Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Sept 5

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did my Jillian Backside Circuit ......and my hamstrings are a bit sore and fatigued from that interval cycle workout or cirucit the other day. This workout had 1.5 minutes of bicep curls while doing jumping jacks. This was hard. I had to break at about the minute mark and restart. I did the stretch from Fitness Fix. Total workout with stretch was 1 hour and 20 minutes and I burned 467 calories. I was famished upon finishing and had to have a snack.

My migraine is back.............ugh. I'm going to apply at a few stores that are hiring for the Holidays this morning.

Have great workouts everyone.

Deb & Charlotte (and other rock ladies) - forgot to mention - they just announced a Halloween Bash concert for 10-27 (Saturday) for Puddle of Mudd and Saliva to play in big ol' Youngstown (like 10 minutes from my house). Tickets go on sale Saturday....but not sure I can convince the DH to go.) I think the show will kick butt!

Deb - do you have that song downloaded from Saliva's latest......King of the Stereo? It rocks. I've been debating getting the latest Saliva, but it has a lot of slower ballads on it....so I'm not sure, but this song sure does rock.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I worked back last night and did ab ripper x after work. I was gonna work shoulders, but even my back workout was not as good..lack of energy. I only did 3 sets/4 for chin ups. I usually do at least 7-9. Still did lawnmowers with 40's and pullovers with 45# db. Brought my latpulldowns to 70# 3 sets/10, but at least I did a workout. Today I have my house to clean and FIL's plus errands and then work tonight. Lawd! lol. So I gotta go soon.

Lora,

I still have not heard that band Saliva yet. Oh, we have decided to spread my hubby's mothers ashes and his dad on Virginia Beach. Hubby's aunt is gonna freak out though. lol. Then we are going to Busch Gardens for the Halloscream as we need a vacation from all of this.

Toasty - don't mean to sound stupid....but do you mean Busch Gardens in Florida? or do you have one around there? When are you going? Good for you.....you guys deserve it after going thru all of this! Saliva rocks. I have a couple of their CD's....Survival of the Sickest, Every Six Seconds and another one that I haven't really listened to yet. You probably have heard some of their songs on the radio...but don't know who sings them.

Good Morning, I am getting ready to take my granddaughters to school soon. I started my workout this morning with the Pit Lower body. I did 28 minutes and got worried I was making to much noise with all of the punching and rattling chains on the heavy bag. The dogs were making noises and I really didn't want to disturb dh sleeping. So, I did Tracey's Sweatfest Kickbox stopping at combo 7 since my granddaughters arrived and I needed to get dh breakfast. I will come back and warm up again and do some weight work. I thought it was funny that the Pit Lower body had all of the upper body work. I really think they are all somewhat total body. At 28 minutes I still had not hit any push ups yet. The lower body workout is 52 minutes. I am sure I saw some in it though when I previewed.

Lora, good luck with the job hunting. I hope you can get rid of that Migraine. I recently had one that hung on for 5 days. I was starting to dread crawling out of bed in the morning.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning was another Bicep Blast workout and Abs. Had an excellent workout and I feel awesome this morning! This is what I did:

[font color=indigo]Biceps[/font]
1:30 min. rest between everything
EZ Preacher Curls:
50# - 12 reps (up5#)
55# - 10 reps
65# - 6/5½/5 reps (up 5#, my personal best!)
50# - 12 reps
[font color=blue]***The set with 65# felt excellent. I never in a million years would have thought I'd be curling 65#. Even though my reps dropped from last week, I was psyched about this![/font]

Incline Alternate Dumbbell Curls:
22's - 12 reps (up 2#)
25's - 10 reps (up 3#)
27's - 8/6/6 (up 2#)
22's - 8 reps
[font color=blue]***By the last set I was dying. These kill me every time.[/font]

Pinwheels:
22# - 8 reps
25# - 6/7 reps (up 3#)
22# - 8 reps
[font color=blue]***These were hard today, I think because I upped my weights with everything I listed above. I was pumped by the end.[/font]

[font color=indigo]Abs[/font]
Low Impact Circuit ab work

Hello, Hardore peeps!

Lora – I hope your headache goes away soon!

Toasty – good grief you use heavy weights!

Debbie – You, too. Oh my goodness! I feel like quite the slacker. I’m hoping the both of you have been lifting for awhile. This will give me hope in thinking I can achieve this type of lifting some day!

WD – What is ‘the pit’? I have a birthday coming up and was thinking about getting a bag to use for the brief bag work on Amy’s KBX and for Cathe’s boxing series (assuming she ends up filming it!)

Yesterday I felt awful (horrible PMS; I’m going to have to talk to my doctor about getting on something for this) so I only did The Method’s Precision Toning. Hardly a 'hardcore day,' but I was just 'listening to my body.'

This morning I did CTX’s 10-10-10’s cardio followed by CTX’s All Step cardio and then the upper body only premix from Cardio and Weights. I will do abs later.

Have a great day, everybody!!

Wormwoodscrubs, here is a link to the Pit workout on Amazon with some reviews. I understand there have been some posts on it at Video Fitness. I have not seen them.

http://www.amazon.com/Pit-Workout/d...2-8562556?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1188999450&sr=8-1

Here is another one that I am thinking I would like to have. It is Real Kickboxing Bag workout It is a set of dvd's. They sell these at Amazon and Target.com. I hope Cathe comes out with hers too. I have used my bag for Amy's and repeated the bonus bag workout.
http://www.realkickboxing.com/

Good morning maniacs!

