Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed 9-13

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did P90X Back & Biceps. I can't believe you only do this workout twice on the Lean Rotation. It was a pretty good workout and I kept getting weaker and weaker as the workout progressed. Really good work for the back/biceps. I used mostly 20-25 pounds for lats and my green extreme band seated for pulldowns, etc. and for biceps, I started with 15's but was dropping to 12's and at the very end even 10's. My biceps are weak. I strained my shoulder doing those Corn Cob Pull Ups. I've never done them before and I won't be doing them again. It is not a natural move for my disc/shoulder problem. I also did Ab Ripper X with my ankle weights and med ball.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in from work, but my boss is back today. I guess she fell and injured her knee -- that's why she was off sick. I'm going to be busy today...JOY!

Good Morning Maniacs and Lurkers!!!!;-)

Today is strength training for me. Maybe a bike ride. Gotta do them abs too.

Lora,

I got your email. I will send you a pm in a minute.

Adri,

I think it is incredible that you can handle all that weight and still go to school, run several miles, etc. You are flying high!!!! You just reminded me of the bionic woman from years past. No harm intended. Just be yourself..whoever that might be. You don't have anything to prove to anyone but yourself.

Debbie,

There is a BIG difference in your overall size!!!! WOWZA!!!! I can see more mass and more definition. It is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the similiar definition in my arms, but my muscles are so much longer/much smaller...kinda pisses me off when I see yours, but I am happy for ya!!! Very much so!!!!!!!! I can tell you are really serious when you train...pictures say it all. Your abs look rock hard and me thinks you should have taken some of your legs cuz your booty looks like it has it going on too. Your back...gosh!!! Really looking good woman!!!!!!

Sunnyside,

Nice workout yesterday. Seemed like it went on forever when I read it! lol. Maniac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - do you want this to go out or should I wait and see if my Mum Moon order gets here so I can add an imp of that? Let me know. I need to know in the next few minutes though......cuz I'm leaving for work.

Send it!!!! The concert is coming up...me wants to smell nicey! I can get a sample from you of mum moon another time with few others.

Charlotte~~

Good morning, ladies! Hope all are doing well! Tonight I teach my aqua class again, which is going to be interesting because I feel a cold coming on. Maybe they'll let me teach it in the whirlpool that's also in the pool area, whaddaya think?

Have a great workout day!

A-Jock

Charlotte- O so your not mad at me? OK I thought for some reason you and Debbie were avoiding me or something so I just didn't check in.

I'm not going to school today. I haev a head cold. I'm supposed to do chest, back, abs, and a 4.5 mile jog but I dunno what I'm ganna do. I get so depressed when I can't work out when I want cuz its all I wanna do and it really pisses me off.Maybe later I'll feel better and go W/O.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Mprning ladies .
I am rubbing my arm down. I think i pulled something last night on my lower arm by my elbow. It hurts.I may be pushing it.
I made it on day 2 of the total body
push ups
chest flies 25/20/20
DB upright rows 25/20/20
Pile Squats 58/58/58
Leg press 40-3 sets
Pull overs 35- only 10 on 3rd set gave out
Barbell curls 35-3 sets all i could handle
Tri- i did these one legged.
DH agreed to get rid of stuff and get a smith machine...I left him a pic.
Gonna check around, Someone told me Sams Club. Have to watch the height to make sure it will fit in basement.
He has something similar, but it is for bench. bars that go across are like big pins.It is going to go.
Have a great day.
AJock make m sweat in the hot tub part. I am sure you will be great.
Laura and Charlotte are you going to a concert together?
(OH MY )Might be a wild one....

Char, Get the house sold?

Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne,

No, but Laura could come down here and see Aerosmith and Motley Crue with me on the 30th???

Great workout going on there. I had DOMS in my arms yesterday and my arms hurt by the elbow as well, keep doing your thing, but just use some caution as I am sure you do. So your getting a smith machine???? WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! You are gonna love it!!! Who is gonna put it together? DH?

House still not sold. DH and I are beside ourselves right now. Not sure what to do if it doesn't sell soon. Maybe not move, afterall?

