Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed May 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Day 1 of WarpSpeed Fatloss (not sure if I'm gonna do the whole program though).

Strength A:
Squat to Paralell -hold for 2's at parallel (4 sets of 6-8 reps) 90 sec rest (but I did a shorter rest)- used 35 lb DBs

Circuit A:
1) Pushup and prone jacknife combination (feet on stability ball)
2) Reverse Lunge and cable row combo (or reverse lunge with one offset DB) - I alternated between cable row (extreme band) and holding a 25 lb DB
*Performed as many sets of 6 reps as possible in a 10 minute period
(this got a bit tougher....you'd be amazed how many sets you can do in 10" ...but I had to rest here and there)

Circuit B:
1) Squat and Press (continuos motion). I alternated between lateral raises and military presses with kettlebells. Used my 15-=20 lb KBs and switched sides to even it out and 15 pound DBs for lateral raises, as I can't go super heavy on shoudlers due to my injury)
2) Lat pull down or chin up (I alternated between band pulls with my extreme band double with another band and assisted chin ups (foot on the chair)
*Perfomed as many sets of 6-8 reps as possible in 10" (not sure if I went heavy enough on everything....I'll have to play with this a bit and tweak it...but the other Circuits change reps, etc)

Interval Cardio A -
warmup 3 min
6 rounds of 30 max intensity followed by 90 easy recovery followed by 3-5 minute cooldown and I did a Cathe stretch.
I used my Rebounder and did Fast Football running or high knees for the hard segments and did incline step work for the easier cardio.

Workout was 70" and I burned 584 calories. It felt tough ...but not "too" hard.....but then again, my mind is in that real mentalally tough place right now since I just lost my job and I'm throwing myself into this!

I also did Burn Belly Fat - Pilates Ab segment 10". Used my Pilates ring to add intensity and then did Sara Ivanhoes' 20" Beauty Sweat Yoga.

Have great workouts everyone. Off to eat breakfast. I have an appt to sign up with another Temp Agency today......4 hours of applications and testing, yuk!

ETA: Oh - I emailed Skwiggs (the Blog lady) re: Afterburn and Alwyn. She convinced me to try Warp Speed cuz it's a shorter program than Afterburn and since I'm skeptical....she suggested that one first. She swears that he's a genius. We shall see.

Ally - are you the one that asked me about my cardio workout yesterday? Katina Hunter's website is www.Stepparty.com. She has a presale for her new DVDs now.....and her older ones are up for sale. She is more low advanced or high intermediate. I like her personality and her workouts. I find out about a lot of different workouts by reading www.Videofitness.com. I'm a variety junkie. I burned out on Cathe after a while and needed variety.

sorry for the lonnnnnnnnggggg post!

Good Morning, for cardio this morning I did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt FItness cardio only premix, then I did 4Day Split HIS cardio only, and finished with Body Max 2 first 3 combos. I am not sure what the calorie burn was. I stopped after 4Day Split and re adjusted the HR Monitor strap because I was only getting a HR of up to 131. Was pushing as hard as I could and adding extra propulsions etc trying to get the hr up. After I adjusted it I was getting around 163bpm during Body Max2 but forgot to push start on my watch. I will do Slow and Heavy Chest and Back when I come back from taking my grandchildren to school.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I actually felt like working out today so maybe I'm finally getting out of this funk. It was shoulder & trap day and I had an excellent workout.

1 minute rest between each set

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Lateral Raise:
22's - 12/12/12
[font color=red]After the 3rd set I dropped the weight to 15's and repped out at 10 reps.[/font]
[font color=blue]***These felt good. 22's burned.[/font]

Arnold Press:
22's - 12/9/10
[font color=blue]***Not sure what happened here. Lost my energy very fast with this exercise and that is unusual. Could have been the 1 min. rest, should have rested longer maybe.[/font]

Barbell Overhead Press:
50# - 12/12/10
[font color=blue]***Felt strong with these. Go figure.[/font]

Leaning Lateral Raise:
15# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***I like this exercise. Probably could have used 20# but wanted to keep my form plus I felt tightness near my traps and didn't want to pull that muscle again.[/font]

Lying Rear Lateral Raise:
20's - 12/12/12
[font color=red]After the 3rd set I dropped the weight to 15's and repped out at 12 reps.[/font]
[font color=blue]***These felt good, got a great burn.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRAPS[/font]
Barbell Shrugs:
115# - 15/15/15
[font color=blue]***Was suppose to do a drop set with these but I really think that is what messed me up the last time I did this. So I didn't do the drop set.[/font]

Did some major stretching after this. I don't want to injure myself again when I do tricep work on Friday.

My obliques and low back are sore from the ab work I did yesterday. Feels great!!!

That is all...

Lora - Have you ever heard of "Killswitch"? If so, are they any good?

Ally or Linda - Which one of you needed the rotation I'm doing now??? I'm sorry, I can't remember.

