Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Jan 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's Cardio Pump Step - Weight portions x 2 only followed by a set of lateral shoulder raises, and some gliding legs on my own at the end and then I did the stretch from Body Max. Total workout time was 1 hour 15 minutes and my HRM stated I burned 550 calories, but it was wrong cuz it still needs my weight set in it. I'm guessing it should be about 80-100 less than that?

Have great workouts everyone.

Diane Sue - thanks for the idea for the workouts. I got your DVDs ready to go and I put a few BPAL samples in there for you, so be sure to look for them. Remember that when I did the Hi/Lo Gliding workout, I had to make it a lot higher impact to get my HR up....so keep that in mind when doing it. At least it will be a good add on and give you a bit of variety with your discs. I think you and I still need to contact Greg Twombly and make a Super Sonic Gliding aerobic workout!! Fast and intense.

Good morning ladies!

Debbie and Char - how's the neck?
Suz, did you get that workout in last night?
Meg, glad you took a rest day. That is always so hard for me to do! :p
Lora, I hope today goes better for you :)
Dallys, yesterday at DS's class, there were two mothers and one father taking class. They were blue, black and yellow belts!! They also have a seperate adult class. I think I am going to do it!!! :7 I will have to wait a couple of months, though, until money catches back up with us after the holidays.

Today I am doing abs and beating on Bob. :7 He is my punching bag. I am going to do one of my classes from way back in the day on him: lots of kicks, squats, and very simple punching combiniations. It is a GREAT total body burner! I shouldn't be able to get out of bed tomorrow. :p

Well, gotta run and get the kids up. Have a fantastic day!
Missy

Good morning maniacs!!!!

Debbie we got snow!!!...I woke up to 1 inch on the ground and those crazy forcasters didn't even mention it last night. I think just south of us in Toledo it is much less though. DH's boys even have a 2 hour school delay. It looks soo pretty outside.....think I'll stay home with the boys for a couple hours..

Missy, go for it, what a great inspiration to your child to see you doing it too!!

Char...tuck jumps, well I can only do a few of those maniac temper tantrum. I have to be careful with my knees...so far so good, but I did have some pain the first few times I did pylo. I'm just afraid to take it up to high.

Suz...I need that snipe program...is it free shareware? post a link for that. HOw facinating....I've got my eye on a couple ellipticals..on e-bay.

Meg...sometimes you just have to listen to your body...!! you are driven and won't lose that drive in one day.

Lora...stop it woman. You are not stupid...there is a huge learning curve to this stuff. New system, new people, new area that has nothing to do with medicine....cut yourself some slack!!!

Anne...counting down...1 week right???? positive vibes...it's all good.

Dallys...I love ebay, hate shopping, I would rather buy everything online..

Ok, well, I have two extra hours this morning and do ya think I would be doing my biceps and back? HA no! I think I'll go color my hair...trying the stuff suz uses this time. I'm also pre-medicating with benadryl...just in case because I still have sores behind my ears from the last reaction!!!!

Later gators..

Amber

Morning ladies. I think i am going to start a too dam much going on to work out thread...Yesterday was 9-7:30 and i came home because i was starving, exhausted. DD is supposed to get discharged today.Urologist said everything looks god, but the back is still bothering her..
I really need to get some weights in this last week.i am going to be down for a month or more.Then nothing over 10 for a month and no chest work for 2 months. Bummer. I plan on getting on the recumberant bike or at least walking (no bouncing on the treadmill) after 2 weeks.I will be back in the weanie workouts again.I think the part is bothering me most an not being able to hold the grandson.

Tou have all had some kicka** workouts this week.

Cold is better,just draining. Can't take nothn.Puffs Plus...LOL...
I could probably spit like a man.

Deb, we have like almost an inch of snow, but supposed to be 60 here Sat...

Gonna have DH take some close up before and after pics. No makeup then i will do some afters. PSurgeon took some. It was funny to have him measuring and stuff w/ the DH sitting there. LOL. Another man touchng me. I am just standingthere MMMHMMMM looking in the sky...
Guess he probably sees alot..
Well, i dropped 2 more #. I have not had an appetite.At least one good thing this week.

Well, off to make food for lunch and get to work.
Hopefully PS up and lower combo tonite. I am counting on nothing this week.

I think i am taking my bands to work. If the afternoon is slow i can do some arms , squats and shoulders with the bands...I otta take a matt too and do some abs. I will dress comfy... LOL...

Have a great day. Work out hard for me...

Morning!

Quick check-in. Gotta go meet Tony. He's in my basement!!! It's Back & Biceps (Charlotte). Went to bed at 9 like promised. Was up about 5 times though. What IS my problem!

Amber - I got your package! YOU ARE SOOOOO SWEET!!!!!!! I TOTALLY didn't expect that!!!!! Will PM you later. THANK YOU! I'm so excited! Can't wait to play the sheet music either. I think the snipe program you have to buy. I'll letcha know though. DH is still snoozing til 6am. :)

Okay, gotta run. I swear I just heard Tony call out my name. :p

Hi Lora and Missy and everyone else who follows! Hopefully more later. Work is just nutso.

