HATE Cardio 6/20

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Good morning!!

I'm just passing through quickly on my way to my echocardiogram appointment ;( . I haven't decided which workout I'm doing today, but I have decided to use Cathe's beginner rotation as a template. I'll do her easier step w/o's along with Eli, but go with advanced weight w/o's. I think I may have mentioned this yesterday already.

I hope you all have a great day, and WTH is everybody!?:-(

I'll BBL:*

Hi Haters!!!
It's Hump day!

Michele, good luck at your appointment! (can I ask, why an echocardiogram? don't mean to be nosey......)

I did Legs and Abs today. Just did my own mishmosh of mostly, walking lunges (THOUSANDS!!! okay maybe just hundreds!!!;-) :eek: ) , lunge/squat combos, and firewalkers.......did them over and over and over again so I lost count . ack!:eek: :p }( Also added SB abs from Butts and Gutts. Might take a break from cardio today.

I like your plan for a rotation Michele! You gotta make it work for YOU!!!

Last night was a short night AGAIN! 11-3:30. I take Valerian Root every night to sleep. Without it I would probably only get an hour or two. I think this is all perimenopause, but don't know for sure.
I can tell you, I HATE insomnia with a passion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!x( x( x(

Anyone around today???
I'll bbl

Hi Michele, good luck with the echo.

Becky, I think (hope) Michele's echocardiogram is just routine age related check up kind of stuff. I saw yesterday's post and hope everything works out to everyone's benefit with your MIL. I hate insomnia too. I never, ever had trouble sleeping until I hit menopause. I hate laying there counting the hours until I have to get up, hoping to fall back to sleep.

I'm planning on a cardio day today and may do Amy Bento again. I hadn't liked her workout when I first got it and set it aside. When I did it Monday, I really liked it. I'm also hoping to stop at TJMaxx in search of a bathing suit after work. I always put off shopping for one too late. I've exhausted the possiblities at the mall, and everything I've checked on-line is backordered until after my vacation in July. I may just have to make due with the old one.

Morning ladies!

I'm HATING my hormones right now. I think perimenopause might be starting. I'm having breakouts on my face, swollen boobs, puffy bloatedness. Oh joy.

Robin - I'm in the same boat with the bathing suit thing. I'm going to look at lunch today.

Michele - good luck with your test!

Becky - sorry to hear about the insomnia. I suppose I have that coming too, not that I sleep anyway.

Shelley, I'm with you on the bloatedness!!! A few months ago during my period I gained 12 pounds! TWELVE POUNDS???????????
I looked 5 months pregnant!
I am bloated most of the month now and whatever waistline I had seems to be disappearing !
I think we are the same age, or close. I'm 43.

Robin, I have no new bathing suit either and a vacation planned for next month.....thanks for the reminder !!! I better get busy and find one !!

Hi ladies -

Thanks for the comments about the baby pictures! It is really amazing what you can see these days. I just realized how small the pictures were that I posted last time. Let me see if it works to post the whole album. There are some videos on there too - her yawning and waving her fingers.

We are having problems withour air conditioner - it is leaking and caused a huge water spot on our bedroom ceiling. The drywall with have to be replace. We had a plumber come out yesterday and he said he fixed it, but DH thinks it is still leaking so I am waiting at home again for the plumber. I don't mind though, better than going to work.

Dana - That is so cute that Gannon wants to be a judge. A federal judge sounds like the best job ever - you can never be fired (lifetime appointment), you can wear pajamas under your robe if you want, and young people right out of law school do all the work for you! Let me try to think of some lawyer words...

ETA: let me try this again. I realized that link took you to my entire album, not just the pictures I wanted to show.

Lets see if this works

CRABTREEDIANE20070618115621842.jpg

CRABTREEDIANE20070618115209499.jpg

CRABTREEDIANE20070618112745702.jpg

I don't think I can post the videos without posting the entire album but let me try

Diane! I forgot to tell you how great the pictures of Laney, Charlotte, Eva are. How about tort for a lawyer word?

