Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed 8-27

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I did P90X Plus Total body and Hanging Abs.

No time to check in lately.............

Amber - I have your cell number and will try and call you either at lunch today or tomorrow from work on my friend's cell phone since I don't have a phone any more. I didn't know you were an atty. My DH is being a real Prick....BAs#%$D!

I can't wait until things get back to normal and I"m settled in my new life.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well was gonna go for hike today, but it is raining too much. Sucks...will be on elliptical for 60 mins today going slow..probably put in a movie to watch while I am on there. Be back later to report stats.

Lora,

I am thinking about you and hope that you get settled in really really soon. I cannot imagine what you are going thru and I hope your husband is not abusing you physically. You hang in there though. I hope Amber can help you. So amazing you are still working out during this time.

I was actually going to work shoulders today but I'm still very sore so I decided to do legs. Had an excellent workout. This was fun and I hate leg day.

1:30 minutes between each set and exercise

LEGS
Squats:
105# - 6
110# - 6
95# - 10
85# - 12/12
***These felt good. I don't like going over 100# with this exercise due to my back but my back is feeling great lately.

Leg Press Station:
200# - 6/6
180# - 10
170# - 12/12
***Loved this! I think this is my first time at 200#.

Static Lunge:
95# - 6/6
85# - 10
80# - 12/12
***Really felt this in my glutes.

Leg Extensions:
90# - 12/12

Hamstring Curls:
55# - 12/12
***By this time I was fried.

ABS
Crunch: 15/15

Reverse Crunch:
8# - 15/15
***Ab work was lame. Not sure if I should add more. I know they have you doing abs again on Shoulder day.

CALVES
Leg Press Station Calf Raises:
200# - 12/12
***Felt these but wish there were more sets then what was called for.

Dumbbell Calf Raises:
35's - 12/12
***Didn't feel these at all.

This workout took about an hour and 10 minutes.

That is all....

Morning Maniacs! Getting ready to do Slim Series Tone it Up and I'm planning a steady state bike ride after work. Temps are down to 85 today! Yeah!

Lora-I like your attitude about starting your new life. I bet you'll be much happier and I hope this all goes quickly for you.

Char-Scary movies are just around the corner! Have fun on the elip.

Debbie- I've noticed that most rotations from books and magazines have lame ab work. Why is that?

Good Morning,

I am so happy today is my last day till next Wednesday:rolleyes: This morning, I did KPC and Abs MIS and S&H Planks 123.

Debbie: Nice workout 200 lbs…. 2000000 lbs wow!:eek: Nice work! This rotation you sent me looks DAM GOOD. I have it already to sent to you, need your email address. [email protected].

Toasty: I checked out your work yesterday, woman. you rocked it….Nice Job:)

I have lots of work to caught up on, will ttyl.

Morning Maniacs,

See everyone is hard at work all ready. This was the last upper body day for this 4 week rotation, next week I get to change it up.

Superset A
Chins
6/6/6
BB Bench Press
8/8/8 - 97# **These never did get any easier, I am thinking it was because of the close grip pushups and the chins that proceed them.

Superset B
Elbow out Row
8/8/8 - 45#
Low Incline DB Press
8/8/8 - 40's *Had a tough time getting the forties into position!:p

Superset C
Decline Pushups
15/15/15
Incline DB Curls
8/8/8 - 23 1/2's **at rep 6 on the last set I dropped back to 23 and still barely got the last rep, it wasn't pretty.

Then cardio at 30/90 ratio for 6 rounds doing high knee runs.

Debbie - Wow!....Again Wow! Really a nice workout!

Teddy - I am jealous over the vacation

Lora
- Hope you are okay and fins some peace soon.

Char - Enjoy your cardio.

Debbie,

Nice leg workout!!! I want me a leg station thingy and do 200# too!!!! I don't have a leg station thingy so I might just do something else for that.

Teddygirl,

Thanks! I seem to post my workouts last because I workout later. Looks like you had a fun workout! Love KPC!

Linda,

You are opposite of me..looks like you are really strong thru your chest area. I'm jealous. lol. Nice workout!

Bionics,

Have fun on your bike. Yeah...we are gonna have to keep each other updated on the scary movies! I am so tired of all the Halloween 1, 2 and 59. lol.

Morning Ladies! Great workouts everyone!

yesterday I went on a 50 minutes walk and ran stadium stairs. It was fun.

today I did the Jackie Warner boot camp - it is really tough. My husband got me some wrist supports and they really helped me get through it better.

I am off to south Carolina tomorrow so probably won't have time to post.

have a great day everyone!

Yesterday I asked what Jefferson lunges are and no one answered. I googled it but could only find Jefferson squats.

Good morning maniacs..
Im going to the beach today (even though its only going to be mid-70's).. so my workout will be later..