ETA: Storm - we posted at the same time. Good morning to you too!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good Morning Maniacs!

Amber- that's funny! Coloring your hair instead of doing WO! I would do the same thing. Hope it turns out good, and no reaction. Still undecided if I like mine after highlighting it the other day. I think a professional would have done better LOL!! I might just all over dye it if I don't ge tused to it. Gonna do some major conditioning first though. What brand are you using? I usually use Loreal Paris Feria.

Anne- that is going to be hard not holding GS. When I was on bedrest, it was weird how Chase just knew that something wasn't right so he didn't ask to be held, and he always brought his toys to the couch and took naps with me on the couch. He was so good, but as soon as daddy walked thru the door he went hog wild LOL!! I am sure it will be fine.

Missy- oh that sounds like fun! I need a punching bag! Glad I rested yesterday too.

Suz- hopefully your day won't be to nutso. Tell Tony I said hi! So was it decided for sure- does he shave his legs? My old roomate in Colorado dated a guy who did that. We were both on the couch watching TV and I was trying not to obviously look, but I kept steeling peaks, like "NOOOOO, he doesn't? Does he?" Weird!LOL!!

Lora- good WO. I hope your day gets better. YOU WILL catch on. Don't worry about the past. Like Amber said, that is alot to learn. Did you watch GH last night? Do you think Carly will marry Sonny? Poor Jaxy???

Well, I am sure 5 people probably posted while I typed this book! Good morning to you all.

I need a good WO today. No idea what to do, so you guys will be the first to know when I figure it out!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good Morning, today I will be doing a kickbox workout, & p90X Back & Biceps no ab ripper, I did that yesterday so will do it with p90x legs plus add ons tomorrow no back. If I am lucky I will have some time for more yoga or stretching:) I need to go back to the store and get some more clean food today.

Lora, more bpal samples:D I can't wait. I loved the last ones. I used them all up. I went to Body Shop a couple of weeks ago and got a bottle of their scented oil. Not near as nice. I was disappointed in their selection. I mixed some of it into my unscented Cerve Body Cream dd got from her office. I was thinking I might do some gliding tomorrow on leg day as part of my cardio. I really did feel it working, I guess I kind of like to feel like a limp noodle when I am done working out or I don't feel like I put in full effort. But I know that workouts are effective without doing that everyday. I did add some intensity to the original gliding dvd's that came with the discs so the workout wasn't too bad. Good workout:)

Missy, I bet your ds would get a kick out of you joining a class too:) We had friends once whose whole family went to taekwondo classes together.

Charlotte & Debbie how are the necks today?

Maeghan, are you feeling better? I hope you are feeling up to a workout today.

Anne, how is your daughter. Is she going home soon?

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

My neck is still sore, I used an icy/hot patch last night and I have one on now. Its just sore, though, so hopefully I'll be good to go tomorrow for my upper body workout. We'll see.

This morning I did Cardio Coach #6, I think this one is my favorite. I'm getting so much better at the longer jog/runs periods and I know where my settings should be on my treadmill now. Its weird when you get to your level 3 which for me is around 140 bpm, it seems so hard but the longer you are there the easier it gets. I got pissed though, because my HR monitor kept dropping to 80 bpm while I was at my toughest challenges. With these workouts you have to keep your HR at a certain level and when the HR monitor drops to 80 bpm for no apparent reason, its really frustrating! Its been doing that a lot lately, not sure whats going on. Maybe it needs a new battary?

Workout was 1:04, was in my zone for 50 minutes and burned 343 calories.

Amber & Anne - we got about an inch or 2 of snow as well. I'm so happy! The trees are so pretty with snow on the branches.

Char - how's the neck girl?

Have great workouts, everyone!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

The neck is so much better. Thanks for asking, girls. So today is Bicep work...oh, yeah!!!! I guess Diane Sue and the rest of us P90Xer's are doing same thing. I have to clean my house today too and FIL wants to look at a few more homes.

Meg,

I do hope you are feeling better today with the physical problems you have been dealing with.

Suz,

Why are you ignoring Tony, don't you know he is demanding??? I am really growing to like him more and more. I love his personality. He is a very cool guy. Let us know how you did when your done.

Anne,

I got your package..thank you very much. Your a sweetie. I got it a few days ago. Just been busy and forgetful.

Your gonna have some boobs woman...real soon! Do what you can for now, but just think....you are gonna have fun getting back into your workouts when your done recooperating.

Amber,

Snow? What is that? Haven't seen any yet. I bought 5 boxes of hair dye this weekend. CLose out for $4 and had a coupon for $2 off. I took them all. I will never be gray. I bought some crest white strips too so my teeth will never be anything but bright white. I just got my Aethna cream too so I will be wrinkle free too for 7 WHOLE MINUTES!!!!!! LMAO! Though the cream still is good for the skin even after that. Oy!

Missy,

Have fun beating up Bob! LOL! Sounds like so much fun. I love the kickboxing. BTW, your doing great with your running. I know I started to run when we were all talking and haven't since, but got addicted to the bike rides instead.

