Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Dec 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Rebecca Small's Push & Lift 60" followed by 30" of Rebecca Small's Step 2 Success step aerobics and about 10" of abs from Tracey Staehle's Core Conditioning. I then did the Relaxing Segment of Ayurveda Yoga. Push and Lift is similar to Get Ripped and since I just got Rebecca's new step DVD - I decided to make it a Rebecca Small day. I burned 520 calories in a total of about 2 hours.

Rebecca Small is an Australian trainer who I just adore. I hope she becomes more popular over here. Her step aerobics are similar to Seasun's. The music is similar to Seasun and her teaching style is also similar. Her coreography is complex but the way she teaches makes it fairly easy to learn. I was able to get a lot of the first 30 minutes (about 4 combos) of this DVD on my first try. I did get tripped up a bit after she started adding on to the first and sencond layers of the combos. This was fun and had good music. Some of the music I recognized from Seasun's SUS. I will be using this a lot. I did have to jump a lot of my steps, etc. to get my HR up. I don't think you could use a higher step for intensity due to the complexity of the steps.

Have great workouts and I'll be back later.

Good Morning Maniacs,

Very very busy yesterday and ended up taking down my Christmas tree late and got to bed at 10pm. My eyes almost wanted to close while taking branches off fake tree. Now I have to put it all away again until next year. I don't have alot of time cuz FIL is coming and I want things cleaned, etc. before he comes. I am really worried he is going to slow me down when he is here. Want to sit and chat, etc. I don't sit long...I am always doing something and I want to continue doing what I do, when I do it and how I do it, etc. We are going to have to manage to stay out of each other's spaces. Yes, I am getting nervous about it all. We are also losing our recliner so he can use his. Dh doesn't like the recliner, but there is nothing wrong with it..it is practically brand new. There is no room for it so we will be forced to get rid of it.

So so so...I am rambling. Looks like I will be doing Kenpo inbetween cleaning today. Almost TTOM and I got to stay away from the chocolates. Weight is back down though.

Lora,

You are really going to like the new lunar oil and Lycaon. I got my click and ship on the 23rd. She sent me some very nice samples too. Ever tried Aeval? Very nice feminine light scent. I got Black Dahlia too..alright. Prague is also very light and nice and Umbra which has a sexy bite to it..patchouli, vetiver and cinnamon, etc.

I have been doing the dreya rolls same way dreya does. I don't need to use my hands..I keep the power in my legs to get me off the floor. I don't spin around though or do plyo's like she does...YET! I did the chataranga run better, but my forehead kept hitting the floor! lol. My side still hurts from the yoga..trying too hard. Starting to like it more though. Teaches me to relax...something I have a hard time with. I am too bouncy..like tigger. lol. Actually I think I do bounce some during the crescent moons. lol.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning, Since I got the new gliding discs and dvd I will probably do some of that today. I wanted to work legs and abs today. I have all of my grandchildren coming over so I should be busy:)

Lora, you got in a good calorie burn this morning.

Charlotte, I think it would be hard to have someone stay with you and still do everything the same as usual. I am the same way though. I have a hard time just sitting around visiting. I hope it all works out for you.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Char, too funny,
Actually I think I do bounce some during the crescent moons. lol.
Glad things are going good with FIL.
Char are you using a yoga block. Don't strain it will come.

Lora, did you get the job with the atourneys or are you taking the one with the realator? I knw being home and jobless is depressing. It is a pschological thing. You start to feel useless.At least you know why you were terminated. I lost my last job. I was terminated for unknown reasons. I still don't know. I still think i was making too much money. I was the highest paid manager in 6 salons. I think they just get rid if you after you make soo much and know to much.I saw the signs but ignored them.I was not the 1st one they did this to.It still haunts me, but they did me a favor. I make much more now and love it...

Enough babbling: Tonite is a rest day. it is yoga. I am going to try the Eon Fin see if i can keep up.I am tight and need the stretching.
Have a good day....

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Diane Sue,

Have fun with your grandchildren....although you will never look like a grandmother to me.

I guess I will be challenged then????? lol. I will somehow manage.

Lora,

I forgot to tell you. Ebay is having a special today. Listings today are 15 cents. I am not gonna have alot of time, but will probably list some things tonight.

Charlotte~~

Anne,

FIL is not here yet...SILLY! So how do I know things are ALREADY going good???? Believe me, I will be letting everyone know how it is when the time comes!!!!

I don't want a block. I got to make myself stretch. It is my back, right side that feels strained. Have fun with your yoga crazywoman!

