HATE Cardio Less Than Phone, 6/8

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Hiya!!

I know, I know -- I've promised to share my travel adventures and I will, but not today -- LMAO! I'm finally over that %(&* headache and ready to start rockin and rollin here.

I didn't answer my phone for the first 2 days after I got home and now I can't get off of the $*)* thing. All of my relatives have called and emialed -- they want to relive our trip. Well okay, I do too. I had a long talk with my darlin DH about how I can't remember things anymore and he told me that I need to "encode" the details I want to remember by thinking about them, talking about them, associating the events with other things, etc. That's why I've been trying to put it all down in a word document. I don't EVER want to forget what my mom's house looked like, or the cobblestone streets, and all the wonderful people who treated us like royalty. I'll tell you all about it -- I promise -- but not today;) :p :D .

I was thrilled when I stepped on the scales today -- I'm down 4#'s from before our trip!!!!! I don't know how that could be possible after all the gelato, granitas, pasta, bread, and cheese I consumed. I ate like a PIG the entire time:eek: }( :9 It's probably because of all the walking we did. Italy is definitely the place to go if you want a good workout. There's nothing but steps and hills everywhere! I haven't done a workout since I've been home though, and I'm hoping to get in a CC today.

The only regret I have is that I didn't get to do any shopping. I wanted to bring back some gifts for a few people but I didn't have an opportunity to shop at all as we were constantly on the go. I think when I go back I'll have to maintain a slower pace.

I need to go back and read our thread to see what y'all were up to while I was gone. I managed to snag a last minute appointment for a pedicure this morning so I need to hustle. I don't normally get pedicures but I treated myself to one before I left and now, two weeks later, they need some serious attention. Besides, the little foot soak and massage is well worth it :). My BFs DD is graduating from high school tomorrow and I'm going to the ceremony -- I want my tooties to look pretty in my wedge heel sandals. My DH isn't comng home tonight so I'll probably have time to post more later today. :* :* :*

I hate seeing the haters post down at the bottom of the page. I love having Michele back to start it.

Michele, you don't have to bother going back and reading what went on while you were gone. Not a whole lot. Some days there wasn't even a haters thread.:(

Today's workout is MIS. I have never done this workout before, so I'm all goose bumpily looking forward to it.

Any other haters still out there?

Michele, I guess everyone decided they love cardio now.

Hey Robin! I'm glad I was able to start our lonely little thread today. Thank you for coming out to play with me.

I've never done MIS so you'll have to let me know what you think of it. I'd probably like it -- I like most of Cathe's weight workouts, but I can't say I've ever gotten "goose bumpily" over them -- ROTFLOL!! It's the cardio I HATE :p !! I've been buying a few of Cathe's DVD's every month and I think I have all the ones I'm interested in for now, at least until she films her new ones. I plan to preorder any and all that interest me. For now, I have so many new ones that I haven't even had a chance to preview all of them:eek:

I cannot BELIEVE that everyone up and fell in love with cardio. I think everyone just misses August, as do I. I sure hope she can come back and play with us soon. I hate the site of tumbleweed a blowin through Hatertown. It's...it's just so sad with everybody gone http://bestsmileys.com/crying/6.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/talking/14.gif HEY YOU HATERS...WHERE ARE YOU?...COME BACK...PLEEEASE...STELLA!!!!

ROFLMAO at Michele sad,sad song.

Michele, I will continue to play with you in Haterville. When the cardio is running, I almost hate it.

MIS was hard. Very hard. Very, very hard. I don't why I always expect the older workouts to be easier, but they never are. I am fried.

So tell me about Italy? What was the best part? What was the best food? Did you have any wine. What do you mean you didn't do any shopping?!!? THERE'S ALWAYS TIME FOR SHOPPING!!!! Did you and your DH get any romantic time alone? What were your family members like? How was the service for your uncle? Are those enough questions to get you started?

HIYA Michelle & Robin!!! I am here, I am here!

Just got done with B&G and mopping the bathrooms, laundry room, and kitchen and now I am going to relax. My sinus/allergies are still bugging me but not as bad however night time is the worst so I haven't slept very well the last 3 nights. I am going to get to bed early tonight before the lack of sleep makes me sick again.

Work has been so busy but that is good since I work on commission and it makes the day go by quick! My boss's boss also asked me & 2 other AE's if we could make ourselves available to go to Des Moines the 18-21st, normally they like to give us more warning than this but it was kind of last minute & I'm actually glad to be going. They are taking all the "top producers" in sales & putting them all in this class together- all AEs have to go through it & they rotate where they have it-Georgia, California, and Iowa. So, it really great for us to be included in this considering there are like 40 AEs in my group that they could have chosen. We will be driving, it's about 5 hour drive from here but I've made the trip two or three times & it isn't bad. There is no direct flight from here to Des Moines- have to go through Chicago so it makes driving actually better.