Diane Sue - I meant to tell you that I looked in my Log and I only burned 417 calories the first time I did In the Ring and 456 the second time I did it. I don't think it's a real big burner....or it might just be cuz I spend more time staring at her and the TV than working it!! LOL

Goodmorning everyone! It's going to be a beautiful day here in New York City sunny skies with a high of 77 degrees. Yeayyy!

Anyway woke up feeling really good today so here we go

0400hrs- Body Max 2 Bootcamp Premix 470 calories burned and 45 minutes int the zone 1hr and 12 minutes total
I am amazed that my heart rate can go up to 170 bpm at 4 in the morning and I dont feel like passing out.

Tentative Menu for today:
M1- BSN protein shake made with 8oz water and 1/2 of banana (Post Work out)
M2-Kashi truly vanilla oatmeal (this alone has 9g of protein) with 1 cup of fat free milk and 3/4 of strawberries my multivitamin, glucousamine and allergy medicine (UGH!)
M3-1&1/2 tbspn of power peanut butter and 1/2 of a big apple.
M4-1/2 cup of sweet potatoe with 3oz of extra lean ground beef small salad with tomatoes 1 slice of avacado and lite dressing. (I brought a small pack of 95% fat free extra lean ground beef on sunday. I will cook it and fridge it and eat it all week for lunch with a different carb each day.) Multivitamin and glucousamine
M5-string cheese and the rest of the apple
M6-1 cup of broccoli and 4oz of chicken made with 1 tsp of olive oil, cooking wine, fresh garlic and peppers.
M7-BSN protein shake made with water.
Enjoy your day and your workouts!!

Remember GO HARD OR GO HOME!!! lol

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am working legs and abs.

Lora,

Sorry to hear about your job yesterday. It is nice to see you around here more though. ;) Your workout seems like it was long for today. Gosh.

Debbie,

Your so funny...you workout everyday no matter what so you cannot possibly be in a funk cuz as hard as you workout there could be no funk. Very good workout though. My back was worked out hard from the other day as I was doing some yard work yesterday and could really feel it. I had to keep yanking on the pushmower all day as it kept stalling and my arms were already sore as hell. lol.

Nice workouts everyone! :) :) :) ;)

Last night, I had the hardest time falling asleep. I kept waking up every hour ARGH x( x( Tonight, S&H Bi’s Tri’s

I did 3 sets for each exercise. I switched between my dumbbells and barbell

S&H CHEST

Bench Press DB & BB
40/45/45

Flyes DB
40/30/40

Incline Bench DB & BB
45/45/40

Incline Flyes DB
40/20/40

Push-Ups 16/16/16

S&H BACK

Lat Row DB
30/40/40

Pullover DB
20/15/20

Dead Lifts DB & BB
45/55/60

Supermans
Planks 1
Planks 2
Planks 3

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did 1 hour of yoga!!! It was amazingly relaxing and refreshing to me.
I will be going back for that class, I can actually feel like I got a workout too, so good for me!

Not sure what I'm doing tonight, getting together with some old coworkers and having dinner together.

Everyone's workouts look killer, go get em!

Have a great day!

Back from dropping off at school. I am getting ready to go do weights. Had to let my protein smoothie settle first. I have been using whey protein called Bio Chem that is pretty good. No cholestral or fat and low sodium too. I want to go back to the nutrition store and get some other flavors. I bought chocolate but want to try peaches and cream and caramel swirl.

Lora, I will have to see how In the Ring comes out for me. Yesterday I did Hi/Low Knockout.

Hi Debbie,

It was me who wanted the rotation. You really seem to be liking it. Please email it to [email protected]

Also, can I order the avon eye cream from you? Let me know if that works or if I should try to find a local rep. I would prefer to give you the business but not sure how all that works.

Which ab workout did you do that was so effective? I remember it was from the 4DS - but can't remember which one it was. I do not like those step workouts from that series, but I love the boot camp and kick box.

Anyway, today is the day I work with clients so I do active rest on Weds.

Great workouts everyone! You all are great!

Meals for today

M1: protein smoothie
M2:turkey wrap on light flat out with arugula (I am digging these)
M3: yes - a second turkey wrap !!
M4: yogurt and cottage cheese mixed together (I like the FAGE yogurt but have been having trouble finding it and tried the Kroger Carb Master which is tasty, low carb and really inexpensive!)
M5: southbeach diet snack protein bar
M6: Chicken sausage / orzo stuffed peppers with salad and broccoli
M7: almonds

calories - 1400
carbs - 123g 32%
protein - 125 g 37%
fat 46.7G 31%

Have a great day all - it is rainy here in Nashville.

Morning Maniacs,

Still have major DOMS in my lats! Ouch! Anyway today was supersets done in three sets of eight with 1 minute rests.

