Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed., Jan. 16th

Today was total body. I have one more and my 8 weeks are done. Then I will take a week off which I'm looking forward to. My body really needs it. I did not even feel like working out this morning so I know it's time for a break.

[font color=green]SS #1[/font]
[font color=indigo]BACK/CHEST[/font]
Wide Grip Pullups:
7/5/4
superset w/
Incline Barbell Press:
105# - 8/8/8 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Pullups sucked today. I just did not have any strength for them.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #2[/font]
[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS/BICEPS[/font]
Elevated SLDL's:
100# - 8/8/8 (same)
superset w/
Dumbbell Curls:
30's - 8/8/8 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***I Can't believe I'm doing curls with 30's. Never thought this would happen, especially 8 reps.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #3[/font]
[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS/QUADS[/font]
Wide Grip Upright Rows:
62# - 8/8/8 (up 2#)
superset w/
Leg Extensions:
125# - 8/8/8 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Not much to comment here. LOL![/font]

[font color=indigo]ABS[/font]
Muscle Endurance ab work

That is all...

Anne - It's my dad, not my FIL. He is doing good. I need to call my step brother later to see how he did last night. So far, so good. Thanks for asking! :)

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am working legs. Gonna do 500 walking lunges with 40# db's in sets of 25's, do some deadlifts and calf raises. I am suppose to do Kenpo today, but I need my legs to be worked more then that. JMHO.

Debbie,

Not hard curling 30's is it? Do 35's next month. hehe. Great job! And you still kicked butt on the bench.

Morning Maniacs,

Well, this cold is kicking my butt! I am okay as long as I am stationary. Anyway, since I am hardheaded and am still trying to get the extra pounds from last year off, I did a bodyweight workout this morning. It was all that I thought I could handle. It is from Turbulence Training and is done in supersets with basically no rests. So it got my heart rate up and got me sweating, so I feel accomplished.

Pushups 3x15 w/ 2-0-1 count
superset w/
Inverted Rows 3x8 w/ 2-0-1 count

One-legged Squats 3x8 w/ 3-1-1 count
superset w/
Bicycle Crunch 3x30 w/ 2-1-1 count

Bulgarian Split Squat 3x8 w/ 2-1-1 count
superset w/
Elevated Pushups 3x8 w/ 2-0-1 count

One-legged Reaching Lunges 3x8 w/ 2-0-1 count
superset w/
Mountain Climbers 3x12 w/ 1-0-1 count

Debbie - Awesome workout girl! You blow my mind. You also challenge me to try and catch up!:p

For those that are done- Great workouts. For those who will do them later - Have a great Workout!

Linda

{b]Linda[/b] - I seen on the Open Discussion that you have a pair of those "Perfect Pushup" things. Do they work your upper body well? Does it feel different from regular pushups? I'm interested in buying them but not sure they are worth the $$$. I've gotten tight in my old age! LMAO!!!

Hey maniacs, I had a great workout today, I did Drill Max double cardio premix, 4ds back and biceps, Ab work from the shoulders and calves segment. Took 1:45 burned almost 1000 calories, really worked it hard because it's my last workout for the week, having surgery tomorrow.

Randi - your dog is adorable, I lover her bows.

Have a great rest of the week everyone.

Debbie - I just posted more information over in OD to help them decide, so I'll copy it here for you.

Okay, I just got my PP handles for Christmas, so I haven't used them a lot, but I'll share what I know so far. Pushups for me are hard on my wrists, and I tried using dumbbells , but still found them uncomfortable for my hands and my wrists. I don't remember any thumb pain directly though. Anyway, with the PP handles my wrists do not hurt, now I do not do the full quarter turn they suggest yet, because that seems to make the pushups harder, but the handle does allow for my wrist to turn enough on its own for comfort. Also, the handles allow for a better ROM so the pushups are tougher anyway! By the way, I do my pushups on my toes. HTH

Just to add to that, yes I do believe they work your upper body well. When I have tried them with the turn there is a contraction at the top of the movement that really works the chest and of course stabilizing through the added motion works your arms!:p I'm tight too, that's why I went with the $20 version, $40 was just too much.

Linda

Linda - Thanks! I think I'll get a pair. You said you got yours from Wal Greens. I seen them there when my dh and I went Christmas shopping. I should have grabbed them then.

I finished my workout and ran an errand before the weather gets bad. Not sure if we will have snow here or not. I started my workout with Sharon Twombly's All Body Attack premix cardio only (no abs or str) I did this on my Bosu and it worked out well, then I did Seasun's Bosu Blast cardio only, I then did P90X TOtal Body + and finished off wit Tracey Staehle's Glute Camp standing leg work and stretch.

Debbie, I saw the perfect pushup stands at Target yesterday.

Adina, I hope your surgury goes well for you tomorrow.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hello Ladies!

Where's Lora? And Dallys? Oh my!

This morning I did CC#4. It may be a little bit shorter, but it sure packs a punch. I really need to get off of the ellip and back on the bike b/c of my hip. But DH needs to download the driver on my laptop and we keep forgetting. I had a great workout. Still getting HR in the 190's. Dang it. It will be nice when I get my cardio conditioning back after that little break I took over Christmas.

Have any of you heard of the bender ball (benderball.com)? My friend is thinking of getting one but wants to know if anyone has heard of it.

Adina - Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I know you'll love it!

It's so cold and windy here. When I left my house the temp was 0 and the windchill was -30!!! I have to go to Wal-Mart at lunch and I am dreading going out. :(

Great workouts so far everyone!

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Banana Cream BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Grilled Garlic Chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/2 banana & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M6: 95% ff beef burger patty; salad w/ light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

Have no clues what my calories or macros are since I left the sheet at home.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Done with workout:

500 walking lunges with 40's in sets of 50's this time.

Deadlifts with 110# 3 sets/10 and Calf Raises (same)

EATS:

Meal 1: Kelloggs Protein Plus Cereal and 2 eggs
Meal 2: Protein Bar and Yogurt
Meal 3: Turkey Patty, Spinach Salad, Sweet Potato and some grapes
Meal 4: Protein Shake
Meal 5: Lasagne w/wheat pasta and salad

Hello Maniacs!

Been a long day...but better late than never.

I ran on the treadmill this morning for 4.75 miles. At lunch I warmed on the elliptical and then did back weight work.

Hopefully, I'll have more time to chat tomorrow.

Take care!

Hi Everyone,

Late here, but I wanted to post anyway. I did Total Body Plus and it felt good! Last night I did Interval Plus and Abs and could really feel it today, didn't think I would from yesterday, but I do and that's a good thing!

We're supposed to get some snow and ice here tonight. We'll see, I would love to see some snow, not ice!

Sandy,

Good job girl! Work it! We are suppose to be getting nasty weather here too. My son is already planning to have a day off from school. lol.

Marietta,

Glad you checked in. I was getting ready to come for ya! lol.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.