Hardcore Hottie Fitness Maniacs January 24, 2009

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Dealing with a stiff neck AGAIN, but I am thinking it will work itself out. Going to chiropractor Monday. Bobby doing better, but still coughing at night...this cough he has is weird. Gets better and then goes backwards some. He is not blacking out anymore though, but yesterday he could not breathe again at one time and his lips were turning white. I don't know if he will be able to go back to work Monday or not.

Netta,

Got your message. Thank you.

Diane Sue,

Thank you. January has been a hellish month for us. We are going to look at cars today AGAIN. The car Bobby was driving that he wrecked is totaled so we have to go look again. I think we go car shopping once every 2 months. :rolleyes:

So I am gonna get in my workout early this morning. Gonna work chest/shoulders/triceps and abs and try to get to my meditation class as well this morning.

Have a great day!

Good Morning:D

I just finished CC#8 luv that workout, I had a blast;)

Stats:
500 cals burned
4.48 miles travelled
60 minutes

Toasty: Things will get better, believe that;) I will keep Bobby in my thoughts and prayers. This is just a temporary situation, believe that. (((HUGS)))

I'm about to take my sweaty butt and soak in the tub:eek:

And too everyone else, goooooood mooooooorn:)

I slept in this morning so no workout to report yet. Been coughing so much lately and have had so little sleep that I kept nodding off last night watching television and didn't get up till 8:30 this morning. Today I will do some abs, cardio and flexibility work. I may do some 1RM for the sts series. Just didn't feel the energy to do it yesterday.

Charlotte, good luck finding another car. My heart goes out to you and Bobby. I have been coughing pretty steady over 2 months. The doctor gave me an inhaler to use. I think it is going away and then it is back. Bobby's blacking out is scarey. I have to catch my breath sometimes but that is it. I think I am going to try a humidifier or something. Last night I was coughing and I heard dh start talking in his sleep saying he was back from the past:eek: As far as neck is concerned I lay on my foam roller and just turn my head from left to right like Keli Roberts does on her Flexibility for the Inflexible workout. She doesn't roll on the neck area. Also roll on the trap area. It really helps the stiffness there.

Teddy, nice calorie burn.

Charlotte, I will keep Bobby in my prayers. I may have missed a post but what was the cough about? Asthma. Keep us updated.

I did Sharon Twombly's Athletic Step Jam. I know how busy we all are but is anyone interested in posting what we eat through the day for awhile? I found when that was being done before it kept me focused and clean along with some new ideas. Just a thought. Everyone have a good weekend.

Morning! I have cardio to do yet today- kids were up at 7:00 and it felt much earlier. Good thing coffee is in the house. I think I might do BM2 cardio premix, but that is subject to change. :)

Happy birthday to Linda's DD! My daughter turns four in May- it's been a tough year for us with her tantrums and attitude. :mad: Enjoy the party today.

Diane Sue: Sorry you're having trouble sleeping with the chronic cough. I think lack of sleep is one of the worst things. I need to invest in a foam roller DVD- I have the roller, just need more guidance in using the darn thing.

Roselyn: I would post my food- maybe not everyday but I would definitely participate. :)

Charlotte: Sorry it is slow progress with DH, but at least the black outs aren't happening. Keep us posted.

Teddy: Good workout! I need CC#8, everyone always mentions it.

Have a good day everyone!

Teddygirl, that's the workout I was going to do. I decided to not workout today. Had major dizzy spells yesterday and just don't feel like I have any energy today. So I'll take today and tomorrow off and then do my active recovery week next week. Just going to do three days of cardio and yoga.

Then I'll have to figure out what rotation to do next. No Cather, thats for sure! :eek: LOL!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Good morning!

Today I'm going to do a Spinervals workout on the bike and then shoulders since I didn't get them done yesterday. Oh, and some ab work too. I really want to do hanging ab work but it puts a lot of stress on my shoulder even though I try to stabilize it. And I have a hard time not swinging - not strong enough? Any tips? I hang off of my pullup bar which is way high up on my ceiling.

Charlotte - I'm sorry that it seems like one step forward and two steps back with Bobby. Poor guy! And I'm sure it's just wearing you out too.

Teddygirl - Good job with CC#8. I just love that one, as you know! I'll miss it now until I start doing it again next fall. Well, I will be taking it to Mexico next month!

