Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed May 16

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Off to do PLB and maybe a Bar Method Blast and hopefully some yoga or stretch. I have another very busy day planned so I won't be able to work out as long as I'd like to. Be back in a bit.

I ended up doing PLB (matched Cathe's weights pretty much except for deadlifts for my sciatica. I still don't know how heavy or light I should be going on my legs for the best results. They seem to bulk if I go to heavy....but I want to work them enough (frustrating). I also did Bar Method - Designer Sculpting Blast 10", Quick Fix Mix Pilates Abs 10" and then I did Xlfowsion Live Blast Premix 26". Total workout was just shy of 2 hours and I burned a total of 480 calories (left my HR running thru everything).

I'm feeling pretty worked right now. I wasn't expecting the Xlfowsion workout to be so tough. It had no finishing postures and all of the segments were kicking, punching, squatting, free form dancing and the yoga segment was the very challenging part of the practice that really works your leg for a while before you change to the other leg. My legs were toast. Think I did too many blasts!! LOL.

I have to try to do some quick neck stretches (as I haven't had time to do them for 3 days and I'm suffering from it) and then I have to go over Mom's to do some housework. That will probably take me all morning and then I'll probably go visit her for the afternoon and see how she does her first day there. I have to make sure she talks to a Dietician ...as she's on a low fat/low cholesterol diet and she can't eat a lot of foods.

I certainly hope I have time to fit some stretching in later...as I'm even stiffer today!!

Have great workouts.

Well, did not get back on last night. I left work early..Nice... I did a 1/12 hr walk . It is all hills here. Washed my truck and mowed the grass... I think i got enough in...

Today is going to be a rest day.. I work alone today and it is going to be a late one..

Char, it is raining... Why is it when i wash my truck it rains... and all the pollen and crap is falling off the trees . It is all over the decks... YUCK.

Went out to dinner. I am having lousy luck lately. I had stuffed salmon and it was horrible. Greasy, soaked in butter. I had a couple bites and wrapped it up... One time i get it and it is great, and this time, Yuckie...
Should have stuck to my blackened tuna salad...
well, heading to bath...
Have a great day..
Happy gardening Janie.. My perenials are just coming up good now... I can see the weed difference...
Have to get to that....

6 weeks to vacation... YIPPIE...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good morning everyone. So the reason I have been so scarce lately is because I was having alot of marital problems. I have decided to seperate from my DH, and probably will get divorced. So, since he will be out of the house more, I should be home more, I hope!! I miss checking in here with you guys on a daily basis. But, now that that is out of my system.......

Great WO Lora. I have been praying for your mom, and I hope she is doing well.

Anne- I am finally tanned!! Now we just need consistant warm weather!

I don't know what WO I will do today, but maybe I will try to get outside. DOn't know yet.

I will BBL.
Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

This morning I did Cardio Coach #3, it's only 30 minutes so I did a high steady state for another 30 minutes. Workout was 1:06, was in my zone for 51 minutes and burned 365 calories! Travelled 3.7 miles.

When I was doing the steady state I was listening to music on my MP4 player. "Stupid Girls" came on by Pink. This song makes me laugh. At one point in the song a girl comes in a bathroom and says she has eaten 300 calories that day and how unsexy that was. She proceeds to make herself throw up and then yells "I WANA BE SKINNY!"

Here I am killing myself to burn 300 calories so I can eat 2000 calories today! LMAO!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Hi Ladies
This morning I will be doin PLB. Been following Debbies rotation I'm loving it! Off to workout
BBL:)
Randi

Morning Maniacs! Today will be SS "Tear it up" it's a 70 min. workout I think. Mt. Bike ride when Dh gets home. Missed it yesterday.

Lora- It's nice your are able to help your mom out when she needs you.

Anne- You are a hard worker girl! That's alot in one day. Sorry dinner wasn't good. That's so disappointing.

Debbie- I love Pink. That song is hilarious! Can you imagine only eating 300 cals. a day and throwing it up. Doh!

Randi- Great your rotation is so fun!

Meg- I hope everything in your life will settle soon. Must be tough for you. You are strong though.:) I'm glad you'll be posting more.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morining,

Today is GS shoulders and then cardio, I kind of feel like doing rhytmic step havent done that one for a long time. This will be the last week of GS im so tired of it! I want to do my own thing, sometimes i wish i had a gym membership,just for the weightroom, but i cant really afford itx( o well maybe one day!

Lora- Last night i ordered Rainbeau Mars - Dawn & Dusk off amazon.ca and then to get the free shipping i also ordered Shiva Rea: Yoga Shakti, i cant wait until they get here, cant really afford it but i wanted it:)

Hope everyone has a great day!:7

Will be doing full body workout on the Smith machine.

Got a go, the garden is waiting for me too.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Afternoon Maniacs!!!

Went to job interview. Wore Blinding Glory of Love on my hands for the hand shake. LMAO!!!!! I can't tell if it went well or not..the man seemed more nervous around me then me around him. lol. Anyhoo, if it works out..fine..if not, fine too.