Charlotte~~

This morning I did full body supersets. Did 4 sets of 8 reps with a minute & a half rest. This is what I did:

SS #1
Close Grip Overhand Pullups: 8/5/5/5
Hamstring Curls: 55#

SS #2
Incline Dumbbell Press: 37's
Plie Squats: 100#

SS #3
Reverse Flies: 17's
Alternate Incline Dumbbell Curls: 25's

Workout was 48 minutes, was in my zone for 15 minutes and burned 172 calories. Short and sweet. :)

Char - Good luck to you with you FIL coming. I'd be a nervous wreck too.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Debbie,

Great workout. Good going on those pullups. I am starting to do mine unassisted now with P90X so it is tough, tough!!! Wow, getting up there on the squats too! Talk to ya later.

Charlotte~~

Good WO's Deb and Lora.

Char- I wish you much patience today! Good luck. That sucks about your chair. I hope it goes better tehn anticipated. I emailed you last night.

DS- have fun with the kiddies. Can't wait to hear about how you like the discs.

Going to the doc today about my cold. Not sure what WO. WE will see. BBL>

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good Morning
I am so sore from leg blast b&g yesterday! Today is gym style BSB and abs from b&g. My brother who is in Saudi Arabia sent me a Cathe gift card for 50 dollars I almost started crying, that was so sweet of him! I have pretty much all of the workouts I want I might wait until she comes out with a new one. The ones I don't have are Bootcamp and muscle endurance and Pyramid upper and lower body I cant decide if I want them or not.
Have a good day everyone
Randi

Good Morning!

I'm getting ready to do Kenpo X. I'm not waiting until tonight. I don't know what my problem was yesterday. I swear if I'm not working I need to force myself to do my workout early. Lora I'm so impressed that you're still making yourself get up early and do your workouts. I thought I would do that on my vacation but obviously I'm being a bit more lazy (or a LOT more lazy it seems). But then I think about it all day and then start dreading it like I did yesterday. Not good. So I'm getting it done early today, looking forward to Kenpo and will feel great when I'm finished. And then on with my day. And Diane Sue, I'm also impressed that you do your workouts early. Char - you also impress me b/c even though you work out later, you still get it done. In fact you ALL impress me. But that's another story.

Char - I'm glad to hear you say you when your FIL is there you still want to do what you do, when you do it, blah, blah, blah. I always feel that I'm like that even though I try really hard to be flexible and I feel that I'm like that b/c I never had kids. But you HAVE kids so now I know that's not the only reason. ;)

Storm - Enjoy your yoga!

Debbie - I'm so envious of your pullups! :( Hopefully my shoulder will be better next week when I start phase 2 so I can start trying again. Of course now that I ate so much crap this past week and a half I have MORE WEIGHT to pull up!!!

Meg - I hope you feel better soon!

Randi - You have really been working hard! How very kind of your brother. You have a really nice family. They sure know what your passion is. Good luck with your decision.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Randi, isn't that one a killer....
I dread biceps... LOL....
I like the pyramids. I use bootcamp very little. ME is easier than MMax. If you have MMax you are not missing much on ME.
Can you tell i love MMax....My fav. total body w/o...
I am anxious for the 4 day splits...

Debbi, we got snow.....LOL...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good morning maniacs,

I will try to keep this short since I am at the office.

I'm not sore yet from Core Syn...so we will see. KenpoX today yeah!!! it will have to be this evening I have a busy afternoon.

Char, any word on an offer? Hopefully things will go better than expected with your FIL and time will fly by. I think I already told you I have terrible dread and anxiety when my father comes, it's always a great relief to have him leave. My DH doesn't understand it because it's no big deal to him.

Lora!! YEah good for you, I was glad to hear they were real estate and probate attorneys...you do want to stay clear of plaintiff's side personal injury lawyers, they are sooo cheap, don't pay well etc no insurance etc. (oh boy hope I didn't offend anybody, but I have first hand experience with that). It would be even better if there were female attorneys in the office, they are the nicest to work for :p :p

Lora, sounds like I will like the CardioX I will start with that next week, I just need some extra cardio and that sounds like it will fit the bill for a while.

Diane Sue, I've been hooked on BE for a year, especially the shadow liners which I first tried about a month ago. I was trying to find an eyeliner that wouldn't smear. Pencils always did. So I tried BE liners with water and they smeared or wore off (I have small upper lids and lines tend to smear to a line on my upper lid, I hate that) But then I tried this stuff called She laq..it's on the Sephora website, it's a liquid and you can use that instead of water with the liner and now my liner no longer moves...all day, even after a workout. So I'm hooked. DH even said, your eyes look great lately!

Anne, yeah it's me with the allergic reaction, I'm still in a quandry over what to try, maybe I will try what Suz uses, I think I did try Clairol once and it worked, but I thought it dried my hair out. I was 50% grey at 30...hereditary so, I've been coloring since mid 20's.

Netta...how did you like core syn???