Michelle- I am so glad you are back to keep Robin & I company! Maybe you'll have time to post this weekend about your trip, can't wait to hear about it.

Robin- Did you get the workout done? How is the Greyor and your DD? Is she still split from her ex? What plans do you have this weekend?

Well I am going to go find something to eat, if you guys are around I'll probably check back in a bit. :)

Jen, I've missed you too! Yeah, I got my workout done, but it was harder then I expected. Greyor and DD are both doing pretty well. DD has been working at the golf course you can see from our house. It should look good on her resume, since she is a horticulture major. I'm hoping to do some gardening, finally, this weekend. I have planted nothing yet. It's been too dry here. Your trip sounds great.

HI Jen and Robin!!

Just checking in real quick before signing off for the night. I've been on the phone with my nephew and brother all evening. My "little" nephew, the one who was ring bearer at my wedding, just graduated from optometry school:eek: ;( , so now we officially have a doctor in the family:) . He graduated while I was in Italy and I was sad to have to miss it. I had originally intended to go but there was just no way. I plan to take him out to celebrate soon, though.

Jen, I hear you about the allergies. I think that was half of my problem after I got home. The climate was so nice in Italy and I came home to hot, humid weather and it was all I could do to breathe.

I'm not at all surprised that you're a "top" producer. You've got a lot of drive and ambition and I'm sure you're a real asset to your boss. I hope your trip goes well and that you have a little time for some fun and relaxation.

Robin, does your DD like working at the golf course? It's so great that she was able to find a jog in her field within view of her home! Does she come home for lunch?

Oh hey, I haven't and don't intend to plant a darn thing this year. I really suck at it, but I might, MIGHT want to plant some herbs in pots next year. A small container garden might be something I can manage -- we'll see. I'll probably kill everything -- LMAO!

Okay, I PROMISE to give a full report on my trip this weekend. I have a confession to make -- I've been wanting to post about my trip but I'm completely overwhelmed at the prospect. There's just so much to tell you that I don't know where to start. This was truly the best vacation I've ever had and it was sentimental and emotional. I don't think I can put it into words. This trip really meant something to me. It wasn't just a vacation. It impacted me in ways that I didn't expect. It was special. Okay, no more sap.

I'm going to scrounge up a little dinner and watch WNTW, then hit the sack. I'm going to a high school graduation tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'll have time to post in the morning. I'll definitely be checking in though. G'night:* :* :*

Sorry ladies! I haven't even had time to lurk. Still looking for a house and having to deal with my very sick step dad.

My (step) dad was getting better and breathing on his own and talking on the phone like normal and then yesterday his stitches burst. Apparently he isn't healing from his first surgery and has been leaking stool and blood into his abdomen. He was rushed to surgery again last night and the doctors had him in there for five hours. He is stable today, but 2 different surgeons called my mom yesterday to tell her to come down, so of course she is a mess (I am only slightly better.) My diet has been crap and I have only exercised 2 times in the last week. But, and any ex-smokers out there will understand my victory here, I have NOT picked up a cigarette although many people around me are smoking and my DH started smoking again. I haven't smoked for 497 days, 18 hours, 51 minutes and 28 seconds and I WILL NOT START AGAIN!

Sorry for the rant, but it's been a really sucky day in my sucky life and I just want everyone I love to be healthy and happy. Crap.

Anyway, you all have a great day. LOL!

Hopefully my next post will be slightly more positive.
Corrie

Hello again!

Robin- That is great about your DD & yes that will look really good when going to find a job after collage! Is MIS mostly upper or lower body work and heavy/low rep or lighter/high rep...guess I could go watch the clip, huh?!?!

Michelle- That is so awesome that your trip impacted your life like it did, that is great that you were able to visit your mom's house & see your relatives past. Always gives you a sense of yourself & family and I'm sure a memory that you will hold dear in your heart forever. Don't worry about telling us everything in one day...maybe take it day by day through your trip & tell us about one day per post over a week or so... maybe that will help with that overwhelming feeling!! I know when I am trying to explain something very complex it helps to break it down into smaller pieces!

Corri- {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I am so sorry to hear about your step-dad. I will say some prayers for him, I can only imagine how hard this is on your mom & you. Hang in there & whatever you do....DO NOT PICK UP A CIGARETTE!!! I smoked for ten years before I quit I think about 3 years ago so I know how hard it is but trust me each year does get easier & easier & you smell SO much better & can actually breathe! Don't worry about "the rant" that is what we are hear for- to help each other no matter what is has to do with- working out, family, work, etc... So, you need to check in more often & vent to us & hopefully that will help you feel better. Don't worry one bit about your eating & working out- trust me a couple weeks, month, 2 month compared to a lifetime is no big deal & once your life settles down you'll be able to focus & get right back to where you were before all this happened.... JUST DO NOT PICK UP A CIGARETTE!!!! :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.