Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Dec 12

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning. I paused the DVD and added a couple sets of various exercises cuz I don't think I went heavy enough on a couple of exercises. It's hard to gauge this in his workouts, as I know I have to go lighter because of the different spin he puts on moves and the way he brings the core into the move...so I just need to practice getting the weights right. Workout was 70" and I burned 532 calories. (I'm really enjoying Patrick. He works the heck out of your legs and I think he's especially beneficial to us ladies that tend to store our fat from the waist down because of the way he works the legs. I actually think I saw slight results in my legs after doing his DVDs for a week and a half. He even states that he throws a lot of lower body in his DVDs cuz he knows us ladies need extra work in that area.....how kind of him! LOL).

Speaking of Patrick - I bought a couple of his (so called easier) Step workouts from the DDD sale recently and just rec'd Step My Way yesterday. I was previewing it last night. Yikes......this is an easier one? He sure turns a lot!! It looks fun...but I don't know if I'll ever get all of it. I may have to wait until my brain isn't so overloaded from the new job. I'm really liking him as an instructor. Anyone else here ever try anything by him?

Quaker oats came out with this new hot cereal that has oats, barley, etc and pecans. It's pretty low in sugar and tastes okay. I'm eating a double serving this morning cuz I'll be working the front desk today ...which means I won't get to eat anything for at least 6 hours or so.

I was reading about the food at work situations and I'm happy to report that my current job isn't half as bad in that respect as other places I've worked. Unbelievably, they don't get hardly any goodies from the patient's or drug reps for the Holidays. We did have a small box of chocolate yesterday....and I had a couple of pieces....but at least I don't have to look at donuts and cake all of the time. Even if there was food around, this place is so busy, that hardly anyone takes time to eat anyway!

Have great workouts everyone.

This morning was total body again and I had an excellent workout. Ate more calories yesterday and it made a huge difference with my energy.

90 sec. rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Close Grip Pullups: 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***These were tough for some reason this morning. Upper back is still sore from Monday's workout so that could be why.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Incline Bench Press:
95# - 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***These felt good but the last set was a struggle.[/font]

[font color=indigo]LOW BACK/LEGS[/font]
Traditional Deadlifts:
65# - 8
60# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***First time ever doing these. I LOVE this exercise. 65# felt a bit too heavy for my low back, it was really tight this morning. 60# was perfect. Felt this in my glutes as well. Kind of a scary exercise but I concentrated on form and think I did pretty well with it. Shins kind of got a bit bruised but that's ok.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Dumbbell Upright Rows:
25's - 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Love this exercise. This felt good and got a great burn by the 3rd and 4th set.[/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS[/font]
SLDL's:
95# - 8
90# - 8/8
85# - 8
[font color=blue]***Low back really feeling these. Should not have scheduled this with Traditional Deads but I'm ok and my low back feel pretty darn good right now.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Lying Dumbbell Extensions:
20's - 8
22's - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Felt really strong with this exercise. My tri's seem to be freakishly strong.[/font]

[font color=violet]That is all...[/font]

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am going for bike ride, if it is not too windy. Temps will be close to 70 (at least that is what I heard) and then plan on doing leg work from the new kickboxing workout of 4Day Split. I have to finish cleaning the house too. My upper body is very sore. My triceps burned like crazy yesterday and then my biceps kicked in later. Weird. Traps very sore too and neck feels stiff. Can't distinguish the difference between my boobs being sore from too much caffeine or from the bench. LMAO! So yeah, feeling like a DOMS Frankenstein for now til it lets up some.

My Eats will be about the same.

I wonder how Diane Sue is doing????

Debbie,

Awesome workout!!!!! Smokin'. Gosh.

Lora,

Glad people don't tempt you too much with bad food. Chocolate is something I find dangerous when I am around it.

Hi Debbie,

Your w/o looked good! I'll get there, my heaviest weight I used last nigth on my total body w/o was 20 lb dbs. On my shoulder work, I can only do 10lbs overhead press. Side Laterals I can only do 6lbs. I'm really weak with that body part, but I'll get there!

Great w/o!

Charlotte,

I'm doing 4DS kickboxing tonight too! HA! Did you see my post last night? I did a Total Body w/o for a little over an hour long! I felt so good afterwards, because I almost didn't workout!

Sandy,

That is good! I haven't had a chance to read last nights post, but I will. I just finished cleaning basement. Killed another black widow spider. This is the 3rd bw I have killed in only 2 weeks. EW! They are right by the door in the crevaces. I took the vacuum hose and suctioned it in there. Hopefully no more.

