Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Feb 13

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did P90X+ Upper Body & Abs/Core Plus (parts - omitted standing). Workout was about 62" and I burned 329 calories.

Running late.........lots of snow here....must leave for work super early.

Have great workouts.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I will just work my legs with weights really good and report back later. Feeling much better today, but still icky until cold goes away entirely. School is delayed here for 2 hours as we have a tiny bit of freezing in spots, no snow though.

I should be getting my other villainess package of soaps today!

Ya'll have great workouts!

Had an excellent workout this morning even though I didn't really feel like working out. Long workout, 4 sets/8 reps. I was pumped by the time I got done.

1:30 min. rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Chinups: 10/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Did these with perfect form. Wrists hurt a bit doing this.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Flat Barbell Bench Press:
95# - 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Could have gone higher but wanted to concentrate on the full contraction.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS/LOW BACK[/font]
Traditional Deads:
65# - 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Low back was tight for the first set. I was a bit worried about the weight. But as I continued, my back loosened up.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
Incline Dumbbell Curls:
25's - 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Wow, these felt awesome. And I have a really cool vein that pops out right on the top of my right bicep.[/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS[/font]
Elevated SLDL's:
90# - 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Again, low back felt tight but as I continued with the sets it loosened up. I probably need to stretch a bit.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Arnold Press:
25's - 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Last set was a challenge. Got a great burn with this.[/font]

That is all....

Hope you all have great workouts! Roads are all ice here. I actually slid off the side of the road yesterday into a field. Scared me to death but me and my truck are ok.

Did P90X+ Kenpo. Still hate doing High Blocks Knee Burnout. I know it's Lora's favorite. I planned on going for a run but because it snowed yesterday, there was a lot of ice this morning. Now it's pouring rain. Freaking warm here, too.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Char. If it's not too much sugar for you, what works well is Vitamin Water Defense. I hardly get sick now since I drink it right before I get sick. Hope you continue to feel better!

Deb- Glad to hear you're ok. That's scary. Good workout though!

To everyone else, hope you have a great workout. Take care!

Lisa :)

Morning Maniacs,

This morning was full body done in supersets in four sets of eight. Well, let me tell you, my stomach was not happy by the time I was done!
This time because of the workout!

Back
CG Pullups
8/8/8/8 (these were done assisted on my new bar, it felt great not be stuck in the d*** doorway! Had some trouble getting chin all the way up to the bar late in the sets)
Chest
Incline Barbell Press
8/8/8/8 - 85# (up 5#, these were tough, but I fought for them)

Legs
Traditional Deads
8/8/8/8 - 75# (up 10#)
Shoulders
Dumbbell Upright Rows
8/8/8 - 26's
8 - 27's (up basically 1#, was gonna do 27's then whole time but then chickened out, so tried them at the end)

Hamstrings
SLDL's
8/8/8/8 - 100# (up 5#)
Triceps
Lying Dumbbell Extensions
8/8/7/7 - 21's (up 1#, not surprised that I didn't finish, had a tough time with 20's)

Then added S&H B&T abs.

Debbie - Glad you and your truck are okay! Scary! Great workout as usual!

Char - What in the world are you doing in your new avatar?

Sandy - Oh Sandy, where are you? Are you behaving yourself?

Great workouts everyone!

Linda

Linda - You are exactly a week a head of me. I did this workout today but not in superset fashion. That comes next week! YIKES!!! Nice going on the traditional deads. 65# was all I could mustare today. Those really worry me with my low back.

Hi Linda,

I'm here, I've been sick with a stomach virus. Was out of work yesterday and didn't eat a thing, didn't have appetite. Tried going into work today and had to turn around and come back home. Doc gave me something for nasuea and it is taking everthing just to walk around the house. I'm feeling better today as far as my tummy goes, but the groggy feeling is still here.
I'll try to get back on later, no w/o's though. UGH!

