HATE Dec 3

August

Cathlete
Morning!

Just finished Strength in Movement and am enjoying my protein smoothie with mustard spinach. I put more spinach this time and still don't taste it at all. It's great! (I mean, I like the taste of greens but I don't need to taste them in my berry smoothie.)

Anyway, there's one stretch at the end of Strength in Movement that always makes me crack up. I call it the "Shirley Temple Smells Her Armpit" stretch.

Jeanette - LOL about the truck. Having that kind of thing would make me WANT to ding it up. Yeah, if you're not familiar with Cathe, saying you did BM2 on an 8" step might gross some out LOL. Oooh, fires in the wintertime, what a nice DH. I would have major problems with windows open unless it was blazing outside.

Oh boy, we get to hear the details of the P90X way of eating! Give us all the nitty gritty!! When you say only one carb, what does that mean?

I love my recovery smoothie. LOVE. Even though it has no barley in it.

Here's what I do (I've just started adding a Japanese mustard spinach called Komatsuna).

In my blender I put:

1/2 cup chilled water
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (actually I use 25 grams of Champion Nutrition Whey powder...1 scoop = 32gr = 26gr protein, 1.5gr carb, 1.5gr fat)
100gr frozen banana
50gr frozen strawberries
50gr frozen blueberries
10gr All-Bran
15gr raw Quaker Old-fashioned Oats
A handful of fresh, raw greens

Then I blend. And I eat it with a spoon like it's soft serve in a cup.

Ahhh, protein bars. There are so many with so many variants on protein over carb. I imagine you're looking for one high in protein and not in carb for the P90X? Have you tried protein bars before? Do you tend to prefer crunchy ones or chewy ones?

I think of all the bars I've tried, I actually liked the Zone bars best (LOL, the ones I like are the ones I can't get in Japan, of course). I thought I would like chewy over crunchy, but it turns out for protein bars, chewy tends to get a little gross. Right now I'm eating AdvantEdge bars, and I've also got Balance CarbWell bars. They're all right when I'm out and have nothing else to eat but nothing really to go gaga about. You'll hear a lot about using protein bars and whether or not they are really that good to be eating. I guess they are better than nothing, but if you can get actual food, that's always the better choice.

Wow, mind-blowing. Who'd have guessed real food would trump bars. LOL.

Kate - How awesome would that be to have your own stylist in the house? She could make you a down jumpsuit.

Robin - That's great that Step Blast got easier for you! Woo hoo! That must have felt awesome.

Mom and I played around with the Nintendo DS Lite last night and had a really good time. She got a total kick out of the manners one, especially. I'm so happy she had fun with it. So far it's not too hard to manage. We'll see how it goes.

Jeez it's getting cold over here (at least for me and Kate). Moistening my HRM strap and putting that icy thing around my chest probably kicks my heart rate up a couple notches on its own.

All right. I'm off.

Have a great Sunday!

Happy Sunday to you too August, and all who follow. Today is a rest day for me. How I hate rest days! I can just feel the weight crawling back onto my butt and thighs. I was looking at ebay last night for P90X. I may just give in if I get any money for Christmas. Well, I have to run and get ready for church. Maybe later, gals. Have a good one all.

a down jumpsuit? great idea, you need to be on Project Runway!!

Oh, April come soon after Xmas please!

I did Imax 2 today after doing all of the new ones for the past month. It was easy. Yes, I said EASY!

Anyway, I have to run. Church...have a great day everyone!

Hi haters!

This morning was our group bike ride. Really cold this morning, just barely above 30 degrees, but 7 of us showed and rode 40 miles. Beautiful day and not much wind, thank goodness.

August, thanks for the info on the protein bars and powder. I have to shower now and head to Walmart. Also need a new yoga mat. I'm going to try that smoothie or something resembling it anyways.

Hey, I had barley for breakfast. It was good and chewy. Gave me lots of energy this morning for the bike ride. I put a spoonful of PB and some Splenda and FF milk and ate it. Yummy.

Robin, enjoy your rest day. Today should have been a rest day for me but I rode instead. Hopefully, I won't regret it when I start P90X tomorrow. I also have a massage after work so that will be heavenly.

Kate, that's good to hear that Imax2 was easy compared to the others. The Timesaver Cardio on BM2 never lets up with much recovery inbetween. I did it on an 8" step and it worked me good.

August, 1 carb means 1 carb portion, like a potato, or a sweet potato, or 1 cup of oatmeal, etc. I've got to make my menus for the week up. Got to get off this computer and get something done.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.