So before I got all spiffy and mischeivous, I worked out...

DB Presses with 15's 2 sets/15
Squats 80# 2 sets/15
Leg Ext 70# 2 sets/15
DB Bench with 25's 2 sets/15
Calves 2 sets/45 with 60#
Tricep Overhead with 25# db 2 sets/15

Charlotte~~

I am late posting. I started out with that headache this morning. It took awhile to get moving but once I got started I had a good workout. I started with Kelly Coffey Step Box (this was my first time and I loved it)then did Amy Bento Kickbox Ex interval premix(no w/up or str)I wanted to do some inner outer thigh work and use my bosu so I did Tracey Staehles Sweatfest Sculpt lower premix adding 5# ankle weights for floorwork and holding 10# dumbbells for standing and bosu work, I then did the M&F rotation legs and calves and finished with Tracey's stretch off of the Sculpt dvd.

M&F rotation
squat bowflex 200# 10 reps 3 sets
leg press bowflex 310# 12 reps 3 sets
dumbbell lunge 35# dumbbells 8 reps 3 sets
leg extensions bowflex 200# 8 reps 3 sets
lying leg curls bowflex 100# 8 reps 3 sets
standing calf raises 35# dumbbells 15 reps 3 sets(supposed to be two sets
leg press calf raise bowflex 310# 15 reps 2 sets
seated calf raise 95# 20 reps 2 sets

Maeghan, I am sorry to hear that you have been having problems. Hopefully things will settle down for you now. It will be good having you back here sharing again:)

Michelle, I use Yoga Shatki all of the time. I like that I can pick and choose what I want to do so I can still use it if I am short on time.

Charlotte, I hope you hear something back about the job. LOL on using that oil on your hands.

Debbie, LOL on the Pink song. Were the last two weeks of this M&F rotation shorter in duration for you? This week has been long. I do cardio and try and get in stretching every day but these have taken well over an hour most of the time. Last week most of my workouts ended up around 2 and a half hours with cardio and stretching. I am ready for something else.

Janie, enjoy your gardening. I love the scents when I am outside.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Just got back from visiting Mom and ate dinner. I think I ate too many calories. I put too much stuff on my salad. Oh well, better luck next time. I want to TRY to do a Classical Stretch in a bit but I have a few things to do before I can try. I'm a bit worried my Mom is going to be in this facility a lot longer than I anticipated. I have a meeting with the Social Worker tomorrow to go over her "goals"...whatever that means. The goal is to get the heck out of there!!

Michelle - great choice with the yoga. I think you will be very happy. If you're not, I'll be very surprised.

Diane Sue - Looks like you got some new workouts ...how did you like Tracey's step? I think I really like it the more I do it. It does take a little concentration. I really like Kelly Coffey's step box. I think it's a pretty intense little workout. She really moves.

Meg - sorry about your marital problems. I am praying for you. Thanks for caring about my Mom. I've never really been thru anything like this before. When my Father died (when I was 17), I was a pretty messed up individual and lived in an "altered state" if you know what I mean. No wonder my Mom is so independent. She was my age when he died. I can't imagine that.

Lora, I pray that you get your mother out of there too! That is not where you want your parent. Don't worry about the salad, I am sure you will make up for it tomorrow i nexercise. Yes, I did get some new workouts and am really liking them:)

Hey Maniacs! Just got back from my Mt. Bike ride. Went for about 1 hr. 10 min. My new bike computer says I traveled alittle over 7 miles. Saw a HUGE Rattle snake. He was just basking in the sun trying to get warm. It's been over cast today. Luckily, Carma didn't notice him. I'm not sure she'd even be interested. She could care less about the rabbits and squirrels. She has worn out her rear boots. I need to find a cheaper alternative as they were not cheap.

Great workouts for everyone today!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Great workouts, everyone!!! I don't have time for personals but I did want to answer you, Diane Sue.

There are two weeks in that rotation that are REALLY long. I never did cardio with that, it's just too much. Why don't you just not do cardio when you do your weight training? Working out for 2 hours is just overkill, it's an injury waiting to happen.

Debbie, my workouts are going to end up shorter this week anyway. I have a dental appointment to redo a crown tomorrow so did the lower body workout today. I will probably do some treadmill before the appointment if I have the time. Saturday I usually do cardio and abs but I doubt I will do anything as we are going on a motorcycle run early. I am not worried about it because I know I have been working hard. I am just glad I have almost finished off these two long weeks. I had cut back on cardio on the M&F Hers rotation and was trying to go back to the 1 hr a day cardio. I think it is to much with over an hour of heavy strength training. I thought looking at the last two weeks of the rotation they might be shorter duration but still tough. How did the low rep, low weight workout go on week 11? I think it is rep speed, fast/explosive reps? Funny doing this, sometimes I put on a weight load thinking I probably cannot do it and it is not so hard:) This has been a good rotation. I have a hard time limiting my cardio though. It is much harder with the heavier training. May have to look into separating it from weight days. I am thinking more endurance for awhile before I go back to heavy again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.