Roselyn - That sounds like a fun workout! You don't wanna know what I eat...or don't eat. I am not a good example for anybody right now. :p For example, yesterday I was so stressed out so I didn't eat all day until I got home from work. This morning I've been up for 3 hours and haven't eaten a thing - but I've had some coffee. Just got some stuff on my mind and then my stomach says "no food please". And I wonder why it's so hard for me to keep weight on and build muscle. Hmmm...

Diane Sue - I didn't know you still had your cough. That sucks! I hope that you get rid of it soon.

Debbie - What's up with your dizzy spells? Can't wait to see what you do for your next rotation.

Have a great day!!!

I forgot to mention - the buttons on the watch of my HR monitor have been wearing out. I have to push them a bunch of times to get them to respond. And it jumps all over the place when I push the buttons. It's been a pain in the butt lately. So I was complaining to DH about it and then I got an e-mail from him the other day that he won a bid on eBay for a Polar F11 HR monitor for me. He's so good to me! Does anybody else have this kind? I thought I had seen this one mentioned before. I want to start using it to figure out how many calories I'm burning, how long in my zone and all that. I kept bringing my old one upstairs because I was going to try to figure all of that out but with it not working right I never did.

Hi all! Been enjoying my recovery time! Will do some type of cardio today.

Diane Sue...I was feeling guilty because I actually slept until 9:00! :eek: That never happens! Obviously my body is needing that extra rest. Sorry that cough is still lingering.

Char...will continue to keep you and Bobby in prayers. Have fun car shopping. We will be starting that soon for DS.

Debbie...whats up w/the dizzy spells? Hope everything is ok.

Suz...I can't believe you have been up for 3 hours and haven't eaten! That's the first thing I do upon waking...had 6 eggwhite veggie/cheese omelet, cup of berries, 1/2 wg bagel....enjoying a second cup of coffee!

Roselyn...I would participate in posting meals.

Linda...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DD! Have a fun-filled day! :)

Morning or more like afternoon Maniacs! This morning I did AOS Providence. This was super fun! I just love kettlebell stuff. It's soooooooooooooooo much funner (is that a word?) than regular weight lifting...at least to me, and I love weight lifting.:eek: Anywho's, dear son joined me and whimped out after about 10 min. He's such a wuss:p. I even did the full 3 min. of the snatch test and boy am I feeling that now(probably should have done half that). My husband is getting real sick of me and the high I get after playing (cuz that's how it feels) with KB's. He secretly wants to try it though, I can tell, he he.

Char-
Sorry about the stiff neck. I hate that! I'm glad Bobby is getting better and I hope you can find a car today. Usually car shopping is fun isn't it? Well, maybe not if you crash them and HAVE to go looking.

Teddy- Great going on CC#8. I still don't have that one.

Diane Sue- Carma let me sleep in until 7:30! It was so nice. After I did Providence, I was thinking that the Snatches are like a double handed overhead swing. Same feeling in the shoulder. I'm so total-dork-form at the windmills.

Patty- Awe, to have a four year old girl again. So much drama.;)

Roselyn- Nice workout. It is nice to get ideas of what people are eating. I'm inconsistent...like Suz is;). I don't like to be trapped in diet. I so rebel when I think about it to much.

Suz- So you are cheating on Sean with Troy! No Sean til Fall? Whud up? When is Mexico?

Debbie-
Sure sounds like you need a break. You work it hard girl!

Sonya- I glad you are enjoyin your recovery time. You work it hard too!

Linda- Happy bd to dd. Have fun!

Hermia- Nice workout yesterday.:)

Last edited:
Suz: I have the F11- LOVE IT! I think Diane Sue and Sonya have it too...but I might be wrong. You'll adore it- I like it show my % of max HR and have it set that way. It tells me calories burned, % from fat, time in the zone and sends me a weekly report of my workouts. It's my favorite little pet. :) Enjoy it and let me know if you have questions...although the way I figure that stuff out is mostly dumb luck.

I got my workout done. Really did a mish mosh of things today
icon_biggrin.gif
I started with a little foam roller for my lats and then did Kettlebell Goddess joint mobility warm up, then I did Cardio Kick Step Box stopping at the core, then did Cardio Sculpt Fitnesss Combo 1 and interval, then went to chapter 11 and did the step box segment 2 times, I followed with the abs and went back and did the abs from Step Box using 3# dumbbells. I burned 610 calories doing these two workouts. Total calories burned today was 843, 55% fat

Abs after Kelly's workouts went like this:
2 turkish get ups on each side 15#
Providence rnd 11 slingshot/hold to 8, and rnd 14 abs 25#

Newport Rnd 3 2 hand swing alternated with hot potato, then twisting crunch(6 minutes) 15#
Rnd 4 punch matrix alternated with plank then single leg raise (5 minutes)

Amy Bento's Abs and Stretch abs #2 doing barbell rollouts instead of ball rollouts and using 8# dumbbells.
I finished with Stretch #2

Roselyn, I was posting my eating for awhile. Kind of dropped out. I should go back to doing it. But then days like today I had coffee and didn't eat anything at all till 2:30 when I had a salad.

