Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Wed Dec 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Kelly Coffey's NYC weighted totatl body workout. She uses 8's and 5's (I think) and the back cover says it is a high rep workout, but I wanted to get a good upper body workout in - so I used anywhere from 8 pounds to 17 pound dumbbells. I kept having to grab different poundages. She didn't use weights on most of the leg moves. I used weights on a few that she didn't and next time I think I'll have to do that in a couple more spots that I noticed. This was a pretty good workout with some new innovative moves and she kept moving so quickly throughout the workout - that even me who hates pauses - had to pause the DVD periodically to grab my weights or see how to do what move she was doing (since some of them are different). I think this was excellent biceps work in this DVD. She got them in a unique style too. I liked the biceps work the most. For the leg work, my HR was elevated to 136 and 155 at one time - so I would say this is slightly aerobic in some spots. It ended with lying ab work and a few short sets of lying leg work which I'll add more weight to next time. I held a weight on my leg for it today. I added a set of Firewalkers on the end also. I burned 360 calories and it took me about 65 minutes to complete the 55 minute workout.
I also did 30 minutes of Kundalini yoga last night.

Charlotte - If you didn't read the posts last night, check out the one pic of Josh I posted. He looks a little bigger. I joked that maybe he did P90X!!!

Good Luck to all of the P90Xers. I see we have some sore peeps checking in!! Way to Go!!

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in from work later. I have a hair appt after work today. I'm just getting it trimmed, as I'm letting my hair grow. I hate getting my haircut this time of the year cuz my appt is all the way in another suburb and the traffic is horrid this time of the year around where I have to go.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did Cardio X. I thought it was easy compared to Cathe's cardio. JMHO. I did get a good sweat going, but face did not turn brown like when I do Imax 2. lol. Forgot the hr monitor to put on. Maybe I can remember today. I will have to write it down on a piece of paper or I will forget again.

So I have to check what I am doing today. My abs are sore from yesterday and tri's and chest started to get sore too. I am thinking of adding in more corework cuz I don't feel like the lower and obliques get worked as hard as the mid and upper.

Thank you ladies for given me some wonderful advice and just thoughts about FIL. I have decided I will tell him myself without dh knowing (cuz dh will have a fit) that I don't want him smoking in the house. He will respect my wishes and won't, I know it. We have a garage nearby..not attached to house, he can smoke there on rainy days, etc. I just pray for warmer than usual weather so he goes outside and dh will be fine. I am gonna try to take one day at a time with this. I hope he just gets his place very soon. He is a old man. He is set in his ways. He will not like being with us either for too long.

Lora,

Can you send me a copy of the bpal newsletter. I didn't get one. Josh has a nice defined chest. Like that. I am a chest girl. I like a man's chest to really come out. You should see my dh's now! Ummmm.
So I wore Winter of our Discontent yesterday while I thought about FIL coming over. lol. I really like the way this one smells. It last awhile too. Not sure I like Purple Phoenix that much...just smells like grape koolaid to me.

Charlotte~~

Morning ladies ...x-ers...
I have decided thet i have no strength in the am. I am sticking to my nights... Of course last night i wss in bed at 6:30. Aunt flo. I felt awful. Why do we have to go through this. I slept till 6:30 this morning.
WOW, i haven't slept that long in i don't know when...

I am going back to the rotation for this month. I think i will do the BSB and add abs. The abs yesterday were like nothing. TJ is no where as hard as Cathe's..Good for a light day.
I am going to get into a rotation so i don't have to figure out what to do...No brainer.
I love the GS and this one is right up my alley...

BB sent me out a new ball.Hey i have 2 , but i paid for it.

Do you think it would hurt to drink some recovery drinks at work for meals? It is hard to eat and i need fuel. I could mix some up in a propell bottle and take m w/ me.

Check back later.
Hi everyone...
Are we all sore from the x???

Why is it when i use the smiles they go to my signature???

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina:7 :7

Morning.

Char- glad you are feeling a little better about FIL. I think the garage is a fine place to smoke! GOod luck. I hate doing an ab WO and not feeling like they were all used. Some are lacking in obliques, and some in lower abs. I like a fully rounded ab WO all at once.

