Hardcore Who Want More Thurs 6/7/2007

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is dh's birthday...42! Looks 30 to me and alot of other people think he looks good for his age too..cuz I feed him. ;-)

Diane Sue,

Speaking of clean eating, I am doing a total body cleansing today. The liquid formula says to take 4 capfuls every 4 hours for 2 days. Then it says after 2 days to eat clean, etc. So I am thinking I am suppose to starve for 2 days...not gonna work for me. So do you think if I just ate clean along with this it would still be fine?

Have no idea about workouts yet.

Charlotte~~

Well, this was the last day of my superset rotation. Loved this rotation and will definitely do it again. But I think I'll find something else to do for 8 weeks or so.

Today was back with two extended sets:

3 minutes rest - 2 sets/5 reps
Wide Grip Barbell Rows: 65#/70#
followed by
Reverse Grip Barbell Rows: 60#/65#
followed by
Behind-the-Back Shrugs: 60#/65#
followed by
Standing Dumbbell Shrugs: 45's both sets

4 minutes rest - 2 sets/5 reps (or what is specified)
Wide Grip Pullups: 4½/4
followed by
Close Grip Pullups: 5/4
followed by
Chins: 4/4
followed by
Incline Dumbbell Shrugs: 40's both sets
followed by
Seated Dumbbell Shrugs: 45's both sets
**I had high hopes for the pullup mix. I really was shooting for 5 reps each set but didn't quite make it. Dang it! By the time I got to the chins I was wiped out!

This only took 30 minutes so I got on my treadmill for 30 minutes. My legs were feeling ok but as soon as I started jogging my glutes and claves got real tight at first, then they loosened up. Did light jogging/fast walking. With the stretch at the end this was 38 min., in zone for 23 minutes and burned 204 calories. Didn't wear my HRM for the back part of the workout.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Char's DH!! :)

Hope you all have great workouts!

This morning my rotation called for any premix off of Cardio Fusion and LIC Abs. I did the Mix & Max premix which is 80 minutes but I only did 65" of it. It was a toughie. Starts out with Body Max w/u and LIC Bonus Cardio step and then moves into 7 Drill Max Drills followed by more Body Max step and then Power Circuits and cooldown. Wooo.. I also did the LIC Abs and then added on Lotte Berk - Muscle Eats Fat Legs. Total cardio was 65" and I burned 476 calories.

I have to go grocery shopping this morning and the over to Mom's the rest of the day. I never did get my perfume samples made up yesterday as my DH had me working down at our other house! I can't believe how busy I've been staying lately.

What other Cathe weight workouts are really good? Is the Pure Strength series good? I'm thinking I'm going to do my own thing for a little bit and do a variety of workouts, but I wanted to keep in some good Cathe weight workouts ....one's I haven't done that much. I never really did the Body Blast series or Pure Strength much.

Toasty -where did you get the body cleansing stuff? I don't know anything about that....never did it. What's the purpose? Happy B-day to the DH. I thought you'd have a younger husband. LOL. Mine is 3 years younger ....but that's not really a big deal. If there is ever is a next time, I'll get a younger one!! LOL

Dallys- how was that Circuit workout you did out of Jillian's book? You have her older book, right?

Deb - I like some of Linkin Park's music...but not really enough to buy an album. I have heard that about their newer album though. The new Velvet Revolver they are playing and Puddle of Mudd are both good. I can't wait to get them. There's another band coming out with a new one but the name escapes me. I LOVE LOVE that new Incubus song ....gosh... I can't think of the name of it right now....but every time I buy one of their albums cuz I like the stuff they play on the radio, I just don't like the rest of the album. Do you ever listen to that Digital cable rock station? They play a lot of good music. What station do you listen to in Cleveland, MMS? (We posted at the same time -- just wanted to say that I wish my DH would buy the M&F for Her that I put on the Walmart list every week!! He won't buy it cuz he says it costs too much and is too thin!! Errr....) I'm glad you enjoyed your rotation. I bet your lookin' better than ever!

Diane Sue - I almost bought that Tosca Reno book last night, but I already had too much in my cart!! Let me know how it is. I bought Jillian Michael's new book and newer workouts. They are beginner level, but I figure I can lift heavier weights and I can always add a bit of intensity to the cardio portions. They are circuit workouts and 50 minutes or so....and I wanted longer circuits from her. They are still done frontside and backside workouts to rotate. I'm thinking of doing a short Jillian rotation along with some of my other newer stuff before moving on to another rotation.

Have great workouts ladies.

Tracey Staehle just announced her next series --

It will be
1. High Intensity Step Mix II
2. The Parts Series (3 DVD set)
a. Glute Camp
b. Strictly Upper Body
c. Total Body Balance and Stretch

She posted some details on her forum

http://www.fitbytracey.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289

Also - in case anyone still does The Firm - they have released their newest series (supposed to be back to being harder -- not like the last series). Up for preorder at FirmDirect.com. Of course, I ordered! Don't know where I'm going to get the money to give the DH yet!!! LOL. (quit hoggin' that street corner Toasty!!!)

