Hardcore Maniacs check in December 16,2009 Wednesday

WD

Cathlete
I am getting ready to go do Insanity Max Interval Sports Drills. I will report back when I am finihsed:D I hope everyone has great workouts today.

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Brazilian Butt Lift - Rio Extreme (cardio/weight intervals). Workout was 55" and I burned 518 calories. Max HR was 159. I did some of the ab work and skipped some.

My massotherapist said I have a rib "popped out" on my right side......from my injury when I fell down the steps. He said I should take it easy on core work and if it doesn't improve, I might have to go to the doctor to get it popped back in place. No wonder my side has been hurting so badly. Ugh..........I work 11 hours today and 10-11 hour days until my next day off which is Christmas! (sorry for the whining vent)

Have great workouts everyone.

Today was P90X Back & Biceps. Had a puke status workout again. This one was fun and next time I do it I'll go a little heavier. I wasn't sure what the exercises were like so I made notes where I need to go higher.

My pullups and chins were pretty dismal this morning. Just didn't have it in me to many unassisted ones.

Wide Front Pullups: 15 assisted

Lawnmowers (One arm rows) - 30#/10-2 reps

Twenty-Ones - 20's/21 reps
***These were hard.

Cross-Body Curls - 15's/14 reps
***I should have went heavier here.

Switch Grip Pullups - 6 sets assisted
***Here you do two reps with overhand grip, two reps underhand grip. These are hard, I doubt I'll ever be able to do them unassisted.

Elbows-Out Lawnmowers - 25#/12 reps
***Felt these in my middle lat really good.

Standing Biceps Curls - 20's/10 reps

One-Arm Concentration Curls - 25#/6 reps
***These were heavy and I didn't like how Tony does them. Next time I may do them seated.

Corn Cob Pullups - 6 assisted
***These are pullups, you move right, left, middle and then down - that's 1 rep. I like these. Even assisted these were hard.

Reverse Grip Bent-Over Row - 20's/12 reps

Open Arm Curls - 15's/12 reps
***I liked these. You hold your palms away from you when you curl, you really feel it.

Static Arm Curls - 12's/16 reps
***Could have gone heavier here.

1 minute rest

Towel Pullups - 15 reps total assisted
***I liked this one. You place a towel over one side of the pullup bar, grap it and you hold the other side with your other hand with an underhand grip and pull up. did 3 reps each side for a total of 15 reps. This was a cool exercise.

Congdon Locomotives - 15's/40 reps
***These are bent over alternating rows. You just keep alternating rows for 40 reps. They burn like hell.

Stability Ball Incline Curls - 20's/12 reps
***These were suppose to be those Crouching Cohen Curls, those hurt my back so I subbed this exercise.

One-Arm Corkscrew Curls - 15's/12 reps
***Need to go up here. These are alternating dumbbell curls but you start with your palms behind you, then you corkscrew the curl up. I liked these.

Chinups - 5 unassisted/5 assisted
***This was sad, I usually can do way more unassisted.

Seated Bent-Over Back Flyes - 15's/15 reps
***Need to go up here. These were way too light.

Curl-up/Hammer Downs - 20's/12 reps
***I like this one too.

Hammer Curls - 20's/8 reps
***Should have gone heavier. 25's would have been perfect.

Max Rep Pullups - 10 assisted
***He said to pick whatever pullup/chinups we wanted to do. I chose Wide Grip pullups.

Supermans - 5 - 10 second holds

In-Out Hammer Curls - 15's/9 reps
***Really felt these. You do a standard hammer, then one out to the side. Great burn here.

Strip-Set Curls - 20's/15's/12's/10's - 8 reps each
***Should have started heavier here. By the time I got to 10's I did't feel like I was doing anything.

Then I did Ab Ripper X but stopped at the Leg Climbs. My low back was really starting to ache so I didn't want to push my luck. This is one tough ab workout.

Lora - Wow on the rib. How come that hasn't been noticed before now? No wonder you are in pain. Yikes!!!

Hi everyone! Got a doctors appointment today so I'm leaving work early. I may be back later depending on the time. Hope you all have great workouts!

This morning I did Tracey's Strike Zone strikes 1-6 28 min and burned 251 calories Max HR was 161, I then did Insanity Max Interval Sports Drills 54 min and butned 515 calories Max Hr was 170 25% fat. I followed this with Kelly Coffey's 30 Min to fitness Kickbox bonus abs and Tracey's Yoga Solutions post Kickbox segment 19 min. Total calories burned today was 881 and workout was 1hr 55 min.

Debbie, nice workout today:)

Lora, that is bad about your rib. Maybe you should just go get it put back how it is supposed to be. Will it take care of itself??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.