Well the rain is ALREADY a coming so I got to get on my bike NOW! Bye~

FROM YESTERDAY:

Suz - Ok Suz, what's your "rule"??? It sucks to be at work here too, always ALWAYS some sort of cookies or donuts hanging around. Luckily I can walk away from them. What's funny is we are having a potluck on the 18th and I will definitely indulge in that. So one of the girls here says she'll bring in a fruit tray. Now mind you, she eats the junk we have here daily all year long. And I lay money that at the beginning of the year she'll be in here asking me advice on how to eat right. So I ask her why in the heck is she bringing in something healthy now??? Yeesh, I told her she eats crap all year and now she's going to bring in something healthy? LOL! Whatever. But I told her it's the only time during the year I let myself eat so bring something good in dammit!! Yeesh!!!

Char - Great going with Bootcamp yesterday. I love the ab work in the LIS workout. Burner!

Randi - Great job on IMAX 3! That is one tough workout. I haven't done it in ages.

Penney - Great workout yesterday! And any type of puke status work is good in my book! LOL!

I'll respond to today's posts in a little while....

Good Morning
Short workout today GS shoulders 4DS bootcamp cardio still felt like a good workout though:)
Char black widows are so scary and deadly haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
It looks like a winter wonderland here in KC!
have a great day ladies:)
Randi

Hi Everyone,:)

Debbie: just wanted to say thanks am eating pancakes now, I tried with PP and without both ways are good. I made them with steel cut oats, such a unique taste, aw....this should hold me for a few hours, before meal 3 :9

Tomorrow will add ½ banana. You guys have a wonderful day.

Good morning! Legs later today :)

Great workout as usual Debbie!!!!! Yeah, puke-worthy cardio for me last night, lol! ;)

Just got back from bike ride. Did only 8 miles. Had no time to rest so kept the heart rate high most of time. I forgot I had left the house with dd still there and did not bring my keys. If she would have left the house, I would have been locked out so I hurried. I feel great now. Should do that all the time like that.

Now I got to get to Wal Mart quick and then clean some. Weight work later.

Morning Maniacs! Finished up 30 min. on the Treadmill. Did the toughest pre-set workout. It has me running at 4.5 5.0 5.5 6.0 for 2 min. each all on a 3% incline and that about kills me! Then right after that it goes to a 8% incline at 4.0 and slowly the inlcine goes down until it's over. It's tougher than it sounds...swear. It's close to puke status, but it's really more of a faint status.

I'm guessing that Diane Sue is out of electricty. I sure hope she is ok. That ice storm looks really bad over there.

Speaking of bad foods. My customers keep bringing me all kinds of goodies. I have an oreo carmeled apple just staring at me. It's horrible! I have brownie mixes and cookies and suckers oh my. LOL!

I'll be back later...work forever hounds (pun intended) me. LOL!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Lora - Your workout sounded like a good one this morning. How is your back doing?

Randi - What rotation are you doing now? Or are you just winging it? Nice going with the shoulders!

Teddygirl - Ok, I have to ask. How did you make them with steel cut oats? Did you cook the steel cut oats first or put them in the pancakes raw?

Char - Great going on your bike ride! I can't believe how warm it is for you there!

Dallys - Nice going with your cardio. That sounds tough to me. I haven't tried any of the preprogrammed workouts on my treadmill yet. That just scares me. I hate not knowing whats coming and for how long. I'm anal that way.

Diane Sue - Hope you are ok!!!

Good Afternoon Maniacs,

Still went to bed way to late last night, but took benedreyl which knocked me out, so no coughing fits!

Debbie - been meaning to ask you from an earlier post why you gave up caffeine?

Randi - I love 4DS Bootcamp cardio. Short but really tough. Gets the job done!

Everyone - I hear everyone talking about junk at work and was curious what you do for for a living? If you don't want to share that's fine. Personally, I am pretty much a SAHM, except I do work as the Planning/Zoning board Secretary here where I live, but it's only 2 hours a week and then a meeting once a month if it doesn't get canceled.

Okay, back to why we are here. This morning was supersets with biceps and triceps;

Biceps
EZ Barbell Curls
15/15/15 45#
Triceps
Close Grip BB Press
10/10/10 65#(went up five pound, but think I could go higher)

Biceps
Pinwheels
12 20# (tough morning, half way through set before realizing suppose to be zottman curls, LOL)

Zottman Curls
12/12/12 21#
Skull Chrushers
15/15 40#
15 45# (thought I had 45# on first two sets and wondering why so easy, as that was a 5# increase, only to realize bar was only loaded at 40#, again tough morning and apparently I can't add, LOL)

Concentration Curls
20/17 20#
20 15#
Weighted Bench Dips
15/15/15 55#

And here are the eats for yesterday:

banana/oatmeal/egg white pancake
soy milk
baby carrots and tofurky (couple cheese crackers:p )
large salad with quorn meatless chicken
raisens
asparagus and cottage cheese
half apple with too much natural peanut butter!

