Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Feb 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did P90X+ Upper Body & Abs & Core (only part of Abs & Core). Workout was 62" and I burned 399 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am doing KPC instead of Kenpo. I have to take Speck to vets for her yearly shots so I will do the workout this morning and get it over with. Suppose to get snow today. Wearing Snow Moon (full moon too). Detect alittle masculinity in this scent. Not sure I am thrilled about that. lol. Well it doesn't smell like aftershave. hehe

Have great workouts!

Today was superset full body. Very taxing, but had an excellent workout. I am feeling so strong lately. Like nothing can stop me. Hope this feeling lasts.

1:30 minutes rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BACK/CHEST[/font]
Chinups: 12/9/8/8 (up from 10/8/8/8)
superset w/
Flat Barbell Press:
100# - 8/8/8/8 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***I'm pleased with my chinups. I could have done more with the first set but my form was suffering so I decided to quit. I'm shocked that I am up to 100# on the press for 8 reps.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS/BICEPS[/font]
Traditional Deads:
70# - 8/8/8/8 (up 5#)
superset w/
Incline Dumbbell Curls:
25's - 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***I'm really liking traditional deads. I read in M&F that they target more the lower and upper back but I certainly feel it big time in my quads and right where my glutes and hamstrings meet. I stayed the same as last week with my curls because my incline was a bit lower this week.[/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS/SHOULDERS[/font]
Elevated SLDL's:
95# - 8/8/8/8 (up 5#)
superset w/
Arnold Press:
26's - 8/8/8/8 (up 1 whole #)
[font color=blue]***By the time I got to this superset I was fried. I wanted to quit at the 3rd set but kept going. I was never so happy to finish a workout. I know my hammies will be sore tomorrow![/font]

That is all....

Did P90X+ Intervals. Gotta find something else to replace that one as I'm getting a tad bit tired of this one. Problem is none of Cathe's interval dvds kick my butt like Tony's Plyo and Interval+. Any suggestions for me to order a new one? No Amy's, please. I can barely do her cardio but sure love her weight training.

Lora- Do what I do. Ignore their asses. I wouldn't get too upset or riled up over their comments. You know what works for your body. A lot of women especially are catty towards others. You have the will power that they do not have. Just hold your chin up high and turn your nose from them.

Linda- What is seitan? What does it taste like? I used to be a vegetarian with occassional fish and shell fish but stopped because I miss my protein too much. I have no guts to be a vegan. I'd like to try it but it seems like it's pretty strict. What I would like to try is the raw food diet. I LOVE raw veggies more than cooked.

Char- Send some snow over here if you get some. Out of curiosity, what is the brand of the champagne strawberry cookies you loved so much a couple of months ago? Ever since you mentioned them, I look for them sometimes.

WD- I'm wondering what brand protein powder do you use? Have you ever tried the brand called Allmax IsoFlex?

Anyway, have a great day! Take care :)

Lisa

Morning Maniacs,

I continue my pursuit of DOMS with straight sets done in two sets of eight with 60 seconds rest.

Back
Chins
8/8 (I did five unassisted,Woo-Hoo! then 3 unassisted, I am so proud of me, but I must admit It was my forearms that gave out on the second set)

Chest
Barbell Bench Press
8/8 - 100# (only lift 100# for 5 reps before)

Quads
Squats
8/8 - 105# (probably could have gone higher, but felt this and am worried that my thighs are getting bigger, not sure what to do about that)

Shoulders
Dumbbell Press
8/8 - 28's

Calves
Calf Raises
8/8 each Front/out/in - 120# (needless to say my calves were fried)

Triceps
Lying Barbell Extensions
8/8 - 50# (didn't think I could do 50#, but I did)

Then did Bootcamp abs premix.

Debbie - Awesome workout! Hope your high keeps going! I am restocking my supplements and wanted to ask you what brand of BCAA you use?

Sandy - Great going on the workouts! Kept my eating clean yesterday. My treat was skim milk with a touch of vanilla cream stevia. Took care of the sweet tooth.

Lisa - seitan is a meat replacement made from just the protein part of wheat. So for you it's probably out. If you purchased seasoned ones they are reminiscent of either chicken or beef, but if your looking for the real thing the taste won't cut it. BTW, being a vegan was very hard, which was why I gave it up.

Well, that's all from here...