Lora,

Let me know when you get Wolf Moon?

Debbie,

Where are you?

Charlotte~~

Debbie,

There you are! Tricep woman!!!! Burning the ole' treadmill again. My hrm is suppose to be hear soon. I guess I better check the status for delivery, etc. Looks like everyone is getting snow but us. I swear, it is like another planet here. Suppose to be 70 again on Sunday. Weird.

Charlotte~~

Hey
HOw is everyone doing?:)
I'm getting ready to do S&H chest and triceps and Imax 3 premix. My legs are screaming this morning !
Ok my mom bought a USB cable to hook up the camera to the computer where do I go to pull up the pictures? I'm a dumb a## when it comes to computer stuff.
I'll be back later
RAndi

Morning Maniacs! This morning is CC#3. I'm off to do that as soon as my tea is down.:) I won 3 pair of high end biking shorts on E-bay last night. I'm tickled pink they only cost $25 for all 3 including shipping. I hope they fit. They are Mediums. I'd rather them be loose than tight. We'll see. I also have another pair of a different brand coming any day now. I'm gonna get out of Nerdy biking mode, just you wait and see! Or am I entering Nerdy biking mode? LOL!!

Off to the basement...read and talk later.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Randi they should come up in your documents.The computer should find new hardware and then you should be able to use your camera program or windows to upload them. Then go to picture trail and register and then go to upload photos.You can search in documents for them and click on them. You can do 5 at a time easily.
Then in your signature post the link..User menu. It is really easy. Just ask as you go. We will help.
Then look at my sig. Picture trail then user name.
Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Bionics,

Don't get me started. You will have me buying some too. I wanna be all nerdy too...or am I already???? lol. I gotta find something else to wear when I bike...my denim shorts cut into my thighs now and my jeans are not practical cuz they are all flared at bottoms..enough to get caught in bike.

I should drink some hot tea too. Cold here.

Charlotte~~

Finished up CC2revised. It's a little different than the original. the original is all hills. The revised has a sprint to get off of the mountain and away from the tribe. LOL! The last challenge is also different. I burned 217 cal. AHR 144(yeah). Then I did Tony Hortons Ho'Ale Ki Kino workout. THAT would be a great one for all you Yoga Haters. It's only 27min. It's on a Hawaii Beach.

Dang...Get to personals later... Gotta go!

Char-You Know you're Nerdy! DOH!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Maniacs

Suz..you are quite welcome:+ I love sarah...wish I had some guitar music to share with Dallys...but none here, although I did hear the sheet music for sarah that is guitar is more accurate than the piano sheet music out there.

Lora, I was just researching and the topic of stress came up with job changing...

*** people who are experiencing serious stress and change may not be capable of performing exactly as they have in the past. (THIS IS TEMPORARY)

*** It can also cause defensiveness, lack of motivation, difficulty concentrating, accidents, reduced productivity, and interpersonal conflict. (DIFFICULTY CONCENTRATING...we've all been there!!)

***During stressful times or situations, people often blame themselves for being weak or for their inability "to handle it." (WE WON'T LET YOU FALL FOR THIS ONE...WE KNOW YOU ARE NOT WEAK..YOU CAN HANDLE ANYTHING!!!!)

Just thought I would try and pick up your day by letting you know you are normal...very normal...well, a maniac, but normal.
}( }(

Amber

Okay - tried to post from work. Didn't take. Restarted my computer and will try again (I know, I complain that I'm busy and then spend all this time doing this...). Shame on me! That's how important you all are to me. :)

Back & biceps was good. I was tired at first but got my second wind. Lifted lighter on a few things b/c I noted that I needed to due to poor form. But lifted heavier on some b/c I noted that too. My tris aren't sore like last week. We'll see if my bi's get sore. Tony said something that cracked me up - didn't notice it last time. Something about gonna blow his esophagus. He's so funny! I really like him. Ab Ripper X - those crunchy frogs still burn my quads so much! Why can't I get used to them?

Meg - Post your hair and we can all decide for you. :p

Diane Sue - Glad you're doing Back & Biceps with us. Can you believe I JUST NOTICED today that Ab Ripper X is tacked on to that workout. I usually take it out and put Ab Ripper in. So I guess it's at the end of all the workouts that require it on those days????? I'm such a dork!!! That saves a couple of minutes anyway.

Debbie - I hate when my HR monitor does that. I wonder why they do? I really need to get CC6.

Char - I'm sorry to tell you that we are getting more snow. But also freezing temps - like 5 degrees during the day. Brrrr..... All weekend too. Not much accumulation though I don't think. They're really not saying. And yes, I really do love Tony. He's just so fun-loving. I don't know how people couldn't like him. He's just having a good time and helping people to become better. You can't argue with that.

Randi - Looking forward to your pics. And I'm just so impressed with your workouts. And your short posts. Wasn't I gonna try that? Nah!

Dallys - You dorky? Never! What is this Tony workout you're talking about? I want them all!

Debbie - Where have you been? How did you miss Storm's boob job??? :)

I'll have to ask DH about that snipe program tonight and post about it.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.