Hardcore Fitrness Maniacs for Wed Dec 19

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Keli Roberts Timesaver Workouts -Upper Body & Core and Lower Body and Core and then added on 10 minutes of Kickboxing from the Prevention - Big Weight Loss Fast DVD. Workout was 1 hour 15 minutes and I burned 450 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Morning girls. Got my butt out of bed an hour early. I am gonna work out. Gotta get back to the mornnings. I am just too whipped at night.
Going to do legs..
I feeling fat.. Aunt Flo doesn't help, but i have to get back to consistent here..
One more vup of java and to the basement..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Workout in:
squats
Warmup set of 20 reps 40#
60# 3/15
front lunges onto an incline
40# 3-15
static lunges
40#3-15
plea squats
40# 3-15
calf raises
3-20
fire walkers
I feel better, I think heart rate goes up like cardio on the leg work..
Bath and time off to work.
Have great work outs.
Chest has unthawed finally..

Anne
AKA
Storm

Woke up with an atrocious headache. I was going to go back to bed and say screw my workout but of course I didn't. Kind of glad I didn't because my workout turned out good and I had a couple personal bests again. Still have a lingering headache, though.

This workout was tough but I did well with it.

1:30 min. rest between each superset

[font color=green]SS #1[/font]
[font color=indigo]BACK/CHEST[/font]
Close Grip Pullups: 10/8/7/6
superset w/
Incline Barbell Bench Press:
100# - 8/8/8/8 - PB
[font color=blue]****Could not believe I did so well with my pullups. I just did not feel like I had much strength in me this morning. Was pleased with the incline press as well.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #2[/font]
[font color=indigo]QUADS-LOW BACK/SHOULDERS[/font]
Traditional Deadlifts:
65# - 8/8/8/8 - up 5#
superset w/
Dummbell Upright Rows:
27's - 8/8/8/8 - up 2#
[font color=blue]****I really love traditional deads. I feel my form is spot on with these. Upright rows gave me a huge burn with the last two sets.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #3[/font]
[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS/TRICEPS[/font]
SLDL's:
90# - 8/8/8/8
superset w/
Lying Dumbbell Extensions:
25's - 8/8/8/8 - PB
[font color=blue]****Was so excited to do lying extensions with 25# dumbbells. Last set was a struggle but the first three seemed fairly easy.[/font]

That is all....

Hope you all have a good day and some kick ass workouts!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I am not sure why I am up again to 119 pounds. My eating has been right on and my workouts longer and more cardio too! I am digusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I got to get on that elliptical until I run 10 mi or burn 1000 cals first, I WILL! My plan though is to do the Challenge Circuit today so I will continue to live in agony knowing there is chocolate in my house (((((((PEOPLE KEEP BRINGING OVER))))))))))) and simply not have it, and I didn't have any last night either so that is why I am digusted!!!!! My jeans don't fit.

Anyhoo, ya'll having great workouts already. Debbie, hope your headache never comes back, and you still did EXCELLENT!

Anne dahling, you are really bringing it. I see that weights are going up..that is mighty good~

Lora,

Calorie Burning Queen....how is the job?

Good Morning, I started my workout with 4Day Split Double cardio stopping at the Stretch then did Low Impact Circuit cardio only and abs. I am going to do weights in a little while. I think I am going to do the explosive Super Set workout in the December Fitness RX. I just noticed though that it says for optimum fat burning to do the weights first then cardio. Doing the the lower body last also is supposed to maximize the release of fat burning hormones. My eating has not been to good the last couple of days. Eating out to much. I ate out twice yesterday. DH came in at lunch and we went to a barbecue place and I had slice beef, corn on the cob and a few fried potato slices (shared with dh). Dinner was at Chilis and I got the grilled carribean salad. So hopefully today will be better.

Anne, great job on the workout and getting up early. See now it is out of the way:)

Charlotte, I am afraid to stand on the scale right now with all of the eating out. I am just going to try an clean it up as best I can. We will get through these holiday:)

Lora, good calorie burn:) I have been meaning to tell you that watching and doing parts of the Yoga back pain dvd you gave me have been helpful. I think some of it was just learning form. It is informational even if it is kind of dull. I should be getting Ana and Ravis Yoga House Call today:)

Debbie, good job getting that workout in with the headache. I had a headache when I woke this morning too. You really hit those triceps heavy:) I have used 20's. I don't think I could lift 25's:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Deb, tell me you used 2-25's for the tri's???
OMG.. I am blown.