Debbie - I realized we were only a week apart, all though your on the second round so a couple of your exercises are different. It's neat to see how each of us is doing. Fortunately, my low back feels great, so I have no trouble with the traditional deads or the SLDLs, except again this morning my grip wanted to give out on the SLDLs. Wonder if it's the combination of Pullups with the SLDLs. Lot of work for the grip.

Sandy - Oh I am so sorry to hear that your not feeling well. Especially a stomach virus! They're the worst! Don't worry about the workouts, you'll be back at them soon. Just remember when it is time to eat again keep it clean! I've been good for two days, even when I took the kids to breakfast yesterday! I've also been good today and am feeling pretty determined and strong, so I should finish the day okay.
Hope you feel better soon!

Linda

Things have been very busy around here the last couple of days and I have not been feeling well. Yesterday I pushed through Amy Bentos Kickbox Extreme and P90X abs/core+. Really made me feel much worse. I had hardly slept the night before due to coughing and a terrible headache. This morning I felt a little better kind of sick to the stomach still. I did a mixed combo of Kelly Coffey starting with Step Box #1 stopping at the cardio and weights, then I did cardio step kickbox floor combos 8&9, I finished with Cardio Sculpt fitness premix cardio and lower (no w/up, abs or str), P90X upper+ no w/up, Jari's Ripped and Chiseled lower body only and finished with Amy Bento 10 min solution stretch. Lots to do again. I will try to check back later.

Sorry that so many of you have been sick. Hope everyone gets over this stuff.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Linda - I got me some bar straps to use, they wrap around your wrist and have a hook so you can put the bar on them. Helps a lot with the grip. I can't do SLDL's without them.

Diane Sue - Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you get better soon!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Grilled garlic chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: 3/4 c. plain yogurt w/ Banana Cream BSN
M6: Mango Talapia; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. flaxseed

[font color=blue]1753.5
52 g. fat - 27%
180 g. protein - 41%
140 g. carbs - 32%
[/font]

I may change M7. Lots of supplemental foods today. I should have had hard boiled eggs for M3, I wasn't thinking and was too tired last night to boil them up.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Finished working out legs. Been working upperbody so much I feel like it was a struggle with weighted leg work. Don't like this. Anyways, I still did good.

Deadlifts with 110# 3x8
ATG Squats 110# 3x8
Plie Squats 110# 3x8
Squats 170# 3x6
Leg Presses 80# 3x8

Linda,

I am doing the plough from Yoga X in that picture.

Forgot to mention..this is funny. My dh came home last night and I thought he looked "different". I noticed he had no eyebrows. I asked him WTH happen. He said he accidentally shaved them off..he was so tired getting ready for work that he lost control of the clippers. LMAO!!!

Hey guys,
I made something that was pretty good. It came from the new issue of Oxygen mag. Diana Sue, you might like this. I used your conconation of sour cream with vanilla protein powder to top it off after it cooled down.

Apple Bake:

Spray the pan with cooking spray
16 oz. 4% cottage cheese (I used 2%)
1 c. egg whites
2 tbsp. cinnamon
2 medium apples of any choice chopped

Bake at 350 for half an hour or until set in a cupcake pan. It said the batter is 12 servings but I could only fill up 10. I also added vanilla bean extract to it to give it more vanilla taste.

Calories: 62
fat g.: 1
fiber: 1g
sodium: 160 g
carb: 6 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 7 g

Hi Linda,

I'm starting to feel better now. I am gonna try my best to keep it clean too! This will be a good start for me. I bought some Zone bars to eat for a meal, do you think that would be okay to do? I'm gonna use some of the meals in Body for Life too.
Great going on the eats for you! I'm glad you're feelng strong and determined with the foods you're eating!
It's almost like the first day is the hardest, then it gets easier as we go, like forming a habit I guess! My hardest thing to give up is gonna be sodas! I need water, I know this, I'm not ever supposed to have caffine in my diet at all!!!
Gonna go and I'll probably check in late tomorrow due to I will be playing catch up at work!
Have a great night!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.