Dallys...hope she's enjoying cali!

Suz...you actually ventured out, pm me your address I'm gonna send you some Sarah.

Meg...burned fingers, yikes..I hope you don't blister. Sounds like your little ones are having a ball. Are you still babysitting?

Randi, you had a Cathe christmas what a lucky lady. She has a few clothes on the website too...and I read somewhere that there may be a few added soon.

Ok, gotta run..coffee is hitting.

AMber

Debbie...I was just noticing your pullups!!! you go girl, do you have a bar??? or do you use something on your machine.

Amber

Randi - that was really sweet of your brother. What a great gift, huh? Wish someone would give me a gift certificate from her website! :) You cannot go wrong with Pyramids. You will LOVE those workouts.

Anne - YOU SUCK! :) Guess what we got today? RAIN!!!

Amber - I have a power tower that has a bar at the top. I love it. It has taken me FOREVER to get to 8 reps on those.

Yeah i was thinking about the pyramid but I already taped them off of fit tv. So I guess I'll wait till new workouts come out. Does anyone know if she is planing to do new ones anytime soon?

I finished my workout. I put in the gliding dvd and did the w/up and cardio, I repeated the last gliding segment of that one then went on and did the Buns & Legs no w/up or str, then the legs, hamstrings, abs and prone core segments off of the total body one. I finished off with All Pump Ex core because I wanted to try it with the discs. I liked using the discs. The gliding segments on the cardio was fun. I only broke a little sweat though. Some of the moves I could feel. Funny though because now that I am done I keep feeling some twinges in my low and mid back

Suz, I have always had problems with eyeliner too. I use some clear liquid liner stuff by Too Faced that you can use with shadows and it makes it waterproof. So that is what I am using with the BE shadow liner. It seems to work well.

Randi, I bet you would like the Pyramid dvd. I hardly use Boot camp and Muscle Endurance. I like the Pyramids. That was sweet of your brother.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi Maniacs,
Today was KenpoX today. I'm in recovery week. Used my weighted gloves and they do help a lot. I tried to keep my kicks and punches clean. I still sweated a lot and burned 369 calories, but who the heck really knows?

Lora, the job working for the attorneys office sounds good. You deserve to be treated with respect. Hope they offer you the job if it's meant to be. I know you will be working soon, just feel it.

Toasty, I haven't taken my tree down yet, which is unusual for me. I'm just really lazy this week, after all, it is recovery week. Are you taking pictures at the end of the 30 days? My niece is going to come over and take mine. I hope there is a difference. Traci from the Xer's check in got big changes during Phase 2. She's down 6% on bodyfat, most of it down during Phase 2. She keeps all of us motivated. Maybe your FIL will just respect your workout time and just stay out of the way, realizing that you have things to get done. This may be a great testing time for you too. We all can learn something. It's hard for me to have company for any length of time. I love my routines, but I still have to act human. Our loved ones may not always be around and we'll wish we'd spent more time with them. In the long run, that's the stuff that really matters, but of course, I want it all. You will be able to handle it, you are a caring person. I myself have my selfish tendencies and have to work on balancing things out. Harder, but doable, just takes planning.

Anne, yes, sometimes it's best when something ends. Other doors open and good things can then happen. My DH's job of 30 years at a local sawmill ended a few years ago. Could have been devastating, but he got a better job out of it. Let us know how Eoin is. I have is Power Yoga For Happiness and really like it.

Diane Sue, enjoy the gliding workout. I can see you really enjoy your workouts. I aspire to be creative like you, let alone get the physique you have.

Debbie, you are sooo strong. Pullups, hmmmm, I haven't tried any yet, just using the Bowflex lat pulldowns as I don't have a bar, yet.

Maeghan, glad you are going to the dr. No fun to be sick. Hope the hand is better too.

Randi, so sweet of your brother to send you the Cathe gift card. That was really thoughtful. Nice when we get gifts like that. I'm not sure if Cathe is working on any new workouts. Think after the holidays we may start to hear about something. I also like the Pyramid workouts.

Suz, are you doing KenpoX yet? Playing the piano? Eating more Christmas Cookies? I'm feeling lazy this week (it is Recovery Week, you know). I haven't accomplished much being at home this week, except sitting on this computer a lot. Makes me wonder what I'd get done if I was retired. I think it's cuz the weather is not conducive to being outside too much that I'm so lazy. If we had snow on the ground, I might go snowshoeing. Now that's a workout! I have X-country skis but the last few times I did it (before Cathe's step workouts), my knee hurt and I was afraid of messing anything up for my cycling. I need to try the skis again, but we don't have any snow on the ground here. Think you guys are getting another storm later this week?

