HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS WEEKEND JUNE 26 - 27

NO workout yesterday and there will not be one today. I am going to do kb's on Sunday. I think I am going to go to a 5 day a week workout schedule (especially for summer) taking Friday and Saturday off (unless I feel like working out....). I am going to order the Turbo Fire set next week, I need to get some more kettlebells, and then there is the Fight Circuit coming out.......I will be lost in choices again :)

Hermia-I have had a BOSU for some time and just started using it more. Mindy Mylrea has some great workouts that are freakin' intense. I am sure I am totally underestimating what I can do w/ it, but I use it mainly for cardio right now. I think it is a great investment, it takes basic step videos to a whole new level.

I got my workout in pretty late last night. That's been happening all week. If all of the rounds had been as intense as the first 2, it would have been puke status, no doubt ;) . Interruptions though. This workout may have set a record for that. Without them, it was 40 minutes (10 rounds) and still a good workout but ... :confused: I had more planned, but was getting sort of frustrated and having a hard time staying focused. It should be calmer today (I hope), and I have Gym Style Chest/Triceps planned, plus some floorwork and kb's. I am tired and should spend some time on yardwork and ... I think I better make (yet another) infamous "To Do" list (so it can sit there accusingly and mock me me at the end of the day :p). I also think I am not in the best of moods right now. Maybe a drop set of push ups is just what I need :confused:

Roselyn - That's a long history to have with friends (K - Graduation). Wow. Imax 2 and a party sounds like a great way to spend a day :)

Hermia - Your comment to Diane Sue: "I have this mental image of you ducking into your workout room to sneak a few minutes in when they think you're in the bathroom or something. teehee =)" - :D - I had the same thought. Very funny - "Where's Diane Sue?" - "I don't know ... but did you just hear someone say, 'This is a blast so act like you're having one?' Odd ... " :p ;) .

I tend to get at least some of my workouts in pretty late. More so since DS has been out of school. I like it in a way. My energy level seems better and sometimes I think I'm much stronger. But too, I have this nagging feeling for a lot of the day that I'm waiting for my chance to get in there and workout (because, well ... I am :confused:) The stress relief and energy and clarity - all that which comes from a good workout - I kind of need it a little earlier than 9 o'clock (or 10 or 11) at night. In a perfect world (why do I even use that term?) I'd work out twice a day - a lot more often than I do. Sometimes those days fall into place - I should just appreciate them when they do.

So glad you found a yoga class you really like/challenges you. And thanks for mentioning your goal to get 2 workouts in this weekend. I feel like throwing in the towel today. Weird. Sort of been like this all week - maybe longer. So, I'm on board with you and will keep with my schedule.

I've never regretted purchasing STS. Every one of the disks stands as a solid workout in itself (imo). I've done a 5 1/2 month rotation and an undualting rotation. I have also just pulled out individual workouts and used them. I think every Meso has its merits. Good for you in being cautious, though. I am - by necessity. If I had unlimited cash flow, I have no idea where I'd keep all the equipment and videos, etc. So, that's good - right?

Enjoy your weekend, Theresa. Read what you said about the Bosu (you and Diane Sue, boy - sure making it tough ;)). Must - stay - focused - ! I am concentrating on kb's (or want to be). ... Bosu though ... hmmm. :confused:

Lora - Listened to some Papa Roach for part of my workout - midway, DS and his buddy did a divide and conquer on my music source :confused: It was good for awhile, though. Music like that seems to helps me get rid of any negative energy that might be built up somewhere. I think you had a lighter workout planned. Hope you enjoyed it and are having a good day :)

~ Lori

Last edited:
I got in my workout. As usual my calorie burn wasn't near what I felt it should but it was the most I have had with any of the terminators aand Hardcores with this FT60 HR monitor. Viper was 79 minutes and calorie burn was 565 Max HR was 170. It stayed around 115 through the w/up
icon_confused.gif
Then I did Brook Benton's Kettlebell Butts and Guts Express Abs 8 minutes 45 calories with a 20# kettlebell, I followed with Bobs Workout #1 first group of exercises twice 12 minutes 101 calories. THis was handwalks, burpees, 3 set ascending weights 10 kettlebells swings 15#, 20#, 25#.,
renegade row with feet elevated, BW lunge, push ups to side t planks with 5pounddumbbell. Finished with Tracey's Yoga Solutions post cardio. 11 minutes 23 calories. Workout time was 1 hr 50 minutes and calories burned was 734. We went to the birthday party then out for frozen yogurt. Stopped at Khol's and finished off going to look at iphones. Think we may wait awhile for the new ones. I have to go get some things done since we have been gone most of the day.