Lora- hopes the traffic isn't too bad for you. Don't know why, but somewhere in my dreams you were there, and guess what, getting a hair cut! Seriously! How weird.

Don't know what I am doing today, as usual. Planning on UB and maybe cardio too. I should do cardio too. I need to get back on the water wagon. I am not drinking nearly enough, and it is showing. Myabe that is one reason I am not feeling great, dehydration.

Good morning to all!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Toasty - YOu have to let Purple PHoenix get all the way into the dry down. I don't like it at first, but I LOVE the drydown. JMO. (Yes, P90X cardio is nothing like Cathe's - it's not meant to be very difficult as it is a muscle building program - but I can make anything harder if I want to!!!).

Morning ladies,

Today's workout was P90X Shoulders & Arms, with AbX. Good workout. DH said my abs are already tightening up and that's with only 2 workouts. My hip flexors are still sore though, but I just gritted thru the discomfort. Prepared my lunch stuff for today last night so not so much scrambling.

Lora, hope you like your haircut. I pretty much do the same thing all the time. I'd like to get mine highlighted but I have it cut every 6 weeks and it's short so think that might be expensive.

Charlotte, I think it will be good if you could get FIL outside or in the garage to smoke, otherwise it would be a constant source of irritation to me and I'd just be boiling under the surface all the time. I'm a little sore today but was able to bring it with today's workout. Hope you like it. Abx really works me good, better than tons of crunches. I did 40 mason twists, better than the 25 on Monday.

Anne, sorry Aunt Flo is here. I feel sorry for ladies that have these problems. I'm fortunate that it doesn't bother me too much. I'm 48 and still pretty regular, but periods that last only 2-3 days, with minimal cramping. Hope you feel better soon. Following a rotation helps me bunches. I like Fitness Freak's 1 body part a day. Got good results both times I did it and not real time consuming.

Maeghan, I'm back on the water wagon too. I was not drinking enough and doing all of Cathe's new circuits. Water weight ballooned me. I started slamming water and it came off. I'll be thinking of you today at work as I'm guzzling. Makes me feel great.

Later,

Jeanette

Mornin'!

I'm so angry b/c I woke up w/a killer migraine. I really want to BRING IT this morning, but I think I'm gonna have to wait until tonight. I'm NOT skipping a workout! I'm going back to bed for a bit and then will do Ab Ripper X before work and I'll do shoulders and arms when I get home. I took Imitrex and Excedrin, hoping to kick the pain out (the Imitrex usually takes a couple of hours but sometimes the Excedrin works faster if it works but then you get into that whole caffeine rebound thing that I might be in right now - dang it). The pain is almost gone - hopefully for good, but now my body feels like jello. I hate that Imitrex does that, but I'll take that over the pain any day and I'm so very thankful for medication! I know I won't be able to lift very heavy, so it's not worth wasting the workout. I have a little Christmas dinner to go to tonight (a healthy one with friends, thank goodness) and then I'll come home and do it.

All that being said, when I complain of a migraine, I think about our men and women fighting the war and how they can't just "go back to bed" when they have a migraine. Makes me feel really bad for them and makes me feel like a baby for complaining - not that it stops me, obviously. I feel so blessed.

Have great workouts everyone. I have MAJOR DOMS, by the way. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Netta,

So it is a shoulder day..cuz I haven't checked it yet. I already did that one as a practice several weeks ago. Not bad. Looking forward to doing it again today. I think the mason twist are easy in opinion. I think I need to use a 10# weight when I do those. The hardest part of Ab Ripper X for me is when he continuously uses legs ALOT as we keep kicking out from one move to the other. My legs get tired fast during that phase.

Meg,

Sent you a email. My jeans fit me tighter yesterday after I did the cardio. This seems to happen alot. I was drinking alot of water..guess not enough.

Morning Maniacs!

This morning I did a steady state on my treadmill. Went 2.88 miles, workout was 1 hr. 6 min., was in my zone for 51 minutes and burned 342 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts! Be back later...

