Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Feb 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did P90X+ Upper Body & Abs & Core Plus. I used my arm slings and ankle weights for the ab/core part. I did Kettlebell Swings during the breaks to keep my HR up and practice my form on them. Workout was 69" and I burned 487 calories. I chose the music off option and listened to Three Days Grace.

I got my Goddess KettleBell DVD last night....but I'm a bit nervous to try anything with my KB's since everyone keeps telling me I should buy an instructional DVD first and how form is so important and how you can hurt yourself with them.

This week has been hellish at work........can't wait for Friday to get here.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning
Yea! Last day of my rest day:) Tomorrow i'm starting the Feb '08 rotation, it still has my heavy weight traing but mixes things up as far as doing cardio first a circuit in there too but i'm going to wait till the 7 day to rest. I'm not doing any of the older cardios just can't get motivated from the music!

Lora great workout this morning, I hope your week get's better, it is almost Fri!

Diane, I like the athletic look too .Muscle milk Light only has 195 calories for 2 scoops and 2 grams of of sugar 6 grams of fat and 11 carbs. I love it I will either drink it after my workout which is probably the best or have it just as a mid day snack.
BBL
Randi
(oh I got my hair highlighted, picutre in pic trail)

Had an excellent workout this morning. Very taxing. By the 3rd superset I was ready to die. Definitely puke status workout.

1:30 minutes rest between each set

[font color=green]SS #1[/font]
[font color=indigo]BACK/CHEST[/font]
Close Grip Pullups: 10/8/8
superset w/
Incline Barbell Press:
97# - 8/8/8 (up 2# and PB)
[font color=blue]***Loved this superset. Incline's felt great![/font]

[font color=green]SS #2[/font]
[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS/QUADS[/font]
Wide Grip Upright Row:
62# - 8/8/8 (up 2#)
superset w/
Static Lunges:
90# - 8/8/8 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Wide grips were tough this morning for some reason. I had to use a different bar (EZ bar) because I was using my straight bar for the lunges. Not sure if that's why they felt harder?[/font]

[font color=green]SS #3[/font]
[font color=indigo]BICEPS/HAMSTRINGS[/font]
Hammer Curls:
30's - 8/8/8 (did not go up in weight, last week I did 8/8/6 reps)
superset w/
Elevated SLDL's:
95# - 8/8/8 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***This superset KILLED me. Hammer Curls were cheated on the last few reps of each set.[/font]

Doesn't look like much when I type it out, but my upper body is still shaking.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I did Yoga X last night with dh, but I also did P90X legs/back earlier. I was due to do Yoga today, but dh was scheduled for his yesterday so I decided to do it with him to support him since it was his first time. He did good. He made obnoxious noises at the end during the meditation pose. }( So today I will rest. Aunt Flo is here anyways.

Randi - Just read your post from last night. Don't listen to your mom. Do what YOU want to do. She has no right to tell you not to get big. If that's what you want, that's what you need to do. However, you are not "big", you look perfect to me. Nice muscle tone, you have a beautiful physique and your arms are to die for. My mom does the same damn thing to me. Tells me I look too muscular, that I'm going to ruin my body if I keep doing this. WTH? I pay her no mind and just do what I want. Hope you are feeling better today!!!

Good Morning, today was supposed to be P90X total body +. I woke up at 3:45 with a bad headache and neck pain on my right side. So, I did 4Day Split double cardio premix and will do yoga X. I will try to make up the total body tomorrow and do upper saturday with Kempo. I will get it all in :)

Randi, thanks for the information on Muscle Milk Light. What does the sodium look like on it? I couldn't see your highlight picture. It needed a password. I bet you are ready to get back to the workouts after the break:)

Charlotte, that was nice of you to do the yoga with your dh. Gives you a full rest day too:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey guys,
Did P90X Interval+. What I don't get is that Briggs guy...He has to be about 6'4" and legs that are neverending...He can do Carlito's 3-Way pushups like NOTHING. I'm 6' tall and I pop-plank like a clumsy long legged cartoon animal trying to skate on ice. I'm very flexible but for some reason, my legs just won't do it. UGH! At least I had a good workout in.

Lora- I will send you an email. KB is really not that hard. Most moves you really won't feel in your shoulders but you really, really have to focus on your stride and movement. KB is pretty much mentally challenging. When you do Windmills, be very, very careful. Use the lightest one possible because that can do a number on your shoulder. Snatch, clean, jerk, hang, etc really won't bother you as long as you really pay attention to what you're doing. I guarantee you will feel it in places you thought were well worked. It's also an excellent cardio type of a workout. I always feel like I'm going to die after I finish. Really, really makes you sweat and your heart is jumping out of your mouth. LOL The trick with KB is you can't go fast. A lot of people hate KB but I think you'd like it when you get the hang of it.

Char- Good for you for doing Yoga with DH! Anything naughty happen?? LOL }( (just kidding) I can't even do P90X Yoga. Too long and I feel like I'm going to pass out. Probably not breathing right. I thought Tony looked better in the new one than the old one. He looks better tan than like casper.

