Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Nov 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I woke up to my alarm and turned it off thinking it was Saturday for some odd reason. I was a bit late getting started, but I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme - 3-Day Split Lower Body premix. I did hack squats, curtsy lunges/side lunge combo, deadlifts, bucket squats, hamstring curls with resistance tubing (I need much heavier tubing for this.......must go dig out of basement) and some other things that I can't remember. The core work was tough at the end walking plank to pike ups with the gliding discs. I think the pikes might be a slight bit harder on discs. I burned 300 calories and it took me about 1 hour and 20 minutes to complete with putting my equipment away.

I guess I was a little more tired than I thought last night. I laid down on my ball to watch GH and woke up an hour later and went to bed. Never saw GH -- 2nd day in a row.

Here's a couple of pics from the show. I'm in the crowd shot - on the right - purple shirt with the red eyes. I look like the Spawn of Satan and a dork (not photogenic). My hair is all wavy cuz the bartenders kept spraying us with water (there's a bar right in front of the stage that separates the stage and front row).

http://www.realrock104.com/buckcherry/BC11.27.1.jpg

http://www.realrock104.com/buckcherry/bc11.27.3.jpg

http://www.realrock104.com/buckcherry/bc11.27.5.jpg

Diane Sue - Amy's premix 3 day split legs is actually 61" long, so the rotation choice you gave me with that and LIC upper body won't work now cuz that will make it too long. Just thought I'd let you know of another incorrect number.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in from work....depeding on how my day goes. I'm starting to get depressed now. I don't have anything to look forward to....no vacation, no concert....no new DVDs! *sigh* Back to my normal mundane life.

ust thought I'd add that the reason I'm not jumping up and down like everyone else....is cuz that shot was actually taken while we were standing around waiting for the concert......and I don't drink!! LOL. I was laughing at how crazy everyone else is in the shot and we were just waiting!! I guess the crowd was pretty wild for the concert! The dude on the radio said it was the most enthusiastic crowd he's ever seen and someone I spoke to on the BC Forum that is friends with Keith (the one guitarist) said that the fans make them pour their heart and soul into every performance cuz we're so enthusiastic at the shows.

Charlotte - I just spilled half a bottle of Bitter Moon.......ugh. I should use my reducer caps!!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I will work legs. Got to straighten out garage. Messy in there and clean windows. Make a trip into town for a few groceries.

Lora,

Great pictures! You don't have to jump all around to have a good time. Your shirt looks cool. Is it long sleeves? Looks like angel wings or something at top. You spilled your moon? Be careful!!!! My dd has spilled two of hers already. One she didn't care much for anyways. BTW, I ordered enough soaps from Brooke to last me a very long time. My favs are: Summer Skin, Indiscreet, Night Shade and Embargo is by far my favorite. Looks like my TALs will be coming any day now. I am going to pm you in a bit.

Meg,

I like what you did yesterday. Think I will try that today since I am doing legs. I just finished reading it. I will print it out. Good ideas!!!!

Be back later.

Charlotte~~

Toasty - yes ...those are angels on the front and the back had a gothic cross. It's a lightweight thermal long sleeved. It's a Sinful shirt from Buckle. I love Sinful's stuff. The last skull tee I wore in the avatar pic was also a Sinful shirt and it had a huge Angel on the back with the Sinful logo in metallic silver. I got a lot of compliments on that at the show.

I've got a migraine.......had it ever since yesterday.....ugh....I hate migraines. I've also been EXTREMELY thirsty lately. Anyone have a clue what my body is saying? or is it probably just from the fact that I didn't drink anything the other night cuz I didn't want to have to go to the bathroom!!

Oh and my DH is standing behind me in the light gray, but that girl has her arm in front of his face.

