Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed May 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I overslept a bit. I'm just getting started. Off to do some weights. Maybe some yoga. I don't think I'll do any cardio. Trying to cut back on that a bit. Be back a bit later.

Good Morning Girls,

Today is PS S,T,&C and Im suppose to do CM but I may switch to something else. We have had nothing but rain for the last 10 days or so and today is suppse to be a nice day and we will actually get out for a walk!
Hope everyone as a good day!
Lori:)

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

For today I am just going to work shoulders and abs. I have alot of hauling from our old house..attic stuff and I have to clean. Tomorrow I plan on getting on a rotation FOR REAL! lol

Have a great day!

Charlotte~~

Did cardio today, legs felt like lead again. WTH? I don't get what's going on, my cardio days are not what they use to be. Burning out, maybe?

Anyways, I did Cardio Coach #6 with Sean. Did pretty well with it considering the way I felt. My legs are still really sore from my leg workout on Monday, especially my hamstrings.

Workout was 1:05, was in my zone for 49 minutes and burned 380 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morning, today is cardio and abs. I think I will do a step workout today. I am hoping to get in some yoga as well. It rained more last night. So much rain!!

Debbie, I am feeling this workout. I have doms in my triceps and back. I bet your leg soreness is just from the change over to SS and possibly the running. Naybe it will just take a little more time to adapt.

Jen, Amy's Step & Pump is a good workout for a quick cardio and some good weights. Have fun trying the workouts.

Hi to everyone BBl
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I ended up doing Katina's Pump Party 65" followed by about 25"-30" of Rebecca Small Step Symfit Systems Step - and then did Rainbeau Mars Pure Sweat Yoga 30". Weights & Cardio was 1 hour 40" and I burned 500 calories. I think I will cut down on my cardio a bit next week so my body doesn't get used to it. I may look for a rotation to start with set cardio in it. I'm looking for a heavy weight/low rep one. Maybe I'll check out the one Toasty's planning on starting.

Brookie's feeling better today. I can't believe those vaccine's put her out of commision for a day like they do. I guess she's a sensitive soul.

Really starting to get antsy about finding a job. I wish something would come along already. I'm starting to freak out a bit, plus I'm getting way too used to being home.

Jen - I have that Firm Maximum Bootcamp one out on my table.....been thinking about trying it out. I'll have to see what you think. The word at VF is pretty positive about it. They say that the Firm are finally getting back to their roots.

Dallys- thanks for the articles. I only skimmed one...I have to go back and read. I saw them over at VF also.

Toasty - got my Lady Luck Blues order. My sinuses have been horrid and I haven't been able to smell ...other than a brief period of about 1 hour yesterday and I REALLY liked 13, Lady Luck Blues and the surprise was that Bad Luck Woman Blues smelled really good too and I wasn't sure about that one. I'm wearing Bad Luck Woman today, but my nose is not cooperating just yet. I think this version of 13 is the best so far!

Deb - hope your legs start feeling better. I know the feeling!
Hi to everyone else. Have great workouts.

HI Char-I dont know if you saw my post last night or not but your house is beautiful. On the wall in one of your photos is a picture of what looks like your wedding picture-I was wondering if you could post it I would love to see it. I absolutly love looking at wedding pictures but I would understand if you dont want to post.

Have a great day maniacs!!!

Lisa

Toasty - just found the Strong Like Bull rotation from March. I think I'm going to do this one also. I feel the need to follow a rotation. I might not start until Monday though. I like it cuz of the cardio choices here and there. I wanted to focus on heavy weight/less reps after doing Barry's Bootcamp....so this should be a good one.

Lisa,

Thanks! I will post it then. Probably tomorrow.

Lora,

Not doing that rotation now. Was gonna. Just too much cardio. I don't need that much. I got to go thru my old rotations and figure it out for tomorrow. Glad you like Bad Luck Lady perfume. The name scares me though and would not want bad luck. lmao. I am in the truck hauling stuff and there is a spider in there and I can't find it so if it lands on my leg while I am driving..that could be a problem.

:p ;(

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs! Finished a 5 mile walk with Carma . Burned 317 cals. Listened to Sheryl Crow (she's my favorite) on the Ipod.
Had 3 loose dogs come up to us. Just can't figure out people letting their dogs roam. You'd think they would be somewhat concerned that they'd get hit by a car. Was suprised how many people have goats and saw a weight machine and a Tony Little Glider on some porches. Lots of yard work and some junky yards. I love to observe the neighborhood.

Don't have time for personals...gotta drive up to SLC today.

Have great workouts Ladies!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I have a full day of gardening to do, around 2 to 3 hours worth. Lots or planting digging wheel barreling. Couldn't possibly do a scheduled w/o today. I think this will have to do for my w/o.

Wish I could stay and chat, but just can't. Hope everyone has a full and productive day. I know all of you work hard as well.

Have a great day everyone, and do the best you can.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

I finished my workout. I started with LIC cardio blast premix no stretch then ran 2 1/2 miles on the treadmill. I then did LIC abs twice using a 10# dumbbell and my shoe weights. I love those banana holds:) Finished with Eoin Finn's PYFH Bliss. Now I am off to finish cleaning.