Diane Sue - :eek: I'll say you got your workout in. Yeow. That was a ton of good work - my head's spinning a little.

I did Gym Style Chest and Triceps. Spent quite awhile setting up an account for DS on Facebook (all his friends are on there). I broke down and set up a page for myself too. He didn't appreciate my leaning over his shoulder and asking him to look up old friends of mine. I can't blame him. I will not likely spend much time with it (I BETTER not), but it looks like most of my family's there - so ...

I'm going to try and "finish" my workout this evening. I should at least get in the floorwork I missed the other day. I think tomorrow I will plan another interval workout (maybe use something like the one I did last time - it was pretty good - tough ;) )

I hope you are all having a good day.

~ Lori

Lori-join our Hardcore Forum on facebook. We have a great group of ladies on that forum too. I'll get the request, also we can be friends :D

Hi Maniacs -

This morning I did Turbo Fire HIIT 25" workout followed by Extreme Cardio Dance - Hip Hop. Workout was 60" and I burned 680 calories. Caught my max HR at 173 only once during TF and the highest it got on my strapless was 163. I almost had an asthma attack. It's very humid here and I think I have lots of junk in my lungs. The strap on the monitor felt like it was cutting my airway off...but it was actually probably just my asthma.....so I guess I got it high enough. The dance DVD was similar to Hip Hop Abs. Pretty decent.

I think I might like the Fire workouts a bit more than the HIIT ones since they are more like intense kickboxing than athletic drills. This HIIT one was more like athletic drills. I did most of them on the Rebounder to spare my side and back.

I also did PM yoga and the 10 minute TF stretch.

Have great workouts everyone.

Lori - please be sure and friend me over at FB! I'd love to have you as a friend!

:confused: Hi. Late to be checking in. The gas guage on our truck must not be working ... do I need to say more? It's been a day like that. Did get some gardening done. Did get a workout done. A very TOUGH and :p and :) workout. I did intervals (25/15 for 93 rounds) It came in at just over an hour. This didn't include warm up or cool down. I was pushing hard that whole time, though. Read an article yesterday about an ultra-marathoner (Cave Dog), in an old Runner's World Magazine. His workout's are measure in DAYS - not minutes or hours. Pretty amazing human being. His story may have put a bit of a fire under my butt. I was going to post the details (what the intervals consisted of) but walking all over with that bloomin' gas can ate up a fair amount of time and I have to go pick up DS from the soccer field in a few minutes :mad: Actually, I am not really in too bad of a mood (considering), not at all in fact. Just hot and tired but I'm supposed to like that, right?

Theresa and Lora - Very happy to see your invites for Facebook! I'd love to have you as friends and join a check-in :D :D :D . That would be very :cool: How do I find you/what do I have to do? It's humid here too ... really takes it out of you, huh. Lora, you probably mentioned it but I forgot you had asthma. Good grief :confused: I don't know what my cal burn was for my workout, but I'd be very happyif it was anything like yours ;) - Since I don't know for sure, I may just go with your number.

Have a good evening everyone. Gotta go get DS.

Lori

No workout today. We have been busy with our granddaughters all weekend. DH took us to the Mall this afternoon shopping for Nana:D He gave them some spending money too. Funny thing was I was joking when I said we could go buy Nana a new wardrobe. I ended up with a bunch of shirts from The Buckle, a pair of Reeboks, some Naturalizer sandals, A Dooney and Bourke Bag and Wallet/checkbook. Tried on pants but I am super picky on comfort and fit. We had a fun time. I have to get to bed because I have been up late every night and tomorrow have to start very early. Also have to take the girls back to the Mall because the girl in Aeropostale forgot to take the anti thft device off of the shirt my granddaughter bought. I will have 4 of the children here tomorrow. They may be out tomorrow to do our rain gutters. Hope it is Tuesday though.

Lori, sorry about your day. I guess you did get some extra exercise with the gas can. I am glad to hear it is not bothering you too much.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.