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - I'm going to the Chili Peppers on the 31st of October. When is Aerosmith playing there? Although, I won't pay what they're asking for tickets and I've seen them more times than you'd believe. I'm still hoping Buckcherry swings back around this way before they finish touring. I just read on the BC forum that a 16 year old's mother is suing the record label for her appearing in the Crazy B video. The made girls show ID's at the place...so obviously, she had a fake ID. Now the Mom is claiming the girl has all of this emotional damage,etc....such BS!! I'm so mad about it.

Good Morning,
Last night I finally got finally got in my ab work. I went out after picking up my grandchildren and bought myself a Sony shelf stereo system for my workout room that handles mp3 files etc.. It has much better sound than going through my dvd and tv speakers. Also a bonus it has a cassette player. I pulled out old cassettes just for fun:) So I did Ab ripper X with the music off and used my own using a 15# med ball and shoe weights, then 150 Bowflex resisted crunches @100#, 45 hanging knee raises with 12 #, and 30 barbell rollouts on toes@45#. I will check the rest of yesterdays posts later today. Today is cardio and S&H Back and Biceps.

Lora, it sounds like you are making some good progress. I couldn't do corn cobs with the Bowflex so I just did more pulldowns varying angles when I did p90x. It is not worth it to do something that is going to cause you to injure yourself or hurt. I have found that progress can be made doing something else. Your weights are good. Some of those biceps moves like the crouching ones I have to drop to 12# on. I can get a few at 15#. But it is very hard doing them in that position.

Adri, hope you get to feeling better so you can workout. I don't know if you said, but do you have really short days at school? It must be tough doing studies, gymnastics, and going to the gym as well. I wish I had all of that energy. Oh, to be young again:)

Debbie, wow. You have definitely made a lot of progress. Great muscle developement. You can tell that you have put a lot into your workouts.

Hi to Maeghan,Shiela, Charlotte, Dallys, Anne, and Annette
Have a great day everyone,
Diane Sue

http://wd.1ww.us

Morning ladies!!!!! GUESS WHAT??? I got my lazy butt out of bed this morning and did SJP! I was amazed! My body handled it beautifully and I could have kept going, but time wouldn't allow it. I will get up a little earlier tomorrow! When I tried this months ago, 10 min was all I could do before almost puking and passing out. I guess all that hard work is paying off in regards to what my body can handle.

I didn't WO last night since I had a horrible headache and no motivation. So hopefully this AM thing works out and no more evening WO's, so I can spend that time with DH.
I still have chest to do, and maybe some more abs.

Adri- if you are sick enough to have to stay home, I hope you rest today. Skipping a WO isn't bad, it may be very good for you. If you feel better later, just do something light like yoga. Hope you feel better.

Deb- I agree wiht CHarlotte re your pics, but CHarlotte, you look just as good woman! All you guys rock, and are rock solid! I envy all your abs though! That is proving to be my trouble area, mostly from pregnancy skin/flab/whatever. I won't give up though! I wouldn't mind the stretch marks as long as my stomach was flat flat flat!!!LOL!!

Anne- take care of that arm you sly woman you! Isn't wonderful how we can make our DH's listen?? LOL!! YOu go girl!

Lora- I hope your day isn't to horrid with that woman! LOL! Have a good one.

Aqua- have a great "swim" and I hope you feel better. I would love to try one of your classes to see what it was like. Have fun!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/150/.png[/

Thanks all for the comments. Its hard for me to see more muscle development then from last year, I'm glad you all can see it! That must be where the extra couple of pounds is coming from then.

Adri - we aren't mad at you! Good Lord! Hope you feel better and I agree, you need to take a rest day.

This is my workout, did another full body. Called for 3 sets/12 reps and 1 min. 30 sec. rest.

Close Grip Underhand Chinups - 9!!! then 5 then 6!!!
Static Lunges - 65#/65#/70# (these are a butt burner!)
Incline Chest Flies - 30's each hand (these felt great!)
One Arm Rows - 35#/35#/30#
Seated Incline Alt. DB Curls - 20's each hand but could only do 10/10/8 reps
Leg Extensions - 70#
This workout took 50 minutes and I burned 199 calories. Then I did the Treadmill for a mile which felt great! For the entire workout I was in my zone for 46 minutes and burned 361 calories. Entire workout took me an hour and 20 minutes.