I thought I'd post before I get swamped at work again. I came in early since I'm supposed to do the cycling club group ride tonight. But I don't know...we had 20mph winds this morning. DH cancelled his ride with his buddy. If it's like that I'll still leave early but work out in the basement instead. We'll see. So my workout is still "to come".

Lora - I'm sorry about your migraine. They just suck! Good luck on the job hunt today. I used to be a makeup artist and I had this agent who would get me work with different cosmetic companies and I'd work for different ones helping the salespeople during special promotions (I would do makeovers) and I LOVED working in the big department stores in LA during the holidays. I'm wearing Peony something or other today. Yummy. :)

Char - I'm glad you're gonna take a vacation. You SO deserve it!

Diane Sue - You're going to be like Rocky soon. :)

Debbie - 65#!!!!! Good golly Miss Molly!!! :p

WormwoodScrubs - Great workout today!

Better get back to work.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

[font color=hotpink size=+2]Morning Maniacs![/font] Was going to go on a mt. bike ride, but it's rainy and lots of lightning out this morning.:( I ended up doing Y4H quickie yoga routine. I really needed some stretching...felt very tight this morning! Maybe I can go on a bike ride later today if it clears up.

[font color=green]Great workouts everyone![/font]

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - Hmmm...since most of them do head this way I bet it is. :) Our weather is set for a big cool down starting tomorrow. We're going to be in the 40's in the nightime by the weekend. Brrrr...

Poor Carma. I'm sorry you missed your bike ride. Back to the basement.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

>Dallys - Hmmm...since most of them do head this way I bet it
>is. :) Our weather is set for a big cool down starting
>tomorrow. We're going to be in the 40's in the nightime by the
>weekend. Brrrr...
>
>Poor Carma. I'm sorry you missed your bike ride. Back to the
>basement.
>
>Suz
>

Yeah, nothing like some rain to force us down to the basement on our hamster equipment. LOL!

You know what this cool weather means, don't you? Hot tub time again! Somehow that makes the cold weather more bareable.

I finished up my workout. I did another short w/up and finished Tracey's Sweatfest KickBox, then did the rest of the Pit lower body workout. No pushups. I think I may have kicked the bag kind of hard because my shins were red. Maybe I need pads. It was a good leg burner and it finished off with jump roping(I didn't use a rope) alternating 1 leg jumps then both. I went on and did Sweatfest sculpt lower body adding some weight, I stopped at the stretch and did Keli's foam roller workout doing the legs, and piraformis. Then after I rolled out all of the tightness I went back and did Tracey's stretch.

Dallys, it is raining here. I think it is supposed to rain all week.

Suz, sure, I want to look like Rocky LOL

Woodwormscrubs - (What is your name, by the way?) I've been weight training since the late 80's. Had to quit for a few years due to a back injury.

Lora - I haven't been to a concert in years. I love Saliva.

Workouts look good everyone! I don't have time for any personals. :(

Hello everyone.

No time for my workout todayx( x(

Learned a great lesson today....NEVER GET NEW HIGHLIGHTS THE DAY BEFORE A JOB INTERVIEW!! My interview is tomorrow and my hair was done today...not sure if he was trying to make me a blonde or give me lots of gray...either way my hair is no longer brown...my confidence flew out the window!!

DS & Lora -- whats with these headaches?? Yuk!

Suz- 40's that sounds really nice!

Wormwood- just finished CTX...love those:)

Have a great day everyone

I've been busy. Didn't get home from applying and being interviewed until 12:30 and then washed and waxed the car. I applied at Target, Kohls, and Penney's. I was interviewed at Target and Penneys. All they have is part-time Seasonal though. I wonder how you juggle your schedule if you have to take 2 part-time jobs?? I'm clueless.

When I was filling out the LONG online application and Skills/Personality Assessment at Target, the girl applying in the next cubicle kept asking me to help her. She didn't understand a lot......for instance....I had to explain to her what tactful meant and then she kept asking me which answer she should choose. She told me she can't get into WAlmart's cuz she can never pass the test!! Geez -- not even in high school and I'm helping someone cheat on a test! The grocery store I applied at a couple of weeks ago now has an opening in the Deli also....but I'm not sure that's for me with being a vegetarian and then there's the little hat and stuff you have to wear. The DH says he can't see me working there!

Deb - if I had a job - I'd ask if you want to drive in for the concert...but the DH is saying we don't even have a measly $25 to buy a concert ticket. However, if I get lucky and get a job before this weekend (when tickets go on sale) -- I'll PM you! ....if you'd want to drive to Youngstown for a concert. Halloween concerts are fun cuz some peeps dress up. I went to the Chili Peppers last Halloween.

Diane Sue - I wonder if your legs will get sore from The Pit?

Checkin in finally...
Did legs .all 3 sets of 10
deadlifts 60#
Squats 60#
straight leg lunges 50#
Plea squats 50#
Calf raises 50#..

All released from surgeon.
May do anything i wish again..Just supportive..
Got shots of Kenalog in my ears. Man did it fricken burn. Took the redness away though..
YES.
Still livin in a fricken bra though..

Property transfer going through Mon..
I rollin..
Then on to round 2 rezone...
Happy dance...

Hey everyone . Going to watch #23 ..
I tried once. it is wierd..
Have a great night..
Tomorrow..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.