Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Aug 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Off to do my Jillian book circuit. Be back in a bit.

Diane Sue - I've never seen that bag workout until you posted it. It looks good though, but it has one of those reviews that looks as if it was typed by the people selling the DVDs. I always get leary when I see one shining review. Let me know if you get it and what you think. I still haven't done my Pit workout. However, I have reviewed it and it's lots of pushup variations!

Good Morning, today's workout will be step and Amy Bento's 3 day split back, biceps, and triceps. I will do abs too. Then some cleaning.

Lora, I saw the one review. I do like to see a lot of positive reviews. It does cost quite a bit and I probably will not purchase it since I haven't heard anything. Not sure about the Pit and all of the push ups. It does not cost that much at Deep Discount though. I have been saving my spending for the new Amy's and Tracey's. I already pre ordered Tracey's.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning I did a bicep blast workout and did abs. My bi's are fried right now and feel very warm! Love it! I really like working my biceps alone, I find I am much stronger doing them this way.

[font color=red]Biceps[/font]
EZ Preacher Curls:
45# - 12 reps
55# - 10 reps
60# - 6/6/6 reps (added one rep to the 2nd set and added a 3rd set this week)
45# - 12 reps

Incline Alt. Dumbbell Curls:
20's - 15 reps
22's - 12 reps
25's - 8/8/8 reps (added a 3rd set this week)
20's - 10 reps
[font color=blue]***These felt really good today. I remember struggling with this exercise a few months back.[/font]

Pinwheels:
22# - 8/8 reps
20# - 10 reps
[font color=blue]***By this time my biceps were really fatigued. I wanted to try 25# for this but decided not too.[/font]

[font color=red]Abs:[/font]
Body Max 2 Ab work
[font color=blue]***Love this ab work, especially the side planks and angels.[/font]

Hope you all have great workouts!

I ended up doing my Jillian Circuit Backside. Used my Blue & Black bands together for lat work and ankle weights and dumbbells for abs. Used the Rebounder for the jump rope and aerobic segments. I felt it in my foot a bit though. Workout was 67" and I burned 410 calories. My body is already feeling beat from these and I just started them again! Music was Papa Roach Paramour Sessions again.......just love that CD...won't be sick of it for a long time, as every song kicks butt! Even the DH loves it and has been listening to it nonstop. I hear him downstairs lifting in the morning singing all of the lyrics to it! LOL!

Deb - Great workout.

Diane Sue - I know.......pushup after pushup is not my idea of fun....especially with my injury. I might have to add some weighted segments into them when I do them. The heavy bag/boxing segments are cool though....but they are sort of free form. Yes, I got mine for cheap also....or I wouldn't have gotten it.

Toasty - The Diabolus scents do sound good. I got samples of Incubus and Goblin. I don't know what happened but last night when I checked the website, Sugar Skull was under Limiteds (it wasn't there the other morning) and Hexxancant (spelling??) which wasn't there the other morning either. I LOVE Sugar Skull....so I have to figure out where to get more money. I submitted to the Treat Inqu.......cuz MARSHMALLOW....is OMG!!! Love the sweets. I need it!! I'd like to order another one though. I also got some of the nailpolishes, as I'm a nut for dark dark shades. I just bought some black with a reddish glittery gold fleck to it and a deep navy shade by OPI also. Getting ready for Fall.

Gotta get going. Need to do my neck stretches and I have to go into Walgreen's and finish my Skills Assessment. Was applying for a job online yesterday and I have to go into the store for the rest of it. Still no JOB!!!!! This is getting downright depressing! Need money.

Have great workouts.

Lora, there is a website with vid clip of the Real Kickboxing bag workout. I read a lot of reviews on it doing a search. They have a studio in Orange County Ca. the website is www.realkickboxing.com It is starting to look tempting. I will think about it. Wish you didn't have to buy the whole set since it is beginner, intermediatem and advanced and a 20 min. workout. Also, I am betting the reviewer on Amazon is someone involved with the workout as they are from OC and have only one review at Amazon.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Maybe I should leave my workout sheet down in the basement from yesterday. lol. My poundage for chest is very minimal compared to most. Don't know why chest work is so difficult for me. And everytime I bench, towards the end, I feel like a muscle is gonna pull in my back. I try so dang hard and only getting like 3 reps for benching 85#. So thank goodness doing bicep work today. Will do it when I get home from work. I don't like working biceps in the morning as my strength is better later on. Must make sure I take in extra food at work. I hate working days cuz I have such a hard time eating 4 things in 15 mins. lmao! So I start off my day with a pm protein shake of 40g of protein so I don't starve if it gets busy and I can't eat right away.

Toasty - I hear ya about eating at work. My coworkers always say - -you eat so much but you're so skinny!! They haven't a clue!!! Do they??? Also, we're not putting fried greasy crap in our mouths!!! like donuts, french fries, etc! Apples and almonds, etc are a bit different. I hate having to go out for lunch, wait in line and order and then scarf down a salad in 1/2 hour .....cuz it takes a while to eat a salad....lots of chewing and cutting! LOL. It's different than scarfing down a sandwhich and chips! I'm wearing Red Moon today and I smell sooooo good. It's my new fave. I just can't get enough of it! It's warm and sexy. Red musk loves my skin and it's just slightly sweet. Have you smelled it yet?

