Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed June 13

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs - I wanted to be up earlier ....but I hit the wrong buttom on my alarm. I'm planning on doing Tracey Staehle sculpt and hopefully kickbox and yoga. Don't know if I have time for everything though, as I have to go do the door to door job search later.

Be back later.

I ended up doing Tracey's Full Body Sculpt and High Intensity Kickbox Challenge. Workout was 1 hour 25" and I burned 450 calories. I wore my weighted gloves for the kickbox and was surprised that my HR stayed higher. I also added a bit more impact. I then added on Rapid Results Pilates - 10 min Solutions - Waist Slimmer and used my magic circle and Hemalaya Behl's Yoga for Urban Living - Morning Quickie.

Have great workouts. I've got to eat, do my neck stretches and go job hunting. Be back later.

This morning was cardio so I did Cardio Coach #3 which is 35 minutes and then I did a steady state to reach 55 minutes. Then I did the ab work from Cardio & Weights. Love those walking soldier planks!

Cardio stats:
53 min.
48 min. in zone
328 calores burned
3.1 miles

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good morning
Took this whole weekend off of working out. Sat had a bachlorette party to go to so sunday did not feel like working out:):(
Monday was drillmax
Tues Hardcore extreme intervals and leg drills. My legs are so sore! Do not know what I'm going to do tonight any suggestions?:) I'm doing cardio muscle endurance workouts.
Have great workouts ladies
Off to work
Randi

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Chest/Back and abs today.

Lora,

I have to go door to door too. I am gonna be a beggar woman today. lol. I really got to get one. We have been in a surplus for a bit, but soon running out. I am not eating Chef Boyardee out of the can for supper. lol.

Charlotte~~

Starting now.......Starting today...........

Up Protein……
Reduce Carbs …
Reduce Cardio 2x per week…
Adding meats 2x a week into diet ……
Working Hard……

Rotation is simply UB and lower body :) :)

Years back I did a 4 week rotation with MIS my results was awesome, so therefore I have decided to give it another try. I have always heard that Strength Training is the key to a lean and Muscular bod, therefore going to put this theory to the test. Starting now…starting today, cardio will be only 2x per week

MIS (entire)
Lower –legs & glutes
MIS (entire)
Lower body – butts & guts
MIS (entire)
Lower body – legs & glutes
Rest day or cardio

Suggestions Welcome :)

Teddygirl~

I finished my workout and have started a little house cleaning. I started with Kelly Coffey Step Box, then did the premix of Amy's KBX intervals and bonus bag, Barry's Bootcam arms and abs, finished with Seasun's BOSU blast core/abs and stretch.

Lora and Charlotte good luck with the job hunting. I hope you both find something soon.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I just applied at a waterpark, hotel and another fitness center. I applied at this same fitness center last year. They never called. I am not giving up. Tomorrow I will drive 40 mins from home and apply for some more.

Gonna work chest/back now. Later girls.

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs! Got my workout in.

Here goes:

Circuit- *2 sets *15 reps *no rests *Janis Joplin tunes.:)

WG pulldowns 70#
Stiff leg deadlifts 65# (the hook gloves work good for this)
Butt kicks 1 min.

Seated cable row 70#
Forward lunges 20's
Butt kicks 1 min.

SB back extension
SB hamstring curls
Jumping Jacks 1 min.

DB curls 15's
Jumping jacks 1 min.
50 bicycles

Concentration curls 12's
Jumprope 1 min.
Mason twists 50

Workout was 49 min. I then did Yoga Shatkis forward bends. 15 min.

Teddy- Hope you get some more responses on your rotation. I personally feel you will be overworking legs...unless you are going for a 'freestyle' type rotation with low weights. I would think you'd need a days rest inbetween. You should post over in the rotations forum. You should get some great responses over there. I love your enthusiasm!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Alot of drama going on here. DD needs to break up with boyfriend. Tired of her crying all the time. Tired of him trying to control every friggin' thing she wants to do..where to go, etc. I hope she moves on.

Anyhow, got in my workout:

Lat Pulldowns 100# 3 sets/6
One Arm Rows 35's 3 sets/8
Bench 80# 3 sets...6/5/3 (so hard for me with bench) WHY?????
Flyes 35's 3 sets/6

Ab work...

BB rollouts with 55# bar 20x's
Standing Crunches with 60# off smith machine 25x's
Bicycle move 50x's
Crunchy Frog (P90X) for 1 min.
Oblique: (side crunches or whatever they are called..each side 25x's)

Dallys - great ride!!

Deb - great workout as usual. GH really sucks and I was looking at a Soap Digest standing in line at the store and it says jason is leaving. That is terrible. I think the writer's must have gone on vacation. Sucks lately.

Toasty - keep up the pavement pounding. You just need to be in the right place at the right time!! You will get something. Persistence Pays off.

Diane Sue - did you see my post to you last night asking you to try lat pull downs with the silver band and give me your opinion. I want to buy it but I don't know if it would be any heavier than my extreme band (equal to about 50 pounds from BB). Hate to keep asking and be a pain, as the band doesn't cost that much, and maybe I should just get it.

TeddyGirl - is that the advice you got from everyone on the Forum? I haven't seen yesterday's thread yet to see if you got answers.

I just got home. Dropped off 13 resumes in Medical Practices in the Suburb I live in (Boardman). Had to go down our other house and wait for the gas man all afternoon. Then got called for a job interview .....from this morning.....went to that........went to the grocery store and when I got home from the store, I got another interview for tomorrow morning and I also had a message from the place I interviewed to call them back -- they probably want me to come work there.....it only pays $7 an hour.....that's slightly higher than minimum wage. It's not a cake job either. It's working in a medical practice doing billing, posting charges, insurance verifications, etc. There is a chance to get a monthly bonus depending on how much money you collect. I'm not calling her back until after my interview in the morning with an Ankle & Foot Care Center.

Lora, I guess I missed your post last night. I am sorry. I put my silver tubing over the top of the Bowflex since I don't have a door attachment and did lat pulldowns kneeling on the floor. It had good resistance that way. I tried 1 arm rows standing on it and it is not hard to me. I can do biceps curls standing with both feet in the middle of the tubing but that is very difficult and I don't think I would be doing very many at a time. The thing with tubing is that some of the resistance changes depending on how far you have to pull. If I put it around my feet and try and do rows seated I have to hold on further down the tubing.

Diane Sue - Thanks so much.....hmmmmm ...it doesn't sound very heavy. I know all the tricks to making it harder, but I doubt it's heavier duty than the Extreme Beachbody Black Band I have, but then on the other hand....is it? I don't know if I should get it or not. I'll decide tomorrow. I'm previewing my Pit Workouts. All they are is kickboxing, tons of squat thrusts, and zillions of pushups..........I don't know if they are good for me with my injury. I could always modify and substitue some dumbbell exercises ....but then I wouldn't be following the DVD totally. I'll have to view them more and decide.

Lora, I was thinking of getting them but when I read the reviews at Amazon about working so hard they felt like vomiting, I wasn't sure that I wanted them. Let me know what you think. Not sure about those pushups and squat thrusts either. Not sure what to tell you about the tubing I purchased 3 from the silver down to the yellow.

Yes - but you use your Bowflex to actually work your lats, right? I know the silver would be good for somethings, but I need the heaviest available for lats since i don't have a bowlfex.

better go try to fall asleep. I've taken 2 Ambien's, valerian root and melatonin and I'm wired. All this job stuff is running around my brain.

talk to you in the AM.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.