Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed April 29

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I hardly slept last night. I was all wound up and have a bad migraine, as the weather just changed and I've also been getting them quite frequently....age related??

I stuck with my written out plan for my rotation this week and did Dave Kirsch's 7 Day Prescription, Back and Butt. I added 15 minutes on from his One on One series which was mostly squats and lunges. I ended with a 5 minute stretch. Workout was 65" and I burned 420 calories.

I threw Amy's Kettlebell workout in while I was cleaning up after my workout and it looks really good. I can't wait to do it, but I already wrote my scheduled week out and I haven't followed anything for so long that I want to follow thru.

I posted on yesterday's thread when I got home from work last night...in case anyone cares.

Diane Sue - I don't see that KB rotation on that thread. Do you happen to have the specifics of it? I'm very interested in anything that leans you out!

I have an extra Kickbox Surge DVD that I'll sell for cheap if anyone wants it. I ended up with 2 cuz I ordered the entire CIA set after preordering at Amy's site.

Have great workouts everyone.

Deb- did you have a chance to download any of that music I told you about yesterday? It's great workout music. I just love those songs.

Toasty - come out, come out wherever you are!!!

Hi to everyone else.

ETA: Eats so far were a strawberry milkshake Muscle Milk Light and a small handful of Trail Mix and a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese. Getting ready to eat my oatmeal and berries in a few.

Last edited:
Anyways, today was Legs. Had an ok workout. Only have one more Tabata workout to go and I'm done with this rotation. Looking forward to my off week but I think I'll still do cardio at least three times next week. I don't feel like I need a total week off.

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

LEGS
Front Squats:
20's - 8 sets/9-8 reps
***Used dumbbells this time, the bar really hurts my shoulders and chest area.

Alternate Front Lunges:
15's - 8 sets/4 each leg
***Right glute was burning. The muscle there was getting really tight again.

Leg Extensions:
55# - 8 sets/12 reps

Hamstring Press on HS w/4 Risers:
15# - 8 sets/16-15 reps
***These really burn like crazy.

Firewalkers:
Purple Band - 8 sets/12 reps back and forth

Barbell Calf Raises:
65# - 8 sets/17-16 reps
***Toes turned forward, in and out.

Can't give my HR stats because I changed the battary last night and now it doesn't work at all.

:mad: :mad:

I even tried putting the old battary back in it and it still won't find my HR. So now I have to have my dh look at it. I sure hope I didn't break it.

That is all....

Lora - Yes I did. I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet, though. I'm sure they are good. I'll let you know.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Lora,

So very good to hear back from you. I missed you. ;) You sound happy and well. Thanks for the songs. I needed new ones and I am sure Deb and others would appreciate that too. I will definitely check them out. I am so behind as I didn't know Papa Roach had a new album. LOL! I am still listening to Godsmack at the moment. I like Hollywood Undead. You? You still listening to Buckcherry? I wasn't on much yesterday. I am getting myself involved in alot of different things and some days just busier then others. I still love to clean and meditating more. I go to a meditation class on Saturdays.

Debbie,

Great workout! Was wandering how much longer you were gonna do Tabatha. What do you have planned next? Today is my last day of the heavy rotation.

Hello to everyone else!

So today I am gonna do biceps/back today. I didn't have enough time to get it in, but I did do my cardio. Did my own thing. I have the stats in the basement. Pretty much just stayed on elliptical for 45 mins and did first 20 mins with hr at 65-70% and then kicked it up to 80-85% for the next 20 mins. Started getting tired and held the last 5 mins in blue zone.

Lora,

I haven't added anything new to my picturetrail. It is outdated. lol. I have more recent pictures on my cathespace.

Hey Toasty - Yes, still listening to BC...although their album, Black Butterfly...didn't thrill me. I've been on a Papa Roach kick as Metamorphasis kicks butt. Love those 2 songs I posted about. When you hear them, you'll know they are "lora" songs!! LOL. I've also been listening to Nickelback's latest and love that song Something in Your Mouth!! If it comes on when I'm working out....I have to stop my workout and dance wildy to it. I have quite a routine down by now!! My DH loves it! LOL! Good to hear from you. Yes, I like the one Hollywood Undead song....but didn't like the second hit enough to buy the album. You must download Pop Evil though....great workout album!! They rock. They sing that song Heroes and Doing 100 in a 55.

Where's Meg been??? Meg....I see you on the Forum....please stop in and say hello!

Lora,

HAHAHA! You sound like me with the music! When I am on the elliptical I can actually dance on it...somewhat and sometimes I will do my thang too. hehe.

Meg hasn't been around here much lately, but she is on facebook. I hope she will stop in. She has been working out hard and posting on facebook.

Today was Cardio & Abs and I did Amy's Kickbox Surge & Core Training. Oh my goodness, that workout is just so much FUN!:D:D:D:D I absolutely love it.:D:D:D:D My right hip was bugging me yesterday so I probably should not have chosen kickbox, because it aches a little now, but it was so worth it. :p Anyway, workout was 78 minutes and I burned 660 calories! WooHoo!

Lora - What songs by Popevil??? Anything in particular? You should listen to other Hollywood Undead songs, they ROCK! I love their CD and listen to it all the time. Lots of good songs on it.

Deb - Pop Evil sings 100 in a 55 and Heroes....but the album "Lipstick on the Mirror" kicks ass! All of it rocks. I'll have to check out Hollywood Undead. As I said, I liked the first single, but not the second one. You can pull up Pop Evil videos on Youtube first and see if you like them. They have those 2 songs on their.