I can go heavier on legs, just afraid of the back. If i only had a smith machine..Scared to hurt myself..It is the getting it up there safely. I don't have Deb's muscles..

Char, a 1000 calories. Go eat a pizza..

You guys think it is hard. I keep getting candy, chocolates and baked goods here..
I have been really good and not eaten much..Piece here and there.. It is hard...
I am eating left over meat loaf for breakfast.. LOl..

Deb, is CC#7 harder than 6??
May have to buy it..

Anne
AKA
Storm

Lora, Storm, Debbie, Diane Sue - nice workouts this morning!

It has been SO CRAZY here over the holidays. I will be glad when it's over, even though I love Christmas! :D

I'll post my last few workouts later today. I also do legs tonight :)

By the way, since incepting Keto 3-1/2 weeks ago I am down 5 pounds :D Keto is really working well for me :)

Have a nice day everyone! :)

If I eat one chocolate chip cookie before going to bed..guaranteed I will gain a pound. So I say if anyone is gonna eat one then you better do a cardio coach before retiring. lol

Morning Maniacs,

I had to literally drag myself out of bed this morning. Just way to tired. But I got up and got 'er done.

Back

WG Pullups
10 - (2 unassisted, 8 assisted -gotta start somewhere)
CG Pullups
8 - (2 unassisted, 6 assisted)
Chins
8 - (2 unassisted, 6 assisted)

One Arm Rows (palms back)
12/10 - 30's (the second set was suppose to be 35's, but realized after I picked up wrong weight, no wonder they were easy)
10/8 - 35's

Incline DB Pullovers
12 - 40
10/9 - 45

Biceps

Barbell Curls
5 - 55#(felt too heavy to start, so dropped and did the next set)
10 - 50#
6/6 - 55#

Hammer Curls w/ Twist
10/10/10 - 20's(thought 20 would be easy, not!)

Reverse DB Curls
8 - 15's
10/10 - 12's
(really fought for form on these, by end of each set forearms wanted to rotate to hammer position)

Debbie - great workout, especially with a headache. I can't believe the 25's for triceps, 17 1/2 did me in the other day. Also, on this rotation - are the hammer curls standing? Cathe does them on the ball.

Char - I haven't even gotten on the scale lately, drives me too crazy!

Anne & Lora - great workout!

Well, the cards are done, so I am off to hopefully finish my shopping!(if people stop adding things at the last minute!)

Have a great day and an even better workout!
Linda

Morning Maniacs! Did 30 min. on the treadmill and Ab ripper X. Got on the scale and was down 2lbs... BUT, we all know tomorrow it could go right back up. I've really been trying to eat light, plus the extra cardio in the mornings. I've been eating hardly nothing for dinner..Orange, milk, nuts. WHY, WHY, WHY is it so hard to lose a few pounds? Like Char says, It only takes one cookie to gain a pound. LOL! Speaking of cookies. I made some healthy cookies to try and ward off the craving for all this junk people ((((KEEP BRINGING ME))))))). It's helping some. A plate full of healthy cookies is better than a plate full of crisco infesting cookies, right? ROFL!

Great workouts everyone! We're gonna need em the next couple of weeks!!!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd chime in real quick! I thought I was getting better, WRONG...now I'm getting some kind of sore throat and stuffiness. UGH! I think it's my sinuses. My entire face hurts.

Charlotte on the chocolates, yeah...here at work everyone is bringing something...but I've done good here, probably because I've been sick. Even at home my eating hasn't been that bad like I told you before, so I don't know what's up with my weight...except the fact that it's up. UHG!

I'm not giving up though...no way!!! I will do one of the 4DS tonight, I think hubby and I are going to start working out together and he's gonna make sure I get my weights in, and he can spot me with anything heavy! He's a good trainer for me. He knows what he's doing and I trust him, so we'll see!

WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE!!!

Later, hope you all have a great day!!!

Lora - Great going on your workout. I take it you can't be online when you're at work?

Anne - Did you see my post from yesterday about my hair? I still need your help! :) Nice workout this morning. Glad you are getting them in early! At least they are done and over with, right? And yes, I used 2 - 25# dummbells for triceps. :D Cardio Coach #7 is more running endurance versus shorter sprints and climbs. I love it, it's my favorite.

