Hardcore Fitness Manic Hotties for 12/31

Today was Pyramid Back work mixed with Muscle Max Back work and then Pyramid Bicep work mixed with Muscle Max Bicep work.

O - M - G!!!

Talk about an intense workout. I usually never sweat during weight training unless its 90 degrees out, but since I've started doing Cathe again I am drenched when I get done.

Had an excellent workout even though I woke up with a headache.

BACK
Pyramid workout:
Pullovers: 25#/30#/35#/30#/25#
ss w/
Double Arm Rows: 20's/22's/25's/22's/20's

Muscle Max workout:
Barbell Rows: 55# - 2 sets/15 reps
One Arm Rows: 30# - 8 reps w/different speed counts.
***These killed me. I should have used a 25# dumbbell.
Pullovers: 30# - 10 reps 4/4 ct.
***Should have used 35#.

BICEP
Pyramid workout:
Hammer Curls: 15's/17's/20's/15's/12's
ss w/
Traditional DB Curls: 15's/17's/20's/15's/12'ss
***Wow. Thats all I have to say. I did take a little bit longer break then Cathe. I had too.

Muscle Max workout:
Barbell Curls: 40# - 8 reps 4/4 ct.; 45# - 6 reps 4/4 ct.
***Was surprised how strong I felt here after the Pyramid workout. Should have used 45# for both sets.
Dumbbell Partial reps: 10's - 8 partials up then down; 4 partials up then down; 4 reps 4/4 ct. all the way up and down.
***These burned.

That is all...

I am wiped out.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well my cat just made me lose everything I just typed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: She laid her fat body all over the keyboard. I just screamed at her and now feel bad.

Today I am gonna do the Pyramid/MM Chest and Tricep work from Deb's rotation. I already took my rest days. :p

Debbie,

Great job! Great when workouts make you sweat like that. I think Cathe's workouts really get you good with all the slow counts and such.

Diane Sue,

Yeah, miss Lora's post with the reviews and such too. Now I feel lost not knowing what to buy:eek: I have enough perfumes though to last many lifetimes. I wonder if Villianess will come out with Ms. Edith again. I love that soap. Another one is Black Out, but you have to get it on another site...MagicalOmaha.com. If I go on that site, and my son sees that I have, he will ask me all kinds of questions and look at me with this:confused: look.

Morning everyone,

Well, I have to begin this day with a not so happy event. Around noontime we are going to visit my Aunt & Uncle who are up from Florida and this may be the last time I ever see my Uncle. Fifteen months ago my uncle was given 18 months to live, he is not doing well at this time.

Okay, enough, hear is what I did this morning.

Superset A
Bulgarian Split Squats
8/8/8 - 25's
Dips w/ Knees up (at chest level, leaning forward)
5/5/5
***afterwards I double checked and realized this was suppose to be 15/15/15 and I had typed it wrong. Those reps weren't happening anyway, not sure I could have done more than the 5.:p****

Superset B
Chin ups w/ knee ups
7/7/7
***felt really strong on these today, even bumped my head, probably because there weren't proceeded by a ton of pushups!****
Step Ups
8/8/8 - 30's

Superset C
SB Jackknife
15/15/15
***these were suppose to be 20/20/20, but my shoulders start to burn and my form suffers and the added reps just aren't worth my low back***
X-Body Mountain Climbers
12/12/12
Side Plank w/ Leg Raise
10/10/10 per side

Then interval cardio at a 60/60 ratio using Bootcamp for six rounds, then the stretch from Amy's In the Ring and few extra stretches added. W/O was 1:15 and I burned 523 calories.:D

Char - LMAO about your cat!! OMG, that is too funny!!! I know it wasn't funny for you, but to read what you wrote cracked me up!

Linda - Excellent job on the workout. OMG on the 25 reps. I'm glad that was a misprint! Sorry you had to do all that until you found out it was only 15. Yikes! Sorry to hear about your uncle. {{{hugs}}}

Well, I'm outa here. Wishing you all a very

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Morning Ladies - how are you all?

It has a been a while since I posted. I have been working out quite hard. Saturday I did pyramid body - both workouts, upper and lower. Sunday Ran. Monday I did gutts and butts. Tuesday I did interval X. Today I did pyramid upper body. Tomorrow I am running in a 5k -- should be fun.

Take care.

Linda - I sent you a PM.

Hey Maniacs! This morning I did Lauren Brooks Joint Mobility and 40 min. Kettlebell work. I then did SS Slim & Limber stretch. This kettlebell workout is plenty for me right now. I am not ready for heavier swings yet. My hr goes through the roof with these with the 18lber.

