Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Sept 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I only had time for a half hour workout as I'm working the early shift. I have to go to the doctors. I did Jillian Michaels Maximize Complete Frontside (Chest, triceps, shoulders, hips and quads). I acutally had to skip part of the end of this so I could put all of my weights away. I don't feel like I even worked out......maybe I should have just done a half hour of cardio. Oh well, live and learn.

After vacation next week, I really have to try to start getting up a bit earlier so I have a little more time to workout in the mornings. I used to get up at 2:00 but for the last few months, I've been sleeping until 2:30.

Have great workouts everyone and I'll try to check in from work. It's going to be a busy day, as I have to get Payroll entered for all of next week since I'll be on vacation. Sometimes I wonder if the stress of getting ready to leave your job and the stress of all the work piled up when you come back is actually worth it!!

Charlotte - are you around today? If so, please read my post from yesterday ........cuz I asked you a question. Hope you're okay since you didn't check in or email me.

Diana Sue - Did you like the premix on Amy's Pump and Step DVD? I think I remember you doing the longer one off of it, correct? If so, how long was it and did it work your total body good? I'm thinking about doing that as my Friday workout, but if you don't think it worked your muscles good, I may just do P90 Masters Sculpt 5-6 cuz it's a really good total body workout and you can heavy up.

Hi to everyone else.

Lora, I can not believe you get up at 2 am to work out. I would be trippin over everything.I am trying to wake up here at 5 to go and work out... Coffeeeeee.....
1/2 hr. is better than nothing, so don't beat yourself up.

Diane Sue what kind of dog? Sounds like he is going to be huge!!!

Calves got killed on hardcore extreme 3. Oh, my....
Work them legs...

Game plan is Muscle Max today...As heavy as possible. Going to get a total body in and do cardio tomorrow.

Was crankin yesterday, pms and everything was peeing me off.
I called about our road being closed still . 3 weeks overdue to open. It is waiting on guard rail which haven't been there in the 20 years that i have lived here.I told the State reps office it was costing us 40 bucks a week x-tra for gas, which is like the phone and electric bill. It is on my nerves. 4.5 mile detour.
I hate road const.Is it snowing yet? Feels like irt today. Like 47 degrees out.BRRRRR.

How high impat is Amy Bento?How does she compare to Cathe?

Well, everyone have a great day.More coffe and off to w/o. If i get moving i can get more in...

Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning Lora, Anne, and all who follow
Sorry I couldn't quckeck in later last night after the gym. I was busy studying for a history quiz we have today x(

I'll read some of lasts nights posts sometime later.

Lora- well some workout is better than know. A half hour in the morning is great! Normally you do workout longer so don't worry about it you maniac!!!

Anne- Good luck with MM today girl!!!

I have shoulders and abs planned for today. I'll try to get the brakedown later today.

Hi to Charlotte, Debbie, Annette, Shelia, Suz, Marietta, Dallys, and everyone else!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Lora-getting anything done is great! Have a good day today.

Anne- sorry for all your frustrations! Hope you have a better day today.

Adri- good luck on your quiz.

Charlotte- Hope you are doing alright, missed ya yesterday.

Sorry I didn't get back here yesterday. I seem to be having issues with my Sarcoidosis again. Alot of pain in my fingers/hands/wrists and toes/feet/ankles. There was no way I could do weights yesterday. Bummed me out, but hey, what are you going to do.
I did get up and do Imax2 this morning. Felt great and I was sweating barrels, not buckets, but barrels!LOL! I am hoping to get in tris and abs later. I might just continue and do my chest too, since that would have been the scheduled WO for today. I will have to see how the hands feel later.

I hope you all have great WO's today. BBL.
Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/150/.png[/

This morning I did some fun cardio. I started out with Step, Jump & Pump and did the step only premix. Then did the step only premix of Cardio & Weights. Wanted to do some ab workout but my abs are still really sore from the other day. I tried a crunch and almost cried! LOL!

I was in my zone for 40 minutes and burned 254 calories.

Suz- sorry about that with the ComputTrain thing. I hate the way this forum is set up, when you click to reply you only see the last message that was typed up. On other forums when you hit reply to a topic you can scroll down to the bottom and see who wrote what. Its annoying that this forum doesn't have that capability. I always forget who wrote what. Anyways, that ComputTrain thing sounds really cool! How fun!

Hi to all, I'll be back later - off to work.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Ann - It takes me a good half hour before I'm in any kind of shape to work out when I get up. Re: Amy Bento - I'd say it depends on the workout. She does have some higher impact moves like flying jacks and jumping up and down on the step, etc. I wouldn't say it' as intense as an Imax, but it's pretty advanced. Amy does whoop a lot, but I like her. She's got a LOT of energy but not to the point of being like Mindy. She's a bit hyper and she'll work you. She has a great personality also. I've conversed with her via email. She's a sweetie and she's a Cathe fan. She was at her road trip and I believe she even does her workouts.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Needed some time to myself yesterday. Having a mental day. Got alot of stuff cleaned out of the closets, etc. Can't stand packrattness.
Did my strength training and coremax 2 with 12# db for some segments. Up to 185# on squats...3 sets of 5..made my back ache alittle though. lol. Uploaded new photos. Backside is looking better from the squats..me come along ways.

Today is bike ride and cleaning.