Char- cool! It is funny since I was planning it while I was running! I got the BB ready, the 15# DB, and AW ready, hopped on the TM, and then decided what I would do next while running! After reading Lora's post ^^ I wished I had added in curtsey lunges. I should plan better next time to add a few moves fro the LB. I couldn't think of anything else at the time! Think my burning butt was telling my brain NO MORE!
I forgot to say that the BB was only 35#, because of the higher rep count, and I wanted to still be able to run inbetween LOL!!! Oh and, I had actually forgot to do the inner thigh lifts, but remembered while I was finishing the last sprint, so just did them quickly before the stretch, but obviously meant to do it before the last run.
I hope you enjoy it. Next time I am going to add in 8 4-count reps too. SHoulda done that last night.

Lora- I love the pic!! You look like you are having fun. SO is that your niece with you, or your DH behind you? I think your hair looks great! You know who's hair I LOVE? Carly on GH! It has gotten long and it is so thick and shiny. I love it. I wish mine was that thick. Mine is pretty thin and I think my meds make it thinner.

So, I am planning UB today. Maybe ME and BC upper premixes. I will do cardio if my legs are up to it! LOL!!

Have a great day!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good Morning,
Lora, I was so busy looking at the pictures I accidentally pushed post LOL. It looks like you had fun. I love your shirt. That is my favorite color. Too bad Amy doesn't have the times right. It sounds like a really good workout for lower and core though.

Today I plan on doing kickboxing and Butts and Guts Premix Leg Blast. It looks like a good one since it does the walking lunges 4 times and the firewalkers 2 times. It is 47 minutes.I think I will add on some floorwork as well. I will also add some calves as there is no work on any of the new dvds to tartget them specifically.

Charlotte, enjoy your leg circuit.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Well, no workout for me today. Got up at 5:30 with all intentions of working out, but my low back was really tight and achy again. Stayed up for about a half hour and then decided to just go back to bed. I'd rather rest it for one or two days and be safe then irritate it and be sorry for two weeks. Kind of bummed as I was looking forward to working legs and bi's. Hopefully tomorrow. To boot, aunt Flo is paying a visit, Seems to be early this month.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Deb - perhaps your low back pain is from TTOTM. It always happens with me. Sorry you missed your workout.

Diane Sue - thanks.....purple is my fave colour. Almost my every room in my house is a different shade of purple! LOL.

Good morning ladies!

I'm going to be doing P90X starting next week and think I'll be needing some encouragement. I'm not hardcore like you guys are, but I love reading your thread every day. One of the first I open. Thanks, Lora!

Charlotte, are you ready to start P90X? I'm really excited to begin, previewed a couple of the DVD's yesterday and like the style of the workouts.

Lora, hope the migraine goes away. No fun for sure. I've never had one but know people that have. I wake up thirsty every morning, dry mouth and all. I've been really drinking a bunch of water at work every day because I was starting to really retain more water with all the cardio done during the November rotation. I just wasn't drinking enough so my body was storing it. I was up like 4 pounds between one day and the next. Any kind of sodium does a number on me. Winter is always harder for me too. Not as thirsty as during the hot weather.

Dallys, our place looked like yours with the snow on Monday. What elevation do you live at? We are on the edge of high desert and forest here in northern California. 4,200' so we always get snow. I'll be picking your brain about P90X too. I'm planning on doing the Classic rotation and maybe adding some doubles in later but we'll see as I don't get a lot of rest at night (I get up early to exercise). Oh yeah, your pictures are awesome!!! You really got lean and muscular, the look I'm after, but I have short arms and legs so don't know if I'll achieve that or not. I'm hoping my niece will take some pictures of me before Monday when I start.

Deb, sorry to hear about your back. Bummer. Rest it so you can be back at it soon. What do you think irritated it?

Diane Sue, I LOVE firewalkers! Really gets me where I need to be hit.

Got to go, hope to post tonite after work.

Jeanette

Netta,

Your not hardcore??? Ms. 100 mile bike ride????? What would you call that? Your seriously hardcore!!!!! Yes, I am ready to begin too. I have already tried out all the ab work. It is doable for me.

Debbie,

Your doing the right thing. I like it that you listen to your body. Aunt Flo will be coming for me soon too.

