Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Dec 13

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Body Max w/u & Upper Body and abs followed by Butts & Guts Firewalkers, Low Pulse Lunges thru the Floor Work. I then added another set of Firewalkers to the end and a set of leg extensions, seated, using my Spri Resistance Ring. The workout clocked in at about 83 minutes and I burned 357 calories.

Diane Sue- I know you told me about the Cardio & Weights Upper Body PRemix being a good upper body weight workout. I can't remember how many minutes you said though. Also, what are some other ones 20-30 minutes long. I was thinking I can use the longer upper body ones and do the 15 Gliding Leg workout and add abs, or if I do the longer upper body, I can do the 30 minute Gliding Leg workout and no abs. I broke out my Core Secret Agility Ladder lower body workouts (2 of them) to preview later and see what they look like and maybe I can add them in. I've never done them before....but Gunnar does train JLo, so maybe he knows something about training women with ample lower halves. (???)

Toasty - I keep checking the BC website and Pollstar, but so far, BC is not going to be around here ...other than that Columbus date and the DH said I can't go to that and the tickets might even be sold out. I'm thinking that they'll probably come back to the Wedge in Youngstown in March or April (wishful thinking - however, I'm sure they won't still be touring with Three Days Grace - and yes I like that song Pain also). I found out that they love playing that venue -- and the venue knows that also....so I've got a good feeling that they'll be back. Did you hear that Crazy Bi$#h is nominated for a Grammy in Best Rock Performance? I'm so excited. If they don't win with the people up against them (Wolfmother, Godsmack, Nine Inch Nails and someone else) then there is no justice in the World.

Okay ladies - I'm actually *maybe* starting to like working my legs. I've always been a little strange cuz I tend to like the way it burns when you pour peroxide in an open wound...and I even like getting my ears pierced and getting shots .........so now I'm finding out I'm starting to get *addicted* to the burn you start getting when you're working your legs. During the inner thigh work on Butts & Guts, when we switched sides, I couldn't wait for it to start burning. I hope this lasts - cuz in the past when it burned, I wanted to stop and I used to rest periodically.

Have great workouts. I'll be around. I have to go out to work to drop off my sick leave papers and take my old boss her Christmas Gift.

Diane Sue - I also meant to ask you - Would it be okay to work my legs twice in one day if I did a different type of workout later in the day (this would only be for the period I'm not working). I have some easier stuff like Yoga Booty Ballet - Goddess Booty workout or some of the Core Secrets stuff. I was also thinking about adding in some Lotte Berk or Bar Method stuff and maybe some ballet. What do you think? I asked my DH if my legs looked any different this morning and I don't know if he was just saying this, but he said the backs of them look slightly thinner.??? (however, that being said - he's been married long enough to know not to say *the wrong thing*. LOL

Good Morning Maniacs!!

What am I doing today? I have no clue? Is it P90X arms? I know I will be cleaning. My house is icky again..very icky this time. I just haven't had time to clean yesterday.

Lora,

Well I know I want to see Three Days Grace and will be watching to see when they play around here next.
I have been asking my dh about my legs and how they look forever. He is the one that mentioned about my varicose veins. So I asked him last night, how do my veins really look? Are they that bad? He says, "not $600 bad". lol. THAT IS NOT FAIR! They are either bad or they are not! I said, "Forget the money...whatcha think"? No response. ARRGGHHH! Other than that, he has told me my butt and legs look better then he has ever seen them. So with that, just keep on going you Maniac. Have fun with it and see where it all gets you! Hope you find a fun job too that you like.

Charlotte~~

Lora- I must say, you really are one hell of a woman. I know you said that you actually like your boss, and I think that is really cool of you to be able to look beyond the nastiness of her, to see the good. Just wanted to say that. I think it is great you are starting to like working legs. I kinda feel that way too. I HATED squats and lunges and all that, but I am starting to like it. I am sure you are getting results.

DS- sounds like a lovely dinner last night. Thanks, I am beyond happy that I got the new series. I can't wait for the next one!

So, definately SORE today. My core especially. Plus, the coughing really doesn't help that, ouch! I felt like a train wreck this mornign with this dang cold. I thought they were supposed to get better each day, not worse! I really should go to bed earlier today, but probably won't.

I think it will most likely be just UB. Is LIC heavy on the leg work? Maybe I can check out a cardio UB premix on it?

