Hardcore Maniacs Saturday...Yeah

amberwaves

Cathlete
Hi all, just starting us off cuz I couldn't find one, I'll be back need to catch up a couple days here.
Amber

Where is everyone today?? I have my appt with the ortho surgeon Tuesday, I can't wait. I tried to wear shoes to court yesterday and it about killed me, I did not think that my flip flops looked all that great with my suit :0 I have a feeling it will be no impact for a few months..I'm just hoping I can at least use the elliptical. I can walk but the outter part of my foot can't handle weight or pressure from shoes. :(

Lora...hope you see this. Just fill it out with what you know, you don't have to be exact. But the court uses those as a basis for giving you (his) $$ while this thing is pending. So it's a must do if you go, let me know how your appt goes. Hang in there woman!

Char. you went to man asses?? LOL, I choked on my coffee reading that.

Diane Sue, I feel for you going that long without DH! I'm so glad you have your DD's and grandbabies close to you. Hope your nose heals well. I'm wondering if my DH would leave for awhile if I would lose my appetite???? Where can I send him for awhile?

Dallys...Rob is doing ok???

Lisa. enjoy your pig outs that is quite a tradition, we have the family cook out where we graze all day long on junk! I bring salad and I'm the only one who touches it!

Debbie...great workout! that movie is supposed to be tearbreaker!

Linda what's up with the needles on the beach? That is horrifying. ARe you on the east coast?

Hermia, sounds like you need to re-energize. Did I read that you are working on your thesis?

Ok Man Asses...I'm out of here, busy day we are going to the Detroit Jazz Fest, Nice heh? Hubby wants to drag me around in a wheelchair, but I said we just have to walk slow. He's so thoughtful to schedule this with my broken foot.

Amber

Is anyone away for the long weekend? Doesn't seem to be much excitment on the thread this morning (and I think this is the earliest Ive ever gotten on it :)

My workouts have been unusually late lately so Im going to post last nights, this morning..
Im not really liking my home workouts for legs too much.. I really need a squat rack so I can do heavier.. Im building mass and strength and can handle double the weiht for squats and stuff as I can do at home--

anyone have any suggestions how to get like results from half thw weight??

Ive tried doing more reps and a faster pace and then doing a 3/1 count to get the hypertrophy effect.. not sure the science behind any of it and what would be best application..

Legs-
Squats 3 X 10
Sissy Squats 5 X 8
Plies 5 X 15 (reduce reps, holds and pulses on last set)
Glute Raises 3 X 10
Rear Lunges 3 X 10
Deadlifts 5 X 8
Sissy Sqauts 3 X 8

I didnt turn the air on and I only had my little fan so I was way too hot and sweating to do anymore.. I was going to do my back and shoulder workout schedued for later today, but was too hot so Ill wait.

Besides, they say that over an hour of any exercise increases cortisol levels cuz of the stress and that its not recommended.. My leg workouts are usually about 50 mins ay home and 1:15 in the gym.. so I think thats enough.

Linda- what IS the needles on the beach??? Im here in the northeast and I havent heard anythng.. whats that all about?

Had an excellent workout this morning. I feel awesome lately. I think eating more calories and carbs that this rotation requires is helping me a lot. I dropped 1# and some body fat with this weeks workouts.

I worked my back and biceps this morning and did really well. I am pleased with this workout. Definite puke status.

1:30 minute rest between each set and exercise. 3 minute rest between going from back to biceps.

BACK
Barbell Overhand Rows:
70# - 6
75# - 6/6
70# - 10
65# - 12/12
***Should have started out with 80#. The first three sets were very easy.

Pullovers:
49# - 6/6/6
45# - 10
40# - 12/12
***I need 50# dumbbells. With the magnets I have I can bring a 50# DB up to 54# and I think right now that would be perfect for me with this exercise. Wish they weren't so expensive.

Chin Ups:
10# - 6/6
5# - 5
BW - 8
***Was suppose to be two sets of 6 reps, 1 set of 10 and set of 12. Didn't quite make it. My back was fried by this point. But I am still happy about my numbers here.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
60# - 6/6
55# - 10
50# - 12
45# - 12
***Brutal set. My biceps were screaming by the end.