Diane Sue,

Awesome workout you have planned. The usual grueling stuff that makes me hurt when I read what your gonna do. lol

Charlotte~~

Netta - I agree that you are hardcore. I don't always think I'm hardcore with my workouts. I'd say I'm more crazy than anything cuz I get up at 2:30 to workout!! LOL. I know I"m not as hardcore as a lot of these ladies - but they inspire me and I was in the original group.........so I stay!! and wouldn't you ladies all miss me if I left?? Good luck with P90X. I don't think it's that hardcore!! LOL....maybe I am hardcore.

Just wanted to mention how much I loved those pants Josh was wearing!! I hate those black ones he always wears.

Also - in that pic...the girl to the left of me...short one was there with her Dad (15) and was drinking!! The girl on the other side of me just had a baby 6 weeks ago and was there to see Crossfade. My DH said when BC hit the stage........she stood staring at the stage with her jaw dropped!!!! Gotta love it! (not the 15 year old drinking -- but the latter).

Charlotte - did you see Chili Peppers new Hey Oh Snow vid yet? It's awesome. Love that song.

I know this IS supposed to be an EXERCISE thread.....but I'm a bit chatty today and as y'all know......I'm passionate about my music!

ETA: OMG!! Charles just gave me a donut...shoved it right in my little hands.....creamstick. I must confess I had 2 bites of it and I thought I went to Heaven!! Why do I deprive myself of these life's indulgences??? oh...I know, cuz I'm an addict and will be eating them all of the time. I wanted to eat the whole thing - but I forced myself to promptly throw it in the trash. There goes my NO FRIED FOOD in so many years. (my ears are still buzzing...a little...wonder if I ruined them?)

Lora, I'd terribly miss you if you left this thread. Don't. I'm crazy cuz I get up at 2:30 a.m. too, but don't work out until 3:30. Have to veg a bit and do some reading of the threads then. Hey the creamstick won't hurt, only 2 bites of it, but I hope I would have thrown it away too. Way to go!!! You don't think P90X is all that Hardcore? What were your results?

I have to go now to prison, but I'll check in after work.

Jeanette

Morning ladies....
Deb, take it easy . The back is nothing to fool with...

Question... How many of you can do the core push ups???
I dad them , screaming and slower. Gosh are they hard or is it me???
No Doms again today...Recovery drink working. YES!!!
Have fun on your p90X...
Meagan good w/o last night...

Planning on upper body tonite.
Have a great day...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Netta - I had pretty decent upper body results....as much as an ectomorph can. I noticed more shape to my muscles...especially shoulders. My shoulders actually got larger...and I now have a very slight biceps vein and overall look a little more like I lift weights. I still want to look much more cut...but I do notice a lot of striations when I'm lifting or moving....just not when standing still. I will do another rotation in the future. I liked it, but the pushups created a problem cuz of my injury and there are tons of them. I spent a lot of time spasmed in pain, but I loved the way it made my shoulders look!!

Meg - You had a great workout last night! Great going, Maniac!

Lora - That could be why my back hurts but usually ttom doesn't irritate it. Took Aleve, its helping. "STEP AWAY FROM THE DONUT!" LOL!

Jeanette - You can do it! I know you can. :) I think running on my treadmill is what started the irritation again. Need to cut back I guess. :(

Char - Aunt Flo SUCKS!!!

Anne - What are core pushups? Are those the ones in Drill Max?

Diane Sue - Have a great workout! I know you won't disappoint!

Hi Dallys!

Suz, where are you?

I finished my workout. I started with Punch,Kick,&Jam stoppinh at the tubing work, then did Kick Punch & Crunch starting with the doing the intensity drills and combos, then Butts & Guts Leg Blast Premix(there is no w/up on this)this was tough I almost had second thoughts on the floor work, I finished with Legs & Glutes doing both sets of calves using mix&match and I held a 25# dumbbell then did the floorwork with 5# ankleweights and stretch.