Not bad, again no sugar!:7

Have a great day and an awesome workout!

Linda

Linda - You are doing great with this rotation. Awesome job! Weights are impressive. I quit caffeine about two years ago because I have an aeortic valve problem in my heart. Plus I have an extra heart beat and caffeine makes my heart race if I go overboad. So I quit totally until recently. Now I let myself have one cup in the morning before my day starts. I love it! :)

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Garlic chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds; small salad w/Zesty Italian dressing
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding
M6: Buffalo burger patty; salad w/light Honey Mustard dressing
M7: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp power pb

[font color=blue]1888.5 calories
61 g. fat - 29%
197 g. protein - 42%
145 g. carbs - 31%
[/font]

I'm eating my M5 right now and I am freakin' STARVING! WTF? I don't get it, it's like I have a tape worm or something.

Hey Maniacs! Late lunch time here. I feel so worn out. Work is just crazy! My elbow is practically toast. I hope I make it til Friday. LOL! I've got til next Friday and then hopefully 2 weeks off. I didn't get in YogaX yesterday, so I'm hoping I can do it today. My back is so tight. Gosh, I'm a complainer this week. But, d@mnit, I can't help it.:)

Eats:
Protein pudding/ww toast/honey/tangerine
Black beans/brown rice/corn/cheese/crunched chips (this is so good!)
Sweet potatoe/cottage cheese
Salad/eggwhites/tangerine

Debbie- To a real runner, that preset treadmill workout is probably easy, but since I'm a pathetic-crippeled-up type of runner, it's killer!LOL! You're probably hungry cuz you need to up your calories since you keep upping the weights and breaking treadmill goals.:) You're a machine!}(

Linda- Great workout! You are lifting some weights there! Are you vegetarian? Just noticed you eat tofurky and other oddball things.;)
As far as jobs go, I have a grooming shop at my house.

Char- Not fair! It's freezing here and here you are riding your bike and basking in the sun!:p

Teddygirl- Enjoy your protein pancakes.:9 They are good with almond butter too!

Penney- Nice that you got in the puke-staus cardio.:)

Randi- Great workout! So, you got snow too?

Sandy- That total body workout is tough isn't it?

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Debbie - I had given up coffee about eight years ago, because it was suppose to be so unhealthy for you. I just recently add back a cup a day and I am with you, I love it! Can't believe I was missing out all this time.
Also awesome new avatar. Your arm looks terrific! Your probably starving because your body is trying to support all that muscle!
And thanks for the rotation. Enjoying this one just as much as the last. It's cool finding out I can do things I never thought I could. Plus I am really digging the changes in my body that that challenge has brought.

Linda

Dallys - yes I am a vegetarian and I eat tofurky and many other oddball things :p . I went vegan about eight years ago and did that for about two years. Then DS came along, was allergic to soy when baby, so I added dairy and eggs back in to get my proteins and just kept them since.:9

Linda

Good afternoon!

I just finished my workout. I did CC#7 and then I just did a bit of weight work. My upper back's been hurting so I did back rows on my Smith machine 3 sets of 15 reps, pulldowns 3 sets of 15 reps, and 75 pushups. Not much, but I wanted to do something with weights but I was kinda pooped.

My dad is coming here on Christmas day and staying through the 6th. He'll fly into Denver and then take a shuttle here. I'm glad he decided to come here.

Lora - Are you enjoying your job?

Debbie - Awesome workout. So you really notice a difference with the calories. I've made a mental note, as my calories are still too low. :) My rule at work is that I don't eat any of the junk people bring in. Ever. And I never have in the five years I've been there until I lost this weight. x( And what's with that gal bringing in something healthy to your potluck NOW??? Crazy!

Char - So you might get addicted to the faster cycling now, ey? :) It's fun, isn't it?

Randi - Bootcamp's a great workout! Good job!

Dallys - Sounds like you're doomed with all those goodies. :9

Linda - Another great workout. You guys are all putting me to shame. I'm really going to have to get serious here pretty soon with the weights. :)

Diane Sue - Still thinking of you.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.