Toasty -dancing on the elliptical!! You're a trip! All we need is a stripper pole, eh? Oh, I forgot ....you have one in your basement! LOL.

Off to work.............I work 10-8...yuk! Boring! Off to try and sell fumes again.

Hello to all -

First of all, thanks for the words about DH the other day. It is just a completely sucky time right now. We are going to try counseling. During the week is always nice b/c he's not here so I don't have to deal with it all ;)

Lora - I remember you on the forums before but not sure if it was in this check in. Anyway, nice to see you back and to hear that you are working on it with your DH. Nice to have you back!

Debbie: I have heard of people changing the batteries and then the stupid thing not working at all b/c the company is supposed to be the one to change them. Makes no sense to me at all. Hope you get yours to working. I notice that mine does not work right if I lean over (didn't you say yours stopped when you were on your back?)

Dallys/Char (and Suz if you pop in here today...and anybody else for that matter who may know!): Anybody know about Orbea bikes??? I looked that one yesterday and really liked it.

Diane Sue: Did your DH find a job? If you get a condo, will you have plenty of room for all of your "toys?" I know even if I lived under a bridge, I would just need an electrical source and something to keep my stuff dry and I'd be good to go ;)

Linda: Great workout and calorie burn! You are on fire!!! Hope the hip doesn't give you trouble.

Char: Enjoy your workout :) I'm about to make my breakfast and write you back.

Yesterday, Halle was home b/c her stomach hurt. I woke up dizzy/lightheaded from sinus/allergies. We just stayed home and then ran some errands (one of which involved me finding the bike I liked!) When we got back, I did CC#2 starting on the bike, then on to the stepmill (which darn it, the monitor is not working right now!!), and then finished on the arc. After that, I did Amy Bento's Core Refining on her new KB DVD. That one was a lot of fun but I'm not feeling it today. Calorie burn was about 450. Today is the first of Meso 3 legs... yikes. I'm doing the squat rack option. Then I want to try the abs in the M&F Hers that just came out.

Happy Wednesday to all of you amazing chics...

After that, I did Amy Bento's Core Refining on her new KB DVD. That one was a lot of fun but I'm not feeling it today.

Shana - The Core Refining was fun. But I didn't feel anything on that side move to balancing on the ball. Really felt the last one tough. Let you know if I am sore tomorrow.

I have loads to accomplish around here. It is pouring rain today. This morning I did STS disc 1 shoulders chest and biceps with extended stretch and burned 365 calories. Was able to increase my weights some from the first time I did it. I burned 365 calories. Then I did Amy's Kickbox surge quick surge mix which was combos and surges 1-3, med ball core and stretch. I really like the Kickbox workout. I burned 445 calories doing this premix. Total caloreis burned 810

Shana - The Core Refining was fun. But I didn't feel anything on that side move to balancing on the ball. Really felt the last one tough. Let you know if I am sore tomorrow.

Yes, it could hit us later! You can always count on her to have some fun and different moves. Even if I don't feel it later, I did as I was working it so I'll be ok with that too. I agree - there was one that I thought I must be missing something but I just tried to focus on engaging the core and hoped for the best :)

I slept in today and feel 100% better- was feeling achy and run down and just done. I think I sorely need the rest week that is coming. Anyway, sitter is here for the LAST time today so I am heading downstairs in a few to tackle back and triceps.

I'll BBL later with a report and few personals! Good to see that we are all so chatty today. :)

Lora, I do not have an picturetrail account. If you click on my Avatar you can look at my Albums in my Cathe space. You should set up one.
I gained more strength and was able to go heavier than before by the time I finished Mesocycle 3 of STS. My upper body has gained the most from it. The pictures I have in there are from before STS though. I want to get some new ones taken. Just need to find the time.

Debbie: I have heard of people changing the batteries and then the stupid thing not working at all b/c the company is supposed to be the one to change them. Makes no sense to me at all. Hope you get yours to working. I notice that mine does not work right if I lean over (didn't you say yours stopped when you were on your back?)

Nope, this one I should be able to change the battery on my own. It's not a Polar. I hope my dh can figure out what is wrong with it. It is my most favorite HRM that I've ever owned. And I've owned a lot. And yes, it loses my HR when I'm laying down, not sure why?

Nope, this one I should be able to change the battery on my own. It's not a Polar. I hope my dh can figure out what is wrong with it. It is my most favorite HRM that I've ever owned. And I've owned a lot. And yes, it loses my HR when I'm laying down, not sure why?

Hope you get it figured out - stupid things are so wonderful yet so frustrating. I didn't realize it was just Polar's that were that way - hope mine lasts a good long while b/c I don't want to be out of it while it is being serviced! That is just dumb.

Good Mornin,

Read all the posts and it seems everyone is doing well. We'll be doing the last disc in Meso 2 then a well deserved week off. During that week I'll be doing cardio everyday. My plan is to do a short one and the next day to do a longer one. Then will start Meso 3.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Hi Everyone :D

Lora: Good to see you:rolleyes:

This morning, I started with a 30 minute jog afterwards I did 4DS Back & Bi's repeated some twices.

MEALS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon PB pancake (post workout)
M3: Fresh cinnamon roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. PB
M4: Zucchini Lasagna; orange
M5: Snack wrap
M6: Parmesan talapia; salad w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites

1622 calories
53 g. fat - 29%
137 g. protein - 34%
161 g. carbs - 40%

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.