Linda

Lisa,

I don't remember the brand name. Was purchased at The Apple Cottage in Luray, VA so if you google that and look it up, you may find it on her site. They are very high in sugar as you can imagine even just for one cookie. :p

I am going into week 7 of P90X classic+ tomorrow, but I think I am gonna skip the 7th week and go to week 8. I am bored out of my mind with what I am doing right now. I almost have it all memorized..isn't that sick? lol.

I just added Spinervals Flexible Warrior Yoga 3.0 Energy and Swim segments and some extra stretching. I am having a left over quinoa recipe from the Eat Clean Diet Book and half a scoop of protein powder.

Lisa, right now I am using BSN Lean Dessert protein. I also have some Body Fortress in vanilla that I purchased at Walmart. I heard the salesperson at GNC recommending Iso Pure. I may try it sometime. I eat lots of chicken and fish so don't need a lot of it. Maybe you could try Cathe's Boot Camp or Drill Max cardio. I like to pair those two together because it makes a nice intense workout. You could pause between segments and do some lower intensity jogging in place or something.

Lisa,
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Lisa - Here is the recipe for the garlic chicken:

GRILLED GARLIC CHICKEN BREASTS

4 – 5 oz. Skinless chicken breasts
½ tsp. Black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
¼ c. oat bran, finely ground in coffee grinder
2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
20 garlic cloves, peeled
1 ¼ c. low fat, low sodium chicken stock
2 tbsp fresh parsley

Pat chicken breasts dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub chicken in oatbran meal (should resemble consistency of flour). Shake off excess.

Heat oil in large skillet over moderate heat (oil should be hot, not smoking). Brown chicken on all sides for several minutes. Remove from heat. Add garlic cloves to skillet and cook until garlic is just golden. Add chicken stock and boil for 15 minutes covered. Place chicken in garlic broth and simmer covered until cooked, about 15-25 minutes. Transfer chicken to serving dish.

Mash 8 of the cooked cloves into the remaining pan juices and season with sea salt. Ladle over chicken and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serves 4.

Nutrients per 248 g. serving: Calories: 264, Fat: 7 g., Carbs: 9g., Protein 35g.

Lora - I use to get teased all the time about what I eat at work. They don't much say anything to me anymore, not sure why? Maybe they are afraid of me. LOL!!! But I do have quite a few of them ask me advice on foods and how to eat so I must be doing something right. I say just ignore them and keep doing what you're doing. Eventually, they will give up. Maybe they keep doing it because they see it bothers you so much.

Diane Sue - I'm pretty sure I ordered the cookbook. I hope I did!

Linda - Excellent workout!! Wow on your chins! You are doing very well with them. That is the biggest accomplishment in bodybuilding, I think! I think that exercise requires so much strength and I just feel so elevated when I complete them. About your quads - I'm the exact same way. My thighs get real thick when I go high with the weights. I try to stay below 120# with squats and that seems to help. I'll concentrate more on parallel squats then going heavy. The BCAA's I get are from the Vitamin Shoppe. They are the BodyTech brand.

Char - Hi girl!!!! :)

Hello Everyone!

Lora - I would just try to ignore them, seems like people like to bring others down that are trying to do the right thing. They just don't get it.

Debbie - Great w/o as always, and that's how I've been feeling since following your rotation. I feel so strong and it really feels good!

Linda - Thanks, I'm hanging in there, and can't wait to get started tonight. I didn't no they had Stevia in flavors, maybe I should try some of that. Your w/o looks great too, so you must have got a good cardio effect with that too???

I need help to kick this soda habit I've got! I've tried flavored water and plain water, I am drinking water everyday now but still not enough!!!

Hi to everyone else here, and I'll be posting my w/o this afternoon.

Have a great day!

Hey Debbie!

Have you ever tried those ziplock steam bags? I am gonna get some when I go shopping friday. Was watching Biggest Loser last night and seen how convenient they are. Jillian just threw in a piece of raw chicken with mixed veggies and microwaved. Last night I made a chicken stir fry..just chicken meat, green peppers, onion and put some honey and hot peppers in it. Was really tasty.

Lora,

Got myself in trouble. Went to lovepotion perfume site and ordered a bunch of samples....Dirty Sex, Black Love Potion, Red Love Potion, Dark Scandalous and some pheromone ones too. I have no idea why I am doing this. lol.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Chestnut Stew; 1 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: 1 whole hard boiled egg, 3 hard boiled egg whites
M6: 4 oz. 95% ff beef burger patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Chocolate Protein Pancake

[font color=blue]1950.5 calories
59 g. fat - 27%
176 g. protein - 36%
171 g. carbs - 35%
[/font]

Carbs and protein are running neck and neck right now. I don't like this one bit. I may have to change this menu up for next week. I like to keep my carbs at around 150 and no higher. Last year at this time I was eating over 200 g. of carbs a day!