Chest/Back
Flat Barbell Press
8/8/8 - 105#
Underhand Barbell Rows
8/8/8 - 95#

Biceps/Hamstrings
Barbell Curls
8/8/8 - 58#
Elevated SLDL's
8/8/8 - 128#
***s/h tried 59# for biceps, but kept good form so I am happy, Also SLDL was suppose to be 125# but had new bar and guessed the weight of the bar itself wrong***Had DH weigh it afterward!

Shoulders/Quads
Upright Rows
8/8/8 - 67#
Leg Extensions
8/8/8 - 70#
***impressed with the upright rows!, mad about extensions, looked back and saw I once did them with 77 1/2#, darn knee!

Then did LIC abs, skipping the planks, lats needed a break and rows and SLDL was enough for them!

Debbie - I think both Ally and I need the rotation. Next week is my rest then I'll be looking for something new. And Ally asked for it the other day. BTW, nice workout, as always!

Lora - Sorry about the job, really hope you find something better soon. Also, DH is settle his uncle's estate and wants me to sell some stuff on ebay, which I know nothing about. Any advice?

Waving "Hi!" to everyone else!

Linda - This rotation has really strengthened you. You are now doing bench press at 105#!!! Do you believe that??? Awesome job. And your barbell curls are quite impressive too. My wrists hurt but I still like doing them that heavy. Ok on the rotation. I'll get it to you soon.

Shewolf: Ooh we! FBP 105# Next Chest & Back workout I do, guess what? I’m stepping my game up, it’s time. Nice job!

Wanted to pop in before leaving for today, too say, have a good evening. I have a 3 o’clock dentist appt. And I have a feeling I’m going to be there a few hours. I called and the receptionist said he has a full day.

So far this is all I’ve eaten: I will be taking M4 with me, just in case I get to hungry

M1: 2 Tbsp of protein w/1/2 grapefruit
M2: 3 egg white and grits
M3: 3 chicken balls w/string cheese
M4: yogurt & 2 Tbsp flax seed

Lora - how do you like that program? Is it like P90X? I see the website where you can get the program for $77.00. How many DDVDs come with it?

Just curious.

Linda - My husband's father passed away in January and we have posted some of his stuff on Craig's list. I like it because it is like ebay, but local so you don't have to worry about miscalculating the shipping (which I have done and lost my a__ on). You may want to check it out.

I finished Slow and Heavy Chest and Back.Wore my HR monitor and I had burned 175 calories doing S&H.
nutrition stats for yesterday carbs were up because I saw my sodium had climbed and so my last meal was applesauce and protein powder mixed in water. Cholestral was good though. Only 45
1793 calories; 131.8 gm protein; 234 gm carb; 41.1 gm fat
29.9% 52% 20.6%
So far today I have had morning 1post cardio shake of coffee, 1/2 cup light soy milk, chocolate whey protein powder, and General Foods international Coffee Mocha decaf sugar free and ice:9
2 Post weights I had 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 scoop of BSN Cinnamon Roll and 1/4 cup plain yogurt
3 lunch salad with spinach and strawberries and 4 oz flounder.
Made my own dressing with a couple Tbs of low sugar orange marmalade, rice vinegar, lemon juice, and some onion powder, fresh ground pepper. It was just the right amount of sweet and tart for the salad and fish:)

Today
Chest
Bench Press 2x8rep 35# dumbbells; 1x8 30# dumbbells
flys 3x8 25# dumbbells
incline press 3x8 30# dumbbells
incline flys 3x8 25# dumbbells
Push ups 1x8 no weight
Back
Dumbbell Rows 3x8 35# dumbbells
Pullovers 1x8 55# dumbbell; 2x8 50# dumbbell
Deadlifts 3x8 35# dumbbells
supermans held 1# hand weights
planks no weight

No time for personals..bit of a hurry. Still got to work abs when I get off work.

Here is what I did:

Leg Extensions 95# and 3/8

Deadlifts 135# 3/8

Squats 170# 3/8 (should have gone up to 180 as I feel stronger)

ATG Squats 120# 3/8 (gonna stick with this weight for a bit)

Hamstring Press 50# 3/6 (these are so dag gone hard)

Firewalkers 2/20

Now I got to white strip myself and get out the door (crest strips) hehe Been bleaching my teeth and my face..got the Obagi Clarifying stuff and liking it!!!

Nice workouts everyone!!! We are all true maniacs!!!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey & soy protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: On whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: 4 oz. chicken breast in salad w/light Honey mustard dressing & 2 tbsp. sliced raw almonds
M5: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese mixed w/Vanilla yogurt
M6: 4 oz. 95% ff beef patty; salad w/Parmesan dressing
M7: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1797 calories
56 g. fat - 28%
208 g. protein - 46%
112 g. carbs - 25%
[/font]

Didn't plan too well today. Not sure why my calories are so high as well as the carbs. Weird. Oh well, I've been quite hungry lately anyways.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.