Randi- Hope you feel better today. I'll have to check the Fast Twitch. I know N.O Explode gave people headaches after a week or so. Muscle Milk is my fav. It really helps to pack on some muscles. I used the regular MM and gained 30 lbs of muscles with it but because it has creatine in it, I looked so puffy I stopped using it. I thank God they made the Lite one. I love that one. They also have the MM Lite protein bars, too which is delicious. They're quite small but very filling for 160 calories. I really think the regular MM is for hard gainers which is why they have high fat content in it. It sure tasted delicious though.

Hope you all have a good day!

Lisa :D

Morning Maniacs,

Today was full body with four sets of eight! My upper body is toast. I fell as though I can't barely lift my arms. And it's not pain there just nothing left!

Back
CG Pullups
8/8/8/8 (i did the first rep of each set unassisted, then just did the negative, really slow for the remaining, trying to make progress)

Chest
Incline Barbell Press
8/8/8/8 - 80# (up 5# and a new PB)

Legs
Traditional Deads
8/8/8/8 - 60# (first time doing these, very interesting)

Shoulders
DB Upright Rows
8/8/8/8 - 25's(these were tough as shoulders were still sore from Monday's Presses w/ 30's)

Hamstrings
Elevated SLDL's
8/8/8/8 - 95# (grip was shot by four set, so I used my hooks for safety)

Triceps
Lying DB Extensions
8/8/8/7 - 20's (another PB, won't be able to go up much next week as these were tough)

Then did BM abs.

Randi - You look great! Don't worry about what your mother says as long as you like the way you look. That's all that matters! My family thinks I am crazy too, but then they are all overweight.

Have a great day everyone!

Linda

Hi guys
Debbie thanks for your understanding. I dont understand the other day she said i'm getting to skinny then I bring home Muscle Milk and she said i'm getting to muscular!!!God give me a break! I think you have a great figure and are "shredded":) I love that look, Dont listen to you mom either!

Diane sue it has 125mg of sodium in 2 scoops. MY Passward is to see my hair is : bailey

Lisa. ya dont get the N.0. Explode if you don't want to gain weight it has creatine in it..I love fast twitch it really helps me feel stronger when i'm lifting and even doin cardio, after i'm done I still have energy and it also helps in feeling not hungrey or helps in over eating maybe? It's a good fat burner but doenst give you all those side effects that pills do, it's nothing like that!

I know i've asked this b/4 anyone purchase STS yet?:)
i'm waiting for my tax money hehehe
Randi

Linda - Nice workout! That was my first time doing traditional deads as well. I had to look them up online. I like doing them but have to be real careful with my low back. What were your weights for the DB upright rows? Also, I read something about wide grip pullups and how dangerous they are for your shoulders and wrists. So I won't be doing them anymore. I'm going to stick to chins and close grip pullups. Just thought I'd let you know.

Randi - Mom's are just weird!!!

Char - Yoga with the hubby, huh? Sounds interesting. :)

Debbie - Hey, the weight for the Rows was 25's. Apparently I couldn't type this morning either as my post was all funky. Should have checked it first. I googled the Traditionals this morning, poor planning on my part. I kept the weight where you had it so I could use this round to get the form down, so far so good. Thanks for the info on pullups, I've been working on the design for my bar with my Dad and if I don't have to do wides it makes it that much easier. How close do you go on close grips?

Linda

Lisa,

Dh liked me in the frog position. hehe. He thought him being in the frog position and Tony too was ghey though. LMAO! He also had a harder time concentrating and breathing. I don't think I helped either when I was in plough with my legs over my head. LMAO! We had fun though and I am proud he stuck with it cuz his feet kept bothering him...arch problem or something.

I know what you mean about the Carlito move. I do the same thing. The Interval workout really challenges me. I am not use to tons of cardio like that.

Linda - I went quite light with the traditional deads because that exercise scares me. Hopefully this time around I'll be able to do a bit more. My close grips are with palms facing out, about shoulder width apart.

Debbie - I agreed with you on going light the first time out with the traditionals that why I followed your lead. Didn't know how they would feel and went easy, wanted to make sure they aren't as hard as Hack Squats which kill me.

Linda

Linda - I like Hack Squats. Why do they kill you?

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Grilled garlic chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 12 banana slices & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M6: 95% ff beef burger patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1809.5 calories
58 g. fat - 29%
178 g. protein - 39%
149 g. carbs - 33%
[/font]

Debbie - I have real problem with form on Hack Squats, my shoulders roll forward so I end up dragging the barbell up the back of my legs and it kills my lower back. Don't know what I am doing wrong!

Finally home from work.......YAY!!

Randi - I meant to mention this morning............I'd be glad if my Mom said I looked too muscular!! That's ALWAYS a compliment. I don't think I'll ever hear that....but a Physical Medicine female physician once told me I was in "great shape" when I took my shirt off to get injections in my trigger points in my back! That's the only person who ever noticed I have some muscle tone!

Toasty - you and DH doing yoga together!! LOL. You were taunting him in Frog Pose....Naughty...Naughty.

Lisa - Yes, the ladies at Videofitness have "officially" scared me from trying any of my new DVDs. I bought the Goddess one, Iron Core with Sarah Lurie, Providence by Art of Strength and Steve Cotter's Extreme KB. I'll have to preview them later....but now I'm hesitant! Your post made me feel a bit better, although I'm still a bit paralyzed about diving in.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.