Amber, I did like Core Syn. I have lots of room to grow with this one as I was floundering like a fish for some of the moves. Some of them are just plain hard and take lots of core strength. I need to start adding more Cardio. Haven't done CardioX yet. Will try a Cardio Coach tomorrow on the bike. Got to get one of those in.

Got to go now and do what? Oh yeah, I have a package that needs to get mailed. I'd better take a shower and get on with it. It'll be noon soon and I haven't even showered :eek:.

Jeanette

I'm finally back. I actually forced myself to do something around here. I went thru my upstairs closet and downstairs wardrobe closet. I actually threw a bunch of stuff away (cuz I tried it on this time) but I still have so much more in there and SO MUCH more around here that needs gone thru and done. I'm totally overwhelmed with the rest of it! I don't know where to begin and I still have lots of Ebay stuff to get ready for the weekend. Geez.....how did I do it all when I worked? LOL. I also went to Bath & Body Works to exchange something and they are having a 50% off sale and the line was out the door and traffic was horrendous.

No 2nd workout for me today. My sciatica is flaring badly. I wanted to do more of that Step DVD today cuz it was so much fun....but no time. I actually ordered 2 more step videos by Rebecca that I found at Evolutionvideo.net. They were a bit expensive and I think they're VHS...but that's how much I like her. She's as good (if not better) than Seasun!!

Diane Sue - Yes, the Gliding aerobics is not killer aerobics....it's only moderate for me. I try to really get my HR up as high as possible during the floor segments and then it only drops so far during the Gliding. During the Gliding if you get down further and use your arms (just follow the advanced lady) and also press your feet into the discs harder.....it gets your HR up slightly more and works your legs a bit more. I used to never do moderate cardio....but now I'm trying to vary my cardio a lot and I think the Gliding will be beneficial to my legs in the long run. I've only been on my leg rotation for 6 weeks -- so in a couple of weeks, I'll probably change it up. I'm thinking of adding some Lotte Berk, Ballet type in....but I don't know if it would be a waste. I was also thinking of adding some Pilates in but I know I need to add resistance some how or I don't feel anything.

Suz - Yes, the only reason I try to stay close to my regular work schedule (within an hour) is because of my insomnia and the importance to stay on a regular pattern. Plus, it makes it WAY too hard to go back to work after getting on a different schedule. I've already been sleeping a bit too much and staying up a bit too late and I've had to take Ambien the last few nights to sleep. I don't understand why, as I've only been averaging 5 hours a night....maybe it's too much? or maybe I'm nervous about all of this job stuff.

Amber - Are you a female Attorney? I've only had the pleasure to work for one woman that was nice to work for. I only had her for my boss for 3 months and then she lost her job! It's the only time I've ever had a woman be easy to work for.......not saying that all of the ladies here wouldn't be nice to work for ........cuz we're all different...cuz we exercise and therfore deal with stress better....right? Aromaleigh Mineral Makeup www.Aromaleigh.com sells a liquid to use with your minerals for eyelining. I can't think of the name of it, but if you click on the eye page on the site, you'll see it in a little bottle. I have horrid tearing problems with my eyes due to some medical problems and it's the only thing I use with my minerals these days. I can't stand waterproof mascara (too hard to get off) so usually my makeup is off my eyes in an hour....other than my liner.

Anne - No - didn't get offered the Atty job yet. I'm waiting for them to call me to set up an interview time with the other Atty I'd be working for. He's out of town on holiday, but they mentioned possibly Thurs? If they want me tomorrow, they better call me in advance, or I won't be presentable. Which Eion DVD did you get?

I spoke with my new boss (Gina @ Howard Hanna) today. She called to give me some info on the benefits of the job that she needed to look into and then we had a short conversation about the job itself. I said to her "so - do you think I'm going to like it there?" and she responded and then the conversation led to the perfect opportunity for me to ask her if she was really difficult to work for ....I actually said, you were just joking right? and she laughed and said not really. I then asked her ...well are you difficult every day or just once in a while when you're stressed out? She didn't answer directly but from how she responded....it made me think that it's quite often. I then said ...well as long as you don't ream me out everyday.....to which she replied.....Oh, I would never do that..............interesting, huh? Now if I get that atty job....she's gonna think I decided not to take the job with her cuz of that conversation!

Lora,

OMG...your post!!! :7 Well I don't know about the Gina woman. It is good for someone to tell it like it is and be real, but she sounds like a B#tch in my opinion, but she could just be testing you and not really be. And if she really isn't then she likes to play games..something I detest.

I am gonna finish my ebay stuff tonight. My workout of Kenpo...dang. Someone might have to pick me off the floor when I am done. I am worn out, but if Anne can do it late at night then I might have too.

Netta,

I love reading your comments. Well actually I am very selfish, but I am also very kind and open too so we will see where all the cards fall.

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.