Toasty- Have you tried Sissy Squats? I recently added them in my routines and they now have a permanent spot in my database of exercises :) they isolate the quad pretty well and hit the teardop area well too

Dally's- I hate the ab work that a lot of routies offer.. if you're looking for endurance workouts with high reps and liter weights it fits right in.. however if you lift heavy for mass or strength then i dont see where they would come in as ver useful..
personally i like to setup my core routine like i do all my other routines: with sets and reps with rest in between.. that builds the muscles and builds strength and im not at it for hours with little results :)

Have good workouts ladies!!

Debbie- I've noticed that most rotations from books and magazines have lame ab work. Why is that?

I have no clue, Dallys. I'll definitely do more with the weeks to come.

Debbie: Nice workout 200 lbs…. 2000000 lbs wow!:eek: Nice work! This rotation you sent me looks DAM GOOD. I have it already to sent to you, need your email address. [email protected].

Teddygirl - Thanks about the 200#. It's quite easy on the machine. I'm hoping to feel this workout tomorrow. :p I pm'd you girl.

Yesterday I asked what Jefferson lunges are and no one answered. I googled it but could only find Jefferson squats.

Ally - Jefferson lunges are hard to do and hard to explain. Plus, I don't think they are too safe to do. From what I remember, you place the bar under you and you straddle it. You pull the bar up that way and do your squat or lunge. If you are going heavy, it's almost damn near impossible to do. I don't recommend these things.

Thanks - It sounds like it would stress low back. I don't do NOT SAFE - Thanks for the tip. curiosity killed the cat.

Debbie: I sent to you:D No good as word doc I sent that too, so you can see how UGLY:eek: Wait one sec, give yourself credit, it is due, 200 lbs is 200 lbs, that ain't NOooooooooooooooooooooo joke! That's awesome work!

Did Step Blast today. My legs were/are still very exhausted from last night. Idiot me did 8 sets of squats with barbell and kettle bells. At least my booty will still have some junk in the trunk.

Lora- Sorry to hear about your situation. At least you're looking forward to a new life. Most are too scared to start a new life.

Hope you all have a great day! :D

Lora, I hope you can get all this nastiness sorted out as soon as possible. It is such a relief to be split and have the divorce in process when things are going bad. I felt a definite sense of freedom when my xh and i split and i had my own place, free of him messing things up, spending all the money, and making me feel horrible.

My workout will be later, as usual, probably after church.

Meals for today:

Low calorie day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/4 strawberries & 2 oz. banana (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake w/4 strawberries & 2 oz. banana (post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. flaxseed
M4: 4 oz. turkey on 1 slice Ezekiel bread; 2 tbsp. raw almonds; peach
M5: 4 oz. chicken breast; 1/2 c. pineapple
M6: Potato crusted cod; sauteed veggies w/2 tsp. parm cheese
M7: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites

1850 calories (goal was 1800 calories)
49 g. fat - 24%
202 g. protein - 44%
155 g. carbs - 33%

Not bad. Carbs should have been a little higher but without sacrificing protein, I have no clue how I could have upped it.

Debbie: Potato crusted cod, yummy:p that's fish, right? how do you prepare that, sounds like something I could roll with:p

Last edited:
Debbie: Potato crusted cod, yummy:p that a fish, right? how do you prepare that, sounds like something I could roll with:p

LMAO! Yes, it's a fish. I get these fish things at Giant Eagle in the frozen fish section. It's already made up, all you do is bake it. The Chipolte Talapia is the same thing. They are VERY good and nutritions. I know Wal Mart carries them as well, at least some of them. There are like four or five different ones.

Ew, ya'll talking about fish. lol

Alright, I am done with my cardio. I watched Chamber of Horrors while plugging along on elliptical. Deb is right. The pace for cardio is incredibly slow as I think I walk 3-4mph typically so I think at times I exceeded that while watching the dorky horror flick...

Time:60 mins
Burned 460 cals
Speed 3-5mph
Traveled 3 mi.

My food intake:

Meal 1: Kelloggs High Protein Plus cereal and a peach, few grapes
Meal 2: Protein Bar
Meal 3: Med Chicken Breast, sweet potatoe, salad, some nacho's with salsa
Meal 4: Protein Shake
Meal 5: Roast Beef, green beans

I finished my workout:D I have been busy with my grandbaby. Had to run a couple of errands and today is a cleaning day:) I walked jogged on the treadmill for 5 1/4 miles and burned 629 calories. Then I did lower body
Bowflex leg extensions 5x10reps
superset with DB deadlift 5X10
Bowflex leg press 5X12
superset with Bowflex calves 5x25
Bowflex standing kickbacks 5X12 on each leg
Butts and Guts walking lunges and firewalkers then repeat
Tracey's Glute Camp quad shredders done twice
Upper I did Body Max 2 back twice and shoulders twice then the stretch
Finished with Keli Roberts foam roller

Forgot to mention yesterday that I did Body Max 2 biceps and triceps 2 times:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.