This premix took 40.5 minutes minus the stretch at the end.
walking lunges 12# dumbbells
lunge squat combo I held 10# dumbbells
leg press 2 sets 25# dumbbell
forward thrusting hammer punch lunges no wt.
leg press 2 sets held 2 15# dumbbells
one leg squat w/ 10" step 20# dumbbell
firewalkers purple band
firewalkers purple band
lunge squat combo I held 10# dumbbells
low pulse lunges 12# dumbbell
lunge squat combo 10# dumbbells

Lora, you know we would miss you. And I think you sell yourself short. You are hardcore. You tough it out no matter what. You put in some good workouts. And you try everything:)

Netta, you are hardcore too. I remember the workouts you were doing and all of those long bike rides.

Maeghan, I love circuits. I have used the treadmill and did runs and hills stopping for different body parts using the Pyramids up and also this works well with Get Ripped Slim & Lean. You can do it with just the lower or upper body parts. Makes it more interesting:)

Debbie, Take care of that back. I get more low back & hip pain when doing a lot of hills of the treadmill.

Dallys, I just looked at your p90x pictures. You have gotten some good definition. You look great.

Charlotte, let us know how your lower body workout went. Enjoy the grocery shopping:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

So DS, are you able to walk now? LOL! GREAT WO!

You guys are so inspiring.
I am having some nice DOMS settling in.
So I haven't done WO yet, but my shoulders are a tad sore. They had some DOMS from HSTA that I did Sunday, and somehow holding the DB and BB last night has made them a bit more DOMmy, so I am not sure if I should work them today or not.
I was hoping to do ME upper and HSTA upper. Maybe I will just do the shoulders on ME, and then see how they feel as to wether or not I will work them with HSTA too. I will let ya know:p

Dallys- I agree! Your pics are great! You are so lean, and your definition is awesome! I am so excited to see the results for Char, Netta, and Suz!

DS- I never thought to use the TM with Jari, but I will now. Great idea for a circiut, thanks.

CHAR CHAR-- how did the circiut go??? What did you use for cardio? Knowing you, you probably just did about 200 plie jacks inbetween huh?

Deb- glad you are resting. Yeah, my legs are starting to remind me how much of a maniac I was last night LOL!!

Suz- I hope your trip went well. I have flown in and out of DIA MANY times! THe roads suck there when it snows. Hope you check in!

I forgot, the Rhuematologist told me yesterday that I looked perfect and not to lose anymore weight. She was impressed when I told her how I WO and what I do.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Finally have a break! Here is my circuit workout I did this morning. I love to get my workout over with in the morning, but it's so hectic trying to get in everything and not worry about time.

Focus on Chest-Shoulders-Triceps-Rectus Abs. 3 sets of 15 reps, no rest.

Treadmill warm up 5 min.

Circuit 1
Push-ups
Squats-96#
Mountain climbers 1 min. (these were so hard this morning, LOL!)

Circuit 2
Dumbell Chest Flys-20#
Sumo Squats-50# dumbell
Treadmill run 1 min.

Circuit 3
Bench Dip-33# plate on lap
Leg Extensions-10# ankle weights
Treadmill run 1 min.

Circuit 4
DB Military Shoulder press-20#
Basic Crunches on ball -15# over head
Treadmill run 1 min.

Circuit 5
Tricep kickbacks-15#
Reverse crunches-no weight
Treadmill run 1 min.

Treadmill cool down 4 min. CC#4 stretch
Workout was 1 hr. 4 min. Burned 332 calories, in my zone for 48 min. and my AHR was 137.

Back in a sec. to talk.:)

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Deb , core push ups are the ones in Drill MAx where she brings her leg in when you go down.
I was like eeeeeeeewwwwww.
I am tired today for some reason. I think i will get on the treadmill and watch the biggest LOOOOSer tonite.

Meag, no DOMS. The recovery drink is seriously helping...
Dallys great w/o...
I would not know how to make my own.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.