HATE Dec 1

August

Cathlete
So....I was at an Italian restaurant for lunch (I had the chef's salad - ooh, I'm so good : eye roll here) and was so ready to steal some sugar. Mom and I even ordered after meal drinks, and my order was made solely to get a packet of sugar.

Long story short, dang sugar bowl. Foiled!

Robin - Oh yeah, well, the first thing I wanted to read when I got up was that someone I "know" bakes prize-winning cookies....When you say that there isn't enough cardio in the CTX series, do you mean that you crave to do more, or that if you want any kind of results, you have to do more?...That's wonderful to hear that you like Greyor's daddy. And how relieving to hear that Greyor is growing and is up to 8 pounds!

Michele - I bought the Nintendo DS Lite, which is the newer version of Game Boy. It's a hand-held game that opens up like a little book and you can play all sorts of games in it by buying cartridges and putting them into the slot on the hand-held part. One of the games I bought was one for exercising the brain! You got it, cardio for the brain!...You stole 6 MUGS? How on earth does one steal MUGS?

Dana - LMAOLMAO!! That gourd was hysterical!! So that's a gourd! Do you eat it? (sorry, getting my mind outta the gutter again)...Since it was the middle of the night when I bought my Nintendo DS and because all the details were in Japanese and it was hard concentrating, I only got a few games : One is the mind exercise game, another mind exercise game (LOL), a Correct Good Manners game (which my Mom is going to go nuts over, I think and hope, that is if the Nintendo DS Lite is easy to use), and last but not least, I got Animal Crossing - Wild World, which is a game where you live a little world and buy and collect things like bugs and fish (LOL). I know, it sounds really exciting. But it looks cute. Except that they're all in Japanese. I knew the mind games and the manner one would be in Japanese, but I wasn't thinking about the Animal one, which obviously I would prefer in English. I actually bought the Nintendo because I thought it might be fun for my Mom who loves those kind of mind games and manner things...so when I was done figuring out which ones to get for my Mom, on a whim, I also pushed the button for the Animal one which looked fun for me.

Jeezus, there's a list of Robin's cookies. OMG. O-M-G. I wish I hadn't read that.

LOL about making 20 pies from a stolen giant pumpkin.

Oh man, now Dana is posting her cookies?!

I gotta get outta here.

Jeanette - That is very courageous of you to have your niece take before photos. No wait. I've seen your photo trail and you're in awesome shape. I take it back. I've always dreamed how it would be to have lovely long, thin legs. Wow, that would be so awesome. I can't imagine having a problem of trying to build UP my legs...to be able to complain about how very thin they are. That would be like a dream!

LOL about your yam casserole portrait. I believe you when you say it's magical. I believe in that kind of magic LOL.

Oh, Nintendo will never take me away from you guys! Never!

If ever I would leave you....!
It wouldn't be in Spring time....!

Oh wait, it's winter.

Haha! Yes, I do already play games, but I've never owned a system of any kind. I just usually play on my computer on the internet. I have lots of travel time and time to kill when I'm working (hah, that didn't come out right, but you know what I mean), so I'm sure it will come in...."handy." But the MAIN purpose (note to self : this is the main purpose, August) is to have Mom play around with it to see if she can figure out how to use it (she has trouble with her iPod so...). If she can figure it out, I'll bet she'll get a kick out of it because she loves games that have to do with knowledge and the woman hates to lose LOL. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it's easy to use.

And then if all goes well, I'll need to get another one.

Okay, I'm off to work. I started my 2nd round of the TLT/Christi/Cathe rotation and it started off with TLT's Endurance of Motion, and ended off with Enjoyment of Sweet Potato.

Have a fun day! :)

I want a cookie. Thank god I'm trapped at home with no car.

I'm going to cook up some barley now and I'll BB to play in a bit.

Hi August & Michele and everybody else- I never got on the compooper yesterday so I have to catch up today with ya-

August-my kids are begging me for the nintendo ds lite and the nintendogs game,but they already have gameboy advance so I can't bring myself to get another handheld thing-ama-jig (I know I'm scrooging it)

Michele-thanks for the recipe -I have to somehow fit more veggies into my life-

Kate-I havn't done B & G yet but I have been doing GS Legs and by the time I'm to the floorwork I am seriously cursing and hating cathe (who I love), especially on the inner thigh band work-it's sooo hard-

Dana- I love the image of Clepto granny- I've never had a "granny" in my life-yours sounds soo sweet- and speaking of old games-remember asteroids- I loved that game-

Robin- Christmas cookies- I can't wait to make some but I usually buy the premade dough and do the cut outs with the kids- we are snowed and iced in here today so I don't have the "ready" dough to go but I may do a search on the internet under sugar cookies for a easy recipe and make some with the kids-

Hi to everyone else--deb

OMG Today I did BodyMax 2. Why don't I just get a noose and get it over with. I swear, everyone of Cathe's warm-ups are like the most difficult of everyone else's workouts. The cardio did me in. So I look at the back of the cover and it includes six mins of bonus cardio? Is she really serious?