Suz, that is great that your dh got you an F11 Polar. I love mine. I set it for the High end of my HR for my zone since I have options. I am not very good about eating sometimes either. I eat lots one day and very little another. I didn't eat anything at all today except for some morning coffee till 2:30. Then I just ate a salad with homemade honey mustard dressing. That is it so far.

Dallys, I love doing Providence. I have so much fun I go back and repeat things:D I am glad they do those windmills slow. On Empire State they have an optiion to do them with one kettlebell in the lowering hand instead of using two. That was nice of Carma to let you sleep till 7:30. I got up so late, but my dogs were good about it. Sometimes if it gets past 8 Mudd starts whining and Puddle will let out barks to let me know she is waiting LOL

Sonya, if I sleep as late as 9 I am always surprised. Just doesn't happen often. Usually no matter how late I stay up I am awake bright and early from habit.

Patti, it really helped using the Keli Roberts foam roller dvd. I pretty much know all of it so sometimes I just work an area that needs it with those moves that I learned.

My cardio is done too! I did BM2 Cardio Blast premix and burned 619 calories. It was a great workout- I had a lot of energy. I think my Saturday afternoon cardios feel so great because I am not sleepy and I have food in my system to fuel the workout. Maybe I need to grab some quick carbs in the morning before I do my workouts.

Diane Sue: Thanks for the recommendation- I'll look for it.

Sonya: Ready for GS Legs on Monday? If you're doing the leg blast rotation our leg days will be the same I think.

I did my Spinervals cardio earlier and it kicked my butt! It was a little over an hour. I didn't get my shoulder work in b/c DH was hungry after I finished my cardio and then one thing after another. Of course I've been meaning to do it all day but you know me! My shoulder's kinda bugging me today.

I'm going to take some progress pics. I was going to do them tonight but we just went to dinner and although I only had a chicken soft taco (oh, and a couple of sopapillas! - see Sonya - I made up for this morning) I'm feeling bloated. So we'll see. I'll let you all know, of course. :)

Diane Sue - I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who eats like that!

We had dinner and my calories are still pretty low. I had Campbells Maryland crab soup with zuchinni and brown rice added. I also had a couple of banana bars that I made. I need to put the recipe in my Master Cook and see how it turns out. I changed it up from the original in my Pillsbury bake off recipe book. I used skim milk, half oat bran flour, half splenda, and a little less butter(they used margarine or shortening) than they used. Also used sea salt and Omega 3 eggs. Got to be not too bad.
I mix flax seed oil with butter a lot as a spread. I think that it is better than the hydorgenated margarines. Although I don't eat much of it when on my own. DH came home after 4 months and I still had the same margarine tub and the same potatoes here. Bread ended up in the trash. I need to keep hubby healthy so I still make changes in recipes and things.

Suz, I have barely got to around 600 calories today. Not too good. Although if I eat a late night snack I usually have a lot of energy in the morning since I get up early. I will be looking forward to progress pics:D

Patty, you can find that dvd on Amazon and deepdiscount for around 10 dollars. It is well worth the money.

Diane Sue - Those banana bars sound yummy! Wow, your cals today were low!!! Mine were too. Sheesh! I'm glad you like your Polar F11. I can't wait to get mine. :) Speaking of late night snacks...we just finished my photo shoot and now I'm hungry. That was HARD WORK!!!!! I'm glad DH is such a good photographer. I make the worst faces though, I swear! I'll post pics in my Picture Trail as soon as he sends them to me.

Suz, can'r wait to see your pictures. It is time consuming and a lot of work taking pictures. I bet that you are getting some great results with what you have been doing. I doubt that you are making the worst faces LOL, Your expressions show a lot of character. I really enjoy the pictures. Well, I just ended up with a late snack/meal of shrimp mixed into the Green Giant Healthy weight veggies. I ate the whole 2 serving package LOL Getting ready to go to bed so i can get up for church tomorrow. So that will be it for today. I am sure you will love your Polar f11 . I think it seems the most accurate. When I did Low Max the other day I was only 1lb off from what Cathe had on the workout blender. I felt good about that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.