Morning all!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Morning Charlotte!! I am sure the veins really don't bother your DH. But that was a nice leg compliment though huh?! Good for you. I have been cleaning the last two days. Had to polish the fridge LOL! It is stainless steel so you can imagine the constant finger prints with the boys!!! I made peace with myself that it is OK to have some finger prints, otherwise I would be insane by now! Nothing is going to be perfect while the boys are so young, that's alright!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi all:

Today's workout was P90X Shoulders and Arms. I am absolutely amazed at how much I was able to increase my weights with this workout. Nothing like what you ladies do, but a biggie for me. I think what helps is that it is NOT choreographed weight lifting, which means I don't have to work at anyone else's speed. I can take as long as I want. My arms were so pumped afterwards (something I never felt before until Monday's workout of Chest & Back) that I measured my biceps (thought about you, Charlotte). They were 1" bigger than my before P90X bicep measurement. Ran out of time, but will do AbX after work tonite. I'll see if my form is better on that one when done alone.

Lora, glad you like working your legs. It's not one of my favorite things for sure, but I really like Butts and Guts. You are a better person than me to take a gift to your boss. The way she treated you was unacceptable in my book. Bless you though, for your good heart. Cracked me up about asking your DH about your legs. Mine would have said the "right thing". He certainly has been trained to LOL.

Char, have fun with cleaning. Yes, it's Shoulders and Arms for you, you wild woman! Our DH's love us no matter what, thank goodness. I'll trade you legs, veins and all, okay?

Maeghan, sorry you are still coughing. I've had a scratchy throat for a couple of days and really sneezed a lot yesterday. Still no real cold developing. It'll probably hit right at Christmas, my luck. Are you sore from Butts & Guts? That is certainly understandable if it is. Good to see you relaxing about the fingerprints.

Hi to all that come!

Jeanette

This morning I did Cardio Coach #2 and then did the Challent #1 & #2 from Cardio Coach #1. Love these two workouts, great sprints in these workouts.

Workout was 1 hr. 9 minutes, was in my zone for 57 minutes and burned 368 calories! Happy with that! Was sweating like crazy!

Be back later, I'm running later today.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Today I am doing Body Max 2 through the power circuits and then AMy Bento's All Pump EX lower body nrg omitting the core work. I have to be done by 9 so I can be one of the chaparones at the mall for my grandaughter 5th grade class. They are singing and having lunch there. Then it is some shopping for me:)

Lora, I will check on times for you later when I get back. I can see no reason why you can't do a lighter workout for your legs later in the day. I have split standing and floorwork on the same day just because of time. Just make sure there is still a break day in between. You are doing great coming up with different mish moshes that work:) I am glad you are liking working your legs.

Hi to everyone. I will check back later.
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Oh, I wanted to tell you ladies real quick! I had a break through. I was talking to dh a few nights ago about FIL coming over and the smoking. Dh says he will ask his dad to smoke outside now!!! Praise God!!!! I guess dh realized how MUCH it was bothering me and just changed his mind.

Diane Sue,

Have fun today. That sounds like a whole lot of fun!

Debbie,

Nice sweaty workout! Burning it ALL THE TIME! Way to go!!! I sent you some pm's.

Anne,

Oh, yeah, I am getting use to working out for just a hour. Sometimes when I get on my bike and I enjoy that too. I have to make sure I eat extra cuz I will lose weight cuz I burn more calories from biking and then working out too. Most of the time just the workouts work me enough. I am very happy doing P90X. The yoga? Well I will just have to pray for patience while in the prayer position. lol

Netta,

Arms? Oh my! I will have to watch I don't clean too much or I won't have the energy for arms. Cleaning really can wear me out too.

Meg,

I get your point. I don't know if you purposely made one, but I get it. I needed that. Thanks.

Charlotte~~

Well tonite is legs again. I feel like i just did them.
Meag, did you like Drill Max? I just don't like the jumps. They are a pain in the butt on carpet.I just did the cardio premix yesterday . I am doing the rotation.

Lora, any job luck?I am so glad your dr. gave you a slip.

Diane Sue, great workouts.I hope you sell so you can be closer to your family.

I did nothing last night. Between work and working out i was wiped. I had a salad took a bath and hit the bed.
I need to wrap presents and go to the store.

Well happy killer w/o's

So Meg, you really do like Drill Max? I do like the premix #5 alot.

Lora,

I have decided that I am not going to buy anymore oils except for the lunar at times and the inquisitions. I just am getting too too many. I have to be able to wear them all. I am going to mail you Moon Baby cd. I will just burn that song for you so you can hear it.

Charlotte~~

Well - I just got back from work (dropped my papers off). Phyllis is on vacation (my old boss) and Charles was there (the supervisor). It was very emotional. He told me that PHyllis called him Saturday morning to tell him there was a lot of *drama* on Friday and Lora's not coming back and I couldn't even sleep last night!! Can you believe it? Charles said he went in my office and looked in my candy drawer (I KNOW!!! what?) and when he saw that was gone, he knew I wasn't coming back. He gave me a big hug and told me how sorry he is that I"m leaving. He even told me that I've had my boss in a "better place" mentally over the last couple months and everything was going so well.............just the way I felt also! Oh well.........forward we go. I just hope my next job is easy and great!

