with something.

Tomorrow is a soccer game and then at noon is soccer sign ups for the fall and spring.

I"m so glad it is the weekend. I am overwhelemed at work and it will be nice to get away from the office. My boss is way overworked too. Her and I were planning on locking ourselves in her office today and working on the budget for next school year. She had so many emergenicies throughout the school district that I barely saw her at all.

Well I guess I'm going to go and hang up my laundry outside. Have a great night ladies!!!

Hello !!

OMG I just want this ride to stop and let me off -- LMAO!! I'm so tired of all the running around already. I'll be so happy when DH is home -- he should be here in less than 24 hours:) :) :) :D

I managed to get in a workout -- the upper body split premix from Muscle Endurance. I LOVE that one!! Cathe really outdid herself with that workout. I'm all noodley feeling. My biceps and triceps especially were screaming. I didn't do the abs portion because I did abs last night and I have DOMS.

It's Friday night PIZZA NIGHT -- YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

I DVR'd (is that a word) 2 Katherine Hepburn movies this week and I'm going to watch one of them tonight. :D :D :D

Robin, I'm glad you're not cooking. DH wants to take his mom out to dinner Sunday night so I made the reservations tonight. I'm so relieved I don't have to shop, cook, and do dishes!

I'm sure your pot luck will be great -- well -- as great as they can be for a company GTG-- lol!

Jen, I'm sorry about your kitty. Is he good when you try to put in the ear drops? My kitty takes medicines pretty well.

LOVE the lawn mowing idea for your mom. I'm sure she'll really appreciate it!

Dana, I'll be anxious to hear all about your WW plan. Keep us posted on how you're doing, kay? I may need to do something like that -- of course, it doesn't help that I eat pizza every Friday -- LMAO!! I hope you have a lovely weekend, Dana. You deserve the break.

Shelley, I'm excited that you snagged the Hilary Duff tickets for Miss Sophie. Did she squeal with delight when you told her about it?

I MISS AUGUST!!!!! :* Just in case August checks in :* :) Hurry home, kay?

Hey all you absentee haters -- come baaaaaack -- we miss you ;)

Alright, I'm signing off for the night. I'll probably check in tomorrow morning then I won't BB again until Monday. I have to catch up with my darlin DH:D :) :eek: }( :7 :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.