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
25's - 6/6
20's - 10
15's - 12/12
***I was happy that I could do the first two sets with 25's. This was a good set.

Dumbbell Preacher Curls:
20's - 10/10
***By this point I just wanted to drop dead. LOL!

That is all...

Tomorrow is my rest day, thank God. It's been a very intense week.

DH and I are riding today. Going to a festival and looking forward to it. Weather is beautiful!

Have a great weekend all!

I finished my workout. I slept in this morning. I really needed it. I did Jari Loves Ripped and Chiseled lower segments and back track, then I did CTX Power Circuits skipping the w/up and stretch, CTX All Step abs aand stretch. Workout was 1 hr 34 min.., Calorie burn was only 501. I guess this is not bad since I really did not do much cardio. Just didn't have it this morning. Woke with heartburn:( Had fun at the jewelry party last night. Ordered a necklace. There was a pink one in the half off jewelry that I really wanted but one of the little girls was wearing it around and I did not have the heart to take it away:)

Debbie, enjoy the bike ride. I always wanted to take one with Bill to the Medieval festival here. Lots of people go on their bikes. I went with the family when Bill was in Iraq. Missed it last year. Maybe when he comes back.

Amber, I checked this morning at 8:30 and no one had started so I just went and did my workout. Guess I really should have started. Miss Lora starting it:) She must be without her computer.

Lisa, I have some stuff I printed out a long time ago on cortisol levels. I guess I need to go back and read it again. I usually workout around 2 hours a day.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Killer workouts going on!

Peeblewoman, Thanks for the advice on Sissy Squats....never did them before and they fried my quads. I thought they would be easy til I did them. lol.

Debbie,

I didn't get a chance to work shoulders yesterday. DH was feeling bad after all his radiation and he still had to go get more radiation so I had to drive and so I will do shoulders tomorrow. I am gonna eliminate the Incline DB Curls cuz I know for sure that will mess up my neck so I will do something else. Sticking with pullups first cuz I fry out fast if I don't do them first.

Anyhow, you had a nice workout! The pullovers are quite impressive as well as everything else. So I am gonna go "have at it" here in a minute.
Have a great ride.

Diane Sue, If I burned as many calories as you, I would need more sleep too. lol. Yeah, I think you deserve it...you better believe it! lol.

Amber, LOL! I am still feeling that "man ass" feeling, and I love it!!!

Afternoon Maniacs,

This morning was cardio and I did Amy's ASC I doing the power ups first. BOy I love that workout, but she nearly killed me on combo four. I am not that good at that one yet so it left me huffing and puffing trying to keep up!

Amber & Pebs - I live in Southern NJ about 45 minutes from Atlantic City, and serveral of the shore town beaches were closed do to the needles washing up.

Debbie
- AWESOME WORKOUT!:eek::eek: I really need to track your numbers for when I do this rotation. Can't wait to see what kind of results you get! Are you following the eating plan as well?

Everyone - Great workouts as usual!

Finially posting my workout. I will do abs tomorrow..I am just wiped out...

BACK:
Barbell Overhand Rows:
75# 6x's
80# 6/6
70# 10x's
55# 12/12

Pullovers:
45# 6/6/6
40# 10
35# 12/12

Chin Ups: (did these first and assisted...just not feeling it..been too long?)
8/8

BICEPS:
Barbell Curls:
70# 6/6
65# 10
55# 12
50# 8x's (wearing out fast here)

Concentration Curls (did these first)
45's 6/6
40's 8
35's 10/10

Preacher Curls:
50# 6/6

Drank a protein shake before taking on biceps with amino pill and hershey chocolate bar. hehe. I was really worried I would not make it thru to the end...this was a tough workout.

Finally finished my workout. I took a walk then did combos 1-3 of ASC then the second abs section from ASC III. I haven't been very productive today as I've been kinda upset. Just found out the guy I was with, who downgraded us to friends, started seeing someone else no more than a few days after he ended things with me, which made me kinda feel like things must have been happening with them before hand, if nothing physical, at least the thoughts were there. Just kinda bummed and lonely and disappointed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.