Sandy - Oh I definitely get to breathing hard during my weight work. BTW, I realized I never did tell you how to add an avatar(picture). You have to host the picture on the internet some where like picturetrail or photobucket, then copy the tag to your user profile. I used photobucket because it provides the link you need and was very easy to do. HTH. If you have anymore questions just ask.

Debbie - Would glucosimine helps with the ache in my wrists? Had to use my hooks to do that calf work today!

Linda

Linda, I use glucosamine all of the time. My doctor recommended it and my dd in medical field said you have to keep up with it for it to work. If you stop for awhile you have the waiting period for results all over again. It works well for my joints and finger pain. It does not help with my plantar fasciitis as that is something different. It takes a few weeks to start noticing the difference.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

okay - let me try to remember everything I read!! LOL

First - thanks to all for the ignore them advice. I just am so sensitive and hate being picked on for such stupid stuff. I guess it really doesn't matter how good I eat...cuz I'm not allowed to drink water all day and I think I'm gaining weight from that and from eating dinner too late cuz I never get home and get a chance to eat until 6:30 or so! They already think I go to the bathroom too much at work and I barely drink ANY water. Too bad more people weren't health conscious!

Linda - I was wondering what seitan was also. I could never be a vegan....as I only eat so many foods and cheese/yogurt make up a big part. There wouldn't be anything left!

Toasty - Covering my ears................don't hear you about another perfume site!! I don't need any more!!! Yikes. I'm sick of P90X+ also. This is my last week and I must say.....due to that, I've been kicking ass on these workouts this week and I'm rethinking my decision to quit! If my Barry's Bootcamps come in the next few days....I doubt I'll be able to refrain from doing those though! Maybe I'll just alternate Barry's and P90X+ for another couple months.

Deb - your diet is so strict that I'd probably end up getting fired by those a-holes I work with for eating like you.....LOL!! I don't understand why it's anyone's business what we eat!

Lisa - Why don't you want any Amy's? Amy's cardio is great. I can get my HR up real high with her Hi/Lo's. I can't really catch onto her step though. For other interval workouts (not as Killer as P90X or Cathe's....but my motto is ...it's all in what you put into it) are Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step workout. Turbo Jam Fat Blaster is a favorite of mine. It's only 30" long....but I usually do it twice and it's great. Get's my HR way up there and it's super fun. Lastly, I like Prevention's Fight Cellulite Fast. It's simple coreography with some kickboxing and athletic moves thrown in and the format is almost exactly like Interval X. You do so many minutes easier, harder and hardest. The instructor is Chris Freytag and she's okay. It's easy enough to follow that you can jam your own music while you do it also! Gin Miller also makes a couple interval workouts that I have...but the fun factor is not as high on hers for me as the above mentioned ones. I have a question for you....Have you ever heard of the DVD and book with the extreme workout program by Pavel called Enter the Kettlebell? I was reading about it at VF and peeps were comparing it to a sort of P90X type of KB workout.

I just finished my w/o. Man was it a tough one! I'm feeling fried, and my legs are feeling it the most tonight!

2 minute rest between each set

Back
Pullovers:
25# - 15/15/15
These felt really good.

Chest
Incline Dumbbell Press:
25# - 15
20# - 15/15
I had to drop weight on my 2nd and 3rd due to my form wasn't too good towards the 14th rep with 25's. Still very hard with the 20's, I was having a hard time with these.

Quads
Bulgarian Split Squats:
50# - 15
30# - 15/15
OMG, these hurt sooooo good! I had to look these up on the internet to see how to do them. Deb hats off to you...70# with these! Kudos!

Shoulders
Hammer Grip Front Raise:
16# - 15/15/15
These were okay I guess, my shoulders are my weakest body part, I guess I want to be able to lift heavy already!

Hamstrings
Hamstring Curls:
20# - 15/15/15
I didn't think I would make through these, because I just did these Monday night and did 25#'s. My legs are still sore from those, but I did these every last one of them!

Triceps
Tricep Bench Dips:
No weight with these. I did 15/15/15.
These are hard for me too!

I feel absolutely wonderful doing this rotation!!! You ladies are great inspiration to me!
Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.