Here's the damages:

[FONT=&quot]Joint Mobility[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Warmup (approximately 6 minutes)

40-Minute Workout

Round 1:
Suitcase deadlift 26#kb
2 handed swings 18#kb
1 min rest

Round 2:

1-arm row 26#kb
Alternating swings (1 minute) 18#kb
1 min rest
Repeat rounds 1 and 2

Round 3:
Front Squat 26#kb
Clean and Press 18#kb
1 min rest

Round 4:
Tricep Pushups (using perfect pushup stands)
Squat Thrusts
Overhead Swings (1 minute) 18#kb
1 min rest
Repeat rounds 3 and 4

Round 5:
Back Lunges 18#kb and valslides
Alternating cleans 18#kb
Mountain Climbers valslides
1 min rest

Round 6:

High Pull, catch, Squat 18#kb
2-Handed Swing [/FONT][FONT=&quot]18#kb[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Alternating swings 18#kb
1 min rest
Repeat rounds 5 and 6

Round 7:
Abdominal work consisting of pullover to crunch 10# db
Russian twist 18#kb

[/FONT]Debbie- Wasn't fun coming up with that killer workout not knowing how crazy you really are, lol!;)

Linda- Sorry about your Uncle.:(

Toasty- That darn cat!:p

Ally- Nice to hear from you again! Tell us how the 5k goes. Good luck!

Sonya- Yeah for Oregon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saw your son!:cool: What a game, eh? Watch for the Chic Fil A game tonight, we'll be wantin' LSU to win that one;). Pm'd you.

I'm listening to Neil Young's new CD "Sugar Mountain-Live At Caterbury House 1968". It's fantastic! Go buy it NOW!;)

Later peeps...

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
My workout went like this: 2 minute w/up then Kettle Bell Way 2 Empire State Joint Mobility, workout, and one round of the manmaker segment
icon_eek.gif
I then did all of Tracey's Core Blast and Keli Roberts Flexibility for the Inflexible foam roller. Total calories burned was 985.
Total calories burned with kettlebell way2,joint mobility, and the manmaker segment was 604 and workout time was 1hr 3 minutes I did high knees running during the rests.
Joint mobility disc 2
W/up round mountain climbers no weight,russian twist 15#, chest press 2 15's
round 1 swings 20#,half get up 15#, suitcase row 2 20's (repeated this round
round 2 lunge cocktail 25#, side plank no weight, super plank no weight
round 3 squat 20#(anthony used 2 kb's), bottom windmill 15#, crush curl 25#
round 4 1 leg deadlift to row 2 20's, janda sit up no weight, tricep extension 25#
round 5 overhead lunge 15#, figure 8 hold 25#, clean and press 15#
6 suitcase deadlift 2 20#, punch matrix no weight, side snatch 15#
7 hand to hand sumo 35#, pullover to sit up get up 25#, hot potato 15#
8 super burpee 15#, banana roll no weight, tricep push ups no weight
bonus round 4 minutes snatch
Manmaker segment; This was 3 moves at 2 minutes each with active rests. First move I can't put a name to so will try to describe it (Iused 2 15# kettlebells) You lay two kettlebells on their side and do a pushup with hands on them, grab one and do a row, then push up and do a row on the other side then squat thrust grab the kettlebell handles and come up to a clean and press then repeat for 2 minutes.
active rest is an up dog move to a down dog
Swings for 2 minutes both hands, left, right , and alternating I used 15#
active rest
Crush Curls like in providence where you do the full tricep bicep move, then biceps, then triceps, then full again. I used 25#
active rest

Charlotte, I need to order some more soaps. I am on my last sample bar of Sexy Peel Soap from Lush. They have some nice sounding scents at Villainess. I was looking at there stuff the other day.
Lora did get me to spend some extra money but I got some good stuff:D

Dallys, Anthony at Art of Strength has a good clip on form doing swings on the latest moment of strength segment. He says not to do overhead swings stop around the shoulder. I know when I did Lauren Brooks I wondered about the overhead swing. Especially since my right shoulder was already bothering me. My range of motion is so much better in that shoulder now. At first it hurt with the kettlebells but now it is improving from where it was before I started. I like those joint mobility w/ups too. Empire State has a really good one and Anthony explains the moves and what they are for really well.

Linda, sorry about your Uncle. Hopefully these last visits will not be too painful for all of you. Nice workout:)

Ally, good to hear you are still getting in great workouts:)

Debbie, hope that headache goes away. Enjoy the New Year!