Good Morning
Today is B&G timesaver and abs my legs arent as sore as yesterday which is good:) Anyone getting the Calender? I will be hanging it in my workout room:) I saw The Fountain yesterday and it was so weird I was lost in the beginning of the movie:(
Have a great day everyone
Randi

Suz = Day 3 of my migraine - it sucks!! People keep saying - "Lora, what's wrong?" cuz I must have a real look on my face and I just keep saying "nothing". I hate to complain......since I'm so often in pretty severe pain......there's no point dwelling or complaining about it. It does depress me though.

Toasty - I don't have the newsletter here. I'll have to look and see if I still have it at home or not....not sure.

My cat goes behind the computer and steps on the on/off switch just as I was typing so I am starting over.

Debbie,

Nice calorie burn! Great workout! Way to go.

Suz,

I hope you start feeling better. You will bring it later.

Lora,

The drydown for Purple Phoenix ON MY SKIN smells EXACTLY like a smelly arm pit. I am not sure why this is. I haven't had ANY of the other oils amp on my skin like this. PU. I have to go wash it off now. I wish you could smell it on my skin. You would not believe it. This is weird.

Randi,

I was wondering about that movie. Thanks for the info.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte, mason twists easy? I think my hip flexors give out. They are sore today. Ooo a smelly armpit. Lovely. I'd be throwing that one in the trash. Wonder why it smells that way? My body swells with lots of cardio. I'll (and Maeghan) will be slamming the water today!

Lora and Suz, migraines, you poor girls. I feel really bad for you. Suz, hopefully you'll be able to get a workout in tonite. I think you are wise to not try to push it right now. It definitely wouldn't be enjoyable. I have great endorphins right now from the workout today. Loving it and feeling leaner. Not so gnawing hungry right now. I was given a box of truffles by my massage lady. I'm taking them to work so the guys can eat them. I haven't even opened the box.

Randi, sounds like a good workout today. I really like B&G and the abwork too. Yep, I'm ordering the calendar. Looks good.

Debbie, good calorie burn for steady state. You'll be ready for a marathon soon.

Good workouts,

Jeanette

Good morning,
I had a late night as we were waiting for my niece to have her baby which was not born till 12:45 am.. Today I am doing a treadmill run, probably cardio coach and Tracey Staehles core conditioning, along with a stretch if I have the time. DD and I may be driving the 45 min drive this afternoon to see the baby if she gets off early enough, as we have to be back to pick up the grandchildren.

Lora, I don't think you have to take a recovery week. If you feel like you need it though go ahead. I have a question for you as I am getting my Amy's All Pump Extreme today. I thought I remembered you saying something about gliding discs. Are they necessary? I was wondering if I could use frisbees as I looked at pictures and that is what they looked like. I plan on using this the next couple of days as an upper and lower split.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs! Today is GS BSB. I think I'm PMSing (which I don't normally do). I took everyones head off in my house last night
Not-a-one of them were spared. Naturally, they are avoiding me today.

Meg-the smilies do that to me too. I just look at the end of my signature and type what's there. No need to copy and paste. I have most memorized by now, as I'm probably the smilie queen here.:):p

Char-Jeanette-Amber-Suz- Great going on the P90X hope you are all liking it so far. I for one think ARX is a perfect ab routine. I don't feel the need to add any extra. I love the mason twists, but they are not easy for me. The scizzor things were the hardest for me. Can't straighten my legs on that one.:(

Randi- I am thinking of getting the calender.:)

Hi Diane Sue and Lora and anyone else I may have missed.

Gotta go get some yoga in...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Char and others, how can you get comfortable doing the mason twists and that other froggy move? Meaning my TAILBONE! It hurts like a mother! I keep adjusting to find a better spot, then I am off balance and fall over. VERY frustrating. I manage to complete the moves (well most of it) but it is really annoying that I can't find that right spot. SOme of Cathe's too, mainly the oblique twists she does. What do you guys do? I have tried a towel or small pillow, but them I really feel off balance.

That sucks about Purple pheonix. Weird though. Dirty armpit, yuk!

DS- congrats on your neices new baby!! Girl or Boy?

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.