Diane Sue - I'm going to check that link out now......and I know I'm gonna want them and I don't EVEN have a bag for kicking purposes.....except the one in the basement that flies!

Hi, all! Thank you so much for yesterday's great advice!!! It was very informative and quite appreciated!

This morning I did Tracey's Kickbox Sweatfest followed by Amy Bento's Abs & Strecth (abs segment 2 and stretch segement 1).

Thanks again!!!

Good Morning:)
Last night had a busy night worked out after work ended up doing Muscle Endurance then had to go to a pool party for my friends B-day didnt get home till 1am.
Tonight is KPC:)
My headaches arent to bad now maybe my body had to get use to the BC
Dont know, it's just simple have to do that once a month and not have to worry about the pill each day.
Have a great day guys
Randi

Hello Ladies!

This morning I did biceps, triceps and back - pyramid style - on my own. I used my Bowflex weights and Smith machine. Tonight DH and I are supposed to go on the cycling club's group ride if the weather holds up. It's supposed to be rainy and 10-20mph winds today. So far the wind isn't too bad. Yesterday afternoon it rained really hard and it's supposed to do the same thing today. If that happens I think I'll do Imax 2. I haven't done that in awhile.

Great workouts so far everyone! I'm glad it's Wednesday. I'm hoping to take Friday off, but it depends how much work we get done. We have to have our spring classes all downloaded to the computer for our PR department by Friday. We plan to have that done by Thursday end of day.

Diane Sue - Thanks to Bill for his response to my post about assertiveness. It's so helpful to get a man's point of view. They are so sensible. :)

Randi - Glad your headaches are better. Lora said that sometimes her body just has to adjust to medications.

I better get back to work!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hey Maniacs-

Just wanted to let you know I got a call from DH today at work. FIL fell and scraped his back and arms pretty good. He is in hospital. He also has pnemonia. Liver is extremely large at this point. Doc told him and myself that he only has about 1 week. He hasn't been eating for the past week and can't have a bowel movement. He is swollen in lots of places. I had to leave the room. It is upsetting to see someone like this you know? I have to go back now and wait for DH to show up. I hope to still get in my workout later just to get things off my mind instead of sitting around thinking about stuff I can't control...only pray about.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - My heart goes out to you and your family. The situation is difficult to deal with. Hang in there and know that many warm thoughts and prayers are sent your way.

Suz - you're package went out today. It didn't cost that much to send it.......and I didn't expect you to give me any money....just needed to wait until I got a few bucks. The BPAL update pretty much drained me! LOL. My perfume oil addiction is sort of bad....as you know! Still trying to figure out how to scrape a few more pennies together for a couple more things I wanted....some Sugar Skull soap! Love Sugar Skull. I spoke with the Office Manager at the Derm practice today and she still hasn't decided. She also said she liked me and I might be hearing from her in a few days............my fingers and toes are crossed!! Even though it's a transcription job (which sort of sends chills down my spine)........I'm desperate! That's all I need is more practice typing and I'll be posting novels daily!! LOL.

Randi - yes,....hopefully you're body is just getting used to the new hormones and once you adjust, you might only get those headaches occasionally .....or better yet, not at all! I often take a prescription and have unwanted symptoms for the first few days but it dissipates.

Dallys- are you planning on doing a Turbulence Training rotation? If so, what will you do with all of your extra time since they are so short? I don't know if I'd like working out for that short of a period daily.....although with my ADD, it would probably take me longer. It's taking me about 67" to do the Jillian circuits and I'm in weeks 5 and 6 right now.

Do we know when we're supposed to get our new Cathe workouts?

Charlotte, my heart goes out to you and your family. I know it is hard. I will keep you in my prayers.

Today ended up with me running in and out the door a lot. I did get in my workout. I started with Kelly Coffey's Ready Step Go no str, then did Step Blast segment 3 and challenge, Amy Bento's ALL pump Extreme Back, biceps, and triceps, then I did Pyramid upper abs using a medicine ball instead of the stability ball for some of the moves, I finished with Amy's Stretch#2 from Abs and Stretch dvd.

Suz, I had to go look at your post about being assertive. Yes, some people just seem to make us lose that confidence we normally have in ourselves. Some day I hope to be better at it too:)

Charlotte - I'm so sorry about your FIL. You've been through so much. Hang in there girl.

After DH and I went to eat at Qdoba (I get a chicken burrito with beans, no rice, salsa and just a tiny bit of cheese and then eat half of it and bring the rest home and eat it for lunch the next day)I came home and rode on the bike on the trainer for an hour. It was too windy to do the group ride.

Charlotte - Not to worry. It is waaaay less than what I would pay if I were buying those workouts!!! Good luck with the job! My sister loves her transcription job. She works from home.

Diane Sue - Yeah, I just don't know what's wrong with people and why they have to be so mean. I know a lot of it is their insecurity. But my insecurity makes me not stand up for myself and I'm hoping to work on that.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.