Last edited:
OMG I just lost my post, not once but twice! :mad: and I don't own a cat! Had a late night last night and didn't sleep well so dealing with slight headache and moving slow....I'll use that as my excuse!

Dally's...Yea Ducks! Thanks...very exciting! DS will be home this afternoon and stays until Sunday. Having a party Friday to celebrate the season. Will be rootin' for LSU today. Course the game I can't wait for is the National Championship.....GO SOONERS! In NFL action my Chargers play the Colts on Saturday!

Plan on doing back/bicep workout from Debbie's rotation. That will defintely be later...after a nap :D

Dallys, Anthony at Art of Strength has a good clip on form doing swings on the latest moment of strength segment. He says not to do overhead swings stop around the shoulder. I know when I did Lauren Brooks I wondered about the overhead swing. Especially since my right shoulder was already bothering me. My range of motion is so much better in that shoulder now. At first it hurt with the kettlebells but now it is improving from where it was before I started. I like those joint mobility w/ups too. Empire State has a really good one and Anthony explains the moves and what they are for really well.

I saw that clip and wondered about it because Lauren does them. It'd be interesting to hear what she says about them. I might just not do them since he says there is no purpose. Great workout by the way!

Thanks for all the kind words. Just back from the visit and I have to say my uncle looks great. But he says looks are deceiving, so I know he is not feeling that well because he is not a complainer. If I do not get to see him again, I will truly cherish this visit with him today!:D

Hello friends!

Well, there has been no action in my workout room today as of yet. I know that surprises you! Can you believe how lazy I am? I had a loooong talk with my high school boyfriend yesterday (crazy, huh?) and he asked me when I became this fitness nut because he said, "No offense but I don't remember you being very active." Haha! I told him that I can be kinda lazy when I'm not working out. :p My sister asked if he didn't remember all of the things I was involved in in high school. I was like, "Oh yeah". How can he not remember all of that? I was involved in EVERYTHING! I was pretty darn active. He must only remember my dedication to him until I broke his heart. Bless him.

I am getting ready to hit the Suz Gym though.

Linda - I'm sorry about your uncle. :( I'm glad you got to see him.

Ally - Good luck on your 5K!!!!! How fun! I love holiday 5K's!

You guys are killin' me with the KB workouts. I WANNA DO THEM! But I'm going to be smart and resist. I've been told it's a bad idea. I will ask Gregg when I get back to work just to be sure but I can almost feel the pain in my shoulder just thinking about it.

I've attached a new picture of Chewie. :)

Okay, off to...well, nevermind.

Attachments

• Chewielatest.jpg
    Chewielatest.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 7
Finished my workout. Was stalling and got into alittle later, but I am finished.

Did double ab work..both ab workouts from 4DS. Then Pyramid Chest in which I did all the weight work as Cathe did. Tricep work, I did 8, 10, 12's for kickbacks and for seated overhead presses did 15's, 20's and 25's.

MM: completed all pushups
DB Flies with 25's and 2 sets, but forgot how many times already. lol
completed another set of pushups

Overhead Presses 35# then had to drop to 30's after 2 reps and finished off and did another set.

Dips (2 sets)

Band Kickbacks with my shortie yellow band (my bands are very short so I use yellow cuz it has the least resistance). Finished all of those..burner.

My cat is on my lap again. I need to hurry before I lose this information. She is obsessed for affection. Most loving cat ever.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! BE SAFE!!!

I've attached a new picture of Chewie. :)

Okay, off to...well, nevermind.

How are you attaching photos? It never works for me. Is there a trick? Do we have to re-size EVERY picture?

I press 'post reply' and scroll down to 'attachments' go to 'browse' find my picture, and then it says failure to load.:(

Last edited:
I finally did some cardio people! I did Cardio Coach Press Play. That one always kicks my tushie so I figured that would be a good one. I want to at least do biceps since I'm behind and if I don't do them then tomorrow I will have to do biceps, chest & back, legs and cardio! Yikes!!! But after CC we went out to dinner and now here I sit again. Chewie was giving Gizmo some "what for" and really hurt Gizmo's feelings so I have been sitting with Gizmo trying to help him feel better and you know how that goes.

Charlotte - Nice workout!!! How long did that take you???

Dallys - I never resize my photos. I do just like what you said you do. I hit the little paperclip and then go to Browse and then Upload and then there it is. Hmmmm... That picture is 91.5KB that I posted earlier.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.