Good Morning:)
Last night did BC and ME combo premix. Dont know what i'm going to do today. My knees are taking a beating from all that high impact:( They are sore! I might do LIC cardio only and Low max combos only maybe.
Let ya'll know later
Rand

Hey Maniacs! Just about ready to take Carma on her walk. It's kind of chilly out, so I'll have to bundle up.

Lora- I love the circuit workouts in Jillians book (it's her older book). They are surprisingly very good. They start out tough and get even tougher over a 12 weeks period. You do 4 circuits a week alternating different body parts. So, week 1-2 you do the same set of workouts and week 3-4 you do the same, and so on and so forth. I'm cutting it down to 6 weeks by not repeating weeks. It's hard for me to do a 12 week rotation this time of year (or any time of year for that matter. lol). I figure 6 weeks will be good.

Char- Happy BD to your Man!:) I tried a body cleanse thing and didn't even make it one day. I HAVE to eat! Half a day felt like a week! Maybe I'll try it again sometime. No way would I workout if I did it.

Debbbie- Great you finished the rotation! *High Five*
What are you going to do the next 8 weeks?

Randi-Enjoy your workout and be careful with your knees!

Suz- If you are around today. Can I ask you what kind of Camera your DH uses. I know he has a good one. I'm looking to get a good DSLR and can't decide if I want a Nikon or a Canon (I have no lenses). Maybe he will have some imput. I'm looking at the Nikon D200 or the Canon 30D. Thanks!

Dang! My clock has been stuck at 7:10 for that last 1/2 hr! I've missed my walking time slot. I have to be outta here by 7:30 or it's a no go. I thought I had all kinds of time.:( Down to the basement for a short cardio something or other............

ETA: (Hmmm, Looks like I still have time to edit.) I ended up doing Turbo Jams-'Fat blaster'.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

DAllys- how long does it take to get thru the circuits in her book? I'm thinking of doing a Jillian rotation (short one) but I might use my DVDs?? I don't know yet. If I do it from a book, it will take me 15 minutes longer than you say it takes you (if not more.......cuz I'm ADD girl). Did you see that I mentioned i bought her new book. I was thinking of getting NROL also....what do you think? Is it a must read?

Well here is the new suit.

258043120.jpg

So already into almost noon now so maybe I will do the cleansing tomorrow, but I will still eat if I do it. I cannot do without food. I will be sick.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I will tell dh.

Lora- So far this week the workouts are 43 to 50 min. They should get alittle longer as she adds in more jumping jacks and mountain climber stuff as the weeks go on. But, I doubt they will be more than an hour. I vaguely remember that she had a new book. What's it called? Also, The "New Rules of Lifting" is a great book. You should see if your library has it to make sure you want it. He bases his workouts on 5 moves. Push, Pull, Twist, Squat, deadlift. I think that's what they are. He doesn't talk hugely about nutrition, just a short chapter on what we usually read about. He likes HIIT and likes to get his workouts done as efficient as possible, cutting out most isolation moves. His workouts took me about 45min. I felt I learned alot from this book. Kind of got a new perspective on my workouts.
You should really try some workouts that go from the book. You get used to it and then quite enjoy your freedom with it.

To keep the workout short, just prepare and right down all your exercises, rest, reps, sets, book mark the pages that show the exercise and get your equipment ready BEFORE you start. That way you can flow through with out the ADD taking over. Then CRANK up the music and you are set to go. Just try it for a week and see how it works for you.:)

CHAR-VERY CUTE!!!!!!!!! Looking hot!

HI ladies
Char very cute bikini!
I ended up doing body max 2 the whole thing! I just have a lot of energy today.
BBL
off to clean:)
Randi

Hi Everyone,:)

I’ll be joining you guys tomorrow. There has been lots going on with me and my sister.

Any who, I haven’t been working out, not really just been doing lots of walking. See ya tomorrow:)

Teddygirl~

My workout today was Kelley Coffey Step Box stopping at the abs, then Kimberly Spreen Absolute KB Combat segments, and abs, stopped at the stretch and did the Muscle & Fitness rotation shoulders and abs, finished with Absolute KB stretch. This was the last day of the M&F rotation. Tomorrow I will do cardio and yoga.:)I fed my grandchildren lunch and took them to Braum's ice cream and dairy store. They used their ice cream coupons they earned for reading. I got myself a grilled chicken salad with lowfat dressing:) Those waffle cones looked good:9 I just remind myself how lousy I feel after eating the stuff.