Lora,

Please get your own tickets.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte and Debbie,
Sorry to butt in but I have some questions for you both. Did you start just doing Cathe videos as is and then just started lifting weights on the side? How long did it take you to get up to the weights you are up to-I just do Cathe videos as is and I cant lift any higher then what she is lifting in the videos but I have not tried to go off on my own. I was just wondering how long it took both of you to get where you are today-thank-you in advance.
Hi to Megadoo!!
Lisa

I forgot to say you both look GREAT!! I would love to join the check-in but I feel I dont have anything to bring to the table because like I said I do Cathes workouts as is and you guys are all HARDCORE!!!!
Lisa

Good Morning,
I slept in this morning. I stayed up till 1last night so am just getting moving. I plan on some cardio & GS BSB. I forgot I had this book of complete abs for women by Kurt Brungardt. THought I would go through it and see if I can come up with some new moves. I saw several exercises using the vkr tower.

Anne, my puppy is a great dane. She is growing so fast and bones develpoing fast. Last night and this morning she is really limping. I am not sure if she hurt herself or just hurts from growing. Last time this happened the vet had me give her a little buffered aspirin to ease the pain. If it keeps up I am going to have to take her back in.

Lora, I liked the Ultimate Premix on Amy's Step & Pump. It is 52:45 min., It repeats the steps combined doing them two times so the cardio is a little longer, does weights in a circuit type fashion between cardio segments. I believe she does the push ups segment twice as well. I did not feel like it had much lower work in it though. Those two lower segments just left me feeling like I did not do much. They could be repeated to add another 5 1/2 minutes to the workout. I liked the weights in A Team Bootcamp better but that has more impact in it.

Charlotte, I know sometimes it helps get back some focus to get off of the computer for a day or two. Also helps to get things done. Glad to see you back:) Those swimsuit pictures show off your muscle tone well. Your looking hot!!

Debbie, I know what you mean about trying to remember what everyone says when you respond. Sometimes I have to go back and edit or go back later and think "man I missed that"

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Cecil,

Wow, thanks. I started with Cathe video's only cuz I did not have a smith machine at the time and I progressed very well with her video's alone. I also did alot of walking lunges too (500 with 15# db's) which gave my quads a head start. Cathe helps you to focus really good in her videos. I did some running, getting to 6 miles as my farthest, but I really don't like to run so I did it off and on. For upper body, I have just imagine things that make me want to not give up for doing curls, etc....hanging off a cliff for dear life, etc. lol. I don't want to let go...give up, etc. I also drink alot of water when lifting too and make sure I have at least eatened three meals before I start. Just me though. Lower body I had to push myself at times and still need to. Plyometrics, bike riding, plb and legs and glute together on one day...talk about frying your legs. I have a smith machine too so I can go heavier for squats. I am also kinda a fiend about what I put in my mouth most of the time.

Diane Sue,

Thanks! I feel the same exact way about you though.

Charlotte~~

Char, you look sexy......
WOOOWWWEEEEE.
185 fricken pounds. I would break my back. I can't believe your skinny ass can do that.
I am so weak......
I am going to catch up someday.....
Ok, Great Dane is why. I thought it was a CUJO.
Your grandkids will be able to ride that boy....
Workout went well. Heavied up on everything but biceps and shoulders. Arm was feeling some pain so I lightened m up. No use in hurting myself.
Anne
http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Well -obviously someone here is not speaking to me and I must have done something to offend them........so I won't be checking in any longer. I don't need this in my life. I thought we were all friends here, but apparently, I was wrong.

Charlotte,
So do you listen to your own music or watch tv when you are lifting becasue I get so bored easily thats why I love Cathe but you can only progress so far and then you have to step it up a notch if you want more results-so on the eating do you have a cheat day or do you just not crave certain foods anymore? Thanks again!

Lisa

Hey maniacs!
It's raining here this morning. Very Gloomy. It's rest and stretch for me today.

Diane Sue, Your dog is exactlly the height and weight as my dog. LOL!
She is going to be huge!

Anne, I don't really feel any different not eating beef. I was thinking yesterday that I went all summer without a single barbaqued hamburger! I didn't even realize that all summer. It helps that DH won't touch the stuff. I think what holds me back from going vegetarian, is just all the learning and preparation and organization that comes with changing anyway you eat. LOL! I might look into that vegan planet cookbook everyone talks about.

Charlotte, great pics, girl!!

Lora, I can't imagine how early you get up. How many hours sleep do you get?

Adri, Have fun a school!

Debbie, I hate the way this site is set up too. I found that if I pull up another page and get in the forum on that page, read comments there and then go back to reply on the other page. Kind of a back and forth thing. Hope that makes sense.

Cecil! Come join us! We are not all Freaking Crazy Maniacs! Some of us are just wanna bees, and not quite there yet. I also, like to see how some of these girls workout on there own. Most of us are like robots to the DVD's never wavering from the instructor. I've learned alot from these guys.

Meg, I have no idea what Sarcoidosis is, but it sounds painful.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Cecil,

Definitely my own music! Back in Black by AC/DC, Out of my way by Seether, etc. Driven and hard music. I actually watch myself on the tv (reflection) when I do squats since it is in front of me so I can make sure I go as far down as I need to. I try not to have cheat days, but if dh wants to go have pizza sometimes or if I need a chocolate candy bar, I am gonna eat, ya know??? lol. I don't really crave most bad foods anymore. My body/taste buds have adjusted from the past tortures (cuz it wasn't easy to just not eat what you want and crave), but you have to decide what you want more.

ETA: Yes, come join us. Everyone does their own thing. Some here can bench trucks and some like me bench a cat. lol. We all have different strengths, goals and motivate the heck out of each other. We have fun.

Charlotte~~

>Well -obviously someone here is not speaking to me and I must
>have done something to offend them........so I won't be
>checking in any longer. I don't need this in my life. I
>thought we were all friends here, but apparently, I was wrong.
>

Lora,

I just spoke with you in private thru pm. Who is them? I thought we were friends too...did I miss something?

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.