HARDCORE FITNESS MANIAC'S - WEEKEND AUG. 28-29

No check in yet? Wonder if I missed it somehow. Maybe just a busy weekend for everyone. It has been for me. Yesterday I did STS Meso 2, week 2 chest, shoulders and tri's (back-off sets). Very good workout. Also practiced Budokon Power and Agility for about 45 minutes (like it very much).

Today I did J. Love's Extremely Ripped 1000 Interval Premix #1 and then Cathe's Circuit Blast. I've been working on a major project in the basement: pulling up old carpet, getting rid of the crumbly cement floor underneath and re-leveling it. I'm really not even sure how I got into all this :confused: One thing led to another and all the sudden I'm committed to this 'home improvement' project. This may well be one of my least favorite things to do in the world (or so it feels right now). Will be very nice to have it done though. That carpet was very old and needed to go (probably 20 years before we even moved in). Carpet really is very HEAVY. But, I'm thinking of it as a present for DS (his birthday is tomorrow, though he won't be back until Sept. 2nd). He and his friend's use that space. He has a game table (pool and ping pong) down there. Stuff like that. Will be nice to surprise him. If he saw it right now he'd be REALLY surprised. It's in the MESS stage. Took a break to see how everyone's doing ... ? Guess I should get back to work :(

Have a good weekend -

Lori

Lori, how ambitious of you! Good for you for taking on that project; I'm sure you and your son will both be happy about the end product!

Yesterday's workout was Amy's Cardio Pump Hi/Lo and then afterwards, for a little more legs, I did a set of squats, firewalkers, and low lunges from B&G. That Amy workout is not really that intense, normally, but I think the week really had me fried, so it felt fairly challenging.

I spent most of today out and about with Mark (fiance) and then did schoolwork, which didn't end up leaving much workout time. I did half an hour from MTV Power Yoga and then some stretching on my own for maybe fifteen minutes.

I am getting ready to go do some cardio in a little bit. Yesterday was my rest day. We had lots to do. We went on a bike "motorcycle" ride with our son in laws parents and a group from their church and had a stop for breakfast. Then we went from there around a lake near their house and took a walk out onto the dam. It was fun:D Our grandson called and wanted us to come to his football game so we ran home and got things together to go to that. It was hot. Still 93 degrees.

Lori, that is a big project. I bet your son will like it:D Nice workout choices:D I have looked at Jari's lean machine that is supposed to come out. I think only the first workout is new. The second uses some weight segments from her Body Rock dvd. I will probably purchase it when it comes out anyway. They are usually not that much. It looks like all weights with a dancey feel. That is just the impression I got when I watched the clip.

Hermia, I bet you are busy with your fiance. Glad you got the workout in. Nice addition to Amy's workout:D

Diane Sue - What a fun day - So ... you've joined a motorcycle gang??!! ;) Glad you're enjoying the bike. When I was married (in my twenties), my husband had one. I remember we had a lot of fun -- it was such a 'free' feeling. I also remember my bum got pretty sore on long rides :confused: Maybe seat technology has improved. Have a good workout :D

Hermia - The only cardio I have from Amy is a couple of her kickbox dvd's. I've gone through periods where just getting in something - anything, is the best I can do and good enough. With your fiance and school, I'll bet you don't have a whole lot of time or energy to spare. Happy to see you here :D and I think you're hanging in there REALLY well. The leg work you chose was no cakewalk -- duh -- and hence the name ~ firewalk :p -- There were some of those in Circuit Blast. I don't think they ever get any easier. I could use some yoga and stretching today - never a bad idea :D

I'm really not sure what I'm going to do today. Back and Biceps are scheduled - and lighter cardio -- yoga and foam rolling would be wise, I think. I don't really have any doms, just feel general weariness (guess that word will work). Today is DS's birthday. I miss him - but have heard from him and he's having an incredible time. Picked up his birthday present last night. It is a menacing stereo. 540 watts with woofers and tweeters and who knows what else :eek: I didn't know/appreciate the signifigance of any of this really - just knew it was the one DS has wanted for months. The cashier was a younger guy and he told me ALL about it - liked it very much (that can't be good). After he commented on how LOUD it could be, I tried to 'casually' ask if they sold ear plugs anywhere ... ??? :rolleyes: But. I don't suppose those would help that much, on account of the vibrations - I'll still be able to feel/see the entire house shaking :confused: Ah well. The teenage years have officially descended upon us -- woo hoo :p

Have a great Sunday.

Lori

My workout this morning was Turbo Fire Hiit 30, 31 minutes, 171 Max HR, 247 calories. Then I did Lauren Brooks workut #2 Killer Abs using 15,20, and 25# kettlebells. I finished off with Bob Harper's Yoga Warrior 55 minutes( stopped here there is a few more minutes) 213 calories burned. Total workout was 99 minutes and calories burned was 536.

Thanks, Diane and Lori. =)

Tonight's workout was Supersets. I wanted to get it in a tad sooner, but fiance was doing his eliptical in the workout room. He's decided on this new motivational thing, and it really works for him. He has a book to read while he's on the eliptical and he can only read it then. He's into the book, so it's motivating him to workout--he got on his eliptical twice today! =) It's not how I would motivate, but I'm soooo glad it's working for him.

Hermia - It's interesting how different things can work so well for some people but not other's (as far as the motivation thing you were talking about). That would never work for me, either -- but no doubt, some of the 'tricks' I use to get myself going would leave other people pretty :confused: . Good on you for getting in the workout :D Supersets is one I don't have. Did you decide whether or not to order Cathe's new workouts?

Roselyn - Hope you enjoyed your rest day (and weekend).

Diane Sue - Like how you got in TF, kettlebells AND yoga :D Very good workout. I had planned on doing some yoga this evening to relax -- but, I don't think I have enough energy to relax at this point :confused: Maybe just a (very) long hold child pose ...

Today I did STS week 2 meso 2 back and bi's - and that was all. May have hit some new records on pull-ups and also barbell bent rows. By the time I got to biceps I was pooping out though. Worked a lot on the house today. Talked to DS and got to wish him Happy Birthday. He's having a great time and spending much of his day boogie boarding. He's coming back on the 2nd. Hopefully I'll have the basement floor at least looking like a floor again. Right now, it looks like a topographical map of some mountain range :confused: No kidding. I sort of feel like Paul Bunyun [?] . But instead of Babe the Big Blue Ox, I have Skyler, the goofy little Beagle ... Sort of botched that classic, didn't I ? :p

Good Night -

Lori

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.