M&F rotation slow 5 seconds
barbell shoulder press 50# 5 reps 3 sets
wide grip upright rows 50# 5 reps 3 sets
dumbbell lateral raise 20# 5 reps 1 set, 15# 5 reps 2 sets
barbell shrug 45# 10 reps 3 sets(I upped the reps as I am not going that heavy here)
dumbbell shrug 20# 5 reps 3 sets
hanging leg raise 5# ankle weights 10 reps 3 sets
decline crunch 20# 15 reps 3 sets
crunch Bowflex resisted 60# each hand 20 reps 3 sets

Charlotte, I have never done a cleanse or fasted. If I didn't eat no one would want to be around me LOL. I get dizzy and grumpy with no food. Once you alter what you eat and stick with it that other stuff will move out anyway. IMHO. Great swimsuit. You look Awesome in it:)

Lora, I have only looked through the Clean eating book so far. It looks like it has some interesting stuff. I started reading Absolutely perfect first as it is only 165 pages and some of that is menus and workout programs. Lots of pictures. I am on chapter 6. When I finish it I will read the other one. I will let you know. The one part that I have found interesting in Absolutely Perfect is what benefits you get by training in different heart rate zones. I always knew I needed to work at different levels. But not so much which % of fat and carbs are burned at different training levels.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue,

I pretty much eat clean with the exception of turkey hotdogs on ocassion, protein bars, etc. I figure I will do the cleansing while still eating clean. I just cannot go without the food because it will set me back to regain my strength...maybe for a week. There is obviously no protein in the liquid stuff and the cals would be extremely low. Maybe I should do it over the weekend on non workout days because it will still make me fatigue to have my body go thru a cleansing? Thanks for your input.

Gonna get my butt into gear and do some ab work and leg work. Tonight I might take a short bike ride. Feeling tired already although eating has been good as usual.

Charlotte~~

Dallys - thanks for taking time to post your opinions. I might take your advice and try the book workouts. Who knows, if I try it and don't get too sidetracked, I might like it. I'll check it out. The new book is called Making the Cut and it's about losing the last 10-20 pounds -- which we all know are the hardest to lose!! I might have to check out NROL. It has routines in it too???

Toasty - smokin' suit. .....but then you always look hot!! Your DH is one lucky man!!

Diane Sue - I wish I felt like crap after eating waffle cones and cookies, etc!!! I don't know if life would be worth living without an occasional sweet for someone like me with a diehard sweet tooth. What is this other book you speak of? Absolute Perfection? What is a synopis? sounds like my Amazon list is getting too long for my pocket book.....better get busy selling my perfume samples!! LOL. Did you check out the Tracey Staehle link? I'm so excited ...end of August. Everyone was requesting a 3-day split, but she opted against it because Cathe was doing one and she didn't want to overflood the market. AFter reading her descriptiions of the new workouts, I'm psyched to do some of her FF weights cuz she has a good point in that we NEED that type of work and I'm due for a FF week.

Hi to everyone else. Welcome Teddy Girl.....we'll be here tomorrow!!

Hey Maniacs! Finished my Circuit workout. Wasn't feeling like working out because I'm so sore this week, but ending up having a great workout. Wierd how that happens.

Circuit *no rests *3 sets *15 reps

DB Chest flys 20's
Hack squat w/SB against wall 12's first set 15's 2 sets (could go higher is someone could hand me my weights.;))

DB chest flys 15's
Sumo squats 35 db

Bench dips
leg extension 5lb ankle weights

Shoulder press 15's last set 12's
jumping jacks 1 min.
SB crunch 15# db

Kick backs 12's
faux jumprope 1 min.
reverse crunch

Workout was 45 min. Now it's hot tub and recovery drink.

Lora- NROL has many rotations, from Fat loss to hypertrophy to strength. You can mix and match, tons of variety. Jillians only has one 12 week circuit rotation. I'll have to check out her new book.

Char-Did you go on a bike ride? To chilly here.:( I've got the heat on. lol!

Dallys - wish you lived closer........would love to do the hot tub party! Not to sound kinky or anything!! LOL....I just mean my aching body would feel good soaking in it. Someday........I'd love to get a hot tub. I can never get the DH to spend money on the house. He's always saving for retirement or Vegas!! what a combo, huh?

Lora, I checked out Tracey's forums. That means more workouts to use my BOSU :D Absolute Perfection is a book I just spotted in the last issue of Oxygen Magazine. It is by the editors of Oxygen. It covers basics has 2 months of workout plans, covers body types, eating, stretching (reasons for and when) cardio and HR levels with charts showing how much fat, carbs, and protein you use at different HR levels, abs has its own chapter, thermogenisis, and a week of menus and suggested eating. It is informative but not real detailed stuff. I bought mine from Deep Discount.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - thanks for the info....now I want to go buy all of those books, but I need money! I should be making up perfume samples to sell instead of looking for more stuff to buy!! LOL.

Toasty -did Temple Viper grow on you? Sweet sweet sexy snake oil.....mmmmmm.. I like Temple Viper for summer and Boomslang for cooler months. I ordered Horreur Sympathetique the other day. I'm ready to order Candy Butcher and a few other Carnivale's soon....as I only have a partial bottle......lovin' Candy Butcher today....I can SMELL ...day two..YAY! I'm lovin' it. Considering I'm taking 9 prednisone a day right now.........I WOULD hope my sense of smell would come back....geez!!

Lora,

Thanks for the compliment. So about the oil..yeah, I told you I like Temple Viper. It is very sexy. I have Horreur Sympathique..it is nice. Someone gave me a sample of Candy Butcher..sweet nice smell.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.