Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Nov 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Barry's Bootcamp aerobics from the Arms & Abs DVD with Barry. This was 20 minutes followed by 5 minute cool down and the stretch from Cathe's LIC. I burned 200 calories in 30". I have to leave the house at 5:45 am to be at work early, as I have to leave early for my monthly doctor appt.

I don't expect that these Barry's workouts will sell very well to the general public.........as I can't see a normal person doing this tough of a workout!

I'll try to check in from work later. Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning, today I am doing Kickboxing and upper body. I am going to try to get it in before I take my grandson to the doctor this morning. I may have to split it.

Lora, it sounds like you got a good calorie burn in for 30 minutes.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is my cleaning/rest day. I got in a good workout yesterday. I did shoulders later. Mostly shoulder presses w/25's and just repeated and used the band for upright rows.

Diane Sue,

Have fun with your grandson.

Lora,

Yes, 30 mins and 200 cals burned...great job!!

Bionics,

Loved the diaper pictures!

Charlotte~~

Thanks ladies - but it was actually 197........I rounded it off. I cheated!

My boss isn't here yet.........I'm afraid to see her when she comes in cuz there was a very unpleasant situation going on when I left yesterday. Pray for me.

You have my prayers Lora! Good burn this morning!

Char- have fun cleaning. Are there any oils to help get your butt motivated to clean?? I could use it lately!!LOL!

DS- I have really started to get into kickboxing more. I want to get Amy's new one. It becoming really fun for me. Especially if I am in a foul mood!LOL!!

My legs are just slightly sore from my run last night. Probably since I did it on an incline. I really want to get in a HIIT today, like IMax3, but I will see where the day takes me! Oh, I want to work legs too. We'll see. My back feels alright too.

BBL

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Oh, Lora, shame on you rounding out your calories....
Good work vibes...
Char, enjoy your rest day. I am trying to decide what to do today.
LAst night was GSL standing
squats 53# ( someday smith machine)
Front back lunges 10#
Pleau squats 2-15's
Deadlifts 53#
Slow motin 8# really burned
leg press purple band
then i did the floor work of b&G and the abs

Today needs to be upper and cardio. I was thinking LIC cardio and PUB.
What ya think?
Diane Sue have a great day. You have beena wful buisy lately.
Dallys are you sleeping ?
Randi , HI!!
Meagan, you need to take it easy. You sound burnt out. Maybe lighten up a little. The 2 weeks of lighter weights did me wonders. I feel alot stronger now.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Great workout last night Anne! You too Charlotte, even though you didn't post what you did!!! :)

This moring was workout #4 of negatives. Had a great workout this morning, getting the weights about right now. This is what I did:

Biceps:
Dumbbell Curls warm up sets - 15's - 2 sets/8 reps
Barbell Curls up against a wall - 40# - 9/4/3 reps
(this was hard because when you are propped up against a wall you eliminate all cheating. Really felt them)
Forearms:
Hammer Curls - 20's 1 set/11 reps
Quads:
Squats - warm up sets - 65# - 15 reps & 75# - 12 reps
Heavy set - 105# - 10 reps
Widowmaker set - 85# - 20 reps
Hamstrings:
Lying Hamstring Curls - 45# - 12/5/4 reps
Calf raises - Used 55# in my lap for these, didn't really feel it much. Did tons of reps, some negatives, some not.

Workout was 56 min., was in my zone for 22 minutes and burned 224 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Morning ladies!

I'm getting ready to do Cardio Fusion in a minute. Yesterday's doctor appointments were a success. I'm on a new drug for migraines called Topomax. You have to take it every day but it's supposed to help cut the frequency of migraines waaaay down. They also want me to have an MRI just to make sure nothing else is going on (which I'm sure it isn't). I hope they see a brain! Anyway, I'm excited about the prospect of fewer headaches. Diane Sue - I hope yours went away. Also, my lung doctor defenitely does not want to give up. She's going to try me on 2 new meds for my exercise-induced asthma. She said that when someone has the drive to work out like I do she wants to help me do that b/c she doesn't see that often enough. How cool is she? Yeah, sitting in her lobby there are usually people with oxygen with the smoker's cough smelling like cigarettes. Yuk! It's probably refreshing to her. She said she's like a pit bull (little does she know I HAVE pit bulls) and will keep fighting. So I'm gonna try Singulair, but not until I've been on Topomax for a few weeks - at the suggestion of my neurologist. Sheeesh - listen to me - you'd think I wasn't healthy - BUT I AM!!! :)

I'll check back later. Just wanted to give an update of yesterday cause I'm pretty excited. Oh - and my neurologist said that the head meds might make it possible for me to go back on the original asthma meds that helped so much but gave me such crazy headaches! She also wanted to see me be able to work out as hard as I liked.

Lora - you're in my prayers. Hang in there!

Okay, okay, going now...

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

What to do? This morning while the dogs went out to potty, Speck discovered a young cat burrowed in the leaves. The cat looks too weak to move much. Very sweet cat. She didn't hiss at Speck. Starving. Gave it some food and water and love. I probably will have to take it down to SPCA, no one else around here will take in the cat. Everyone drops their unwanted cats here and the lady around the corner has about 10 of them. At least it will have a chance to get adopted if I take to SPCA. It will soon be very cold here so I think it would be cruel to just feed it and let it stay in the cold. Could not bear that.
It is eating the food right now.