Anne - No luck yet with a job. I actually haven't even set that interview up. I guess I need to call her back. I left a voice mail message yesterday but still haven't heard back. I hope she didn't change her mind.

Mornin'!

Did Ab Ripper X this morning. I have the neurologist appt. today and wasn't sure I'd have time to come back to work so I'll probably go home early and that way I'll have plenty of time to do Arms and Shoulders and maybe throw in a CC. So I came to work early.

WHAT??? Lora had a candy drawer??? Tsk, tsk, tsk! :p

Char - Meg point? Hmmmm.... Don't wear out your arms cleaning b/c it's just not that important - that must be it!

Meg - Way to go on the subliminal messaging.

Debbie - You're nuts girl!!!

Diane Sue - How fun for those 5th graders - and the shopping for you afterwards. What a lovely reward. :)

Storm - You're gonna have some killer gams!

Jeanette - congrats on the MONSTER BICEPS!!!

Great workouts so far everyone. Lots of work awaits. My world at work has changed. Good changes. I best get to the work.

I lost a pound. Up down up down up down. I was never like that. I must take my measurements this weekend before it's too far into the program.

Later gators!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz,

lol! You ain't feelin' it today? The subliminal messages???
My weight has been yo yoing too. I am up one more pound after doing plyo's??? Must be muscle this time. Has to be. I think your body is like..WTH with P90X and it is just confused right now! LMAO! You are probably losing fat and gaining muscle too. I KNOW I will at least see a change in my abs if nothing else.

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs! Did Step and Intervals and Chest this morning.

Here is the breakdown

BB Chest press 31x20/25/12x3
Alternate Db chest press and flys 10xgazillionx1
Pushups

I must say, I am having a VERY hard time adjusting back to Cathe's upperbody lifting. Maybe it's the gazillion reps. Maybe is the odd counting and pulseing. Maybe it's the choreographed lifting. I don't know. I just know, I don't feel pleased with my workouts and I don't have that sense of accomplishment. Almost like I'm wasting my time. I do like her leg workouts though.

Diane Sue-Do you have a spread sheet fot Step and Intervals? I don't see it on your site.

Lora-That must have been tough going back in there. Candy stash? You go girl!!!

Meg- Good job doing DM when you are still sore and coughing! I bow to you.

Char- Sounds like DH just wants you to be happy and that he could care less about the veins.:) Plus he likes your @ss! Can't beat that! Good job on getting your way on the FIL smoking deal. I was thinking that the trying to sell the house and the smoke smell wouldn't be a good idea.

Netta- you are right about it being easier to increase weight not following a choreographed routine. I'll be curious as to how you feel going back to Cathe after P90X. I wonder if you'll feel like I do. See above.

Debbie-Love how you are mixing up the CC's! I need to contact Sean because my CC2 is missing the 1st steady state. I hear he is pretty good at resending a download.

Anne- I wish I could have done this rotation with you. Darn! Sounds like you are liking it.

Suz- It's nice to get ARX out of the way, isn't it. It's hard to tack that one on after a grueling workout. Hope the pound loss is a keeper.:)

Gotta get to work...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morning maniacs!
Thought you P90X'ers would get a laugh out this.

I just realized on Monday that after your chest back and then back bicep workouts that ABripperx follows automatically. Until Monday I was switching DVD's to the abripperx one!!! I felt pretty darn stupid with that one,

Netta ONE INCH? you must have been pumped!

Char- that's a wonderful breakthrough with DH!!! Let's hope it all goes as planned, when is he coming?

Meg...now all you need is cardio fusion!

Anne...hope your feely spry after your exhausting day!

Dallys..you have me scared about going back to Cathe...I am really digging this, I see some results already in my abs...the cut is extending from the ribs down to the hips, it's been awhile since I've seen that.

I'm too afraid to weigh myself...will wait till MOnday, I promised to not get to stressed out over a pound or two either way.

BBL,
AMBER

W

Lora, forgot to mention. You're on the upswing now girl...nothing can take you down for long!

I got that CD from DD, but keep forgeting to put it in my car... Will try in the morning!

Amber

Amber,

I started doing that to, but doesn't really matter to me cuz I like to do Ab Ripper later anyways. Oh, today is going to be another killer workout like the chest one. I am trying to load up on my carbs. Had a half of a small watermelon. My usual high protein cereal, protein bar, yogurt w/nuts and now chinese food...chicken with lots of veggies (all steamed) and then I think I will have a salad after that.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning
Just finished Kick Max and B&G stability ball legs and abs.
I had to keep going the bathroom during the blast challenge because my stupid UTI hasn't gone away! I would go to the doctor but my insurance hasnt kicked in yet. I'll just have to get some Uristat.
Have a good day everyone
Randi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.