Hate cardio Dec 11, so I did GS Legs instead

milkordark

Cathlete
wow, after all those butts and guts routines, GS Legs was kind of easy. It used to be my fave. I had to add weight today. So, this is it if Butts and Guts doesn't do it, I am giving up. well, no not quite giving up but you know what I mean. Why wasn't Cathe around when I was thirty. Huh....WHY!!!

I have to be at school almost all day helping in the classrooms. First grade isn't so hard but I honestly fear fifth grade math. They now, in third grade, have to know all the names of the angles and triangles. I remember that from sophomore Geometry. Yikes. I am being honest here...I get that creepy feeling when 10:45am rolls around. So I have to get the lunches made now and get ready and will check back later. GS Legs easy...never thought I would be saying that

Hey everybody!!

Kate, I'm scheduled for GS legs today. Butts & Gutts is my favorite of all the new DVD's but it #$&* near killed me. --I break out in a cold sweat at the mere mention of math:eek: . I did HIIT on Eli Saturday but nothing Sunday.

I haven't read yesterday's thread so I have NO CLUE what's going on. I'll try to do that later.

DH and I went to the Jim Brickman concert Saturday and had a fabulous time. During the intermission we ran into one of DH's colleagues and it just so happened that his wife grew up with Jim Brickman, so they arranged for us to meet him and he autographed my CD liner:) :D :) :D. He was so nice and a real cutie patootie! :+

It seems like most people I talk to have never heard of Jim Brickman even though most of his concerts sell-out. For those of you who never heard of him, he's a pianist from right here in Ohio! I have no clue how music is categorized these days, but I think he's considered new age or adult contemporary, or some such crap. I just like the way he plays piano--lol!

I got to meet the the other performers too, David Klinkenberg, Jake Simpson, and Victoria Shaw. I bought all of their CD's as well. It was an eclectic concert to say the least!

David Klinkenberg is known on the Christian music scene. He's an AWESOME fiddle player. OMG, can he play the fiddle or what!! When asked to describe the difference between a fiddle and a violin he said it's the number of teeth in the musician's mouth--ROTFLMAO! ROTFLMAO! ROTFLMAO!

We went to a movie Sunday, For Your Consideration. We were really disappointed in it and wouldn't recommend it. I was expecting a good belly laugh but somehow I didn't find it funny at all.

So, now I have a bad cough, a stuffy nose, and a sinus headache. Basically, I feel like crap.

I need to read yesterday's thread so I know what y'all'er up to. I'll BBL:* :*

Hello ladies. I didn't check in yesterday but seemed like it was pretty quiet. I just got back from my walk and it is beautiful outside.

Kate - I thought of you this morning. I was driving into work and the dj said, we are in for a mild week, mid 40's to 50. I had to chuckle! Then when I walked today I didn't wear a coat.

Michele - I have no clue who the guy you went to see was. Never heard of him. Glad that you had a good time though. I haven't heard of that movie you went to see either. I must seem out of it. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Deb - I love the abs from C&W too. When I'm doing abs I like to do C&W abs, MIS abs and SJP abs. I like to do MIS in between b/c they aren't any planks in it.

August - I can't believe your luck w/the blender. How is it working for you? Do you take your blender w/you when you travel? My blender died years ago and I never replaced it. Before I met DH, me and my best friend would go out everyweekend. We were too cheap to drink at the clubs/bars so I'd take my blender over to her house and we'd make strawberry margaritas before we'd go out. My blender fell out of the car one night and that was the end for it.

Robin - did you and DH have a nice evening the other night? Did you finish up w/the cookies? I was watching the FoodNetwork on Saturday and they were doing a show on Christmas cookies so of course I had to go online & print off one of the recipes. I'm going to make them tonight. I can't remember the name of them, they start with a R. Last night I made oatmeal raisin.

I had the best salad ever yesterday. My friend & I went for lunch at a place called Garfields. I don't know if it is a chain or not, it was in the mall. The salad had assorted greens, feta cheese, carmalized walnuts, dried cranberries, grilled chicken breast, mandarin oranges, shredded carrots and a raspberry vinagrette dressing, 491 calories, 11 grams of fat. It was fabulous.

The kids and I had a nice time at Christmas in the park. Santa and Mrs. Claus showed up on a golf cart! HA!! I told Gabe that they couldn't come on a sleigh b/c we didn't have any snow. Gannon was afraid of Santa. Gabe was like that little boy on A Christmas Story, he was so excited that he forgot what he wanted. So he told him 4 things, Crazy Croc, a Rocket, Moon Sand and a race track. I wasn't planning on getting him moon sand (they only have it at toys r us). Then everyone got a raffle ticket and prizes were given out, they had free hot choc, coffee, hotdogs and cookies. There was a bonfire, carolers - it was very nice.

Hi Jeanette, Jana and Diane!

Howdy haters. I hate lower body workouts. Really, I'd rather do 2 hours of cardio than B&G. I did low impact circuit this morning. I'm going to try to up the cardio the next couple weeks before Christmas in the hopes of foiling the cookie monster in me.

Michele, the concert sounds great. Now if only I could have the same thing happen to me at a Buffett concert. Of course, I'd have to actually get to a Buffett concert first. Someday....

Dana, the day at the park sounds like fun. I imagine we'll be doing that sort of thing in a couple years. We took Greyor to a Carol Festival at church last night and he slept through the whole thing. Of course, that's because he was planning on staying up and screaming from midnight till 4:30

I have another stinking UTI. The doctor's office just phoned and said they'd call in a prescription for me. I go see the doctor on Thursday to discuss this recurring problem. Ah, menopause. I decided with the UTI and lack of sleep, a sick day is called for. I think I'll go take a nap now. Later haters.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.