But it is a great workout and here I go again about B&G. It is the best. I did the entire 99 mins and was ready to call it quits. Gosh, I guess I must love the idea of death by Cathe.

Ninitedo? I have no idea what the heck it is. I know it has somethign to do with games and the television but that is it. I am sooo out of the loop. I know my almost eleven year old wants one but at that price? The sewing machine for her birthday was on sale for $400.00.!!!

Eh, gotta make lunches, everyone have a great day!

Kate

Hi Ladies -

I am soo tired today. I stayed up until 3 am because I just couldn't sleep. I woke up at 6 am and DH still hadn't come home from work and I freaked out because he never came home! I was so scared until I called and he was still at work. They closed that deal this morning, so it is all done and we can celebrate tonight. Hopefully he can go home early and get some sleep.

No workout today or yesterday. I am planning on some more yoga and running this weekend.

yes, sleep sleep. Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to sleep and could eat as much as we wanted? A girl can dream, you know

Michele, a question for you: I wonder when you are out running your errands in thirty degree freeze without a coat, if the townspeople try not to stare and point and refer to you as "that woman"?
I wear a coat in the house!

Howdy do all. Well, the nasty weather from the west just arrived. It's blowing and raining right now. The temp is supposed to drop throughout the day, but I don't think we are supposed to get any snow or ice.

August, by not enough cardio on CTX, I mean I wish it were longer. But that would defeat the purpose, because I'm doing CTS because it is shorter. Duh. I hope your Mom fingures out and enjoys the nintendo. My mother can hardly work a TV set.

Diane, not having my DH home at that hour would freak me out too. I'm glad he's finished now and hope he can stay awake to celebrate tonight.

Kate, I know what you mean about Body Max 2. I don't think I've ever quite finished it. By the time the abs rolls around, I'm done.

Michele, I just finished making chocolate chip cranberry oatmeal cookies. I haven't tried them yet, but I'll let you know...

Today I did the All Step and shoulder workout from CTX. Again, the cardio just wasn't long enough. Maybe Sat I'll be able to fit in a longer cardio workout. Uh oh, someone is crying from his crib. Later.

Hiya haters!!

Oh Kate, poor clueless Kate, us east coasters need to clear something up with you. 50 degree weather to us is warm, don't necessary need a coat. 30 degree weather - yes, it is cold, but not freezing. 70 degree weather, break out the shorts!!! Ha! Many mornings when we have snow I'm out there scraping the snow and ice off of my car w/out a coat. Something else you'd think is weird is if we get a "hot" day in say Jan or Feb when it gets to 45-50, it is not uncommon so see someone in shorts or even sandals.

Last night DH didn't finish up in the garage until 8:30 so I didn't get to work out. I"m getting anxious to try Butts N Guts. Probably give me DOMS for days.

Deb, where do you live? I've been watching the weather and I can't believe some of the storms brewing out there. I live in Pa and today the high is 73 which is really strange for Dec 1. Right now it is pouring rain and really windy. I think I may start my Christmas cookies this weekend too.

Speaking of weather, Robin can you believe this? 73 today and 40 tomorrow. Yuck!!!

Diane, you and your DH deserve a vacation after all the long hours you are both putting in. At least he is done with what he was working on. I know that when my DH goes racing and doesn't get home til really late I can't sleep. Get some rest this weekend!

August - so you liked the gourd, eh? No you can't make a pie from a gourd. The one that granny stole was small, like 5 or 6 inches big, that's all.

Since we're all taking cats lately here is a funny story. There have been 3 wild cats in the field behind our house for about 2 weeks. 2 of them have long black and white fur and the 3rd one is all black with long fur. Poor Gabe is trying like heck to catch them but they are wild so as soon as we open the door they run away. My DH HATES cats. He is so mean, tells Gabe that they are dead cats walking. So last night while he was out in the garage working on his truck he told us that he thought he saw something in the garage and here it was the black cat. Just leisurely walking around in there with him. I think they sense he hates them and then for spite just go around him. LOL

Hello Jeanette, Michele, Jana and anyone else that I may have forgotten.

I have the worst headache EVER!

I've been online for HOURS looking for an MP3 player for my CC workouts. I don't know anything about electronic devices and I've literally given myself a headache trying to read reviews and compare models.

Can any of you recommend a good MP3 player? I guess I need one with flash, whatever the he!! THAT means;( .

I've narrowed it down to these:

1. Creative Zen V Plus
2. Samsung YP-U2 or YP-T9
3. Sandisk Sansa Rhapsody

I forget why I wasn't interested in the iPod Nano, but there was some reason I didn't like it.

HELP!!!

I'm going to bed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.