Tomorrow is my rest day! Yay!!!
Have great workouts everyone!

Charlotte,
Well it is not going to be me. That is his job, but i am sure i will help. I have to measure to see if it will fit.90 " high is pushing it.It may hit the duct work. That is my only problem. We could always cut a couple inches off the bottom and redrill the braces. Anything is possible.Or go to Dicks and pay more and get the 79 " one.
We will see. We are going to go look at them.
So i am going to sell the soloflex. I hate it. and he is going to give up his monster down there.
Interest rates are dropping right now. Maybe some better chances.

Meg, if you are sick , skip it. I know with dad being sick i have missed alot. But, he is more important right now.

Adri , I don't think any one was mad at you. Everyone just knows how hard these weights are to lift and you are only 14.
My girlfriend was a big time gymast in HS.Would have went to the 83 olympics , but she wanted a life.(5 hrs a night practice).
She didn't lift. She said her body was enough to lift,and she was really ripped at about 98#. MAde the boys look bad.
Well, gotta get to work.
Bath time.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Meg,

Are you following me around this morning? lol. Seen you in open discussion...I barely go over there much. You know, I was surprised when I did Imax 2 in the morning. It is so much better to do cardio first thing in the morning, well at least for me, then to do it later. Goes much smoother. Weights a different story altogether. lol. Good job though! I didn't workout yesterday either. I can afford to skip cardio though cuz I have the ectomorph disease. lol.

Diane Sue,

I am gonna have to challenge myself today with knee raises and see how many I can do. If you ever got punched in the stomach, you could seriously hurt someone's hand cuz it would be like punching steel!!! And what is this about..."must be nice to be young again"? You probably have more energy now then you have ever had to do what you do now! Your grandchildren probably get a workout just trying to keep up with you. lol

Debbie,

Way to go again, maniac! Sculpting those muscles...that is the way to do it! You did 9 chin ups??? Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte~~

Meg,

Keep your eating clean and lean and you will get those abs. I know your working them. It will come. All women who have babies have extra skin anyhow.

Charlotte~~

Yes Charlotte- I am stalking you today LOL!! I wish I could afford to skip cardio! Not with this body. Yeah it felt great to get up and get it done. I have been telling myself for months that I can't do it, and walla- I did it. Who would have thunk it??
Gotta go run some errands. Connor has a wicked diaper rash and the A+D aint cuttin it, so off to find some butt paste LOL!!!

DS- I think you do some major kick butt WO's. Very inspiring.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/150/.png[/

Hi Everyone
I'm still ganna do alittle working out today. I haven't taken a full rest day since I was 12. Even if I did like 20 minutes of abs on a so called 'rest' day for me. I'm supposed to do chest, back, abs, and a 4.5 mile run but I gues the run it out of the quetion. They're having a new kickbox class today at the gym for 30 mins and I wanna try that. I dunno if I'll be doing any pull-ups today. if so I'll probally only be able to do like 2 instead of normal 8-9 for 2 sets. I hate this friggen cold. It stresses me out when I can't workout myself how I want.

Hi to Maeghan, Charlotte, Debbie, Lora, Anne, Diane Sue, Shelia, Annette, and anyone I may have missed (sorry if I did:-()

I'll do more personals later. I'm just depressed right now
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Finished my workout today. I did 5 mile treadmill run, S&H CHest & Back and abs from S&H, Amy Bento Stretch#1.
Bench Press 30#dumbbells
flys 25#then 2 sets 20# dumbbells
incline press,25# dumbbells
incline flys 20# dumbbells
pushups on toes same as Cathe
dumbbell rows 25#
pullovers 40# dumbbell
deadlifts 35# dumbbells
supermans and planks same as Cathe

Diane Sue:)
http://wd.1ww.us

Diane Sue - Excellent workout and your ab workout was awesome as well!

Anne - are you still in pain? Take it easy if you are, don't push yourself too hard.

Meaghan - congrats on getting up and doing SJ&P, excellent and fun workout!

Dallys - an hour and a half of yoga? Holy crap!! I'd be dying! Great going!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.