Oh my gosh, look at that little baby! Ultrasounds and stuff these days are SO CLEAR. That's amazing.

Becky - yes, I'm 43 as well. Isn't this fun?

Diane - I think briefs is a good lawyer word;)

Hi all!

Diane those pics are great. You can really see her face! Wow.
I was telling Gabe this morning about how a judge gives the sentence to the "bad guys" and he's like, ooohhh, I get it, the bad guys write a sentence and give it to the judge to read. I tried so hard to keep a straight face. I'm not even going to go there with briefs - who knows what he'll come up with. HA!

Robin - I'm in agreement that swimsuit shopping sucks! I'm actually leaving at 1:30 (taking some vacation time) to go and find a suit. I think a wetsuit would look best - it covers everything!!!! I'm taking Gabe to Hershey Park (maybe next week) and I HAVE to find a suit. They just put in a water park area. I do not own a swimsuit and haven't gone swimming in about 3 years. This is really, really frightening (not just for me, but anyone that will need to see me).

Michele - how did your dr appt go?

Robin - where are you going on vacation? I haven't been around lately so I'm out of the loop.

Hi Shelley & Becky.

Have a wonderful, hatin' day!
}( }( }(

Hi Dana, LOL about the sentence idea of Gabes. We are going on our annual week trip to Virginia to visit my SIL's family. They live about 30 min from Virginia Beach and I'm hoping to spend most of the time there. We'll be taking a couple days to visit some good friends who moved to North Carolina too. Kayaking is planned for that part of the trip. Have fun at Hersheypark and don't worry about how you look. Take a look around you! Just don't look at the skinny 15 years old.

Hey hey hey everybody!!!

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! I TOTALLY forgot about renewing my nursing license :eek: . The good thing is I still have just enough time to meet the requirements (i.e. get my continuing education credits). I don't have any :eek: ;( . I never, ever think about it. I don't even know why I bother with it because I haven't held a nursing position in ages, but I can't seem to let go of my license. Anyway, I'll be MIA until I've completed my CEU's. I have to have everything done and paid for by 7/01 in order to avoid a late fee.

Becky - it wasn't unusual for me to put on 10 or 12 pounds when I was going through menopause. My waist -- long gone. I haven't seen it in years -- but I'm working on it and I do think there's hope. It sounds like you got a great workout in this morning. How do you people do those early morning workouts? I've tried -- I can't do ti:eek: ;)

Robin - Insomnia is the worst part of menopause IMHO. Good luck with the bathing suit shopping. I haven't put on a bathing suit in YEARS. Did you check out that link Nancy posted in the <--- thread? They had some really gorgeous suits! I haven't tried Amy Bento, but then, I'm not EVER in the market for cardio workouts -- lol! So far I'm pretty content with Cathe for weights.

Shelley - yep -- it sounds like perimenopause may be lurking on your doorstep. One of the things I hated most about menopause was the skin breakouts. I had a gorgeous complexion all of my life until I hit menopause. I've since developed acne on my upper back that drives me crazy and I can't get rid of it x( . It's not all gloom and doom, though. I promise you that at the end of it all is a more peaceful place where you actually feel good -- but the ride is pretty bumpy. ;)

Dana - how about "heat of passion". It's a legal term that explains what happens to mommy when she's PMSing -- lol!!!

Diane - I managed to see the video!!! I must've been looking at it as you were editing your post. It was so cool! OMG I just can't get over what they can do these days! Your baby is beautiful:+ . Where do you and your DH stand on names?

I promise, the echo was ordered as part of my annual physical exam. I have a heart murmur (which isn't a big deal at all), and I tend to have a high BP in the office (better known as white coat hypertension). My doctor is basically covering herself by having me get the echo. My BP is always normal at home but she really can't just take my word for it.

Hello to anyone I missed. I need to sign off and get busy on my CEU's. I have a long way to go and I won't be doing much of anything else until I get this done. I'll poke my head in from time to time to see what y'all are up to.:* :* :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.