HARDCORE WEEKEND

buttercup78

Cathlete
SITTING HERE DRINKING A SMOOTHIE AND THOUGHT I WOULD GET THIS STARTED, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS ON THE AGENDA FOR TODAY. YESTERDAY I DID A QUICK KETTLEBELL WORKOUT AND TURBO FIRE 15 HIIT. I WAS THINKING OF DOING WEIGHTS TODAY, BUT IT IS TOO EARLY TO DECIDE :D

Debbie-I never got a chance to answer your question from yesterday regarding the ropes. The rope I have is a 30 foot, 1.5 inch rope (like they use in anchoring ships). You anchor it around something to give you two sides, and then go to town. It is non impact cardio, but it is anything but easy. I really need to implement them more in my weekly workouts. :) Check out artofstrength.com if you get an itch to see them in action, they have tons of videos on how to use them....True Maniac Tool, mainly from the looks I get in the front yard :rolleyes:

Hello to everyone, hope you have great weekends.

Last edited:
Theresa - Ok, I remember now. You started those type of workouts last summer, I think. I remember asking you about them back then. Sounds like a great challenge and something different then the usual cardio workouts.

Diane Sue - I totally understand about the games and the hot days. I always liked going in late August and through Sept. when it got cooler out. Very much more comfortable to watch when it's not blazing outside. This has been one hot summer, that's for sure.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Today I did Turbo FIre 45EZ and Core 20, tomorrow is my rest day but I think I am going to do a TF 40 stretch. Monday will be my 3rd week of TF and there is the first time I see a tone class. Those Turbo Fire experts can you tell me how you like these? I have been filling in with other dvds for strength so just wondering how you all liked TF toning?

Workout today was Step Moves 44 minutes 300 calories, Ab Circuits Stability ball abs and yoga based abs 35 min 109 calories, then I did Bob Harpers Yoga abs 17 min 57 calories and Yoga Meltdown level 2 29 min 107 calories. Total time 1 hr 56 min calories burned 573.

Debbie, it has been an extremely long dry hot summer here. But I remember it being like this before. Personally I could take this over the hail and ice we had this last winter and spring.

Theresa, the ropes sound good for a low impact workout. I just have no clue where I would use them.

Last edited:
Debbie, it has been an extremely long dry hot summer here. But I remember it being like this before. Personally I could take this over the hail and ice we had this last winter and spring.

Yep, me too. I remember our summers being like this when I was a teenager. It was ALWAYS hot and humid here in Ohio. And I also agree with taking this over the winter. I use to love the cold weather but as I age I find I love summer more. I sort of wish we could have autumn all year long, that is my favorite season. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.