Char - My weight is up right now too. I hate it but I'm trying not to stress over it. It's inevitable this time of year. I'm enjoying the candies and cookies. It will all be over soon. And also, sometimes too much cardio backfires. You're body is trying to store fat because you are putting it in starvation mode.

Diane Sue - Great workout! Have fun with your weights later. You have the energy of the energizer bunny! Geez girl!

Penney - Good to see you! Have been worried about you girl!

Linda - Nice workout and impressive poundage! Yes, hammer curls are done standing.

Dallys - Congrats on the 2# loss! It is hard losing weight, especially this time of year. You've been doing Ab Ripper a lot, huh?

Sandy - Hope you don't get sick. Up that Vitamin C pronto!

Hey again! Taking a diet pepsi break.:+ [font color=red size=-4]Plus a cookie![/font]

Deb- I've been doing Ab ripper 2-3 times a week, plus Core Synergistiscs once, which is a great ab/core workout. You would not believe how weak I've let my abs get! It's so easy for me to say, "I'll just do abs later or tomorrow" and then I never do. LOL!

Sandy- Sorry you are still sick! Hope you get better soon.

Dang! Back to work...

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Bionics,

You are sick! :p }( I seen that...."cookie". LMAO!

Debbie,

I don't get what your saying with the cardio. I thought your body starves itself when you don't eat every 3-4 hours, what does cardio have to do with the starvation. I really wanna know. Like your input on this. Curious.

Char - You are burning a lot of calories doing cardio and weights all in one day. You need to figure out if you are taking in enough calories to support this kind of physical activity. If you aren't, your body will hold on to as much fat as it can. Not that you're fat - by no means - but you get the idea. And I know you eat every 3-4 hours, but are you eating enough? I know when I cut way back on my cardio and lowered my carbs, my body dropped body fat incredibly fast and I lost pounds too. However, that's how my body is, I don't need much cardio to lose weight or body fat. It always seems to back fire on me when I do more cardio. I've started doing 2 1/2 hrs. of cardio a week with this new rotation versus 2 hrs. that I was doing and I've already gained 4#. Coincidence? I'm not sure.

Deb,

That makes sense. I know though that I normally do not do much cardio and cut my carbs and I have no problems..maybe I should just go back to that again??? I probably am not eating enough thru the course of day so if I wanna burn more then I am gonna have to make myself eat more protein to make up for it. This scares me though. I think right now my body is confused.

Deb, you probably need a flat iron. If you can't straighten it with your fingers and a dryer.. I did answer you the other day..

I just got back from the doctor. Needed my immatrex and i got some zanex.. My nerves are shot...
My doc asked me if i wanted the daily stufff????
I said no..Just need to get through this building..

OMG.. I had rat poisin under my laundry sink and it has been eaten. I am going to have a fit..

Anne
AKA
Storm

I finished up my workout. Had to go out and get the cold stuff that I did not buy yesterday since our power was out. I did the Fitness RX Explosive SuperSet workout then did Amy Bento's Slo Mo short on time upper premix. I finished with Ana and Ravis Yoga House Call anti arthritis and happiness(not sure the name) segments. This was interesting. I think all of the breathing left me feeling less tense when it was done. My mouth was dry and some of the moves were actually tiring. Today so far I have eaten two salads. The first with turkey and fat free ranch dressing mixed with low carb bbq sauce and the second had mixed greens, spinach, mushrooms and figs with a balsamic vinegrette. I have drank lots of green tea today. I have been trying to fight off a cold and sinus thing.
Super Sets were done in sets of 12 reps each done fast and explosive. 1 min rest between supersets I think it will be better next time as I was trying to figure out what weight I could do with good form.
ss 1 repeated twice
bench press Bowflex 60lb each hand 12 reps followed by
Bowflex row 60lb each hand 12 reps
ss 2 repeated twice
Bowflex wide lat pulldowns 160lb 12 reps 1st set 120lb 2nd set(it was to hard to do fast and explosive at 160
followed by upright rows 40lb barbell 12 reps
ss 3 dumbbell incline curls i didi 3 sets of this ss.(I did both hands at once and it was supposed to be alternating) 20lb dumbbells 12 reps
followed by Bowflex triceps pushdowns 80lbs
crunches 12 reps (I did decline crunches with 15lb)
followed by stability ball back extensions 12 reps I used a 5lb plate
I did 3 sets of these the first with no weight then decided it needed something
I finished off with 50 calf raises with 20lb dumbbells

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.