Charlotte~~

Sorry to infiltrate this thread, but I need to ask a question and I KNOW you ladies can give me an informed answer:

I’ve been put on a high protein, moderate carb meal plan and my dietician (whom I trust and like) has me taking a whey protein powder (I’m so sorry but its name escapes me right now) from GNC. It has 45 gms of protein per serving and tastes WONDERFUL (chocolate). The problem is – it takes 3 scoops per serving and is $75 a can from GNC. I asked him for a cheaper suggestion, and he suggested another that was $70 a can.

Can any of you recommend a low carb, high protein, TASTY powder that won’t break the bank?

Thank you so much!

Again, I feel like I’m ‘breaking and entering’ your check-in so please forgive me!

Jillybean,
Wish i could help you. I hate the powders. I use the liquid cherry from GNC. Mix it with some diet squirt and alot cheaper. 20 bucks a bottle. I can drink it with water .I think the powders are all chalky. I can't take them.
Diane Sue and Char and Deb may be able to help you...
Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Jillybean,

Love your avatar picture! Prince rocks! Anyhow, I took cyto gainer which had 54g of protein in it. I gained almost a pound a day. Expensive though, on sale or not. It sounds like you are trying to build? I also go to GNC the first of the month, 1-7 is when they always have the good sales, and if you get a GNC gold card, you save another 20%. It would be best to go then for anything you are thinking about getting. Out of all the powders I have tried SO FAR, I still like Probolic SR the best. It is only 1 scoop of 20g of protein. My hubby takes GNC PM protein shake at night with 2 scoops. It is not too pricey, but for evening only as it absorbs much slower thru your system. Both GNC and Probolic are really very low in carbs. I think Probolic has 2 g of carbs. You can get it for $39.99 without the sale price. Sale price you can get for sometimes $16, etc.

Probolic SR works up to 12 hours after you take it.

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs! Today is Yoga X and some form of cardio. Maybe I'll just take the dog for a walk. Hope I don't get a bunch of male dogs chasing us, cuz she is in heat. I need to get outside. I'm going completely nuts with no car this week. Even if I never go anywhere, it's nice to know that my car is in the garage.

Lora-
Some day I may get Barry's Bootcamp. I hope work is peaceful for you today.:)

Diane Sue-
Enjoy your workout today.:)

Meg-
Enjoy your workout today, whatever you decide.:)

Anne-
I caught that mistake on Butts and Gutts also. It's the donkey kick floor section that repeats a section on one side and skips the other side. I think I read somewhere that Cathe had this fixed on the new ones she is sending out. I hope so.

Debbie-
Great workout! I like to listen to Guns and Roses too. I wish they were still together. Axl is such a weirdo anymore. He was so talented back in the day.

Char-
Keep us posted on that poor little kitty. I hope it's just hungry and neglected and doesn't have some kind of disease.

Suz-
So happy to hear your Dr. appts went well. Sounds like you have a great Dr. :)

Jillybean-
I get my Protein Powder at Costco. It's very good and has 4 g of carbs and 27 g of Protein. It costs around $25 to $27 for 6 lbs.. It's called Wellements-Premium Pro-Rated. One scoop! It mixes best with a blender, but I just mix it with a fork with some soymilk and pour it on my uncooked cold oatmeal with my frozen berriies, my most fav breakfast. Come join us if you want. You are always welcome!:)

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

JillyBean-
More info. on the Protein Powder:

In my "Metabolism Advantage" book. He states that Whey protein isolate is quickly digested and best consumed during and immediateley after exercise. Casein protein isolate and milk protein isolate (whey and casein) are slower to digest and are best consumed outside of the workout and post-workout periods.

The Costco brand I suggested is a whey isolate (fast absorbing). It sounds like the ones Toasty gets is the Whey and Casein blend (slow absorbing). So, this might help you in your decision.:)

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Wow – thanks for all the advice!! I am not trying to gain weight (nor am I trying to gain that much muscle for that matter) – but my diet, up until about a month ago, consisted of white bread, Pop Tarts, sugary cereal, Doritos, cookies, donuts, etc. If it wasn’t for working out regularly – I’d weigh about 200 lbs. (I think I currently weigh about 150# – I don’t own a scale). I workout HARD most days and while I do have muscle, you just can’t see it under my excess.

Long story short (or semi-short!) – I wanted to make permanent changes in my body and my eating habits. I got in touch with a personal trainer who then had me contact her dietician. He has me on a higher protein, lower carb diet. Right now I’m lifting much more (some light, some heavy) than ever before so he really wants me to take in quite a bit of protein. As I’ve eschewed all white flour, high fructose corn syrup, and most sweets for now (and hopefully I'll continue to keep these foods at bay or eat them in moderation in the future), I do value the foods I currently eat which is why I want a tasty protein powder. I think I will try out some of those you’ve suggested.

P.S. How much are GNC Gold Cards?

Thanks again!
:) :) :)

Dallys - I forgot to mention yesterday (during our vegetarian talk) that I also take a Vegetarian Forumula multivitamin from GNC.

My boss has been pretty good today....but I never get too excited since I know it can change at any time.

I'm in SEVERE pain today. I've got that spasm running from my suboccipital region on the right.....all the way down my spine and into my hip......ugh. I don't think I can sit here much longer. I wish I could leave! This sucks. Advil/Tylenol aren't doing a darn thing either.
(Just thought It would help to vent??)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.