Charlotte, surely you are not driving and typing on the computer. I hope you find that spider before it finds you:)

Janie, enjoy the gardening. I need to get a couple of new garden tools and get outside and do some weeding myself>

Good Afternoon everyone,
today was shoulders and abs and then cardio, i did GS shoulders and ab routine from an oxygen magazine, then i did the elliptical for about 30 mins. Just got back from a leisure bike ride didnt have to energy to go far so it only took me about 40 mins or so.
Hope everyone enjoys the day :)

Diane Sue -Meant to ask what you thought of Kimberly Spreen's Kickbox...other than the fact that it is lower intensity.

Michelle - just saw the blurb about the World Sucking! I like that -- cute saying.

Diane Sue,

LMAO! Not hardly. Would be quite difficult. Spider I did not see or feel. Thank goodness. Took two loads from old house and came back. Cleaned house and still have to workout..it is 6pm. lol

Charlotte~~

Finished my garden work. It took me almost 3 hours of non-stop hard gardening. WOW! Still have more to do, but today was very productive. Had to take out 8 dead rosemary's. They didn't survive this winter at all, but they did last 4 years. I managed to plant 4 pampas grass & 4 lilac bushes. Our ground is just like a gravel pit. Huge stones to get out and make room for these plants.

Tomorrow I will attempt to plant 8 assortments of heathers around our front porch. Should look very nice once they take hold. I'll also do Imax 3.

Then on other days, I'll continue with the vegie garden and transport garden soil into half barrels so I can plant some herbs. Also fix up the other green house and plant cukes and squash. The first green house has tomatoes to make salsa, tomato sauce and maybe ketchup.

I have growing, about 50 or so basil plants in the first greenhouse, (will be making vegan pesto) a variety of herbs, and goji berries. Then I have to take mushroom compost and place it on all the 14 fruit trees and grape plants around our yard. So there will be a lot of trips to the nursery to get the mushroom compost and bring it home and shovel it around the trees.

Lots to do, and I love it! A garden like this, that we depend partly on for our food supply is a lot of work, but it keeps us in shape and healthy and I know is safe.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

I got about half my cleaning done. Spent a lot of time scrubbing the ceramic tile and we have a lot. DH came home and I did not pick up grandchildren today so we went for a ride on the motorcycle around the lake that is close to our house. We have had so much rain. Last year it was so low there were people driving on the lake bed which was against the law. Now the water is so high I saw one playground under water. Much more and I think there may be trouble. Some of the running paths are covered in water. The sun came out this afternoon so there were a lot of runners and people riding their bicycles out. It is supposed to rain again tonight.

Charlotte, glad you weren't driving. I hope you are almost done with all of that moving and settling.

Janie, good for you planting such an extensive garden. I used to plant gardens. I also grew herbs in my kitchen and tomatoes to make salsa and eat. I planted tomatoes twice since we moved here and they did not do well. We just have so many trees and so much shade. It is hard to get them to grow. I love to grow basil and make my own pesto. Great for chicken and fish and in salads. Yum! I got a bunch of corn from my Dad when we went to visit. Even at his age he always plants his own garden. Must be growing up on a farm:)

Michelle, sounds like you got in a good workout today.

Lora, I like Kimberly Spreen's new Kick Box. I like the combat stuff and ab work best. I think the cardio and combat interval premix is the better way to do this workout. I think it is more intermediate but you can wear weighted gloves and a little more intensity to the moves. I am glad that I purchased it. I also think it will help when I get a bodybar. I have been wearing weighted gloves and strapping my smaller ankle weights to the bar off of my Bowflex lat tower. This only gives me 6#. SHe says no more than 9# on the dvd. I am thinking maybe 10# because in the combat moves she moves pretty fast.

Janie - More power to you with the gardening. I'm not a Gardner.........or should I just say, I have not one domestic bone in my body!! LOL. A lot of women I know enjoy it though. Hope you had fun playing in the dirt.

The weather is beautiful here this evening. I tried to talk the DH into going for a walk with me after dinner, but I couldn't persuade him, so I decided to get some stuff ready to sell on LJ & BPAL instead of walking by myself. Next time, I think I shall walk by myself. I never get outside.

Evening Maniacs! Just got back from SLC. Today was wonderful weather. PERFECT! Ate at Cafe Rio's. I'm once again in that phase I go thru where nothing tastes good. Ate about 1/4 of my salad. The rice had globs of Chicken boullion not mixed in thouroughly. Almost puked. Even water tastes yucky. Why is that?

I found a wounded baby dove last night. D@m$#ed neighbor kid and his bb gun! His little eye was shot out. I didn't even know what kind he was until I heard his mommy cueing all morning for him. I put him out so she could find him. She flew to him and saw he was injured and she stayed with him for awhile and then she left him. He is shaking his head and is about 3/4 dead. I feel sick about it. If I were stronger, I'd put him out of his misery. I'm sure he'll be gone by morning. It's sad because we don't see alot of doves around here. We have alot of quail too, which is unusual.

Janie- I'm amazed by your gardening. My dad has the green house and all that goes with it. He just brought me over a "rose of sharon" tree/bush? and I'm not sure if it needs shade or sun. Any advice on where to plant?

Hi to everyone else. I hope I have more time tomorrow to chat.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.